Dueling Network Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Yugioh vs Vanguard will yugioh fall???

+10
Prince Vegeta
The Predator32
Adept VantageSP
Gmoose
R4GEKILL
DarkRiku
Badass_Bunny
Miror B.
HarleyThomas
Seraphim2064
14 posters

Go down

Yugioh vs Vanguard will yugioh fall??? Empty Yugioh vs Vanguard will yugioh fall???

Post  Seraphim2064 2012-01-16, 15:52

Recently Vanguard game has became very popular in Japan. It has top in sales more than Yugioh when it had first came out. When I went to local card shop most of them are beginning to sell Vanguard. When I was looking at this game very fun and very very balanced. Only two starter packs and one booster pack has came out. I honestly saw people trading in there yugioh cards for this card game. Recently the poll of yugioh sales had drop by 43% this month. So what do you thinking? Who will come at top?
Seraphim2064
Seraphim2064

Back to top Go down

Yugioh vs Vanguard will yugioh fall??? Empty Re: Yugioh vs Vanguard will yugioh fall???

Post  HarleyThomas 2012-01-16, 18:40

Yu-Gi-Oh is almost ten years old, it's beat out damn near everything else that's not Pokemon or Magic. But with all the crap going on I could see its popularity dwindling, but as for completely disappearing? Not anytime soon.
HarleyThomas
HarleyThomas

Birthday : 1993-02-07

Back to top Go down

Yugioh vs Vanguard will yugioh fall??? Empty Re: Yugioh vs Vanguard will yugioh fall???

Post  Miror B. 2012-01-16, 18:42

Don't compare 2 TCGs together. It always ends up in a flame war with nobody being right except the people who stayed out of it.
Miror B.
Miror B.

Back to top Go down

Post  Badass_Bunny 2012-01-17, 02:51

HarleyThomas wrote:Yu-Gi-Oh is almost ten years old, it's beat out damn near everything else that's not Pokemon or Magic. But with all the crap going on I could see its popularity dwindling, but as for completely disappearing? Not anytime soon.

YGO Beat both MTG and Pokemon it's the most selling TCG in the world
Badass_Bunny
Badass_Bunny
Smexy Duelist
Smexy Duelist

Birthday : 1996-04-17

Back to top Go down

Post  DarkRiku 2012-01-17, 03:54

Yugioh isn't going anywhere for a long time.

Not starting a debate over it but just because another game does well doesn't mean it is doom for another.
DarkRiku
DarkRiku
Keyblade Wielder
Keyblade Wielder

Birthday : 1984-12-06

Back to top Go down

Post  Badass_Bunny 2012-01-17, 15:13

I'd say the spike Vanguard gets is mostly because people feel like trying something new, eventually they will go back to YGO.
Badass_Bunny
Badass_Bunny
Smexy Duelist
Smexy Duelist

Birthday : 1996-04-17

Back to top Go down

Post  R4GEKILL 2012-01-18, 07:11

Vanguard is a subpar game. It's only balanced because it just started. All TCGs get gradually more broken. It's the circle of life.
R4GEKILL
R4GEKILL

Back to top Go down

Post  Gmoose 2012-01-22, 18:18

R4GEKILL wrote:Vanguard is a subpar game. It's only balanced because it just started. All TCGs get gradually more broken. It's the circle of life.

True, but that's when all sorts of shenanigans start happening, and those are always worth watching! lol!
Gmoose
Gmoose

Back to top Go down

Post  Adept VantageSP 2012-01-22, 18:19

Vanguard sucks. Period. Boring.
Adept VantageSP
Adept VantageSP
Adept Swordsmaster
 Adept Swordsmaster

Birthday : 1992-05-08

http://yugiohgxforums.b1.jcink.com/index.php?

Back to top Go down

Post  The Predator32 2012-01-22, 18:27

pokemon and magic are still around despite Yugioh's dominance of the TCG field for quite some time now. No reason Vanguard can't become a 4th. I will say however that ever TCG is balanced in the beginning. Remember day one yugioh? Ahhhhh. I remember it liek it was yesterday. Memories. As time goes on eventually Vanguard will lose it's balance just like every cardgame before it. Unbalancing then rebalancing a game just to unbalance it again is what drives sales. One day Yugioh will "fall" and no longer be "King of games". However I don't see this happening soon at all. Nor do I see it totally disappearing. I mean Dungeons and Dragons is still played, and that game hasn't been relevant since the 80's.
The Predator32
The Predator32

Birthday : 1988-04-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Prince Vegeta 2012-01-22, 18:32

yugioh won't loose it's the best selling PERIOD

sure vangard got some sales because people wanna try it but then they eventually go back to the king

yugioh
Prince Vegeta
Prince Vegeta

Birthday : 1995-02-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Exiled 2012-01-22, 18:49

Where are you getting your numbers from? Vanguard is all hype, I played it 2 months straight as much as I could, then I realized the game is too linear. Way to based on luck, almost no skill whatsoever was involved. It will fail misserably in North America and wheerever else TCG is, due to the fact it is boring and slow. People in NA like short action packed games with lots of variety, vanguard is the same thing over and over, and whoever hits the most C triggers usually wins.
Exiled
Exiled

Back to top Go down

Post  draco595 2012-02-04, 00:59

It will be some years before yugioh falls and the only way Vanguard will have a chance is if they add in some generic cards in and make the game and not so linnear alltogether. So while I do hope Vangaurd wont die out(mostly because I do enjoy it)I also hope yugioh will still be around for years to come.
draco595
draco595

Back to top Go down

Post  3E-hero neos 2012-02-04, 12:20

Vanguard is a very fun game(only saw several episodes of the series but looks fun to play). YGO is older and more popular and the game has been evolving for a long time, there's a lot more play strategies so at this point YGO will beat it.

Vanguard will probably become very popular as well, but remember, one of the people who worked for Konami's YGO now works for those series.
3E-hero neos
3E-hero neos

Birthday : 1995-06-08

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Wright 2012-02-04, 13:07

Vanguard is fun, but yugioh is better

if anything, it will just be another competitor, like Magic and Pokemon TCG
Phoenix Wright
Phoenix Wright

Birthday : 1993-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum