Dueling Network Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Unmeasurable Depths - Complete Guide to Gishki

+14
Lugiafan123
MultiJazzBeat
thmaninblack
Nicks016
Barricade
storyteller
AhhGoodTimes
Potus-Mat
dylan reigns
Petit Tomabo
OverlordMMM
Tsunayoshi
DarkRiku
Wildflame
18 posters

Go down

The Unmeasurable Depths - Complete Guide to Gishki Empty The Unmeasurable Depths - Complete Guide to Gishki

Post  Wildflame 2011-11-18, 22:06

~The Unmeasurable Depths - Complete Guide to Gishki~

Okay, so I decided to make this guide about Gishki. I've been using this archetype in different variants for quite a long time, so I think I'm qualified to write this. Here we go:

I- Let's Go Deeper - Introduction

Gishki (or Ritua, as known in the OCG) is an archetype originally released in the 10th Duel Terminal, "Raid of the Inverz", and supported mainly in further installements of DT. All Gishki monsters are of the WATER attribute, and the main focus of the deck is to summon the "Evigishki" (Eviritua in the OCG), the boss monsters of the archetype, that happen to be Ritual monsters (yay!). Story-wise, the Gishki are a tribe that lives in the depths of the ocean, and uses ancient forbidden techniques to perform their rituals (if you take a close look, you'll see that the Gishki Ritual monsters are a strange combination of other Gishki monsters, and even some non-Gishki ones). They were planning to invade the lands of the Gusto, but the Steelswarm invasion came in and they had to join forces with other tribes in order to fight them. The uniqueness about this archetype is that it's the first (and only one at the moment) that deals with Ritual monsters. Most Ritual Monsters are quite hard to Summon and to use effectively (mainly because a single summon takes a lot of resources), but Gishkis deal with this by using a wide array of recycling effects that help you mantain hand advantage while summonning strong Ritual Monsters (sometimes you'll even find yourself summonning more than one Ritual Monster per turn!). Other aspects of the deck revolve about controlling your opponent's hand, sending cards back to both player's deck, and topdeck guessing and control. They can also make a strong Xyz engine, without even using Ritual cards. Overall, Gishkis are a strong control deck with a lot of flexibility to make the desired plays anytime you want, and they can give any meta decks a run for their money. If you want to bulid something different but effective, try Gishki!

II- Lords of the Deep Dark Ocean - The Evigishki -

Spoiler:

III- Seekers of the Occult Rites - The Gishki

Spoiler:

IV- Let's All Pray to the Mirror - In-Archetype S/T Support

Spoiler:

V- Allies from the Surface - Support Monsters

Spoiler:

>-Second Part of the Guide-<

Last edited by Wildflame on 2011-11-21, 17:26; edited 8 times in total
Wildflame
Wildflame

Birthday : 1991-11-11

Back to top Go down

The Unmeasurable Depths - Complete Guide to Gishki Empty Re: The Unmeasurable Depths - Complete Guide to Gishki

Post  DarkRiku 2011-11-19, 01:23

Hey your guide is a good start.

I was never sure how to build one so I think I will hold off until you finish your guide. Maybe I will have better insight on how it should be ran when you finish the guide.
DarkRiku
DarkRiku
Keyblade Wielder
Keyblade Wielder

Birthday : 1984-12-06

Back to top Go down

The Unmeasurable Depths - Complete Guide to Gishki Empty Re: The Unmeasurable Depths - Complete Guide to Gishki

Post  Tsunayoshi 2011-11-19, 02:18

Going to correct OP right now because this is beginning to become a serious pet peeve that pisses me off

DARK WORLD NO NOT GET THEIR EFFECTS FROM EFFECTS THAT SEND! DARK WORLD HATE ANY AND EVERY DAMN EFFECT THAT SAYS SEND!
Tsunayoshi
Tsunayoshi

Birthday : 1987-09-27

Back to top Go down

Post  OverlordMMM 2011-11-19, 11:53

Where does he say that sending is good for DW?

The only thing I see remotely close is Evigishki Tetrogre. The discard from that would trigger DW and negate his effect resolution, and if he selects monster for the effect of it, then you can send a Grapha to the grave.

I'd like to know what you're seeing.
OverlordMMM
OverlordMMM

Back to top Go down

Post  Wildflame 2011-11-19, 12:21

DarkRiku wrote:Hey your guide is a good start.

I was never sure how to build one so I think I will hold off until you finish your guide. Maybe I will have better insight on how it should be ran when you finish the guide.

Thanks!, I'll do my best to make this guide as good as it can be.

Tsunayoshi wrote:Going to correct OP right now because this is beginning to become a serious pet peeve that pisses me off

DARK WORLD NO NOT GET THEIR EFFECTS FROM EFFECTS THAT SEND! DARK WORLD HATE ANY AND EVERY DAMN EFFECT THAT SAYS SEND!

