Dueling Network Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Please Be Respectful Towards Others

+30
FredRamos
Lovelace
Raye
J. D. Guy
syncrosshoken
kangtuji
Martia-chan
DarkRiku
Beyond Birthday
Prince Vegeta
Twilight Sparkle
Kaiba
3E-hero neos
Red-Ryo
Broken_Soul
nsanejokr
Roxzen
Miror B.
Potus-Mat
LuzCeleste
Red_Chaos
Metta World Peace
maskedhero303
Ultimate lol
Phoenix Wright
Goddess nX
Zero2Hero
Master Jordan
Johnny Raptor
Adept VantageSP
34 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Please Be Respectful Towards Others Empty Please Be Respectful Towards Others

Post  Adept VantageSP 2011-10-12, 13:44

This topic has to do with all the pointless bullcrap that has been going on with the forum lately.

Oranges and Bananas Topic wrote:
Off-topic section is absolutely where you can talk about anything but that doesn't mean spamming like a mug or making pointless threads or complaining, you should have an "actual" fun talking here instead of wasting your time on topics that makes no point or any sense but +postnumber. Try to make your posts with a point, please. Lets try to make OT section bullshit free and you'll be thanked. Also, I am not forbidding bull crap, I am just trying to avoid getting much of it.

NOTE BEFORE READING: I am sure you have all read the old sticky in this section. If you haven't, I have provided a quote from it. This thread has replaced that one. Basically the gist of it is to have fun BUT act smart. I am not making this topic for brownie points or for a promotion, this is just based off a simple observation of the forum as of recently. I don't mean to sound like a pretentious, condescending jerk with this topic as well. Like I said, it is just a simple observation, everyone is entitled to an opinion. I can understand if you find what I say in this topic may be somewhat hypocritical or redundant.So enjoy! Grab some popcorn and have fun!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Recently I made a topic called about all the pointless drama going around the forum. If you weren't/aren't staff, you never saw this topic. Basically I just told people to stop all the pointless drama. As I expected, this topic was derailed the next post... go figure eh. Well now I am making one for everyone to see. Basically, I am asking for some more maturity around here. All this member/staff bashing needs to stop. We get like 2 topics a day complaining about how bad _____ is or that _____ should be fired/is doing a bad job. I find this incredibly dumb. If you have a problem with a member or staff member talk to them privately. Do no bring the public into it. Use MSN, private messaging systems, etc. Why should everyone else be left out? Well, let us logically analyze an example situation. Member A posts a topic hating on Admin B. They talk about how bad they are, then provide some "proof". The next few posts are generally bandwagon haters and such. This is the problem. You are only providing ONE side of the story, and it is riddled with personal bias and sometimes rage (and what else is darkness but hate and rage?). These members are generally not informed about the situation and therefor cannot form a valid perspective on the situation at hand. This is unfair to the accused person. They may not even visit the forum. These topics just cause fights and strife. They solve almost nothing, in fact they cause more problems then they attempt to solve. Show some maturity/class and contact them personally. This also goes for Staff vs Member. Actually, this especially goes for Staff vs Member. You are staff, part of your job is leadership. If you are fighting with a member(s) and show it on the forum you are leading a bad example. Leave your problems out of the forum. We don't want your hate here.

Now that we covered member vs staff and staff vs member, let us cover member vs member. Basically the same things apply. Don't bring your problems here, we don't want it. If you have a problem with another member.... again contact them privately. I can't stress this enough people. Topics about it solve nothing (btw this is not a hate topic, so no irony here!). This also goes for flamewars, trolling, derailing, bullying, etc. in live topics. Let's say member A posts a post in a topic. They say "I like _____". The next poster says " Wow, you suck. Who the heck likes _____. Get a life and stop being such a newb!". This is not allowed, if you have read the rules you would know this. There is no reason to be a jerk to a member. This goes especially for new members. Cut them some slack. They may not know what goes on in the forum. Yes, they should read the forum stickies and rules, etc. but again, cut them some slack. Don't be a jerk and lash out on them for doing something wrong. Kindly (yes be nice!) them them what they did wrong and how to solve it. You are not helping by simply pointing it out. Aid the member, help them out. We want DN to be a friendly place, being mean to new members is counter productive and hurts our image. If you know a new member and you know they cause problems, warn a staff member about them (privately). If you call them out on it as soon as they join you are just being an instigator. Like you want to start a fight. Again, hate is not wanted here. Everyone deserves a fair chance. We all make mistakes, after all we are human. (NOTE: yes we all makes mistakes, but if you are misbehaving you will be punished by a staff member. Please read the ban table in the FAQ section for more info).

Okay, now for some fun. Staff vs Staff. This is the worst of the problems. Members usually can't see this but there is a ton of staff vs staff hate. I mean, our section is full of them. Again, talk to them privately. Leave it out of here, staff vs staff causes the worst drama. I know I have been guilty of this at some point, but most of that was self-defense. If you are going to call me out on something, you better have some good points and think about what you are doing. Because if you have no good points to support your argument, why even bother? Now a.s.s. kissing and job stealing is a problem as well. If you are that desperate to throw other staff under the bus in-order to make yourself look better, have fun with life. Yes, if you have a valid point, okay, talk to them privately. If that doesn't work, then post a topic and you better make sure to provide as much proof and perspective from different angles as well. Personal bias is not fact. This is not directed at any one member, it is just a general statement. If you do not like another staff member, sabotage is not the answer. In the past we have had soooo much staff drama. If you have been here as long as me, you will know what I am talking about. Please think before you do.

If you are trying to take down a site member or staff member with fake proof, please don't even try. We have some skilled members that can tell if a pic is altered,etc. This is not allowed. Fake proof is not legit proof (duh). Therefore, be using fake proof, all your credibility has just been lost.

Respect staff, and staff respect members. Simple as that. Yes, respect is earned, but show some maturity and don't be a jerk. Especially if you are a staff member. Bias is not good. Be professional (NOTE: If a member/staff member is harassing you please contact either them (to sort it out) or a staff member. If a member is blatantly disrespecting staff, we have permission to ban or warn them. As this is against the rules). Also, respect others beliefs and likes. If something you do is offending someone, talk it out with them and find an appropriate solution that will satisfy both parties. Don't be mean to a member for liking something you don't like or you deem "uncool". No one is the same, we all like different things. Please be nice. Who cares, we are all nerds right?

Please be logical. Know when you are right or when you are wrong. it is alright to be wrong. Denying it only causes more drama. I will admit when I am wrong, it is only fair.

Don't be petty. No sense stalking a member waiting for them to screw up then with a sense of satisfaction report them. (NOTE: if a staff member has been contacted to keep an eye on a potential rule breaker, this is somewhat fine [to a certain degree]). Nitpicking causes problems.

Remember the report button. This is a handy tool. But DO NOT abuse it. It is not a toy. Use this button to report actual rule breaking posts. Do not use it for petty selfish "got ya!" reasons.

Don't be a jerk. Undermining someone is just rude.

ex.
Person A: "Yay I just won my local tourny!"
Person B: "Pfft, talk to me when you win at YCS newb..."

Person A: "My deck is so good!"
Person B: "Lol, that is because you net decked a meta deck. I was using my own creation. Learn how to be creative and stop playing meta"

That is just rude. You are obviously trying to gain some sick sense of self-satisfaction by belittling someone else and making yourself seem awesome.

If you don't like a topic why post in it? You have all seen those youtube comments where people describe their hatred towards the content of the video.
ex. "Pokemon is so stupid, anyone who watches it is dumb"
This begs the question.... why were you there? Did you just randomly find a video/topic about something just to say everyone who watches it is dumb? Wow, go you, you are so cool. Pointless.

Post count does not matter (OMG a guy with the highest post count is saying it doesn't matter!!! He is such a hypocrite, he must care about it). Seriously , it is trivial. Just because someone posts a lot in the game section doesn't mean a thing. Again, this is a petty complaint. This also goes for rep. It is trivial at best. Don't judge a member by there post count or rep. (NOTE: spamming for posts in none game forums is against the rules. Spammer will be dealt with. Rep spamming is just as bad. You will loose these privileges if abused).

No one likes to be a scapegoat. If you are in trouble... please don't place the blame on another member.

Mini-modding causes unneeded drama. If you do not have the authority to enforce a rule, don't enforce it. Leave it to the staff. Mini-modding is counter productive and causes more problems. Members don't like to be bossed around by other members.

In conclusion, please use common sense and logic when handling a situation. If you have a problem with someone, take it up with them. Don't cause pointless drama.

-VantageSp-

Let the hating of VantageSP begin!

Version 2.1 - Sit Boy Sit!!!
-Article has been shortened a bit
Version 2.0 - Fluttershy is not a tree!
-Article Written

Last edited by vantagesp on 2011-12-29, 10:42; edited 8 times in total
Adept VantageSP
Adept VantageSP
Adept Swordsmaster
 Adept Swordsmaster

Birthday : 1992-05-08

http://yugiohgxforums.b1.jcink.com/index.php?

