Dueling Network Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tutorial for confusing cards for DN's system

5 posters

Go down

Tutorial for confusing cards for DN's system Empty Tutorial for confusing cards for DN's system

Post  dragon3025 2011-09-10, 03:17

I know we have this tutorial: How to use: Unusable Cards in Dueling Network

But I've tested out a milling deck, and it contains one card I love to play, but dread the procedures at the same time: Morphing Jar #2. 1/2 of my Opponents don't know what to do when it's effect activates. Sometimes they jump ahead and do all kinds of wrong stuff like adding monster to their hand or drawing way too far, and then I have to explain it all.

So, what I was thinking is a tutorial for cards with effects like this, that way you just have to give them the link and it becomes easy to them. If you have a better idea than this, then please tell me, because although cards like this are a mess, I don't want to just ditch them.

Edit: Okay, I'm not really sure. It just feels like there's a better way.
dragon3025
dragon3025

Back to top Go down

Tutorial for confusing cards for DN's system Empty Re: Tutorial for confusing cards for DN's system

Post  ThePhill_ 2011-09-10, 04:16

lol morphing jar to, that always stumps my opponents when i play it
ThePhill_
ThePhill_

Birthday : 1996-05-10

Back to top Go down

Tutorial for confusing cards for DN's system Empty Re: Tutorial for confusing cards for DN's system

Post  Hyonzaryu 2011-09-20, 22:40

All flip effects (or effects that activated when the monster is flipped face-up), unless stated otherwise on the card, activate after the flip effect monster has been considered to be destroyed.
Hyonzaryu
Hyonzaryu

Back to top Go down

Post  isaac 2011-09-21, 08:49

Hyonzaryu wrote:All flip effects (or effects that activated when the monster is flipped face-up), unless stated otherwise on the card, activate after the flip effect monster has been considered to be destroyed.

What?

I'm pretty sure that's wrong, otherwise flip effects could work under skill drain if they are destroyed.

Also, flip effects activate, AND resolve before effects that activate when they destroy monsters (despite turn player having priority)

Did you mean considered to have done battle?

Though, this may be true for monsters which have effects when flipped face-up, as flip effects may have specific rulings
isaac
isaac

Back to top Go down

Post  KaousFaustXIII 2011-09-21, 09:40

that's the sad truth, 1/2 of people on DN cannot comprehend a plainly written card text... you just have to explain it to them, this is the risk of using cards that not everyone knows about.

@Hyozanryu careful with using the word "All", its easy to mislead people with it.
KaousFaustXIII
KaousFaustXIII

Birthday : 1986-03-17

Back to top Go down

Post  isaac 2011-09-21, 10:10

KaousFaustXIII wrote: this is the risk of using cards that not everyone knows about.

More like the risk of using cards with more than 2 effects.
isaac
isaac

Back to top Go down

Post  KaousFaustXIII 2011-09-21, 10:51

isaac wrote:
KaousFaustXIII wrote: this is the risk of using cards that not everyone knows about.

More like the risk of using cards with more than 2 effects.
or cards that has more than 20 words on its text Razz

anyway, i don't think there would be anymore cards besides Morphing Jar #2 that cant be explained in 1 phrase... can't blame the newbies really, Morphing Jar #2 is a VERY old card. We just have to chill and explain the effect patiently '')/
KaousFaustXIII
KaousFaustXIII

Birthday : 1986-03-17

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down