Dueling Network Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Guide: How to avoid pointless arguments with opponents?

+11
Yami-Malik
SpaceJam
Zero2Hero
ZaganJustice
Sa Rart
Android Force
Roxzen
KaousFaustXIII
Goddess nX
ahong ndut
Key
15 posters

Go down

Guide: How to avoid pointless arguments with opponents? Empty Guide: How to avoid pointless arguments with opponents?

Post  Key 2011-06-22, 02:39

Before I actually start to talk about the issues, here is something everyone should know

Before the winner of Rock, Paper, Scissors is declared (Which means before you pick anything), if either player quits, no ratings are deducted, and the reputations remains untouched as well, no one gains the victory, no one loses.
It's helpful if you picked the wrong deck or if a glitch happened (Such as if you're stuck and you can't press Rock, Paper, or Scissors)

Anyway, this is just based on what I've seen when I get called into the room sometimes: people disagreeing; and it's really hard to distinguish who is right or wrong. If an admin gets called in, either players has a chance of being the victim regardless who called the admin.

Here are some ways to avoid arguments
-Ask for response for every action you do!
You might think I'm crazy to tell you all to do this, but I've been doing it myself. It's a good way to avoid fights if anything goes wrong.

-Reveal your cards!
If you have a card that activates in hand, such as Genex Ally Birdman, reveal it and pay the cost (Also don't forget to ask for response) before summoning it to the field. By just returning a monster without notifying your opponent, you do not know if your opponent might chain something thus leading to a disagreement saying, "It's too late!" or anything similar

-Think!
This isn't a timed game or anything, take your time, I am not saying think a few hours before you make your move, I'm saying just take a few minutes to think about your moves. And be sure to inform your opponent by saying, "Hold on, I'm thinking..." or some sort. This way, it will refrain from regretting an action thus wanting to take it back and cause a conflict.

-Language and attitude
Be nice to your opponent, regardless what happens.
*Rulings: Use a nice and calm attitude to elaborate or give evidences, don't insult and say something like, "It activates in the grave, noob!" because that is redundant and unnecessary.

*Gameplay issue: Prevent calling each other names and try not to use the word "Cheat". Stay calm and try to come up with a solution, calling an admin should be a last resort thing.

*Being rude: Even if you have yet done anything wrong, if you're being rude to opponent, you will get admin's attention (In a bad way of course)

-Duel note
Please! Read the duel note before you enter a game, just please, I'm begging you!! If it says TCG only, then follow what it says. And for hosts, if any doubt, at Rock, Paper, Scissors, inform your opponent about the duel note. Say something such as, "This is TCG only, good luck", then screenshot it. If you found out your opponent is not following what you wanted it, call an admin and give a screenshot.

-Misclick
Accidents do happen, regardless how careful you are, something will happen. So if you accidentally did something wrong, inform your opponent ASAP and try to fix it.

Example:
If you accidentally placed a card on the top of the deck, inform your opponent and draw it, don't go searching through your deck because your opponent will definitely think you're searching out a card you needed/wanted.

-Screenshot
A lot of people have been asking how this is done
1. Press Prnt Scrn (Or Prt Scr; You get my point)
2. Paste it onto paint
3. Upload it onto Photobucket, if not imageshack does not require an account (Or anything similar)
4. Send the admin a screenshot

I'm not saying these will cover every issues out there, but it's a start in participating with less rivalry, I will edit some more solutions if I come across them

@ Other admins, if you have anything you would like to add because you have faced the issues before, please do speak up!

Last edited by Key on 2011-10-13, 05:30; edited 7 times in total
Key
Key
←↓Ruling Scrubbie↑→
←↓Ruling Scrubbie↑→

Birthday : 1994-11-29

Back to top Go down

Guide: How to avoid pointless arguments with opponents? Empty Re: Guide: How to avoid pointless arguments with opponents?

Post  ahong ndut 2011-06-22, 03:30

Hey,,that was nice advice.. some people
on DN really to know about this one b4
play coz I had a bad experince on "reveal"
it happen long time ago when I first use

when I just gonna play "chaos sorcerer"
he ask me "why u add that card??" n I
answer "No,,I only reveal it *to looking
4 u that I use it summoning condition"
then he attack me "why don't u just RFG
light n dark monster on grave n SP it??"

I answer "No,it will be confuse to u if
I directly get that step" then he abused
"look man,,I don't know how can u add that
stuff coz I don't see u *Viewing Deck*
status but u'r freaking noobs" then he
suddenly left duel n I get win+rep normally

but sometimes I wondering "why we don't
had a guide to play with right thing??"
I guess it's replied with topic above Smile
Great Jobs,,Mr.Key.. u'r doing good!!
ahong ndut
ahong ndut

Birthday : 1996-10-31

Back to top Go down

Guide: How to avoid pointless arguments with opponents? Empty Re: Guide: How to avoid pointless arguments with opponents?

Post  Key 2011-06-22, 04:03

Actually, Chaos Sorcerer doesn't start a chain, therefore, you don't have to reveal it.
Key
Key
←↓Ruling Scrubbie↑→
←↓Ruling Scrubbie↑→

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 2011-06-22, 04:53

Stick'd.