Back to top Go down

Please Be Respectful Towards Others Empty Re: Please Be Respectful Towards Others

Post  Johnny Raptor 2011-10-12, 14:40

Too long, bro. My brain hurts... I'm crying. ;~;

EDIT: But I did read it.
Johnny Raptor
Johnny Raptor

Birthday : 1992-09-30

http://www.fanfiction.net/~TheRaptorJohnny

Back to top Go down

Please Be Respectful Towards Others Empty Re: Please Be Respectful Towards Others

Post  Adept VantageSP 2011-10-12, 14:41

Good, I want people to read it. This is important.
Adept VantageSP
Adept VantageSP
Adept Swordsmaster
 Adept Swordsmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Master Jordan 2011-10-12, 14:50

i couldnt have said it any better myself van, but i have noticed a lot of hate going around (mostly in ban appels). now brb, i must kill somehing from read oo much.
Master Jordan
Master Jordan

Back to top Go down

Post  Zero2Hero 2011-10-12, 14:53

True, this thread speaks nothing but the truth.
Zero2Hero
Zero2Hero
Hidden Genius
Hidden Genius

Birthday : 1994-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post  Goddess nX 2011-10-12, 15:22

You do know 80% of the forums will not read this :/
Goddess nX
Goddess nX
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Birthday : 1993-11-09

https://facebook.com/ladydaree

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Wright 2011-10-12, 15:37

A +1 FOR YOU SIR
Phoenix Wright
Phoenix Wright

Birthday : 1993-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post  Ultimate lol 2011-10-12, 15:41

I'm part of the 20%. Smile

Long but good read.
Ultimate lol
Ultimate lol

Birthday : 1990-12-16

Back to top Go down

Post  maskedhero303 2011-10-12, 16:10

Goddess is right, lots won't, maybe a different title would be more appropriate? Or maybe if this thread is stickie'd or something more people would look at it. Good read anyway, its something that at the very least the majority of us should read.
maskedhero303
maskedhero303

Back to top Go down

Post  Metta World Peace 2011-10-12, 16:30

Am I part of the reason why you posted this!? Very Happy

+ rep
Metta World Peace
Metta World Peace

Birthday : 1995-05-15

Back to top Go down

Post  Red_Chaos 2011-10-12, 16:43

i skimmed just proves i live a sheltered live in and out of the cyber world
Red_Chaos
Red_Chaos

Birthday : 1990-12-30

Back to top Go down

Post  LuzCeleste 2011-10-12, 16:56

Ummmm, Well I am a new member so I don't have much say in this, however lemme give a small bit of observation as well. The short time I've been here I've throughly enojed... This community is actually really good compared to other places I've been at and even modded. Sure I've only been here a week, but in that week there have been lots of good discussions where I've participated and some just read. Surfing the forums I've read and learned about a lot of rulings and met a lot of nice people. This community while fairly small from what I've seen is also very chill and my sincerest congratz to the mods and admins, maybe the reason why I don't see this drama and spam you're referring to in the thread is cause you get to them before I do. I've seen the detonator post and he's very helpful as well as lots of others like mirror b, etc. Don't get me wrong I agree with what you have posted here and I try to stay on topic and be respectful as much as possible. Maybe it's cause I have stayed away from the off-topic section, but just take it from a new member. Even though this place may have it's problems it's still a very nice forum, hope to stay around with you guys for a while, I really do like it here.
LuzCeleste
LuzCeleste

Birthday : 1990-01-14

Back to top Go down

Post  Adept VantageSP 2011-10-12, 18:55

Like I said. This is not directed at any one person. This is a general statement, albeit a very long one. Goddess, I know people won't read this, put at least some people did.
Adept VantageSP
Adept VantageSP
Adept Swordsmaster
 Adept Swordsmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Potus-Mat 2011-10-12, 23:42

Wow, this looks like a nice read...
Potus-Mat
Potus-Mat

Birthday : 1994-03-13

Back to top Go down

Post  Miror B. 2011-10-12, 23:56

Even if 80% of the forum doesn't read this, people raging over their hate topics being deleted will now be at fault for not reading this, so kudos to you my dear forum-mate ^^
Miror B.
Miror B.

