Dueling Network Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Magical Dimension

+4
raidou
BlackwingRa
PerseusStoned
kangtuji
8 posters

Go down

Magical Dimension Empty Magical Dimension

Post  kangtuji 2012-02-27, 10:04

https://imgur.com/UHkWa

Quick situation :

1. Gk recruiter was on field
2. Opp use MST targeting S/T
3. Refer to step 2, it forcing me to use set Magical Dimension, and I use magical dimension asking if opp has any response or not
4. Proceed to tributing recruiter, and SS a spellcaster on hand

Here the problem:
5. Opp using Forbidden Lance after I use Magical Dimension destroying monster effect

The question, is it possible he use Forbidden Lance at this point ? Since I specificcaly asking if has response for Magical Dimesnion, and he said he didn't Neutral

The match is already over, but this point is leading me to my loss.. I am curious is this actually legal or not
kangtuji
kangtuji

Back to top Go down

Magical Dimension Empty Re: Magical Dimension

Post  PerseusStoned 2012-02-27, 10:23

kangtuji wrote:https://imgur.com/UHkWa

Quick situation :

1. Gk recruiter was on field
2. Opp use MST targeting S/T
3. Refer to step 2, it forcing me to use set Magical Dimension, and I use magical dimension asking if opp has any response or not
4. Proceed to tributing recruiter, and SS a spellcaster on hand

Here the problem:
5. Opp using Forbidden Lance after I use Magical Dimension destroying monster effect

The question, is it possible he use Forbidden Lance at this point ? Since I specificcaly asking if has response for Magical Dimesnion, and he said he didn't Neutral

The match is already over, but this point is leading me to my loss.. I am curious is this actually legal or not

I'm pretty sure you were in the right against this netdecker. Since the tribute is a cost, you would have paid it immediately upon activation. He can use Forbidden Chalice on your new monster, upon resolution, but your GK shouldn't have even been on the field after activation.

PerseusStoned

Back to top Go down

Post  kangtuji 2012-02-27, 10:32

PerseusStoned wrote:
I'm pretty sure you were in the right against this netdecker. Since the tribute is a cost, you would have paid it immediately upon activation. He can use Forbidden Chalice on your new monster, upon resolution, but your GK shouldn't have even been on the field after activation.

I have to quote this before he edit it... so many wrong in this post

1 I didn't call this opp netdecker,
2 http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Card_Rulings:Magical_Dimension pretty sure tribute is not cost according to wiki unless I read it wrong

3. He use forbidden chalice on his OWN monster, to save the 3000 atk monster being destroyed by Magical Dimension
kangtuji
kangtuji

Back to top Go down

Post  BlackwingRa 2012-02-27, 10:35

In my opinion, your opponent didn't response to the activation of Magical Dimension, so he can't activate Forbidden Lance to save his monster because it is still the resolution of Magical Dimension.
BlackwingRa
BlackwingRa

Birthday : 1991-10-02

Back to top Go down

Post  raidou 2012-02-27, 10:39

tribute isnt cost and you choose to destroy or not at resolution if he wanted to use lance he had to do it right after magical dimension was played

did you give him enough time to respond or just released ?

seems you had only one monster he couldve stoped your spell by using lancer on you only monster (but it seems he didnt notice it)

raidou
raidou

Back to top Go down

Post  kangtuji 2012-02-27, 10:54

(This is why kinda unwant to give only little piece of information.)

Well... he has 3 s/t, previously I saw dark bribe during his Pot of Duality (but strangely the Dark Bribe wasn't on the s/t...) So yeah, I waiting quite a moment after I activate magical dimension and ask him if any response to magical dimension or not for confirmation in fear to Dark Bribe.

So I can confirmed he didn't activate forbdien lance when I activate magical dimension, he use forbidden lance after I tribute recruiter, special summon priestess (still not activating forbidden lance yet), and then I procced to target (for destoy) the 3000 atk monster.

He use lance at this point...

(Oh lol... honestly, I also didn't knew forbidden lance can stopped magical dimension by using on my monster, perhaps same goes to my opp Laughing)

kangtuji
kangtuji

Back to top Go down

Post  Szadek 2012-02-27, 13:13

He can't chain magical dimension to an resolving effect.
But he is going to close one of his monsters anyway because magical dimension does not target.
Szadek
Szadek

Back to top Go down

Post  kangtuji 2012-02-27, 18:19

My opp disagree with you,

It happen AGAIN : https://imgur.com/Rm1TJ

In order to get clear screenshot, I even asked specifically if he has response on magical dimension activation, he said "no"

but it happen again....

