Dueling Network Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

User Search for Online Users

5 posters

Go down

User Search for Online Users Empty User Search for Online Users

Post  doublezer0aym 2012-01-29, 01:39

There should be a search option (similar to the User Filter for duel rooms) for the the online users. Sometimes, I need to message someone who is not currently my friend. When I go to the list, the only thing (that I notice) that I could do is hit the first character of the username to skip over to those users and then manually scroll through the users. But most of the time, the list moves around so fast that I can't click the username even if I find it. i'm sure I'm not the only one who has had this problem. A search/filter feature similar to the one for duel rooms would fix all this.

doublezer0aym

Birthday : 1991-12-31

Back to top Go down

User Search for Online Users Empty Re: User Search for Online Users

Post  RareHunter 2012-01-29, 01:51

- go to Profile Viewer
- type what his/her ID
- push ENTER
- click Private Message
RareHunter
RareHunter

Birthday : 1992-08-16

Back to top Go down

Post  doublezer0aym 2012-01-29, 02:28

RareHunter wrote:- go to Profile Viewer
- type what his/her ID
- push ENTER
- click Private Message

Yes, that would be the best way to currently do it (as long as I were not watching a duel). However, a lot of times, people need to message a person they are currently watching dueling. Yea, the person could exit the duel, go to profile viewer, message them, and reenter the duel. It's just more of a hassle and much slower, and sometimes, I need to message them ASAP because a player is breaking a rule without the other noticing (i.e. special summoning after using Pot of Duality) and I just want to help make the duel fair.

The filter option for the duel room works really well; I just think it'd be great if we can take this same feature we already have and implement it somewhere else (the Online Users list).

I can't imagine this task being a very difficult one since we already have something similar for duel rooms. However, if it really is, then by all means it does not need to be a top priority. It's just something that'll make things a lot quicker and convenient, just like the filter for duel rooms. We don't need a filter for the duel rooms, but it sure makes finding users who meet the criteria you want to duel much much easier. Putting this on the Online Users list will do the same thing.

doublezer0aym

Back to top Go down

Post  WrightJustice 2012-01-29, 18:51

Also, if you saw a name but didn't fully catch it or you kind of know a name for some other reason but don't fully remember it, the profile viewer isn't going to do jack all if you can't type in their full name but if there was this filter for the list of online people then you can type the bits you know and have it show up.

WrightJustice

Birthday : 1991-08-21

Back to top Go down

Post  doublezer0aym 2012-01-29, 21:04

Exactly. Plus, there are people with with those usernames with a bunch of spaces in them like "!___________XXXXXX". In those cases, it's hard to tell how many spaces there are in their username, so the profile viewer would be out of the question in those cases.

doublezer0aym

Back to top Go down

Post  nero77 2012-01-29, 23:11

That shouldn't be a username...
nero77
nero77

Birthday : 1994-09-07

Back to top Go down

Post  doublezer0aym 2012-01-30, 09:35

nero77 wrote:That shouldn't be a username...

It shouldn't, but there are many usernames in that format. They do it to be the first ones seen when you open the online users window or when you browse the current duels taking place.

doublezer0aym

Back to top Go down

Post  Thoughtspire 2012-01-31, 18:47

WrightJustice wrote:Also, if you saw a name but didn't fully catch it or you kind of know a name for some other reason but don't fully remember it, the profile viewer isn't going to do jack all if you can't type in their full name but if there was this filter for the list of online people then you can type the bits you know and have it show up.
Yeah, that's mostly the problem that I have whenever I want to message someone I recently dueled but can't remember his exact username. For me, it's when numbers are involved; I remember the word in front of it but I can't remember the numbers after it. A search function would fit nicely, just type in what you can remember and easily find who you're looking for rather than spend 5 minutes searching through the Online Users list.
Thoughtspire
Thoughtspire

Back to top Go down

Post  nero77 2012-01-31, 23:15

It's hard to search someone with a username with an exclamation point...
nero77
nero77

Birthday : 1994-09-07

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down