Back to top Go down

Post  Adept VantageSP 2011-10-12, 23:57

Miror B. wrote:Even if 80% of the forum doesn't read this, people raging over their hate topics being deleted will now be at fault for not reading this, so kudos to you my dear forum-mate ^^

You bring up a good point actually. I didn't even notice that xd.
Adept VantageSP
Adept VantageSP
Adept Swordsmaster
 Adept Swordsmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Miror B. 2011-10-13, 00:02

vantagesp wrote:
Miror B. wrote:Even if 80% of the forum doesn't read this, people raging over their hate topics being deleted will now be at fault for not reading this, so kudos to you my dear forum-mate ^^

You bring up a good point actually. I didn't even notice that xd.
Yeah. It's just like the people who go to the suggestions area and suggests stuff that has been said not to be suggested in the rules. All they get is a link to the thread and a locked topic. It's important to read stickies, otherwise you end up making an idiot of yourself.

Believe me, I've seen a lot of this from 1 year on a different forum lol.
Miror B.
Miror B.

Back to top Go down

Post  Roxzen 2011-10-13, 00:43

*reads*

Please Be Respectful Towards Others Head-explode

Good stuff is good. If everyone in this world respect each other, there will be no war.

But you know, humans... bounce
Roxzen
Roxzen

Birthday : 1992-04-04

Back to top Go down

Post  Potus-Mat 2011-10-13, 00:52

Roxzen wrote:*reads*
Please Be Respectful Towards Others Head-explode
Good stuff is good. If everyone in this world respect each other, there will be no war.
But you know, humans... bounce
Yeah, I really dropped the ball with those things...
Potus-Mat
Potus-Mat

Back to top Go down

Post  Adept VantageSP 2011-10-13, 00:54

Seriously guys, gals and Key.... I am sorry for the wall of text. It needed to be addressed. Potus didn't make us perfect. Nice job Potus. Try harder next time!
Adept VantageSP
Adept VantageSP
Adept Swordsmaster
 Adept Swordsmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Potus-Mat 2011-10-13, 01:01

vantagesp wrote:Seriously guys, gals and Key.... I am sorry for the wall of text. It needed to be addressed. Potus didn't make us perfect. Nice job Potus. Try harder next time!
Fine. But I like to start with a blank slate, so you are going to have to wait a bit for me to make a perfect world.
By the way, what do we do exactly in this thread?
Potus-Mat
Potus-Mat

Back to top Go down

Post  Adept VantageSP 2011-10-13, 01:03

Well, I wanted people to comment on the content. But apparently it was such a daunting read xd. Next I will make a shorter post.
Adept VantageSP
Adept VantageSP
Adept Swordsmaster
 Adept Swordsmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  nsanejokr 2011-10-13, 01:10

Realistically, that post will just be preaching to the choir. Anyone that wasn't being respectful prior to reading it will remain disrespectful. People will still publicly bash others, since the public eye on the situation is what they want and not to just talk to the person themselves.
nsanejokr
nsanejokr

Birthday : 1990-09-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Adept VantageSP 2011-10-13, 17:15

Topic has been shortened a tiny bit.
Adept VantageSP
Adept VantageSP
Adept Swordsmaster
 Adept Swordsmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Broken_Soul 2011-10-13, 17:23

started reading it but too long will continue other time
Broken_Soul
Broken_Soul

Birthday : 1988-01-09

Back to top Go down

Post  Red-Ryo 2011-10-13, 17:24

Sadly because are just going to keep on fighting.
Red-Ryo
Red-Ryo

Back to top Go down

Post  3E-hero neos 2011-10-14, 09:07

Nice points, jerks won't ever bother to read though.

One tip, if you write such a huge wall of text, try making a list of things you're going to say, and in the conclusion, say what you have said. The key points will be addressed more this way. Just a little tip for next time ^^.

Make a better topic title, like: Jerks enter here! It's pretty obvious they will always be curious what's in the topic, that's just the human being.

But when it's summing everything up, and everything is a bit shorter, less sarcastic(some parts are super sarcastic)then everything is already a bit easier to read.

Just saying, good info though.
3E-hero neos
3E-hero neos

Birthday : 1995-06-08

Back to top Go down

Post  Kaiba 2011-10-17, 23:07

This thread should do something about all those idoits around here! Whatever that is.
Kaiba
Kaiba

Birthday : 1992-06-19

Back to top Go down

Post  Metta World Peace 2011-10-17, 23:11

You spelled idiot wrong. Sorry, just had to point that out! drunken
Metta World Peace
Metta World Peace

Birthday : 1995-05-15

Back to top Go down

Post  Adept VantageSP 2011-10-17, 23:16

I know I did.... I was trying to be ironic...
Adept VantageSP
Adept VantageSP
Adept Swordsmaster
 Adept Swordsmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Twilight Sparkle 2011-10-17, 23:32