Back to top Go down

Post  Goddess nX 2011-06-22, 10:00

Excellent Job as usual Key. Now we can all be happy.
Goddess nX
Goddess nX
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Birthday : 1993-11-09

https://facebook.com/ladydaree

Back to top Go down

Post  KaousFaustXIII 2011-06-22, 10:07

I would like to mention another thing about hand shuffling. Whenever you activate something that involves randomly selecting one of your opponent's cards, give them time Shuffle Their Hand, if they haven't done so yet, before selecting a card. There are times when people summon trishula or thestalos and immediately selects one of your cards without giving you a chance to shuffle, which often leads to arguments when you press shuffle After they select a card.

The thing is, when a player doesn't hand shuffle, the cards they would most likely save for the best moments sits on their Left Side, although this is not 100% accurate, it still gives a higher chance of getting an important card discarded, which basically ruins the concept of "random".

anyway besides that, good guide. deserves +rep
KaousFaustXIII
KaousFaustXIII

Birthday : 1986-03-17

Back to top Go down

Post  Roxzen 2011-06-22, 10:11

Informative, and very well-thought.

Now if only at least halve of D-Netters would read this... Rolling Eyes

+rep, because beating common sense into people is good.
Roxzen
Roxzen

Birthday : 1992-04-04

Back to top Go down

Post  Key 2011-06-22, 14:41

Goddess nX wrote:Excellent Job as usual Key. Now we can all be happy.
Nu!

KaousFaustXIII wrote:I would like to mention another thing about hand shuffling. Whenever you activate something that involves randomly selecting one of your opponent's cards, give them time Shuffle Their Hand, if they haven't done so yet, before selecting a card. There are times when people summon trishula or thestalos and immediately selects one of your cards without giving you a chance to shuffle, which often leads to arguments when you press shuffle After they select a card.

The thing is, when a player doesn't hand shuffle, the cards they would most likely save for the best moments sits on their Left Side, although this is not 100% accurate, it still gives a higher chance of getting an important card discarded, which basically ruins the concept of "random".

That is one big issue, but if I ask for response, the other player should have enough time to shuffle (If he doesn't want trouble that is)

Roxzen wrote:Informative, and very well-thought.

Now if only at least halve of D-Netters would read this... Rolling Eyes

+rep, because beating common sense into people is good.

Spread the words
Key
Key
←↓Ruling Scrubbie↑→
←↓Ruling Scrubbie↑→

Back to top Go down

Post  Android Force 2011-06-22, 14:46

I personally think that arguing about rulings OVER THE INTERNET is childish. as said above, good job. i would give you a vote if i could.
Android Force
Android Force

Birthday : 1997-07-07

Back to top Go down

Post  Sa Rart 2011-06-22, 14:57

Awesome post. Too bad we need it so much...

Will be asking for responses on everything now Very Happy
Sa Rart
Sa Rart

Back to top Go down

Post  ZaganJustice 2011-06-24, 18:25

imgur.com is easier than image shack or photobucket and deosn't do anything with ads and what have you
ZaganJustice
ZaganJustice

Birthday : 1912-01-01

http://Duelingnetwork.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Zero2Hero 2011-06-24, 18:45

Cool, I've been playing like this all along. Kindness is always the way to go. king
Zero2Hero
Zero2Hero
Hidden Genius
Hidden Genius

Birthday : 1994-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post  SpaceJam 2011-07-17, 20:03

It's always easy to have a fun game. Just gotta do is get along and have fun. Arguements just causes more destruction.

Thanks for this post, helps alot!
SpaceJam
SpaceJam

Birthday : 1994-10-23

Back to top Go down

Post  Yami-Malik 2011-07-18, 00:57

SpaceJam wrote:It's always easy to have a fun game. Just gotta do is get along and have fun. Arguements just causes more destruction.

Thanks for this post, helps alot!

Sure does! Everything in here is true, as long as u treat and talk to ur opponent nicely, karma will get back to u and give u a nice game experience.
Yami-Malik
Yami-Malik

Birthday : 1995-05-30

http://forum.duelingnetwork.com/profile?mode=editprofile

Back to top Go down

Post  snow 2011-07-18, 00:59

Good guide and yeah when you do good good comes back to you so just play fair win or lose
snow
snow

Birthday : 1992-06-22

Back to top Go down

Post  Patrickogundairo 2011-08-09, 19:51

good topic... this is really helpfull for some kind of people that goes freak in a sec What a Face
Patrickogundairo
Patrickogundairo

Birthday : 1996-09-16

Back to top Go down

Post  c0d0ps 2011-10-13, 04:43

I'm gonna post this too everyone i duel and my friends so people can learn
and Key thx for posting this Very Happy

c0d0ps

Back to top Go down

Post  erm180 2011-12-21, 12:57

ahong ndut wrote:Hey,,that was nice advice.. some people
on DN really to know about this one b4
play coz I had a bad experince on "reveal"
it happen long time ago when I first use

when I just gonna play "chaos sorcerer"
he ask me "why u add that card??" n I
answer "No,,I only reveal it *to looking
4 u that I use it summoning condition"
then he attack me "why don't u just RFG
light n dark monster on grave n SP it??"

I answer "No,it will be confuse to u if
I directly get that step" then he abused
"look man,,I don't know how can u add that
stuff coz I don't see u *Viewing Deck*
status but u'r freaking noobs" then he
suddenly left duel n I get win+rep normally

but sometimes I wondering "why we don't
had a guide to play with right thing??"
I guess it's replied with topic above Smile
Great Jobs,,Mr.Key.. u'r doing good!!
you dont have to reveal it since its an inherent SS you go directly to RFG your monsters but your right he didnt have to be so rude Smile

erm180

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum