Dueling Network Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dragon deck help

3 posters

Go down

Dragon deck help  Empty Dragon deck help

Post  ! Alestorm ! 2012-02-17, 13:39

I do not have a decklist yet, but I just ordered the new dragon structure deck, it has some good cards and will help make a budget dragon deck. However I never made a dragon deck before and was wondering what people normally run..i know everyone has a different opinion on the deck negative and positive. Anyhow this will be a budget deck for a little bit and was wondering if anyone can give advice on what to add..and what r some good cards for a dragon deck.

So far besides the structure deck..I do have some draw cards like that dragon one where u discard a dragon with 1000 attack or less..and i do have some dragunity turners and someother dragon cards like lord of d and galaxy and tyrant..i dont have wyverns and might not be able to get them for awhile.. I mainly just got back into the game and this will be my second real life deck.. and yes i do atleast have stardust dragon Very Happy and black rose Smile

well thank you alot for anyone who lists some suggestions.. Smile maybe this can help other players looking to make the same deck? ^^
! Alestorm !
! Alestorm !

Back to top Go down

Dragon deck help  Empty Re: Dragon deck help

Post  SSJ-Luffy 2012-02-17, 14:07

1. Run REDMD
2. Run LPD (Lightpulsar Dragon)
3. Run Future Fusion
4. Run FGD (Five-God Dragon/Five-Headed Dragon)
5. Run Foolish Burial
6. Run some synchros
7. Run Divine Dragon Apocralyph/Apocalypse
8. Red-Eyes Wyvern is somewhat slow
SSJ-Luffy
SSJ-Luffy

Birthday : 1990-12-06

Back to top Go down

Post  ! Alestorm ! 2012-02-17, 14:37

I need to get a future fusion and 5 headed..lucky they arent to much..what about targets for redmd like galaxy dragon and prime....i am afraid of putting to many tributes in the deck >.> lol and i think i might have one or 2 divines :
! Alestorm !
! Alestorm !

Back to top Go down

Post  SSJ-Luffy 2012-02-17, 15:06

I usually run 2 REDMDs, cause I really have some big dragons and BLS in my decks.

My Chaos Dragon big dragons:
LPD
Darkflare Dragon
DAD
Side: LADD, GEPD, Prime Material Dragon

My Disaster Dragon:
LPD
Darkflare Dragon
GEPD
Side: Prime Material Dragon, Koa'Ki Meiru Dragon

I usually only use 5 Big Dragons in my deck, more isn't that consistent for me and there are still Dragon Synchros.
Divine Dragon Apocalypse/Apocralyph is really good, some combo potential with it.
Example: Future Fusion, dump 5 Dragons with 1 REDMD at least, summon Divine Dragon Apocalypse, discard a card (mostly a Dragon) to get REDMD to hand, summon REDMD.

Delta Flyer would be a good addition, cause Synchro Dragons are useful, combined with REDMD.
Synchro Dragons: Scrap Dragon, BRD, Stardust Dragon
I using Light End Dragon and Dark End Dragon for luls, too...
SSJ-Luffy
SSJ-Luffy

Back to top Go down

Post  ! Alestorm ! 2012-02-17, 15:32

u mean 5 big dragons in addition to pulsar and redmd ?
i wonder if any of the lightsworns could be used..

delta seems good too..i got to work on getting more dragon synchros..im wondering if masked dragon would be good too..and possily totem dragons too..
! Alestorm !
! Alestorm !

Back to top Go down

Post  SSJ-Luffy 2012-02-17, 15:33

nope, REDMD and LPD are in this 5 big dragon list.
SSJ-Luffy
SSJ-Luffy

Back to top Go down

Post  ! Alestorm ! 2012-02-17, 15:48

so run either redmd or pulsar? or 2 redmd 2 pulsars and one prime or something..

btw does the lord of d thing work still?
! Alestorm !
! Alestorm !

Back to top Go down

Post  Yoh_komori 2012-02-17, 16:30

Here, this will get you started

6-7 ish
2-3 REDMD(I say 3 but test and see)
1-2 LPD(I like 1 but 2 could work, again test and see)
2 Tech dragon tributes (this is your light and darkness dragons, your primes/darkflares, your dark armed dragon ect... slots. IMO unless your running the blue-eyes engine you onlyu need 2 slots for tech tributes. for now let's assume prime and a darkflare as they are in the dragon deck)

9-11 ish
2-3 Red-eyes Wyvern(I am a firm believer in using 3 of this. Reason being is it provides grave recovery if your push get's halted and CAN set up a turn 1 REDMD summon with cards like dragon ravine and Darkflare dragon. but test and see how many work for you.)
2 Divine dragon aopclyph/apoclypse ( This card is THE SHET! A dragon deck without this guy is not worth it's salt anymore.)
0-1 delta flyer (Personally I like having this option. synching while not a big thing in disaster is very worthwhile at times. I recommend keeping 1 Delta around.)