Cool But i have a Spell Card scapegoat D:<
but on a real Note its true Even i Cant say i havnt done it We should be nicer to each other There is a lot of ruleings in the Game and not everyone knows every thing.
id like to blame Pepole >: but instead....
Blames ScapeGoat >:
now i have 3 left ^~^'....
Twilight Sparkle
Twilight Sparkle

Birthday : 1993-10-30

Back to top Go down

Post  Kaiba 2011-10-17, 23:36

Lethal Interjection™️ wrote:You spelled idiot wrong. Sorry, just had to point that out! drunken
Unfortunately for you I pointed it out firsssttttt. :>

Last edited by Kaiba on 2011-10-17, 23:38; edited 1 time in total
Kaiba
Kaiba

Birthday : 1992-06-19

Back to top Go down

Post  Adept VantageSP 2011-10-17, 23:38

Kaiba wrote:
Lethal Interjection™️ wrote:You spelled idiot wrong. Sorry, just had to point that out! drunken

Unfortunately for you I pointed it out firsssttttt. :>

Yeah.... my bad. I wrote this while angry. I am still angry. I am tired of getting no respect from staff for what I do around here.
Adept VantageSP
Adept VantageSP
Adept Swordsmaster
 Adept Swordsmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Prince Vegeta 2011-10-17, 23:39

i read this and i enjoied ut guess that makes me 20% of the mature one

this post/thread has so many truths mehind it

Prince Vegeta
Prince Vegeta

Birthday : 1995-02-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Beyond Birthday 2011-10-17, 23:56

Man u really gained my full respect ,, ^_^

i mean i know DN is a community like any other community and there is always the good

and the bad ..

But in those last weeks things was going out of hand and every body is getting crazy (well not all of them x) ) ,,

and at some point i really lost hope in DN As a community ,,

But u really brought that hope back 2 me x) ,,

am really happy 2 see a member like u (and even better .. a staff member ..! )

that i can just say that he is a good example 4 others .. and i hope any one who

read this .. understand it as well and applies it ..

any way thanks 4 writing this long and good thread ..

(i really think that ur keyboards are crying out of joy now x) )

any way thanks again .. Reped+
Beyond Birthday
Beyond Birthday

Birthday : 1992-06-01

Back to top Go down

Post  Adept VantageSP 2011-10-18, 00:01

Beyond... at this point, you don't know how much your comment meant to me... thank you.
Adept VantageSP
Adept VantageSP
Adept Swordsmaster
 Adept Swordsmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  DarkRiku 2011-10-18, 02:09

Not to be a suck up but this is the reason why I keep on saying Vantagesp should be an admin one day.

Nice read! Even if everyone doesn't read it at least some will and maybe it will change a few peoples minds.
DarkRiku
DarkRiku
Keyblade Wielder
Keyblade Wielder

Birthday : 1984-12-06

Back to top Go down

Post  Martia-chan 2011-10-18, 02:14

I skimmed it over. Sorry to say, but you won't be getting threads to stop hating on most admins anytime soon. People are open to express their opinion, but yes proof is necessary if they want to do something.

I don't know what your doing for this forum, but if your working, then thank you nonetheless.

But don't forget, there's good things and bad things. Just the bad things are more easily noticed. I'm sure for every one person that hates, there's 9 people that likes what your doing and respects it.

Duelingnetwork is a great place, it has it's ups and downs like everything, but still a great place. Don't forget that.

Martia-chan
Martia-chan

Back to top Go down

Post  Adept VantageSP 2011-10-18, 02:40

Martia-chan wrote:I skimmed it over. Sorry to say, but you won't be getting threads to stop hating on most admins anytime soon. People are open to express their opinion, but yes proof is necessary if they want to do something.

I don't know what your doing for this forum, but if your working, then thank you nonetheless.

But don't forget, there's good things and bad things. Just the bad things are more easily noticed. I'm sure for every one person that hates, there's 9 people that likes what your doing and respects it.

Duelingnetwork is a great place, it has it's ups and downs like everything, but still a great place. Don't forget that.

See, you read the post, you thought about it and you critiqued it fairly based on logic. I respect that and thank you for it. Even if you just skimmed it, you probably got the gist of it.
Adept VantageSP
Adept VantageSP
Adept Swordsmaster
 Adept Swordsmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Martia-chan 2011-10-18, 02:44

vantagesp wrote:
Martia-chan wrote:I skimmed it over. Sorry to say, but you won't be getting threads to stop hating on most admins anytime soon. People are open to express their opinion, but yes proof is necessary if they want to do something.

See, you read the post, you thought about it and you critiqued it fairly based on logic. I respect that and thank you for it. Even if you just skimmed it, you probably got the gist of it.

