Dueling Network Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Malformed Server Error - How to fix!

+7
YGOBlack
awsmgamerxxx
Alphabecta
RaiXUchiha
Radiatasoul
game4fame95
{EX} TheVoid
11 posters

Go down

Malformed Server Error - How to fix! Empty Malformed Server Error - How to fix!

Post  {EX} TheVoid 2011-09-21, 22:52

Hey there DN this is your favorite DN In-game admin with a Rainbow Dash avatar on the forums Very Happy with a tutorial on possible ways of fixing this common issue. After emailing BLS for the last couple of days I have a few ways to possibly fix this issue. A list of possible causes of this error:

Firewall
Connectivity
Proxy
Software

The list goes on, and as I learn of these I will add solutions. Most of these are easily fixable.

Firewall
Lets start with the Firewall. I honestly am not sure what it is from DN that firewalls dont like. It is probably cache or something, Im really not sure. However it is a possibility your firewall is stopping you from getting online. In all firewalls there should be an option to make your firewall have exceptions in which it doesnt interfere with. Just add DN to the exceptions, problem may be solved.

Connectivity
This means a few things. First off if you are on a slow computer or have slow internet you might not be able to get onto DN because it is a Flash program which takes a good internet to receive the data for. BLS can correct me if I am wrong. Very Happy You may need to change internet providers.

Proxy
Additionally there are proxy servers that people use, such as to pass through restrictions set by your parents or your school. BLS has told me that they do not react well with these servers. Going directly to http://duelingnetwork.com may solve this issue.

Software
Sometimes it is just your browser. Many users claim to have issues using Firefox or IE. I personally use Chrome and I have not had a problem with DN, so simply try to change your browser. In fact, if your using one of the unheard of ones like Opera or something, its probably the browser. However sometimes it is your computer software itself. Try updating your computer if it is old, or try to update your Adobe Flash Player.

If none of these things work let me know here, and I will speak to BLS about other possibilities. Some times this issue might not be fixable, there isnt anything we can do about that. However there are so many possible reasons that its hard to diagnose. These are just the most popular reasons.
{EX} TheVoid
{EX} TheVoid
Cuddlez's Biscuit
Cuddlez's Biscuit

Birthday : 1992-02-29

Back to top Go down

Malformed Server Error - How to fix! Empty Re: Malformed Server Error - How to fix!

Post  game4fame95 2011-10-16, 18:23

Hey im having this really annpoying problem:

Oops! Google Chrome could not connect to www.duelingnetwork.com
Try reloading: www.­duelingnetwork.­com
Additional suggestions:
Access a cached copy of www.­duelingnetwork.­com
Search on Google:

i use google chrome fire fox tried it all :/

game4fame95

Back to top Go down

Malformed Server Error - How to fix! Empty Re: Malformed Server Error - How to fix!

Post  {EX} TheVoid 2011-10-17, 02:25

That happens whenever DN is down temporarily.
{EX} TheVoid
{EX} TheVoid
Cuddlez's Biscuit
Cuddlez's Biscuit

Back to top Go down

Post  game4fame95 2011-10-17, 03:08

Ok thanks you are probably right because i now checked this morning and now getting the black screen i had this before now and then like few eweeks ago but refreshing used to solve th eproblem now its not :/

game4fame95

Back to top Go down

Post  Radiatasoul 2011-10-19, 22:49

Whenever I go to the DN website a message immediately appears that says Error Unable to contact server and I receive the same message if I try to log in. I have tried clearing the cache and cookies, tried multiple browsers including ie, firefox, and chrome, and I have turned off all firewalls on my computer and on my router, and updated my flash player. I have even tried the creating a new administrator account fix with no success. DN previously worked just fine but a few days ago this error started. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Radiatasoul

Back to top Go down

Post  {EX} TheVoid 2011-10-19, 22:56

Im not sure if that is a malformed server error, but I will contact BLS about it and let you know.
{EX} TheVoid
{EX} TheVoid
Cuddlez's Biscuit
Cuddlez's Biscuit

Back to top Go down

Post  Radiatasoul 2011-10-19, 23:02

Thank you, I wasn't sure else where to post this problem since when I made a topic regarding the error it was deleted.

Radiatasoul

Back to top Go down

Post  {EX} TheVoid 2011-10-19, 23:03

Have you changed anything at all since the last time it worked? IE Moved, gotten a new computer, gotten a new browser, new anti-virus, etc?
{EX} TheVoid
{EX} TheVoid
Cuddlez's Biscuit
Cuddlez's Biscuit

Back to top Go down

Post  Radiatasoul 2011-10-19, 23:08

No I have not changed anything. The only significant thing that has happened was that the internet at my apartment complex was down for about a week due to someone having a router set up backwards. Once Time Warner finally got the internet fixed again I found that I was getting this error.