Tech non-tribute dragons ( This is your Masked, exploder, and dread dragons as well as things like your interplanetarypurplythorny dragons/ Dragon ices. What ever you need to make the big line run well. I recommend 1-2 axe dragonute/ Blizzard dragon as well as 1-2 eclipse wyvern and maybe a stardust xaiolong/exploder dragon with a lone masked dragon. Anything liek that will give you sufficient light fodder for your chaos monsters, in addition to keeping your deck synergetic and able to toolbox.)

makes for 18-21 monsters.

Spells would be

1 future fusion ( milling something like REDMD, REW, LPD, and some tech needed in the situation. this mill can change based on what is in hand, on field, and already in grave. Analyze the situation first before deciding what mills are best. If this is semi'd on the list add another!)
2 MST(mystical space typhoon, can help vs large backrow. Depending on your tech dragons, you may or may not need this.)
1-2 Tech Quickplays ( this is your book of moon/ enemy controller/ forbidden lance/ burial from a different dimension. Depends on your deck, tech and meta as to what these 2 are. I personally go burial and book for a generic choice.)
0-2 field spells(optional, adds some consistency to chaos as well as EMMENSLY Bolsters the blue-eyes engine. Depending on tech, you could deck none or as many as 3 of these + something like terraforming or demise of the land.)
3-4 Staple spells( Monster Reborn, Heavy Storm, Dark Hole AND potentially : Pot of Avarice/Allure of Darkness/Mind Control/One for One/ect... or none of these and some other tech card in this place. Depends on other cards in deck, other tech and meta.)
3-5 Gold Sarcophagus/Pot of duality( some go 2-3, some go 3-2 or 2-2 or 1-3 or 3-1 ect... your choice. test what works and base your decision on Tech, decked cards and deck speed.

10-15 spells

1 Solemn Judgement (It's common, stops a ton of stuff, and is always live.)
2 Call of the haunted( Revival in a deck like this is GREAT)
2 Tech Traps(Normally this is fiendish chain...but it could be Gozen match, Rivalery of the warlords, more counter traps suited to counter what's in your meta, ect...again Deck, Tech and meta are factors in deciding what these are. On a budget I would suggest compulsory evacuation device or shadow imprisioning mirror/ safe zone as good choices here.)
2 generic Traps ( torrential tribute/mirror force/Bottomless Trap Hole/Compulsory Evacuation device, ect... Deck, tech and meta decide these, as well as budget.)
0-1 Deck specifics( this si your dragon's rebirth, RftDD, Deck Devi, Burst breath, ect.... choicess.

deck should be no more than 42 and ideally 40.

Extra MUST contain
FHD/FGD
1 stardust dragon

ideally also contains any of these
Dark end dragon
ally of justice catastor
brionac, dragon of the ice barrier
trishula dragon of the ice barrier
black Rose Dragon
Scrap Dragon
Colossal fighter
XYZ's like Leviar, the sea dragon and Leviathean dragon
ect...

Hope this helps. PM me if you need more assistance/ have any questions.
Yoh_komori
Yoh_komori

Back to top Go down

Post  ! Alestorm ! 2012-02-17, 17:00

this is great....its going to take some time to make a fully operational dragon deck..as i am basicly starting from square one..with the new structure deck!! as soon as i saw it came with redmd i was like..this is the perfect time to start..its overwhelming of how many types of dragons u can put in..but I will Pm u ..and i might need the blue eyes engine..because my best draw card is.. cards of consance..and even advanced draw..and ik i need dualitys asap.. Razz but right now..its square one and very budget lol ..but it will get better..since i just started in real life and this will be my second deck..
! Alestorm !
! Alestorm !

Back to top Go down

Post  Yoh_komori 2012-02-17, 17:02

Just PM me and I'll help any way I can. I've been playing since the beginning, and been playing dragons almost as long lol.
Yoh_komori
Yoh_komori

Back to top Go down

Post  ! Alestorm ! 2012-02-17, 17:05

i just pmed u .. the best part about building a deck from square one..is...well seeing it improve over time..and i feel dragons r budget but competative when finished Smile
! Alestorm !
! Alestorm !

Back to top Go down

Post  Yoh_komori 2012-02-17, 17:17

They are indeed, only really expensive cards in dragons are Scrap dragon and blizzard dragon(everything else is like 15 or less depending on rarity).

sure some tech is higher(Fiendish chain/veiler/Maxx C) but you don't NEED those provided you know how to play right.
Yoh_komori
Yoh_komori

Back to top Go down

Post  ! Alestorm ! 2012-02-17, 17:49

yeah..i mean my main deck is a quickdraw deck and i dont use any of those cards.. i learned to play a synchro deck without using scrap..brio..trish..and a maindeck with no fiendish..aslong as the deck is consistent it will be fine. Smile
! Alestorm !
! Alestorm !

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down