I wouldn't blame people for flames, lack of logic, etc. But I have a extremely high tolerance and I probably can't talk since I'm not in your situation. People have bad days, and just need to release stress on some things. If your someone like me, I wouldn't do it on a forum, but there are people who forums like this are all they have.

Not that justifies what they do, just saying that consider trying to be a bit more sympathic. But your probably at your wit's end, and tried it already.
Martia-chan
Martia-chan

Back to top Go down

Post  Adept VantageSP 2011-10-18, 02:47

Martia-chan wrote:
vantagesp wrote:

I wouldn't blame people for flames, lack of logic, etc. But I have a extremely high tolerance and I probably can't talk since I'm not in your situation. People have bad days, and just need to release stress on some things. If your someone like me, I wouldn't do it on a forum, but there are people who forums like this are all they have.

Not that justifies what they do, just saying that consider trying to be a bit more sympathic. But your probably at your wit's end, and tried it already.

Well, I wrote this on one of those "bad days".
Adept VantageSP
Adept VantageSP
Adept Swordsmaster
 Adept Swordsmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Martia-chan 2011-10-18, 02:49

vantagesp wrote:
Martia-chan wrote:
vantagesp wrote:

Well, I wrote this on one of those "bad days".

So, on your wits end. That's understandable then. You are now proclaimed worthy of redemption. *Pats Vantagesp*.

I think I'm drunk. I should probably get to sleep, I can't make sense of the latter half of what I'm saying.
Martia-chan
Martia-chan

Back to top Go down

Post  kangtuji 2011-10-18, 02:50

So.... I was reformatting the whole 1'st post into Wordpad.... Not sure if WYSIYG editor could work or not

NOTE BEFORE READING: I am sure you have all read the old sticky in this section. If you haven't, I have provided a quote from it. This thread has replaced that one. Basically the gist of it is to have fun BUT act smart. I am not making this topic for brownie points or for a promotion, this is just based off a simple observation of the forum as of recently. I don't mean to sound like a pretentious, condescending jerk with this topic as well. Like I said, it is just a simple observation, everyone is entitled to an opinion. I can understand if you find what I say in this topic may be somewhat hypocritical or redundant.So enjoy! Grab some popcorn and have fun!

Table of context :
I........... INTRO
II.......... DRAMA
............A) Member vs Member
............B) Staff vs Staff
III............NETDECKER
IV........... POST COUNT
V........... Mini Modding

I. INTRO
Recently I made a topic called about all the pointless drama going around the forum. If you weren't/aren't staff, you never saw this topic. Basically I just told people to stop all the pointless drama. As I expected, this topic was derailed the next post... go figure eh. Well now I am making one for everyone to see. Basically, I am asking for some more maturity around here. All this member/staff bashing needs to stop. We get like 2 topics a day complaining about how bad _____ is or that _____ should be fired/is doing a bad job. I find this incredibly dumb. If you have a problem with a member or staff member talk to them privately. Do no bring the public into it. Use MSN, private messaging systems, etc. Why should everyone else be left out? Well, let us logically analyze an example situation. Member A posts a topic hating on Admin B. They talk about how bad they are, then provide some "proof". The next few posts are generally bandwagon haters and such. This is the problem. You are only providing ONE side of the story, and it is riddled with personal bias and sometimes rage (and what else is darkness but hate and rage?). These members are generally not informed about the situation and therefor cannot form a valid perspective on the situation at hand. This is unfair to the accused person. They may not even visit the forum. These topics just cause fights and strife. They solve almost nothing, in fact they cause more problems then they attempt to solve. Show some maturity/class and contact them personally. This also goes for Staff vs Member. Actually, this especially goes for Staff vs Member. You are staff, part of your job is leadership. If you are fighting with a member(s) and show it on the forum you are leading a bad example. Leave your problems out of the forum. We don't want your hate here.

