Dueling Network Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Onawa/Hoshikami- Recurring Nightmare Duelist

Go down

Onawa/Hoshikami- Recurring Nightmare Duelist Empty Onawa/Hoshikami- Recurring Nightmare Duelist

Post  Hoshikami 2012-01-27, 00:50

Where do I begin~?

Like many people, I played Yugioh as a child and now in college is picking it up again, surprised to see how much has changed. For the better. As much as old-schoolers seem to greatly dislike the synchro/xyz monsters, I've grown to like them. It adds another layer of complexity that helps scare away the dimmer duelists.
I've picked it back up very quickly and now get invites to tournaments from guys at my college~ It makes me feel adequate as a duelist. xP

Anyway, onto the beef of things... My cards. Why did I title myself Recurring Nightmare Duelist? Well, my favorite card is a shamefully misused one. Yubel. I never watched the anime and only learned later that Yubel had such a crazy role in the anime (And is apparently a full female), I actually found him/her just looking through cards while making decks in DN. She/He grew on me. I began to LOVE how Yubel played... My deck slowly began to revolve around her/him. It was so unorthodox, but something so poetic about it. Self-Destruction leads to greater heights, and in the end, the opponent has only them self to blame for their own defeat. If ever there was a deck that made someone humble, it was mine.

Now, I consider my Yubel deck my favorite and pretty much complete, save for putting a few things in the side deck should I need them. I say Nightmare because that's what Yubel is. My friends hate playing me without using certain decks against me, since Yubel tends to be quite a hump to get over. Recurring because I summon the living hell out of him/her. My whole deck revolves pretty exclusively on making Yubel cycle through his phases over and over again, usually after my opponent thinks the nightmare is over. As far as wins go, I always win against Yubel virgins who aren't familiar with his/her capabilities. For everyone else, some decks do better than others, such as dragons with Prime Material Dragon really put Yubel to shame, but I have something for everything and rarely go down without a fight.
My mastery of Yubel has pretty much designated me as the Yubel Deck duelist at my college, but I am also fond of zombies and, recently, have taken a liking to Nordics~ But truthfully, I will always favor my Yubel<3 The deck will change over time, but the principal is the same...

I didn't really do anything. You have only yourself to blame<3

Currently a member of Team Arcus, the team's X-Factor.
Hoshikami
Hoshikami

Back to top Go down