Dueling Network Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Toon Cannon Burn Loop OTK / FTK

+19
NinjaMime93
celestialPilot
Saturn
yukkiyuk98
012yArthur0
Potus-Mat
Tsunayoshi
raidou
Miror B.
Badass_Bunny
Tcbskater
Twilight Sparkle
Zephyr
Metta World Peace
3E-hero neos
DarkRiku
OverlordMMM
Roxzen
darkshinei
23 posters

Go down

what do u think about it

Toon Cannon Burn Loop OTK / FTK Vote_lcap38%Toon Cannon Burn Loop OTK / FTK Vote_rcap 38% 
[ 6 ]
Toon Cannon Burn Loop OTK / FTK Vote_lcap13%Toon Cannon Burn Loop OTK / FTK Vote_rcap 13% 
[ 2 ]
Toon Cannon Burn Loop OTK / FTK Vote_lcap49%Toon Cannon Burn Loop OTK / FTK Vote_rcap 49% 
[ 8 ]

Total Votes : 16

Poll closed

Toon Cannon Burn Loop OTK / FTK Empty Toon Cannon Burn Loop OTK / FTK

Post  darkshinei 2011-10-13, 09:55

Hi guys ^_^

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=im6Ttw26u4c

if u get Toon Cannon and Pilsar on the field + Red-Eyes on the Grave u win the game muhahahahhahahahahah
i record 2 other duels with this deck ; but it's looks against Noobs xD ; they rage quit everytime ( i said it's not Excodia ; i swear xD )
Tribut Pilsar to inflict 500 and get Red-Eyes from the grave with Pilsar eff
use Red Eyes effect and get Pilsar from the grave
tribut Red-Eyes to inflict 500 then tribut Pilsar to inflict 500 then Pilsar effect ^^

it's not my FTK/OTK ; cz some1 kick me out with it xD
So i like it
Hope u like it 2

------------------------------
this is his DN name :

Mangaguy
------------------------------
darkshinei
darkshinei

Birthday : 1994-08-06

Back to top Go down

Toon Cannon Burn Loop OTK / FTK Empty Re: Toon Cannon Burn Loop OTK / FTK

Post  Roxzen 2011-10-13, 10:24

http://forum.duelingnetwork.com/t7488p25-light-pulsar-dragon#91518

Wait, Pulsar is out on D-Net? Shocked

Time to troll Rated! Twisted Evil
Roxzen
Roxzen

Birthday : 1992-04-04

Back to top Go down

Post  OverlordMMM 2011-10-13, 11:27

This will finally cause all non-once per turn burn tribute damage cards to be banned. :/

I mean, mother grizzly makes catapult turtle live. And there are still a few other cards out there that have similar effect.
OverlordMMM
OverlordMMM

Back to top Go down

Post  DarkRiku 2011-10-14, 01:30

Only Bad because it really isn't that hard to pull off. Even if you don't FTK you can still swarm the field with monsters.
DarkRiku
DarkRiku
Keyblade Wielder
Keyblade Wielder

Birthday : 1984-12-06

Back to top Go down

Post  3E-hero neos 2011-10-14, 08:56

It's broken, pulled 4 FTK's in a row yesterday. 2 Of those didn't even give my opponent a single turn. I only lost the fifth, making this 80% consistent...
Seriously, Light Pulsar is broken lol.
3E-hero neos
3E-hero neos

Birthday : 1995-06-08

Back to top Go down

Post  darkshinei 2011-10-14, 14:00

Not broken really
i ll make a Dragon Decks ; and i ll put cannon on it lol
i ll play a basic dragons style and if i get a chance i ll use cannon effect ^_^
darkshinei
darkshinei

Back to top Go down

Post  3E-hero neos 2011-10-14, 17:53

darkshinei wrote:Not broken really
i ll make a Dragon Decks ; and i ll put cannon on it lol
i ll play a basic dragons style and if i get a chance i ll use cannon effect ^_^

I made this one in about 5 to 10 minutes:

Total(40):

Monsters(21):
3X Blue-Eyes White Dragon
2X Blue-Eyes Toon Dragon
2X Dragunity Phalanx
3X Light Pulsar Dragon
3X Red-Eyes Darkness Metal Dragon
2X Red-Eyes Wyvern
3X The White Stone of Legend
3X Toon Cannon Soldier

Spells(16):
3X Cards of Consconance
3X Dragon Ravine
1X Future Fusion
1X Monster Reborn
2X Terraforming
3X Toon Table of Contents
3X Trade-In

Traps(3):
2X Solemn Warning
1X Solemn Judgment

Extra Deck(15):
2X Five-Headed Dragon
1X Black-Winged Dragon
1X Brionac, Dragon of the Ice Barrier
1X Colossal Fighter
1X Iron Chain Dragon
1X Scrap Dragon
1X Stardust Dragon
1X T.G. Hyper Librarian
2X Trident Dragion
1X Daigusto Emeral
1X Evigishiki Merrowgeist
1X Lavalval Chain
1X Numbers 39. Utopia

Now this is made in a really short amount of time and there's probably room for improvement, but try telling me the deck aint broken without lying to me LOL.
3E-hero neos
3E-hero neos

Back to top Go down

Post  OverlordMMM 2011-10-14, 20:12

The deck is not broken.

Did I succeed at your challenge? lol
OverlordMMM
OverlordMMM

Back to top Go down

Post  Metta World Peace 2011-10-14, 20:22

I love the pulsar ftk/otk. But I gotta say this is not broken as people think. Veiler wrecks this and it's easy to side deck against. With that being said, I hope konami doesn't ban toon cannon soldier.
Metta World Peace
Metta World Peace

Birthday : 1995-05-15

Back to top Go down

Post  Zephyr 2011-10-14, 23:12

Lethal Interjection™ wrote:I love the pulsar ftk/otk. But I gotta say this is not broken as people think. Veiler wrecks this and it's easy to side deck against. With that being said, I hope konami doesn't ban toon cannon soldier.

It would be sad if the first thing Konami would do for toons after pretty much tossing them aside like a used tissue would be to ban one of their members.
Zephyr
Zephyr

Back to top Go down

Post  Twilight Sparkle 2011-10-15, 00:02

No No No they arnt gona banned the Toons if anything they will banned Light Pulsar Dragon
xD'

Witch is werid i run into that deck all the time they just never can seem to pull off the combo

Any backfeild recks the deck and i run 6 traps......
Twilight Sparkle
Twilight Sparkle

Birthday : 1993-10-30

Back to top Go down

Post  Tcbskater 2011-10-15, 01:53

Gxmaster wrote:No No No they arnt gona banned the Toons if anything they will banned Light Pulsar Dragon
xD'

Witch is werid i run into that deck all the time they just never can seem to pull off the combo

With Solemn Warning running rampant, it's just so easy to stop this deck, unless it's a FTK.
Tcbskater
Tcbskater

Birthday : 1994-03-10

http://www.clocktowergaming.com

Back to top Go down

Post  3E-hero neos 2011-10-15, 03:55

Uhh..

Consider this, you start, you pull FTK(I get it very very often). How big is the chance the opponent has at least 1 Veiler out of 5 cards in the hand and 35(+) left in deck?
In addition, the deck has such a ridiculous amount of Draw Power, chances of drawing 1 or more MST or a Heavy are pretty big(in a single turn I go from 35 to 22 cards left, if not 18).
Also, the format doesn't have a lot of backrow, and if you want to get rid of pesky Veiler/D.D.Crow, then use Debunk or something to negate them, although it would be OTK, not FTK.

If people run the deck and can't pull the combo they are either dumb or don't know how to play the deck.

With that being said, most people would main max 2 Veiler's, unless they got plenty of space, and Crow is used, but a bit less.
So, if you run 2 Veiler's, in a 40 card deck, and the opponent starts, you have 5 cards in the hand. Like I said, the chance of holding a Veiler at that point is small.

I'm going to say this once more, when the opponent starts he will most likely FTK or OTK the following turn. Which means, with FTK you rely on Veiler and Crow and with OTK you might have the chance to use backrow, but the deck has 2 MST, 1 Heavy, 1 Solemn J. So with the ridiculous amount of draw power you'll most likely draw into one of them.

With that all being said, I just can say, it's probably mistranslated and will change into a When....you can....effect.

/End of rant.

Oh and OverlordMMM, you didn't pass the test :P.
3E-hero neos
3E-hero neos

Back to top Go down

Post  Twilight Sparkle 2011-10-15, 03:59

~,~' Then i been getting lucky with a bucnh of scrubs ~.~'
Twilight Sparkle
Twilight Sparkle

Birthday : 1993-10-30

Back to top Go down

Post  DarkRiku 2011-10-15, 04:01

Another fact is the deck can just beat you down into the ground if you don't have the FTK option open.
DarkRiku
DarkRiku
Keyblade Wielder
Keyblade Wielder

Back to top Go down

Post  3E-hero neos 2011-10-16, 12:06

Gxmaster wrote:~,~' Then i been getting lucky with a bucnh of scrubs ~.~'

So true xD.

DarkRiku wrote:Another fact is the deck can just beat you down into the ground if you don't have the FTK option open.

So true, but that's the old Dragon style, they just got a whole new way of playing.

I think, that even when the wording is changed into a when....you can....it's still a good card. Okay no amazing FTK/OTK but it's still a card that's easy to ram into Mirror Force/Stardust/bunch of other cards. And then Summon REDMD(best target).

So yea, this card won't disappoint, even if they change the wording to kill the loop.
3E-hero neos
3E-hero neos

Back to top Go down

Post  Badass_Bunny 2011-10-16, 12:19

Tcbskater wrote:
Gxmaster wrote:No No No they arnt gona banned the Toons if anything they will banned Light Pulsar Dragon
xD'

With Solemn Warning running rampant, it's just so easy to stop this deck, unless it's a FTK.

Substitoad is banned, your argument in invalid...
Badass_Bunny
Badass_Bunny
Smexy Duelist
Smexy Duelist

Birthday : 1996-04-17

Back to top Go down

Post  Miror B. 2011-10-16, 12:22

Tcbskater wrote:
xD'

Saying Solemn Warning balances the deck is like saying Shi En is perfectly balanced because you can Solemn Warning it. It's a bad arguement.
Miror B.
Miror B.

Back to top Go down

Post  raidou 2011-10-18, 13:01

xD'

i doubt itll happen before sep 2012
raidou
raidou

Back to top Go down

Post  Tsunayoshi 2011-10-21, 19:49

Nothing about this loop is as bad as the burn FTKs we have seen in the past. Its insanely vulnerable to Veiler, either by hitting REDMD or (Toon)Cannon Soldier. Its chances of gaining victory without the opening turn are drasticly low because it also extremely vulnerable to Warning and Solemn.

The best case scenario for the loop pieces if hit late would leave them with two beatsticks on the field and the worst would be nothing with no means of trying again on the next turn.
Tsunayoshi
Tsunayoshi

Birthday : 1987-09-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Potus-Mat 2011-10-21, 20:37

Tsunayoshi wrote:Nothing about this loop is as bad as the burn FTKs we have seen in the past. Its insanely vulnerable to Veiler, either by hitting REDMD or (Toon)Cannon Soldier. Its chances of gaining victory without the opening turn are drasticly low because it also extremely vulnerable to Warning and Solemn.
The best case scenario for the loop pieces if hit late would leave them with two beatsticks on the field and the worst would be nothing with no means of trying again on the next turn.
Wow, you have been gone for a while...
Axel and I dueled each other with our builds of this. Every game was an FTK.
Potus-Mat
Potus-Mat

Birthday : 1994-03-13

Back to top Go down

Post  012yArthur0 2011-10-21, 21:16

Tcbskater wrote:
xD'

People and this argument about Solemn to negate the loop should think a little more before posting.

The fact that Solemn negate the summon doesn't mean it is not broken,if not, I could just Solemn Chaos Emperor Dragon stopping all the Yata-Garasu lockdown thing.

In fact, just because something can be stopped doesn't mean that is balanced/not broken. Otherwise, all the banned card could just come back, since all of them can be negated.
012yArthur0
012yArthur0

Birthday : 1997-02-28

Back to top Go down

Post  Tsunayoshi 2011-10-21, 21:49

Potus-Mat wrote:
Tsunayoshi wrote:Nothing about this loop is as bad as the burn FTKs we have seen in the past. Its insanely vulnerable to Veiler, either by hitting REDMD or (Toon)Cannon Soldier. Its chances of gaining victory without the opening turn are drasticly low because it also extremely vulnerable to Warning and Solemn.

The only thing that makes this loop more tolerable is because there is more risk involved in having one of the summons stopped. Not saying its not inconsistent, considering I have seen several people getting off FTKs with it, but having a limited window where a win can be grabbed with ease means it is more tolerable.
Tsunayoshi
Tsunayoshi

Back to top Go down

Post  DarkRiku 2011-10-22, 03:49

Tsunayoshi wrote:
Potus-Mat wrote:

The only thing that makes this loop more tolerable is because there is more risk involved in having one of the summons stopped. Not saying its not inconsistent, considering I have seen several people getting off FTKs with it, but having a limited window where a win can be grabbed with ease means it is more tolerable.

Isn't that by nature what a FTK is? If it is not pulled off then the deck usually lost it's chance to win.
DarkRiku
DarkRiku
Keyblade Wielder
Keyblade Wielder

Back to top Go down

Post  Tsunayoshi 2011-10-22, 04:40

DarkRiku wrote:
Tsunayoshi wrote:
Potus-Mat wrote:

Isn't that by nature what a FTK is? If it is not pulled off then the deck usually lost it's chance to win.

FrogTK and a few others in the past had far better chances though outside of their first turn because they didnt have to invest into the field as much. Most only needed a monster or two on the field and then cut loose with Mass Driver or an appropriate burn effect.

Pulsar Cannon on the other hand once it gets outside of the opening turn would be better served abandoning the chances of FTK and going for a beatdown or control win off possible because of needing to drop 3 monsters at once while avoiding being hit with a Veiler, Warning, Solemn, or other forms of GFYS that can shut down the loop and leave the deck vulnerable.
Tsunayoshi
Tsunayoshi

Back to top Go down

Post  yukkiyuk98 2011-10-23, 11:33

https://2img.net/r/ihimizer/img38/7/comparel.png
Card Errata. FTK does not work any more. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

yukkiyuk98

Back to top Go down

Post  Potus-Mat 2011-10-23, 12:40

yukkiyuk98 wrote:https://2img.net/r/ihimizer/img38/7/comparel.png
I love you.
Potus-Mat
Potus-Mat

Back to top Go down

Post  Tsunayoshi 2011-10-23, 13:20

yukkiyuk98 wrote:https://2img.net/r/ihimizer/img38/7/comparel.png

If that means its gone from if to when, then that would mean its done and gone.
Tsunayoshi
Tsunayoshi

Back to top Go down

Post  DarkRiku 2011-10-23, 13:30

Problem solved then. Move along folks the show is over.
DarkRiku
DarkRiku
Keyblade Wielder
Keyblade Wielder

Back to top Go down

Post  012yArthur0 2011-10-23, 13:37

I don't get it, what happened to the FTK?
012yArthur0
012yArthur0

Birthday : 1997-02-28

Back to top Go down

Post  Tsunayoshi 2011-10-23, 13:40

012yArthur0 wrote:I don't get it, what happened to the FTK?

The change may have had something to do with Light Pulsar going to the grave. Instead of the mandatory "if" that would allow it to activate even when trib'd for Cannon Soldier, to "when" which would make it miss timing because the last thing to happen would be Cannon Soldier inflicting damage and not Light Pulsar going to the grave, effectively preventing the loop as we understood it from working.
Tsunayoshi
Tsunayoshi

Back to top Go down

Post  Saturn 2011-10-23, 14:39

And it was on the Sunday a voice screamed down from the heavens and declared "Thou shall hath not to deal with the Cannon-Pulsar FTK any longer"
Saturn
Saturn

Birthday : 1996-02-07

Back to top Go down

Post  celestialPilot 2011-10-25, 00:40

Sorry to rain on your parade, but...

It DOES work.

Maybe.

It depends if the magazine scan is accurate or not.

I went and compared LPD to Vairon Material and Blackwing - Breeze the Zephyr, as well as comparing Peten, Poison Draw Frog, and Vairon Element.

Light Pulsar, Material, and Breeze all contain "場合", while Peten, Draw Frog, and Element do not.

Peten, Draw Frog, and Material on the other hand all contain "時", which neither Pulsar, Element, or Breeze have.

"場合" is "baai", which is the word used for "if".

Cards that are translated "when" use "時" or "toki".

The magazine scan is clear as can be. There's no way anyone mistranslated it.

So unless the magazine scan had incorrect text to begin with, then Pulsar should still be regarded as a "If" optional effect monster.
celestialPilot
celestialPilot

Birthday : 1990-08-09

Back to top Go down

Post  Roxzen 2011-10-25, 00:59

This is why I hate multiple topics on similar things.

Roxzen wrote:Toon Cannon Burn Loop OTK / FTK Comparel

The bottom picture is the magazine scan while the top picture is from Konami product page magnified several times. The scan was leaked before Konami put up the product on their site. So, if you look at the latter scan, it looks, at least how the translators decipher it, like "時" or "toki".

It could be the earlier leak was a misprinted card or Konami realized their mistake and edited it before putting it up on their page, or they purposely leak the wrong scan to troll D-Net.

*shrugs* I suppose it's safe not to play with unconfirmed cards until you know, they are confirmed. <_<
Roxzen
Roxzen

Back to top Go down

Post  celestialPilot 2011-10-25, 01:05

I would have it removed from DN until it's effect is 100% visible because that blurry piece of garbage is blurry and also a piece of garbage.

The Magazine scan is very clearly visible as saying "場合" while the digital blown up copy could be either.
celestialPilot
celestialPilot

Birthday : 1990-08-09

Back to top Go down

Post  Roxzen 2011-10-25, 01:08

celestialPilot wrote:I would have it removed from DN until it's effect is 100% visible because that blurry piece of garbage is blurry and also a piece of garbage.
I second this notion.
Roxzen
Roxzen

Back to top Go down

Post  NinjaMime93 2011-10-30, 22:21

I 3rd the notion. I've been beaten by this ftk 1 too many times. Once.
NinjaMime93
NinjaMime93

Back to top Go down

Post  Tsunayoshi 2011-10-31, 02:46

I've run into the loop once and the guy ragequit when I explained that it doesnt work as printed currently on DN.

That said, you think Konami would have known better because the "loop" was incredibly easy to figure out.
Tsunayoshi
Tsunayoshi

Back to top Go down

Post  garudasamurai 2011-10-31, 18:14

IMO, Konami just likes to troll, a lot.

garudasamurai

Back to top Go down

Post  Darklord Blackout 2011-11-03, 19:25

Pulsar would never get hit thats so dumb bad for marketing. They'd ban toon cannon soldier.. makes perfect sense its the card that allows the ftk to work. If pulsar has no toon cannon soldier or even cannon soldier itself than it cant ftk. And you can solemn any type of monster so using solemn as a reason why this ftk is bad is a horrile argument... You can solemn a BLS or JD and both are broken/overpowering.
Darklord Blackout
Darklord Blackout

https://www.youtube.com/user/Deceptasewell?feature=mhee

Back to top Go down

Post  .:HadoukenBlue:. 2011-11-03, 19:27

Miror B. wrote:
Tcbskater wrote:
xD'

Saying Solemn Warning balances the deck is like saying Shi En is perfectly balanced because you can Solemn Warning it. It's a bad arguement.

Remember that one time on YCM....

FTK doesn't work
thread is stupid
.:HadoukenBlue:.

Birthday : 1996-12-24

Back to top Go down

Post  Potus-Mat 2011-11-03, 19:27

Darklord Blackout wrote:Pulsar would never get hit thats so dumb bad for marketing. They'd ban toon cannon soldier.. makes perfect sense its the card that allows the ftk to work. If pulsar has no toon cannon soldier or even cannon soldier itself than it cant ftk. And you can solemn any type of monster so using solemn as a reason why this ftk is bad is a horrile argument... You can solemn a BLS or JD and both are broken/overpowering.
Pulsar missing the timing. Ergo, this thread is now pointless.
Potus-Mat
Potus-Mat

Back to top Go down

Post  .:HadoukenBlue:. 2011-11-03, 19:30

Potus-Mat wrote:
Darklord Blackout wrote:Pulsar would never get hit thats so dumb bad for marketing. They'd ban toon cannon soldier.. makes perfect sense its the card that allows the ftk to work. If pulsar has no toon cannon soldier or even cannon soldier itself than it cant ftk. And you can solemn any type of monster so using solemn as a reason why this ftk is bad is a horrile argument... You can solemn a BLS or JD and both are broken/overpowering.
Pulsar missing the timing. Ergo, this thread is now pointless.

Y U NO LOCK THREAD IF POINTLESS

Birthday : 1996-12-24

Back to top Go down

Post  _retro_reactive 2011-11-03, 19:33

i use this deck too but no pulsar or red eyes.....first deck had a bunch of random stuff but really all you need is the exodia engine and replace the 5 pieces for these five cards...(Toon cannon soldier,imperial iron wall,quill bolt the hedgehog,glow or plaguespreader to send them from your hand to grave with dark world dealing or hand destruction, and dark bribe to protect imperial iron wall.....full proof everytime....unless they have two mst in their hand...

_retro_reactive

Back to top Go down

Post  Roxzen 2011-11-03, 21:21

Now What? wrote:
Potus-Mat wrote:Pulsar missing the timing. Ergo, this thread is now pointless.

Y U NO LOCK THREAD IF POINTLESS
D-Net Moderator (Green Name) are powerless on the forum, save for their status (because status is power).

Imma report myself so we can get this pointless thread locked.

EDIT: Blargh, I can't report my own post. Neutral
Roxzen
Roxzen

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down