Dueling Network Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Connection problem

+7
CheyMcFly
ali_L
ScrotieMcBoogerBalls
fabrizio99
Miley Syrus +
Monox D. I-Fly
Clark86
11 posters

Go down

Connection problem Empty Connection problem

Post  Clark86 2012-01-25, 05:13

Hello everybody, i'm new user in this forum. I have a problem!
From home i can play and connect whitout problem. From my university i can't connecting. After login the page show Connecting... and stop.
I have ask to support in my universrity. And they have say there aren't problem with connection or filter. My question is: Is ip of my university blocked?

IP: *************
netmask **************

Can you verified if this ip and/or netmask is blocked by you?? I can't play from here =(((((((((((

IP and Netmask Hidden - Zero2Hero
Clark86
Clark86

Back to top Go down

Connection problem Empty Re: Connection problem

Post  Monox D. I-Fly 2012-01-25, 07:19

I have the same issue at my university. In several internet cafes near my home, the page won't even load and ends up in "501 Methods not Implemented" instead. :-/

Monox D. I-Fly

Birthday : 1990-06-24

http://monoxdifly.iopc.us

Back to top Go down

Post  Clark86 2012-01-30, 09:35

News?
Clark86
Clark86

Back to top Go down

Post  Miley Syrus + 2012-01-30, 12:40

Plug headphones into the computer.
Miley Syrus +
Miley Syrus +

Birthday : 1991-01-11

Back to top Go down

Post  fabrizio99 2012-01-30, 13:24

I know why.. the school could have blocked the site... same thing to me happened
fabrizio99
fabrizio99

Birthday : 1996-12-05

Back to top Go down

Post  Clark86 2012-01-30, 19:03

fabrizio99 wrote:I know why.. the school could have blocked the site... same thing to me happened
No, school didn't block the site! Before posting here i have ask and do some test.
Clark86
Clark86

Back to top Go down

Post  ScrotieMcBoogerBalls 2012-01-30, 23:48

Your School does not support the Dueling Network, now or ever.

My College does this too, they do it to multiple networks such as these, Steam, DN, Windows Messenger, anything to do with an Internet connection that streams information between two entities like DN between servers, players and constituents.

If your school didn't do it before and its doing it now, then its most likely they removed these allowances.

ScrotieMcBoogerBalls

Back to top Go down

Post  Clark86 2012-01-31, 03:03

ScrotieMcBoogerBalls wrote:Your School does not support the Dueling Network, now or ever.

My College does this too, they do it to multiple networks such as these, Steam, DN, Windows Messenger, anything to do with an Internet connection that streams information between two entities like DN between servers, players and constituents.

If your school didn't do it before and its doing it now, then its most likely they removed these allowances.
My school support ftp, file sharing, skype msn ecc... DN is the only site with problem..
Clark86
Clark86

Back to top Go down

Post  fabrizio99 2012-01-31, 04:00

My school doesnt support dn and other famous sites such as facebook and game thing i think the school DID block you like how mine did Sad
fabrizio99
fabrizio99

Back to top Go down

Post  ScrotieMcBoogerBalls 2012-01-31, 23:44

Clark86 wrote:
ScrotieMcBoogerBalls wrote:Your School does not support the Dueling Network, now or ever.

My school support ftp, file sharing, skype msn ecc... DN is the only site with problem..

DN is like Steam, they just don't work on your schools network, they do this on purpose, Torrents don't work either on a schools network because the school can be blamed for illicit things happening and theres no way to track it because the majority of people use laptops

ScrotieMcBoogerBalls

Back to top Go down

Post  Clark86 2012-02-01, 04:51

ScrotieMcBoogerBalls wrote:
Clark86 wrote:

DN is like Steam, they just don't work on your schools network, they do this on purpose, Torrents don't work either on a schools network because the school can be blamed for illicit things happening and theres no way to track it because the majority of people use laptops
I have ask at network support. The site isn't blocked! -.- The problem is probably with a filter on server of DN!!!!!
P.S. In my university i play COD online and also use steam for other games!!!!!!
Clark86
Clark86

Back to top Go down

Post  fabrizio99 2012-02-01, 05:16

Clark86 wrote:
Clark86 wrote:

I have ask at network support. The site isn't blocked! -.- The problem is probably with a filter on server of DN!!!!!
P.S. In my university i play COD online and also use steam for other games!!!!!!

