Dueling Network Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Duel Cancels itself if you Lose Connection

+6
Wolfgang DelaSangre
DarkRiku
Exiled
Metta World Peace
Vonbolt
Graser20
10 posters

Go down

The Duel Cancels itself if you Lose Connection Empty The Duel Cancels itself if you Lose Connection

Post  Graser20 2012-01-23, 19:05

For those of us who were about to win a duel and then suddenly we get the message LOST CONNECTION! TRYING TO RECONNECT in the middle of a match. For me personally if you are about to win with all 8000 of your life points and like 2200 hundred for your enemy and then suddenly you lose connection it really pisses me off and it makes you like you just rage quit after a admin was called for instance. Now my enemy gets the Victory and i get the lose. If one of us gets disconnected due to shitty internet or lagging really bad then it shouldnt affect neither of are ratings. Your enemy will get the Message your enemy Lost Connection Points arent affected

Graser20

Back to top Go down

The Duel Cancels itself if you Lose Connection Empty Re: The Duel Cancels itself if you Lose Connection

Post  Vonbolt 2012-01-23, 19:08

Thats not a good idea, because if u disconnect ur modem, will be an automatic cancel duel, instead it will be a new way to skip loosing points.
Vonbolt
Vonbolt

Birthday : 1990-03-26

Back to top Go down

The Duel Cancels itself if you Lose Connection Empty Re: The Duel Cancels itself if you Lose Connection

Post  Metta World Peace 2012-01-23, 19:49

Well.. if you have shitty internet, that's on you. Get better internet. This will never happen cause idiots will simply intentionally disconnect to avoid a loss.
Metta World Peace
Metta World Peace

Birthday : 1995-05-15

Back to top Go down

Post  Exiled 2012-01-23, 20:13

Pretty much what the above two said, man I think people are getting more stupid every day.... people who post suggestion never seem to be able to use common sense..
Exiled
Exiled

Back to top Go down

Post  DarkRiku 2012-01-24, 01:33

DN is not responsible for your Internet Connection.

Vonbolt is correct on what he said. It would be abused to skip losing points. Be surprised how many people would do it.
DarkRiku
DarkRiku
Keyblade Wielder
Keyblade Wielder

Birthday : 1984-12-06

Back to top Go down

Post  Wolfgang DelaSangre 2012-02-01, 14:57

If I may offer a suggestion?

A popular YGO game over on BYOND has a feature whereby if you disconnect, your character stays in the game and the duel is still on for five minutes. If you reconnect within that time, then you can continue the duel as if nothing happened.

Perhaps the same thing can be done here? The game notifies your opponent that you've disconnected and gives you three minutes (as opposed to five, because not everyone who gets on here to duel actually has time for it (which is silly)) to reconnect. If you make it, the duel continues normally.

Quitting a duel but staying connected to the server still counts as a loss for you, of course.

Wolfgang DelaSangre

Back to top Go down

Post  The DetonatorCOPY 2012-02-01, 17:02

It is not up to us to force the opponent to wait for 5 whole minutes to get a win. That is very unfair. People will use this to stall their opponent out as a troll technique I have seen it happen many times. it will also be yet another rage quitting technique which people are already fed up with enough. The way it is right now is fine. If you disconnect then that is just plain too bad.
The DetonatorCOPY
The DetonatorCOPY

Birthday : 1991-02-10

Back to top Go down

Post  Wolfgang DelaSangre 2012-02-01, 17:11

That's why I suggested that it be reduced to 3 minutes. Even 2 minutes would be fine.

As it stands, however, a D/C that is not intentional is completely unfair. Not too long ago, DN was having problems and almost nobody could stay connected. I was disconnected against someone that I was about to beat and couldn't reconnect until the next day. This was NOT my internet's fault. My internet is fine. It's not always on the duelist, you know.

Wolfgang DelaSangre

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Wright 2012-02-01, 17:18

Yeah, but DN almost never has connection problems or goes down

so it tends to be your problem
Phoenix Wright
Phoenix Wright

Birthday : 1993-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post  Wolfgang DelaSangre 2012-02-01, 17:20

And for those of us with decent internet, it's still unfair when a D/C happens.

Wolfgang DelaSangre

Back to top Go down

Post  Miror B. 2012-02-01, 17:24

Wolfgang DelaSangre wrote:And for those of us with decent internet, it's still unfair when a D/C happens.
Life sucks sometimes.

Byond can get away with the temp dc because they don't keep track of anything there.

We keep track of everything.

I also do not understand how the system would differentiate between a D/C and somebody pressing the red X at the top right of the window.
Miror B.
Miror B.

Back to top Go down

Post  Wolfgang DelaSangre 2012-02-01, 17:26

Simple. After two minutes, the guy doesn't reconnect, it treats it like a rage-quit. There HAS to be a time limit, obviously. It's a compromise. Not everyone can get back online in time, but some can.

Besides, if you can't wait two minutes, you obviously don't have time to be on the internet playing a child's card game. I tell the same thing to anyone I duel who demands that I "hurry up". If you don't have time for my best, you don't have time to duel.

For the record, I don't play slowly. I just take the time to check with my opponent in case they have a response.

Wolfgang DelaSangre

Back to top Go down

Post  Adept VantageSP 2012-02-01, 17:29

About to lose, "Oops I accidently just hit my wifi swicth on my laptop! Oh well"

So much abuse would pursue.
Adept VantageSP
Adept VantageSP
Adept Swordsmaster
 Adept Swordsmaster

Birthday : 1992-05-08

http://yugiohgxforums.b1.jcink.com/index.php?

Back to top Go down

Post  Wolfgang DelaSangre 2012-02-01, 17:36

Like there isn't abuse already? Again, if you can't wait two minutes to be awarded your points from your opponent leaving the duel, then you don't have time to even be on DN.

Plus, there's the chance that it will encourage people to stay in the duel to the very end. They'd do that anyway if you made it more apparent that EXP goes up if you admit defeat. People tend to be stupid, so you need extra-big signs. Maybe add a Tutorial that can be accessed from the Intro Page and the main menu?

Wolfgang DelaSangre

Back to top Go down

Post  The DetonatorCOPY 2012-02-01, 18:12

That is not a good idea I'm sorry. It causes more harm than good. It will not be implemented.
The DetonatorCOPY
The DetonatorCOPY

Back to top Go down

Post  Wolfgang DelaSangre 2012-02-01, 18:22

By "more harm than good", you mean... what? Exactly?

Wolfgang DelaSangre

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Wright 2012-02-01, 18:24

It would make it easy to troll/get out of losses for free, and it wouldn't be incredibly beneficial
Phoenix Wright
Phoenix Wright

Birthday : 1993-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post  Wolfgang DelaSangre 2012-02-01, 18:29

At what point did I say that it would be a "Get out of losing free card"? After the two-minute mark, it would still award the winner points and subtract points from your own, just like it does now. It's just that with this feature implemented, you would have two minutes to prevent that from happening.

I fail to see how this is a bad thing for anyone with an ounce of patience.

Wolfgang DelaSangre

Back to top Go down

Post  The DetonatorCOPY 2012-02-01, 18:40

@Wolfgang DelaSangre
Please do not continue to harp on about something that has been rejected.

Any further posts on your suggestion will be deleted
The DetonatorCOPY
The DetonatorCOPY

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down