Talking 'bout Tetrogre?, the negation part clearly says "discard", and I'm pretty sure that DWs monsters would get both of their effects if discarded for this effect (correct me if I'm wrong).

Also, finished with section IV of the guide.

Wildflame
Wildflame

Back to top Go down

Post  Petit Tomabo 2011-11-19, 15:34

excellent guide, have played them myself once, and against them, good thing I mained 3x Thunder Kings xD
Petit Tomabo
Petit Tomabo

Birthday : 1997-04-08

Back to top Go down

Post  dylan reigns 2011-11-19, 15:37

nice guide inspired me to make this deck. I went with a level 8 ritual variant. I can post my decklist if you want to see it.
dylan reigns
dylan reigns

Back to top Go down

Post  Potus-Mat 2011-11-19, 15:45

Tsunayoshi wrote:Going to correct OP right now because this is beginning to become a serious pet peeve that pisses me off
"Do! Do-do-do-do-do, do-do-do, do-do!"
Mister Tsunayoshi x 1
Anyway, Mario references aside...
Nice article. If you do not add Trade-In, I will break you, though.
Potus-Mat
Potus-Mat

Birthday : 1994-03-13

Back to top Go down

Post  AhhGoodTimes 2011-11-19, 16:05

Ceremonial Mirror of Illusion doesn't grant you Gustkrake's effect. Gustkrake has to be Ritual Summoned for its effect. That trap Special Summons, doesn't Ritual Summon. Soul Ogre would be the ideal monster for that trap card.

I find that Gishki Abyss at 3 makes the deck much more consistent and searchable. Just my preference though.
AhhGoodTimes
AhhGoodTimes

Back to top Go down

Post  dylan reigns 2011-11-19, 16:09

AhhGoodTimes wrote:
I find that Gishki Abyss at 3 makes the deck much more consistent and searchable. Just my preference though.
I would much rather have 3 Erials personally.
dylan reigns
dylan reigns

Back to top Go down

Post  AhhGoodTimes 2011-11-19, 16:16

dylan reigns wrote:
AhhGoodTimes wrote:

It it wrong that I have 3 Abyss and 3 Erial? My LV8 Gishki deck's just as much of an Xyz deck as it is a Ritual deck.
AhhGoodTimes
AhhGoodTimes

Back to top Go down

Post  dylan reigns 2011-11-19, 16:18

AhhGoodTimes wrote:
dylan reigns wrote:
AhhGoodTimes wrote:

It it wrong that I have 3 Abyss and 3 Erial? My LV8 Gishki deck's just as much of an Xyz deck as it is a Ritual deck.
lol not at all, if i had to choose one over the other it would be Erial though.
dylan reigns
dylan reigns

Back to top Go down

Post  storyteller 2011-11-19, 17:08

Always wanted a Ritual-based Gishki deck. Might build one once this guide is finished.

I do run a Xyz variant with minor synchros. Avance is awesome, but Erial usually ends up not-so-useful unless you have her in your opening hand or is the first gishki you draw.

Either way, keep up the good work.

BTW, the proper word would be "Immeasurable". "Unmeasurable" seems to be becoming a widely accepted word but... pretty sure it's not an actual word.
storyteller
storyteller

Birthday : 1991-10-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Wildflame 2011-11-20, 00:43

30~40% of section V is up, will continue with it tomorrow, too tired at the moment...

AhhGoodTimes wrote:Ceremonial Mirror of Illusion doesn't grant you Gustkrake's effect. Gustkrake has to be Ritual Summoned for its effect. That trap Special Summons, doesn't Ritual Summon. Soul Ogre would be the ideal monster for that trap card.

Oh, quite true. Didn't realized that it doesn't count as a Ritual summon. Will fix that later, thanks for making me notice it.

storyteller wrote:BTW, the proper word would be "Immeasurable". "Unmeasurable" seems to be becoming a widely accepted word but... pretty sure it's not an actual word.

Is that so?, I'm not 100% sure but I think that both of them are valid (I'm not a native english speaker though...)

Thanks for the comments!
Wildflame
Wildflame

Back to top Go down

Post  Barricade 2011-11-20, 10:53

To be honest, I haven't tried this card in any variants, but now that I read into it, it can be really good in Gustkrake-heavy decks: use it when your opponent declares an attack to block it AND return one card from their hand to the deck. Gustkrake will later return to your hand for further summons.

Try running 1 in Level 6/hand control variants. Who knows?, it can be useful.
Gustkrake needs to be ritual summoned for its effect to activate, that trap is only useful if your going for a quick sync, xyz, or defend
Barricade
Barricade

Birthday : 1995-07-17

Back to top Go down

Post  AhhGoodTimes 2011-11-20, 11:06

I really want them to release a Gishki Emilia that locks Spell Cards. Then I could make a Gishki Spirit Lockdown Deck using Izanagi, Mirror of Yata and Spiritual Energy Settle Machine. Rituals and Spirits are my two favorite types of monsters so it would be a dream come true for me to use both.