II. DRAMA
II.A) MEMBER VS MEMBER
Now that we covered member vs staff and staff vs member, let us cover member vs member. Basically the same things apply. Don't bring your problems here, we don't want it. If you have a problem with another member.... again contact them privately. I can't stress this enough people. Topics about it solve nothing (btw this is not a hate topic, so no irony here!). This also goes for flamewars, trolling, derailing, bullying, etc. in live topics. Let's say member A posts a post in a topic. They say "I like _____". The next poster says " Wow, you suck. Who the heck likes _____. Get a life and stop being such a newb!". This is not allowed, if you have read the rules you would know this. There is no reason to be a jerk to a member. This goes especially for new members. Cut them some slack. They may not know what goes on in the forum. Yes, they should read the forum stickies and rules, etc. but again, cut them some slack. Don't be a jerk and lash out on them for doing something wrong. Kindly (yes be nice!) them them what they did wrong and how to solve it. You are not helping by simply pointing it out. Aid the member, help them out. We want DN to be a friendly place, being mean to new members is counter productive and hurts our image. If you know a new member and you know they cause problems, warn a staff member about them (privately). If you call them out on it as soon as they join you are just being an instigator. Like you want to start a fight. Again, hate is not wanted here. Everyone deserves a fair chance. We all make mistakes, after all we are human. (NOTE: yes we all makes mistakes, but if you are misbehaving you will be punished by a staff member. Please read the ban table in the FAQ section for more info).

II.B) STAFF VS STAFF
Okay, now for some fun. Staff vs Staff. This is the worst of the problems. Members usually can't see this but there is a ton of staff vs staff hate. I mean, our section is full of them. Again, talk to them privately. Leave it out of here, staff vs staff causes the worst drama. I know I have been guilty of this at some point, but most of that was self-defense. If you are going to call me out on something, you better have some good points and think about what you are doing. Because if you have no good points to support your argument, why even bother? Now a.s.s. kissing and job stealing is a problem as well. If you are that desperate to throw other staff under the bus in-order to make yourself look better, have fun with life. Yes, if you have a valid point, okay, talk to them privately. If that doesn't work, then post a topic and you better make sure to provide as much proof and perspective from different angles as well. Personal bias is not fact. This is not directed at any one member, it is just a general statement. If you do not like another staff member, sabotage is not the answer. In the past we have had soooo much staff drama. If you have been here as long as me, you will know what I am talking about. Please think before you do.

If you are trying to take down a site member or staff member with fake proof, please don't even try. We have some skilled members that can tell if a pic is altered,etc. This is not allowed. Fake proof is not legit proof (duh). Therefore, be using fake proof, all your credibility has just been lost.

Respect staff, and staff respect members. Simple as that. Yes, respect is earned, but show some maturity and don't be a jerk. Especially if you are a staff member. Bias is not good. Be professional (NOTE: If a member/staff member is harassing you please contact either them (to sort it out) or a staff member. If a member is blatantly disrespecting staff, we have permission to ban or warn them. As this is against the rules). Also, respect others beliefs and likes. If something you do is offending someone, talk it out with them and find an appropriate solution that will satisfy both parties. Don't be mean to a member for liking something you don't like or you deem "uncool". No one is the same, we all like different things. Please be nice. Who cares, we are all nerds right?

Please be logical. Know when you are right or when you are wrong. it is alright to be wrong. Denying it only causes more drama. I will admit when I am wrong, it is only fair.

Don't be petty. No sense stalking a member waiting for them to screw up then with a sense of satisfaction report them. (NOTE: if a staff member has been contacted to keep an eye on a potential rule breaker, this is somewhat fine [to a certain degree]). Nitpicking causes problems.

Remember the report button. This is a handy tool. But DO NOT abuse it. It is not a toy. Use this button to report actual rule breaking posts. Do not use it for petty selfish "got ya!" reasons.

Don't be a jerk. Undermining someone is just rude.

ex.
Person A: "Yay I just won my local tourny!"
Person B: "Pfft, talk to me when you win at YCS newb..."

III. NETDECKER
Person A: "My deck is so good!"
Person B: "Lol, that is because you net decked a meta deck. I was using my own creation. Learn how to be creative and stop playing meta"

That is just rude. You are obviously trying to gain some sick sense of self-satisfaction by belittling someone else and making yourself seem awesome.

If you don't like a topic why post in it? You have all seen those youtube comments where people describe their hatred towards the content of the video.
ex. "Pokemon is so stupid, anyone who watches it is dumb"
This begs the question.... why were you there? Did you just randomly find a video/topic about something just to say everyone who watches it is dumb? Wow, go you, you are so cool. Pointless.

IV. POST COUNT
Post count does not matter (OMG a guy with the highest post count is saying it doesn't matter!!! He is such a hypocrite, he must care about it). Seriously , it is trivial. Just because someone posts a lot in the game section doesn't mean a thing. Again, this is a petty complaint. This also goes for rep. It is trivial at best. Don't judge a member by there post count or rep. (NOTE: spamming for posts in none game forums is against the rules. Spammer will be dealt with. Rep spamming is just as bad. You will loose these privileges if abused).

No one likes to be a scapegoat. If you are in trouble... please don't place the blame on another member.