Radiatasoul

Back to top Go down

Post  {EX} TheVoid 2011-10-19, 23:21

Wait now Im a little confused. Are you using someone else's internet? Anyway BLS said to try load this page. If you cannot, you need to contact your ISP as they are preventing this. If you can, it is a firewall issue as it is preventing the DN page from connecting with the server.
{EX} TheVoid
{EX} TheVoid
Cuddlez's Biscuit
Cuddlez's Biscuit

Back to top Go down

Post  Radiatasoul 2011-10-19, 23:27

Yea, sorry I should have mentioned that I am using my apartment's internet. And that page did not load so I guess I need to call my ISP. What exactly is it that I need to bring up with them in order to get this fixed?

Radiatasoul

Back to top Go down

Post  {EX} TheVoid 2011-10-19, 23:51

Black Luster Soldier wrote:ask them about what traffic they block
for example
he seems to load port 80 fine
but he doesnt load port 8080
{EX} TheVoid
{EX} TheVoid
Cuddlez's Biscuit
Cuddlez's Biscuit

Back to top Go down

Post  Radiatasoul 2011-10-20, 00:13

Alright I will contact them and try to get this issue resolved,thank you for your help.

Radiatasoul

Back to top Go down

Post  {EX} TheVoid 2011-10-20, 00:17

No problem, good luck and reply back when you get results! Smile
{EX} TheVoid
{EX} TheVoid
Cuddlez's Biscuit
Cuddlez's Biscuit

Back to top Go down

Post  RaiXUchiha 2011-10-25, 15:40

so is there a way i can fix this? cause dueling network was working fine last week.

Dont double post.

hello? any help?

Last edited by TheVoid on 2011-10-27, 00:15; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Double Posting)

RaiXUchiha

Birthday : 1995-01-01

Back to top Go down

Post  {EX} TheVoid 2011-10-27, 00:14

1) Dont double post.
2) What are you having trouble with? This error? Have you tried the specified steps in the OP?
{EX} TheVoid
{EX} TheVoid
Cuddlez's Biscuit
Cuddlez's Biscuit

Back to top Go down

Post  RaiXUchiha 2011-10-30, 00:32

TheVoid wrote:1) Dont double post.
2) What are you having trouble with? This error? Have you tried the specified steps in the OP?
Yeah i tried all those steps so far and none of them are working.. could it be my account or is something with my computer? i sent bls a email also.

RaiXUchiha

Back to top Go down

Post  {EX} TheVoid 2011-10-31, 12:20

]If youve tried all that, its probably your internet. try loading /[url=http://www.duelingnetwork.com:8080/Dueling_Network/logged_in.do[/url] this page and tell me if it works.
{EX} TheVoid
{EX} TheVoid
Cuddlez's Biscuit
Cuddlez's Biscuit

Back to top Go down

Post  RaiXUchiha 2011-10-31, 19:03

It loads perfectly. and i already sent BLS the "not logged in" thing.

RaiXUchiha

Back to top Go down

Malformed Server Error - How to fix! Empty I tried all of them except the first

Post  Alphabecta 2011-11-05, 20:43

So i tried them all but it still doesnt work. I don't really understand how to do the first one since my firewall is CA a new security i dont understand. If you can plz clarify it alittle more?
Alphabecta
Alphabecta

Back to top Go down

Post  awsmgamerxxx 2011-11-12, 22:48

im also getting this error plz help!

awsmgamerxxx

Back to top Go down

Post  YGOBlack 2011-12-04, 09:56

Here you can read my problem is that despite your excellent guide are not able to solve
Spoiler:
YGOBlack
YGOBlack

Back to top Go down

Post  dust7mood 2012-01-16, 12:51

Oops! Google Chrome could not connect to www.duelingnetwork.com:8080
That's what i got from the link u posted a few posts ago...Doesn't work So is there any other solution other then the "Calling isp" one those are sometimes complicated so i dont really wanna call them.
dust7mood
dust7mood

Back to top Go down

Post  XiaoKen 2012-01-24, 00:33

Sir i get the same problem
i try all of ur fix
but none of them can fix it T_T
please help me
XiaoKen
XiaoKen

Back to top Go down

Post  Clark86 2012-01-26, 12:03

Hello everybody, i'm new user in this forum. I have a problem!
From home i can play and connect whitout problem. From my university i can't connecting. After login the page show Connecting... and stop.
I have ask to support in my universrity. And they have say there aren't problem with connection or filter. My question is: Is ip of my university blocked?

IP: 158.110.0.0
netmask 255.255.0.0

Can you verified if this ip and/or netmask is blocked by you?? I can't play from here =(((((((((((
Clark86
Clark86

Back to top Go down

Post  Albafica 2012-02-28, 18:21

i have one problem check :

https://2img.net/h/oi41.tinypic.com/2myt3x4.jpg

not loading u.U
Albafica
Albafica

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down