Do these move actually legal or not ?
kangtuji
kangtuji

Back to top Go down

Post  S.S.A. 2012-02-27, 18:39

just watched him ragequit again...kinda hypocritical if you ask me
S.S.A.
S.S.A.

Back to top Go down

Post  kangtuji 2012-02-27, 18:43

kangtuji wrote:My opp disagree with you,

In order to get clear screenshot, I even asked specifically if he has response on magical dimension activation, he said "no"

but it happen again....

Bumping my own thread for the answers,

If mod locked this thread because someone spamming the thread instead answering the actual question, then I would discuss about hypocritical
kangtuji
kangtuji

Back to top Go down

Post  PerseusStoned 2012-02-28, 14:14

kangtuji wrote:
PerseusStoned wrote:

2 http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Card_Rulings:Magical_Dimension pretty sure tribute is not cost according to wiki unless I read it wrong

3. He use forbidden chalice on his OWN monster, to save the 3000 atk monster being destroyed by Magical Dimension

1. Why would I edit it? I have never done that and its pretty rude of you to indicate I would.
2. You're right and that was my misinterpretation. This is the only part of the "so many wrong" you got correct.
3. At no point did you say your opponent had a monster on the field. Before ridiculing a person for answering "wrong" give them all the information first.

In all cases it seems like the opponent agrees the chain can resolve, then tries to tack something on there. In this situation you are correct and their move is not legal.

PerseusStoned

Back to top Go down

Post  Saturn 2012-02-28, 14:18

kangtuji wrote:
kangtuji wrote:My opp disagree with you,

but it happen again....

Bumping my own thread for the answers,

If mod locked this thread because someone spamming the thread instead answering the actual question, then I would discuss about hypocritical

Guess I'll clear some things for you

1. You were right.
2. I did that on purpose to see what you would do, I was planning on an even bigger misplay ( In truth, I wanted to Forbidden Lance if you Warning'd something ).
3. LolIStillCan'tBelieveYouDidThat

I also have skype logs that show I planned to do that in case Miror B. comes and says I'm trying to cover up for myself Razz
Saturn
Saturn

Birthday : 1996-02-07

Back to top Go down

Post  Occultdude17 2012-02-28, 19:15

CL 1: "Mystical Space Typhoon", targeting "Magical Dimension".

CL 2: "Magical Dimension", targeting the monster you wish to Tribute.

Opponent declines to Chain "Forbidden Lance".

- - -

CL 2: "Magical Dimension", Tributing targeted monster and Special Summoning 1 Spellcaster-Type monster. You may now destroy 1 monster on the field.

CL 1: "Mystical Space Typhoon", destroying "Magical Dimension".

Chain has resolved, so NOW you may activate "Forbidden Lance". As both the Tributed and destroyed monsters are no longer on the field, "Forbidden Lance" cannot target them.

Please note that the Tributed monster is not a cost in the case of "Magical Dimension", so it is Tributed upon resolution.
Occultdude17
Occultdude17

Back to top Go down

Post  kangtuji 2012-02-28, 20:35

PerseusStoned wrote:
kangtuji wrote:
PerseusStoned wrote:

1. Why would I edit it? I have never done that and its pretty rude of you to indicate I would.
2. You're right and that was my misinterpretation. This is the only part of the "so many wrong" you got correct.
3. At no point did you say your opponent had a monster on the field. Before ridiculing a person for answering "wrong" give them all the information first.

In all cases it seems like the opponent agrees the chain can resolve, then tries to tack something on there. In this situation you are correct and their move is not legal.

Oh sorry, it just calling opp that isn't actually netdecker, is quite make me hostile. You know even there are a lot netdecker on DN, but prejudice them is wrong.

About piece of information, Its nothing to do with you directly but affected of it, it actually more personal matter, the stories was that mods told me not putting the screenshot and not giving the complete situation, just cut the part only, (which I didn't quite agree, but I following the vary rules) and resulting to wrong information, and even worse some people use it to makes me looks bad (happen in most ridicilious thread, but that because I only want to show the ridicilious text which isn't needed complete screenshot) but then again... look at our situation now, this is why I should've given complete, detailed information available, yet mod diagree

I am sorry If I did anything wrong towards you, didn't really mean it Neutral
kangtuji
kangtuji

Back to top Go down

Post  S.S.A. 2012-02-28, 22:45

your idea of complete info is to much info, heres what you say, the cards on the feild, what the opp did. done
S.S.A.
S.S.A.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down