V. MINI MODDING
Mini-modding causes unneeded drama. If you do not have the authority to enforce a rule, don't enforce it. Leave it to the staff. Mini-modding is counter productive and causes more problems. Members don't like to be bossed around by other members.

In conclusion, please use common sense and logic when handling a situation. If you have a problem with someone, take it up with them. Don't cause pointless drama.

-VantageSp-

Let the hating of VantageSP begin!

Version 2.1 - Sit Boy Sit!!!
-Article has been shortened a bit
Version 2.0 - Fluttershy is not a tree!
-Article Written

First... netdecker is annoying.

And I would like to point you to a post We all make mistakes, after all we are human. (NOTE: yes we all makes mistakes, but if you are misbehaving you will be punished by a staff member. Please read the ban table in the FAQ section for more info).

Implying only member can be punished by staff member disregard its unintentional or not.

As in this post : http://forum.duelingnetwork.com/t1647-guide-how-to-avoid-pointless-arguments-with-opponents
"Accidents do happen, regardless how careful you are, something will happen. So if you accidentally did something wrong, inform your opponent ASAP and try to fix it."

This is a contradicting.

The original post pointing a "mature" act, but this sentecnes doesn't repersent it. It simply if someone does wrong, bam ! Headshot them ! Regadless what, because they are member. Staff would understand this feeling because they are untouchable by mistakes.

Members may be stupid, noobish, and doing mistakes. But its unfair way to say "you will be punished by a staff member". Instead you fix the mistake, giving proper teaching, or ATLEAST telling (give warning) why they are wrong, as a mature way to do it.
kangtuji
kangtuji

Back to top Go down

Post  Adept VantageSP 2011-10-18, 02:51

Uhmm.... okay then. Have a nice sleep?
Adept VantageSP
Adept VantageSP
Adept Swordsmaster
 Adept Swordsmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Martia-chan 2011-10-18, 02:52

vantagesp wrote:Uhmm.... okay then. Have a nice sleep?

I've noticed that you probably think I'm quite strange. You wouldn't be near the first, but just think of me as the type of girl that openly expresses a majority of my thoughts.
Martia-chan
Martia-chan

Back to top Go down

Post  kangtuji 2011-10-18, 03:02

Also the whole post are one sided story, and it is riddled with personal bias and sometimes rage (and what else is darkness but hate and rage?).

These members are generally not informed about the situation and therefor cannot form a valid perspective on the situation at hand. This is unfair to the accused person.

Image the member who may not even visit the forum, and yet you accused them already make a mistakes.

Prejudice is wrong.
You need replies/hearing stories from other side too, so openly expresses a majority of their thoughts is not strange.
kangtuji
kangtuji

Back to top Go down

Post  Adept VantageSP 2011-10-18, 03:25

kangtuji wrote:Also the whole post are one sided story, and it is riddled with personal bias and sometimes rage (and what else is darkness but hate and rage?).

These members are generally not informed about the situation and therefor cannot form a valid perspective on the situation at hand. This is unfair to the accused person.

Image the member who may not even visit the forum, and yet you accused them already make a mistakes.

Prejudice is wrong.
You need replies/hearing stories from other side too, so openly expresses a majority of their thoughts is not strange.

Just gonna leave this here...
Adept VantageSP
Adept VantageSP
Adept Swordsmaster
 Adept Swordsmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  kangtuji 2011-10-18, 04:05

So... your obversation makes older rules invalid.

Interesting....
But on second thought... I think I better leave now, avoiding more dramas... which this thread points drama in forum is bad.

Althought I merely stating the fact, but this will lead to dramas.
kangtuji
kangtuji

Back to top Go down

Post  syncrosshoken 2011-10-18, 19:36

wow does this include asking for help finding episodes of anime in sub? because I've done that lots of time and if asking for anime finding help is not allowed then please tell me.
syncrosshoken
syncrosshoken

Birthday : 1997-11-11

Back to top Go down

Post  J. D. Guy 2011-10-18, 21:53

Hi vantagesp.

I read your post and wanted to say I agree wholeheartedly
with what you wrote.

I am surprised you don't get repected as much as you should.
I haven't been on here long I and see how dedicated you are.
In fact, I still remember you were the first to greet me
when I introduced myself. I notice you are very patient
with things, so I don't blame you for being at wits end
when you are.

I wonder what happened?

Nontheless, people should read this post; its not that
long in my opinion, even if I generally like reading long
stuff.

Last but not least, I wanted to thank you for taking the time
out to be as social and friendly as you are. I really appreciate
it, and looking around, it looks like I'm not the only one. Very Happy

J. D. Guy

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum