Dueling Network Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Several Ideas for DN...Mostly Stolen from YN

2 posters

Go down

Several Ideas for DN...Mostly Stolen from YN Empty Several Ideas for DN...Mostly Stolen from YN

Post  mnslayer27 2011-11-23, 23:33

As the title suggests, I have a ton of ideas that could help improve DN. Most ideas are from Yugiohnetwork, though.

Ban/Traditional
I think that the Traditional section should be for Traditional only, and that an Unrestricted section should be created.

Counters
DN needs counters. I believe I saw a topic with someone else mentioning it, but I figured I should touch on it anyways. A large number of cards in Yugioh rely on counters, not to mention counters help keep track of cards that say "X number of turns". Adding counters would help every duelist.

Field Sets
An option that allows users to upload an image for their own field as the background would be pretty cool. Any Field Spell should override that background image, and the image should only be the person hosting the duel.

Import/Export
One of the best features of Yugiohnetwork was that decks could be exported in YVD or HTML format. YVD for uploading to other dueling sites/programs or sending to someone else to use on DN, and HTML for forums.

Longer Deck Names/Viewing Deck Names
Most duelists I have talked to, including myself, would appreciate longer deck names. The names of both decks should be displayed at the start of the match.

Ocg/Tcg Identifier
I think a few symbol should be created to show if a card is TCG-only, OCG-only, or both.

Random Decks
I would love to duel with one of my decks selected at random. I'm sure other duelists would want to try their hand at random duels as well.

Rated/Unrated
There could be a box to check for Rated/Unrated duels. I'm not entirely sure how to work it, as the main set up would change.

Record/Replay
I would love to see a Record/Replay option implemented. Being able to watch the greatest matches I've had on Yugiohnetwork was amazing, and I know most people would want to do the same on DN.

Sorting
Yugiohnetwork had a nice sorting feature, that allowed cards to not only be searched via ATK, Attribute, DEF, Level, Name, and Type, but could be sorted by those as well. This makes things much faster when researching cards and also allows different ways to organize decks. Might be useful for deck exporting/importing, too.

Well, that's all I have for now. Hope this helped out!

Last edited by mnslayer27 on 2011-11-23, 23:36; edited 1 time in total

mnslayer27

Back to top Go down

Several Ideas for DN...Mostly Stolen from YN Empty Re: Several Ideas for DN...Mostly Stolen from YN

Post  MultiJazzBeat 2011-11-23, 23:34

there is already a hole thread devoted to this...
MultiJazzBeat
MultiJazzBeat

Birthday : 1994-02-22

Back to top Go down

Several Ideas for DN...Mostly Stolen from YN Empty Re: Several Ideas for DN...Mostly Stolen from YN

Post  mnslayer27 2011-11-23, 23:39

MultiJazzBeat wrote:there is already a hole thread devoted to this...

Really? I didn't see anything with a name that suggested that, though. Now I feel like I wasted a ton of time >_<

mnslayer27

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down