Last edited by AhhGoodTimes on 2011-11-20, 15:49; edited 2 times in total
AhhGoodTimes
AhhGoodTimes

Back to top Go down

Post  AhhGoodTimes 2011-11-20, 11:13

Just some things to add:

Deep Sea Diva works best in LV6 builds since you can use Diva and a lV6 Ritual to make a LV8 Synchro like Stardust Dragon or Scrap Dragon. In LV8 builds it can be a bit useless. There are better things to put in a LV8 build besides Diva.

Genex Ally Birdman works great with Gishki Beast for an emergency Blackrose Dragon, Arcanite Magician or the awesome Gungnir, Dragon of the Ice Barrier.

This is all just from my opinion and experience.
AhhGoodTimes
AhhGoodTimes

Back to top Go down

Post  Wildflame 2011-11-20, 14:17

Finished with section V (I think, might add more things in the future if something comes to my mind).

Will be working on section VI now. Peace!
Wildflame
Wildflame

Back to top Go down

Post  AhhGoodTimes 2011-11-20, 15:53

AhhGoodTimes wrote:I really want them to release a Gishki Emilia that locks Spell Cards. Then I could make a Gishki Spirit Lockdown Deck using Izanagi, Mirror of Yata and Spiritual Energy Settle Machine. Rituals and Spirits are my two favorite types of monsters so it would be a dream come true for me to use both.

Never mind. I just realized Emilia's effect works only until the end phase so Izanagi and the likes are useless. Still more Gishki Spirit monsters would be cool.

And considering how DT is giving Xyz support to all of its archetypes I would appreciate a Gishki Rank 6 Xyz monster.

The Sacred Ptolymes M7 is out on DN. I put one in my Gishki LV6 deck. Nothing like pissing off you opponent with a bunch of Gustkrake spamming, overlaying 2 for The Sacred Ptolymes and bouncing his Stardust Dragon Very Happy
AhhGoodTimes
AhhGoodTimes

Back to top Go down

Post  Wildflame 2011-11-21, 17:20

>-First Part of the Guide-<

VI- New Tools for the Ceremonies - Support S/T Cards

Spoiler:

VII- A Different Type of Rites...? - The Extra Deck

Spoiler:

VIII- Ritual with your Own Style - The Variants

Spoiler:

IX- Time for the Second Assault! - Side Deck Tips

Spoiler:

X- Gathered Spirits - Sample Deck Lists

Spoiler:

Working as fast as I can on this guide, don't forget to give your feedback and suggestions!

Last edited by Wildflame on 2011-11-25, 21:14; edited 1 time in total
Wildflame
Wildflame

Back to top Go down

Post  Wildflame 2011-11-21, 17:30

Argh!, never thought about the post size limit...; anyways, the guide is in 2 parts now.

Also, finished with section VI (that was a long one...).
Wildflame
Wildflame

Back to top Go down

Post  storyteller 2011-11-21, 20:44

Section VI has too many extraneous cards. We don't need to be told to run solemns, reborn, dark hole, etc. Just keep it to the more specific stuff (first half) and the little more involved stuff (dustshoot and mind crush).
storyteller
storyteller

Birthday : 1991-10-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Wildflame 2011-11-22, 02:11

storyteller wrote:Section VI has too many extraneous cards. We don't need to be told to run solemns, reborn, dark hole, etc. Just keep it to the more specific stuff (first half) and the little more involved stuff (dustshoot and mind crush).

Yeah, I get you, I know that most people don't need to be told that they have to run their staples, but I'm pretty sure that some of them do. Besides, it's not like ALL staples go with EVERY kind of deck.

Will be working on the Extra deck section tomorrow~
Wildflame
Wildflame

Back to top Go down

Post  Wildflame 2011-11-25, 21:16

Section VII is up!
Wildflame
Wildflame

Back to top Go down

Post  Nicks016 2011-11-26, 20:31

I would first like to say that I love this guide and you did a very nice job making it!!! I have found some of your commentary very humorous and entertaining! Like you, I have deeply adored playing Gishkis and have found them very competetive against many top-tier decks. In fact, they are my second favorite deck or sometimes even my first depending on my mood. I used to run a Levia-Dragon deck way back when and Water has always been my favorite Attribute. Not to mention that Rituals were basically dead up to this point except for the occasional Herald of Perfection, Demise, or sometimes even Zork or Relinquished. I haven't tried many variants yet, but mainly single cards. The deck that I run is actually a general build that uses both level 6's and 8's respectively. Surpringly, many other users have told me to run either Level 6 or Level 8's, but this is a general build. I consider those two decks variants. Currently, the Rituals I run are 2 Gustkrake, 1 Mind Augus, and 1 Soul Ogre (With Forbidden Arts of course) while Levianima is sided. Soul Ogre + Forbidden Arts has won me so many games against Synchro heavy decks since they cant run over Soul Ogre and his effect is extroardinary against most meta decks. Also, I have always found Crimson Blader a very usefull card that could have a place in the Extra Deck. Once Hidden Arsenal 5 gets released, I'm going to get my hands on this stuff immediately. They're definately going to be inexpensive and most players wont take them seriously until you show their potential. Not only only does the release of Gishkis symbolize a Ritual comeback, but also it portrays that they will get the rest of their support in the future! I already have plans for trying to create a competetive deck right after Hidden Arsenal 5 in real life. Anyway, sorry for being lengthy, I hope to see more from this Guide in the future! Smile
Nicks016
Nicks016

Birthday : 1995-11-28

Back to top Go down

Post  AhhGoodTimes 2011-11-27, 17:24

I had to take out the Synchro element of my Gishki LV8 deck. Sad Birdman just always ends up being a dead draw unless I have Gishki Beast. Maybe DN just hates my Gishki deck.

No Sacred Ptolymes M7? It's easy to get out in LV6 buils with all the Gustkrake spamming. It can get rid of your opponent's monster that Gustkrake might not be able to, even Stardust Dragon. It's also a recycler.
AhhGoodTimes
AhhGoodTimes

Back to top Go down

Post  AhhGoodTimes 2011-12-09, 19:05

I tried again using both LV6 and LV8. They work really well. Gustkrake and Levianima together really makes you rock with hand advantage. I still hate it when I only have Mirror, Gustkrake and a LV8 in my hand. -_- damn exact levels lol.
AhhGoodTimes
AhhGoodTimes

Back to top Go down

Post  thmaninblack 2011-12-14, 23:16

The guide is missing a somewhat important section---> dealing with turn 1 TKRO, which is this deck's largest issue by far.

Add airorca, since it's searchable by diva and has a 1 for 1 destruction effect.

As for my thoughts on the guide, Ariel isn't as good as it's made out to be. Way too much generic destruction like Hyperion running around, Rai-Oh eats it alive, and it takes a turn to set up.

Generally it's preferable, at least to me, to run a majority of either the level 6s or the level eights, mainly because mirror needs exact levels and doing that will allow you to summon rituals by sacrificing other rituals that might be dead in your hand.

Birdman I usually found to be very, very dead. Maybe thats just me.

The level 8 rituals I find are somewhat better. A lot of the level 6's, like Augus, have good effects as well but are way too situational. Augus can ruin lightsworn, infernities, and to an extent agents, but does very little for other matchups other than being a beatstick.

Giski Beast would be much better if we actually had good generic rank 4s other than utopia, and to an extent, roach.
thmaninblack
thmaninblack

Back to top Go down

Post  MultiJazzBeat 2011-12-14, 23:38

I love Gishkis.
I just wish they wouldn't loose to Thunder king, Naturia Beast, and Dfissure.
But, they can constantly recycle themselves over and over again.
MultiJazzBeat
MultiJazzBeat

Birthday : 1994-02-22

Back to top Go down

Post  Lugiafan123 2011-12-19, 14:30

Nicks16 just like you I use different levels and its working like a charm. The other day I managed to beat the * out of a guy that used gravekeepers with this deck.

Abyss 3X
Ariel 2X
Beast 3X
Chain 1X
Shadow 3X
Vision 3X
Anima 1X
Psyche 1X
Augus 2X
Soul 1X
Tetra 1X
Gigas 2x

Spells:
Acsending 1X
Dark Hole 1X
Forbidden 1X
Aquamirror 3X
MST 2X
Heavy Storm 1X
Preparation of rites 1X
Salvage 3X
Fullfillment of the contract 1X

Traps:
Royal decree 3X
Lugiafan123
Lugiafan123

Back to top Go down

Post  Nicks016 2011-12-20, 18:29

Lugiafan123 wrote:Nicks16 just like you I use different levels and its working like a charm. The other day I managed to beat the * out of a guy that used gravekeepers with this deck.

Abyss 3X
Ariel 2X
Beast 3X
Chain 1X
Shadow 3X
Vision 3X
Anima 1X
Psyche 1X
Augus 2X
Soul 1X
Tetra 1X
Gigas 2x

Spells:
Acsending 1X
Dark Hole 1X
Forbidden 1X
Aquamirror 3X
MST 2X
Heavy Storm 1X
Preparation of rites 1X
Salvage 3X

Traps:
Royal decree 3X

See? i don't understand why people say that General Builds don't work. Before the "staple", or more commonly used Evigishki Rituals, (GustKrake and Levianima), there was no distinction on a Level 6 or a Level 8 variant. The only Rituals were Evigishki Soul Ogre, Mind Augus, and Tetrogre. You were basically forced to build a Gerenal build because the only other variant was the Xyz one. My deck is basically an evolved form as new cards and relevant support was released over time. Not to mention that Level 6 builds get destroyed by simple beatsticks, while the Level 8 variant gets wrecked by Spells/Traps/Effects. Removal kills everything so that's a given. A good balance and variety in a deck is key for success in any archetype or variant whatsoever. Even with the new OTK potential using Evigishki Zealgigas has the same theme over and over again. Not saying that the Level 6 or Level 8 or OTK variants are bad, just kinda repetitive and downright perdictable compared to other, more creative build ideas out there.
Nicks016
Nicks016

Back to top Go down

Post  Lugiafan123 2012-01-06, 01:38

I actually built another gishki deck for traditional fornmat

Heres the list so please tell me what you think

Abyss X2
Ariel X1
Beast X2
Shadow X3
Vision X3
Krake X3
Anima X1
Psyche X2
Gigas X1

Confiscation X1
D.D Designator X3
Aquamirror X2
Salvage X3
Forceful Sentry X1
Feather duster X1
Pot of Greed X1

Aquamirror meditation X2
Mind Crush X2
Seven Tools of the bandit X3
Spiritual Water Art-Aoi X3
Trap Dustshoot X1

Remember that this is for traditional format
but please tell me what you think about this deck.
Lugiafan123
Lugiafan123

Back to top Go down

Post  Tsunayoshi 2012-01-06, 01:40

Way too many rituals. Either build for hand control or build for the OTK. Never build for both.
Tsunayoshi
Tsunayoshi

Birthday : 1987-09-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Amy Cool 2012-01-06, 06:18

Nicks016 wrote:
Lugiafan123 wrote:Nicks16 just like you I use different levels and its working like a charm. The other day I managed to beat the * out of a guy that used gravekeepers with this deck.

Abyss 3X
Ariel 2X
Beast 3X
Chain 1X
Shadow 3X
Vision 3X
Anima 1X
Psyche 1X
Augus 2X
Soul 1X
Tetra 1X
Gigas 2x

Spells:
Acsending 1X
Dark Hole 1X
Forbidden 1X
Aquamirror 3X
MST 2X
Heavy Storm 1X
Preparation of rites 1X
Salvage 3X

Traps:
Royal decree 3X

See? i don't understand why people say that General Builds don't work. Before the "staple", or more commonly used Evigishki Rituals, (GustKrake and Levianima), there was no distinction on a Level 6 or a Level 8 variant. The only Rituals were Evigishki Soul Ogre, Mind Augus, and Tetrogre. You were basically forced to build a Gerenal build because the only other variant was the Xyz one. My deck is basically an evolved form as new cards and relevant support was released over time. Not to mention that Level 6 builds get destroyed by simple beatsticks, while the Level 8 variant gets wrecked by Spells/Traps/Effects. Removal kills everything so that's a given. A good balance and variety in a deck is key for success in any archetype or variant whatsoever. Even with the new OTK potential using Evigishki Zealgigas has the same theme over and over again. Not saying that the Level 6 or Level 8 or OTK variants are bad, just kinda repetitive and downright perdictable compared to other, more creative build ideas out there.

General Builds work but they are far from competitive. Main reason: Using many different level of rituals means you won't be able to sacrifice other ritual of the same level usually but instead waste vision or shadow for it. This means your consistency will drop down and using such a deck for a competitive play will be a waste of time. Your build can work, because Gishki have great searching engine but compared to builds that centralize mainly around one Ritual are nothing but some fun decks. About receptivity and predictable things, if you build it right it doesn't matter if its predictable or not, just look at Billy Brake Plants, they were predictable to the last card but still winning like charlie sheen. You can be creative always it doesn't matter which build you use.
Amy Cool
Amy Cool

Back to top Go down

Post  Neon Cross 2012-01-06, 08:56

Nice Guide. The fun part about Gishki is that there are many versions you can build. Finding the one that works best for you is a journey that is both fun and logical.

Ritual Monsters have died out long ago and barely many new ones are made. I was happy to see this Archetype since it's about the Ritual Monsters.
Neon Cross
Neon Cross

Back to top Go down

Post  Nicks016 2012-01-06, 19:09

@Amy Cool

I do understand what you are saying, and I do thank you for at least saying that it can function. The reason why I use a general build is because I first discovered Gishki's when only Evgishki Soul Ogre and Evigishki Mind Augus existed. Like I said earlier, there was no distinction between variants except for the upcoming Xyz variant and Evigishki Tetrogre's debut into the OCG. My deck evolved over time since then. Honestly though, how many Rituals do you think I run? No, I don't run all, nor do I run a lot of them. I only run 4 which are: Evigishki Soul Ogre, Mind Augus, and 2 Gustkrake's while Levianima and Zealgigas are sided. So, that's 1 Level 8 Ritual and 3 Level 6's. I almost never have to use Gishki Shadow or Vision Gishki for the Ritual fodder. Even so, having 3 Level 6's make easy Summoning of other Level 6 Rituals while returning back other the other Ritual that was used for the Ritual fodder. In a worst-case scenario, I could just use a Gishki Abyss and a Level 6 Ritual to Ritual Summon Evigishki Soul ogre or 2 Level 4 Monsters. Evigishki Soul Ogre is the reason why I run Forbidden Arts of the Gishki. Using Tope Tier, Ace Monsters such as Master Hyperion, Grapha, Stardust Dragon, etc. for the Ritual Summon are nothing but fun and severly Minus your opponent while giving you card advantage and is relatively easy to conduct. Evigishki Mind Augus recycles key staples and can severly Minus your opponent if they are running a Graveyard-oriented Deck Type. The likelihood of them drawing those cards again are slim and if you returned Dead Draws, that's even better. For example, returning already-used Glow-Up Bulbs and Spores can sometimes cause your opponent to have significantly more dead draws and their mill factor has been slowed. Billy Brake has nothing to do with Gishki's anyway. Anyone can predict Plant plays, in fact use them. Plants aren't difficult to use; they are difficult to master. For instance, deciding which Synchro Summon to occur to maintain card advantage, yet gain significant advantage over your opponent. Also, choosing the best way to exploit and individual card is how you master Plants. It takes real dedication and a skillful player to reach his level of play. Besides, people do not give enough General Builds enough time. For example, they may have built the deck of key, or not up to its full capacity (excluding net-deckers), have drawn a bad hand due to the luck factor of Yu-Gi-Oh!, misplayed, or haven't dueled enough to really get the focus of the deck. Conducting less than 10 duels for one deck type isn't enough of a test to dub it inconsistent, nor is it enough to say that the deck is bad. Personally, I believe that conducting in over 50-100+ duels is when you can only dub it inconsistent or slow. If a player is losing with any deck constantly, then that concludes that it's time for a change in the deck, the type of the deck, or to move on. Also, it bugs me when people criticize a deck they do not anything about. I'm not saying that you are wrong because opinions cannot be wrong, but it's ridiculous when players instantly call a deck bad when they haven't even given it a chance or just relate it to other builds that they have used themselves, or have seen. On a side note, when I win usually 8-9/10 of my games, I'm pretty certain that I'm doing somthing right. Sure, conducting Dueling Network duels doesn't exactly count considering that people run anything, but it provides a basis for how a deck functions and its mechanics against other Top-Tier decks. My upmost apologies for this post for it being so long, but I got my point across in a more vived, and sophisticated manner that I have been yearning to do. I thank you for your time and appreciation at most, thank you...
Nicks016
Nicks016

Back to top Go down

Post  Amy Cool 2012-01-06, 23:15

Lol, you wrote quite enough there. Just for the record I never comment an archetype if I did not explore it good enough to talk about it. For Gishkis exactly I tested out various builds many times, more than enough to tell which build is most successful in my point of view of course. Control builds happened to be more fragile than aggressive builds since they spend deck space on control rather than protection. In fact, in gishki deck its hard to have a good protection when you have to run so many core cards for your engine. For me, Zeal Gigas along with Tragoedia and Gorz and Compulsory Device proved as most consistent as Zeal and Trago combine well and plus Trag and Gorz bring me that needed protection, turning the table easily but not predictive. Compulsory combines amazingly with everything, it can save your own monsters, recycle with beast for even faster gigas swarm, act as book of moon, get rid of those annoying zenmaines, gachi gachi and every other similar cards, and finally gets me out of stuck situation vs rai oh which is included in almost every deck, if not then for sure in most side decks. rai oh is the biggest threat and must be cleaned fast. compulsory trag and gorz make this easy for my build while I have enough resources left for large gishki engine plays to generate great advantage with deck thinning and drawing.

But, im happy you use 3 LV6. I'm curious do you use Mind Crush and Trap Dustshoot because Gustkrake is your most used ritual out there, or you just control with your rituals?
Amy Cool
Amy Cool

Back to top Go down

Post  AhhGoodTimes 2012-01-07, 10:04

What do you guys think of Fulfillment of the Contract? Gishki are at the point where they can spam Rituals like a boss. I doubt Zeal Gigas builds would need it but perhaps Level 6 and 8 builds would.

Also what do you guys think about Synchros in Gishki decks? Personally I think they're only good in Level 6 builds since Diva gives you access to Level 4-8 Synchros as well as Rank 2 Xyzs. Diva isn't really compatible in Level 8 and 10 builds. Genex Ally Birdman is great with Gishki Beast but it's always been a dead draw for me. Fishborg Launcher can be dumped by Tetrogre but it would have to be early in the game or else it'll become dead due to non-Water Synchros and Xyzs. Conclusion: Only Synchro in Level 6 builds and only with Diva. But I'm hoping someone can prove me wrong.

My main Gishi deck uses Level 6 and Level 10, specifically 3 Gustkrake and 3 Zeal Gigas. Gustkrake has saved my OTK a couple times by weeding out my opponent's Gorz, Trag or Battle Fader.

Maybe the OP can add this into the variants?
https://i.imgur.com/a3fSD.jpg
The deck is Ice Barrier Gishkis. Uses Gustkrake looping to kill my opponent's hand and General Raiho to lock them down (either they can't afford to discard for their effects or they don't have any cards to discard). The deck is extremely consistent with Gishki's searchability and Medallion of the Ice Barrier. I've never really tried it on rated though just meant to be a fun Gishki variant.

AhhGoodTimes
AhhGoodTimes

Back to top Go down

Post  Nicks016 2012-01-07, 12:32

@ Amy Cool

Again, sorry for writing so much, just wanted to get my point acros. Smile. Anyway, my build does include Traps, (around 8-10), just because I like to have a solid defensive line and to have a basic deck that includes around 20 Monsters, around 10 Spells and around 10 Traps.I probably plan on siding some of the traps to make it more consistent by adding Gorz and possibly Trag. I totally forgot about those two so I thank you for that! On another note, I completely forgot about Compulsory. I have been using D-Prison instead and in real life I use Compulsory as a nice Tech. I plan on siding the D-prison's to make room for Compulsory! I have to agree with a lot of what you are saying especially the Thunder King Rai-Oh, which is why I side Smashing Grounds usually. It's also ironic how my friends on this site are the ones that i get into debates with, namely over Gishki's. (Seriously, this is like the third time this has happened xD.)

Yes,I run Trap Dustshoot in the Main Deck while Mind Crush is usually sided Game 1. I usually side the Mind Crush's in Games 2 and 3 depending on how much search or what deck my opponent is using. Evigishki Gustkrake offers the best way to kill their hand but Mind Crush is also a nice card too. Smile Good luck with your build in the future!

@AhhGoodTimes

Personally, I don't think it's a bad card for the deck, but most of the time you will be recycling the Aquamirror's and space can be so tight in Gishki builds. You can always run it as a random tech or side card if you wanted too of course.

As for the Tuners, Fishbord Blaster was a great card, but that needed to go. Deep Sea Diva is great for getting out Diviners, Lost Blue Breakers, or Visions but I feel as if Lost Blue Breaker is becoming obselete with all the backrow-hate already. Genex Ally Birdman, in my opinion is sometimes better than Fishborg Blaster, and gets around the upcoming Fishborg Launcher. In my own build, I run 1 Diva, 1 Fishborg Launcher, and 1 Birdman but the space is so tight! Then again, I run a General Build so I have access to 3 Level 6, and 1 Level 8 so Synchroing is just an added bonus. Also, Lavalval Chain works great for milling Launcher and Aquamirror or even a Ritual. i'm sure sooner or later, someone wil find away to make Synchro's work in other variants other than the Level 6's. Smile

About the Ice Barrier Gishki's: It can definately work and I really am astounded that someone actually mixed two archetypes together since Gishki's only really work by themselves for the most part. I've actually though about that idea a long time ago, just never got around to actually building it! It does seem rather fun to use. According to the Duel Terminal Storylines, the remaining Ice Barriers formed the Gishki's after Trishula nearly destroyed the Duel Terminal World. So, both archetypes should be able to have some compatibility!

P.S. I absolutely love your signature about the Gishki's, that's really funny! Smile

Nicks016
Nicks016

Back to top Go down

Post  AhhGoodTimes 2012-01-07, 13:48

@Nicks

True and then again I've almost never had to tribute a Ritual on the field for a Ritual Summon. Usually I only tribute Rituals in the hand so Fulfillment probably wouldn't be much of use. I might side it though since it works well with Psychelone, Soul Ogre and Zeal Gigas.

Good points but I just can't get around Fisborg Launcher being dead in the grave due to non-water Synchros and Xyzs and Genex Ally Birdman being dead in the hand. Though it appears other Gishki players never have problems with Birdman being dead without Beast so I guess I just have bad luck lol

Thank you. The idea to mix Evigishki Gustkrake and General Raiho just came to me randomly while skimming the Ice Barriers. And like you said the Ice Barriers are the ancestors of the Gishki so it peaked my interest even more. If the thread creator does put it in the variants I expect a "Thanks to AhhGoodTimes" lol. And thx for commenting on the sig. ^^
AhhGoodTimes
AhhGoodTimes

Back to top Go down

Post  Amy Cool 2012-01-07, 16:47

Nicks016 trying em out won't disappoint you for sure Razz Dunno how it will work in your own build but I centered mine so that those are my main backup and they do wonders. Actually Trag is a beast with all those abilities and the fact I always get hand advantage quickly with Gishkis. I play not much traps so Gorz and Trag are both very important in my build and they make me lose less LP to open attacks. I need that LP for Zeal gigas so much. Also Compulsory is the best support card besides salvage that deck can run and in this format, it pwns so much considering that it is helpful in disruption of your opp and also for looping your own gishki engine. Its chain ability makes your opponent waste sometimes a card to kill it and then you just chain it for more advantage.

I tried out Launcher so many times but somehow, in my Zeal Gigas build it doesn't work. It always either wastes my normal summon to get it to grave (since my soul ogre is almost never needed to use his eff and discard that noob to grave) or I need to push myself to dump it with Lavalval which also wastes my resources. I really just wanted it to use for instant Trish wit Beast but meh, if I get it to work once in 15 games then its better to give myself some good top rather than that dead draw :/

On the other side Birdman is amazing in my build however I don't push him so much out. 1x is enough for me to have additional options and we all know how much you can abuse it with all those searchers ^^. My main goal was Beast->gishki searcher->birdman -> searcher to hand advantage->BRD->nuke or bite a solemn so i can go with Gigas OTK Razz

This deck is so ridiculous because when I say OTK, yea my build is an OTK build but its not forcing it, it just happens like almost always lol. What I want to say its not like for example Gaia OTK = if you don't pull it ur dead because your whole deck is around that. Gigas OTK is just a bonus in means of Gustaph as an extra gift to gishki archetype Razz Most innovative play with him was when I faced some Exodia deck that stops me from attacks with fader and other nubs. I had to burn whole 8000 down with Gustaph = Compulsory! to reuse him =.=

Ice Barrier Gishki's. Nice one, will check sometimes how it goes and can it be spiced up a lil. Many hybrid builds can be made. For example one that worked very well for me was Destiny Draw engine to be able to use Absolute Zero and draw deeper into my deck for a cost of defense. I used Dogma and Plasma as my Gishki's were Levianima and Ogre all LV8 so Destiny Draw + Trade In pwnage. But, somehow Zeal Gigas build is much more consistent for me.
Amy Cool
Amy Cool

Back to top Go down

Post  seitenshi 2012-01-18, 11:22

IMO, Noelia is much better than at first glance. Her effect speeds Rituas up by so, so much, especially in a deck that runs 3x Ritua Beast and 3x Salvage.

Noelia is much faster than Chain; although Chain makes the deck a little more consistent. It's personal preference to see which of the 2 are to your liking, but in the OCG where I play Noelia is better simply because she is fast. With Noelia, you can run extra copies of Preparations of Rites; she will allow that turn 1 Preparation to Gustkrake easily in turn 1.

seitenshi

Back to top Go down

Post  Amy Cool 2012-01-18, 11:40

Abyss, Shadow, Vision, Beast -> the ultimate team. all others can't compete with them.
Amy Cool
Amy Cool

Back to top Go down

Post  AsherpotterCOPY 2012-01-18, 13:42

This deck is ridiculous.
AsherpotterCOPY
AsherpotterCOPY

Back to top Go down

Post  AhhGoodTimes 2012-01-30, 13:31

I run a deck using 2 Gustkrake, 1 Mind Augus and 3 Zeal Gigas and I was wonder what do you guys think is better for Zeal Gigas builds, Gishki Chain or Gishki Avance?

Gishki Chain:
Pros - 1800 beater, potentially breaks even with hand advantage
Cons - Effect is slightly inconsistent, can't be Salvaged

Gishki Avance
Pros - Completely consistent and insures the success of Zeal Gigas' draw
Pros - Weak stats, can be Salvaged

I'm debating which to use along side Zeal Gigas' eff. Since I hate even the slightest doubt I'm kinda leaning towards Avance.
AhhGoodTimes
AhhGoodTimes

Back to top Go down

Post  Amy Cool 2012-01-30, 19:44

Tragoedia - 2x.

that will clear your doubts between those two.
Amy Cool
Amy Cool

Back to top Go down

Post  Lugiafan123 2012-02-07, 04:34

Here comes my updated Gishki deck. Advice would be highly apreciated

The Unmeasurable Depths - Complete Guide to Gishki Ys5Uq

Lugiafan123
Lugiafan123

Back to top Go down

Post  Amy Cool 2012-02-07, 08:26

u know, normally for 3 trade in its enough 6 lv8. if you use 8 then whats then point when it hurts global consistency of the deck. I mean when u need a good card you get unusable ritual top and lose the duel. In this kind of deck where you can recycle rituals from grave even 3 rituals is enough for 2 trade ins.

also get rid of every low gishki which is not vision,shadow,beast,abyss and if you prefer very much but i dont suggest ariel (but keep it minor if used).

i never got why ppl miss core card of every deck: dark hole. ur not running exodia not to use it :/

2 mirrors are only needed and max abyss.
Amy Cool
Amy Cool

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down