In my school they blocke cod is well but anyways i also already done a topic about this that its unable to contact the service now.. and The Detonator told me that is because the school blocked it.
fabrizio99
fabrizio99

Back to top Go down

Post  ScrotieMcBoogerBalls 2012-02-01, 20:53

Clark86 wrote:
Clark86 wrote:

I don't think you understand

THEY AREN'T BLOCKING IT, they may or may not intentionally prevent it from connecting, they don't add it to any block list they simply prevent communication through the server, its not a block list at all

ScrotieMcBoogerBalls

Back to top Go down

Post  Clark86 2012-02-02, 04:51

THEY AREN'T BLOCKING IT, they may or may not intentionally prevent it from connecting, they don't add it to any block list they simply prevent communication through the server, its not a block list at all
Are you sure? But the packets was start correctly and arrive to server of DN :-/

How Can i contact the admin of DN?

No Double Posting until after 24 hours has passed - Zero2Hero
Clark86
Clark86

Back to top Go down

Post  ali_L 2012-02-02, 19:06

hey i have exactly the same same problem my latop works at home but dn doesnt work at my university Sad i wanna talk wwith the admin user too

ali_L

Back to top Go down

Post  CheyMcFly 2012-02-02, 19:23

This happens at my school too. They do not "block" the site. You can get on it, it just cannot connect to the server. They stop you from connecting to the server. Play at home and you're all good.
CheyMcFly
CheyMcFly

Birthday : 1993-09-02

http://cheymcfly.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Zero2Hero 2012-02-02, 19:28

Why would you post your IP Address in a public thread? That shows your exact location...

And you can't contact no one, if it's block, it's blocked. Use the computers to study with your new found free time. Razz
Zero2Hero
Zero2Hero
Hidden Genius
Hidden Genius

Birthday : 1994-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Wright 2012-02-02, 20:33

Try a proxy server
Phoenix Wright
Phoenix Wright

Birthday : 1993-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post  fabrizio99 2012-02-03, 05:22

Yes i mean they didnt block but i already make a topic about it and The Detonator (a Co-Head-Admin) and told me that the school blocked it because were not allowed to play at school
fabrizio99
fabrizio99

Back to top Go down

Post  megaman97897 2012-02-07, 15:48

i can't even get the damn site to load 100%. And this is because i am running ultrasurf, when i crash it works just fine however my usual method of crashing it doesn't want to work and on top of that my school has the dn blocked.
megaman97897
megaman97897

Back to top Go down

Post  KillerGecko 2012-02-08, 05:02

I too had this problem. I physically took my CPU to the computer help desk and an IT took a look. He was stun to find a site wasn't working. After doing some investigating he said DN's server protocals weren't working with the University newtork. It isn't the universities fault. The university doesn't block any sites, it doesn't stop streaming, it allows everything. I can play on xbox live, steam works, Nexon games work, netflix works, everything. DN is the only problem, and they should fix it.
KillerGecko
KillerGecko

Back to top Go down

Post  Clark86 2012-02-08, 05:11

KillerGecko wrote:I too had this problem. I physically took my CPU to the computer help desk and an IT took a look. He was stun to find a site wasn't working. After doing some investigating he said DN's server protocals weren't working with the University newtork. It isn't the universities fault. The university doesn't block any sites, it doesn't stop streaming, it allows everything. I can play on xbox live, steam works, Nexon games work, netflix works, everything. DN is the only problem, and they should fix it.
!!! Yes! There is the same problem here! But they say the problem is here! -.-
Clark86
Clark86

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down