Dueling Network Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Today's Weather, Extensively Cloudy!- Cloudian Article

+4
Red_Chaos
Karakuri911
maskedhero303
Master Jordan
8 posters

Go down

Today's Weather, Extensively Cloudy!- Cloudian Article Empty Today's Weather, Extensively Cloudy!- Cloudian Article

Post  Master Jordan 2011-11-13, 16:00

*A note before we begin*
This acrtule not compete yet, as tests have keeped me from doing so (and mw3)but i thought i might as well upload it anyway just because. But it should be done by Friday at most Done!
Also this is my 1st time writing an acrtule so be nice plz.

Aaaah, Cloudians one of my fav forgoten types.The Cloudians are a strange bunch of monster split into three diffent types: One being a WATER Attributed Fairys, one other being WIND attirbuted Aquas and the last few being Fiends. A lot of Cloudian also cant be destoryed by battle as long as there in attack possion with is both their stong point and weakness. But where this exsel at it spraying Fog conters on monsters and using them to gain there effects so there can be a lot indenth strategy that can go into these lost beauties. For now im going to focus this acrtule on the use of the fog counters.

The Main Clouds

Spoiler:

The Cold Support
Spoiler:

Cloud deck
Spoiler:

Conclusion
Cloudians play a very "passive:aggressive" style of play and do take time to master due to this. But learning when to attack is key to these cards. Attack too soon youll be beaten down and attacking too late will lay your end with there trap cards. However, with good patient and careful plays,
Cloudians...

Will blow your opponent away.
"insert CSI Yeeaaaa here"

Last edited by jordanrockz on 2011-12-02, 21:42; edited 12 times in total
Master Jordan
Master Jordan

Back to top Go down

Today's Weather, Extensively Cloudy!- Cloudian Article Empty Re: Today's Weather, Extensively Cloudy!- Cloudian Article

Post  maskedhero303 2011-11-13, 16:22

Not bad so far, but I think you should say how many of each cloudian should be run. Also, I don't know if you're planning on doing this, but you could write a couple of strategies down, just to get people started when they make the deck. Maybe a basic skeleton deck could be added as well.
maskedhero303
maskedhero303

Back to top Go down

Today's Weather, Extensively Cloudy!- Cloudian Article Empty Re: Today's Weather, Extensively Cloudy!- Cloudian Article

Post  Master Jordan 2011-11-13, 16:39

maskedhero303 wrote:Not bad so far, but I think you should say how many of each cloudian should be run. Also, I don't know if you're planning on doing this, but you could write a couple of strategies down, just to get people started when they make the deck. Maybe a basic skeleton deck could be added as well.

Yeah, i was planing on doing these just wanted to get the genral outline done 1st then go back and perfect whats left.
Master Jordan
Master Jordan

Back to top Go down

Post  Master Jordan 2011-11-13, 18:23

Update: added new support cards and a basic cloudian deck.
Master Jordan
Master Jordan

Back to top Go down

Post  Karakuri911 2011-11-13, 20:10

May I suggest Zerias for the sanctuaries?
Karakuri911
Karakuri911

Back to top Go down

Post  Master Jordan 2011-11-17, 17:20

Update: added a few more support cards. now i will work on the deck better.
Master Jordan
Master Jordan

Back to top Go down

Post  Red_Chaos 2011-11-17, 18:27

nice article so far keep up the work
Red_Chaos
Red_Chaos

Birthday : 1990-12-30

Back to top Go down

Post  Vincent 2011-11-17, 20:04

Extremely iffy on the basic deck concept you posted. Dead draws are very likely, too many tribute monsters without a good line of tributes (Sheep, Storm, and Acid. I'm assuming you want the heralds to stay in hand no?). I also don't think this article gives people enough of an idea of HOW they want to play Cloudians. Personal success for me came from using Cirro and Acid to control my opponent's field presence while relying on Cloudian's innate ability to stall given the correct support. I mixed them with a handful of splashables, general fairies, and counter fairies for best results. Other ways you can run them are in the attempts of creating a burn deck with Natural Disaster(s) and Athena(s). Orange Herald is probably the one worth promoting the most, being the more useful of the 3, since S/Ts can be handled in many other, more suitable ways. Divine Punishment is also not a bad choice, considering Sanctuary is almost guaranteed to be ran in 3s in the deck.

Having said all that, nice to see someone making a thread on these even after their synchro arc died out. A great casual deck to show the people.

One last note: We need to get some grammar nazis up in this thread. The op could use a little more clarity.
Vincent
Vincent

Back to top Go down

Post  OverlordMMM 2011-11-17, 23:58

Don't forget the Meklords. They are a great way to splash in random beatsticks into the mix.
OverlordMMM
OverlordMMM

Back to top Go down

Post  Vincent 2011-11-18, 00:20

That's true, very true. I tried making Clouds today (burn). I've lost my touch. Had a really tough time getting in everything needed at a cap of 40. I shall continue to try and share anything I learn to help this thread.
Vincent
Vincent

Back to top Go down

Post  Master Jordan 2011-11-18, 13:54

-.- posted wrong deck, fixed.

thanks you for the feedback Vincent, i competely forgot about the strangies.
Master Jordan
Master Jordan

Back to top Go down

Post  Vincent 2011-11-18, 20:35

Muuuuuch better. Though I'd still recommend making room for a third Storm Dragon. He's better for counters than Squall with Heavy Storm and 3 MSTs running about.
Vincent
Vincent

Back to top Go down

Post  Barricade 2011-11-22, 16:36

The Cold Support
Or theCloud Support?
Barricade
Barricade

Birthday : 1995-07-17

Back to top Go down

Post  Master Jordan 2011-11-29, 04:30

na, wanted to mix thing up a bit is all.
Master Jordan
Master Jordan

Back to top Go down

Post  brutalsatyr 2011-12-05, 15:37

I see you forgot cloudian-poison cloud (not that you'd actually run it in a cloudian deck but it has a pretty nice effect) and lucky cloud (in combination with sheep can work but is basically dead draw at most)
brutalsatyr
brutalsatyr

Birthday : 1992-07-28

Back to top Go down

Post  Master Jordan 2011-12-05, 15:51

I purposely left out Poison Cloud out as his effect didn't really fit in to the cloudians at all. And I forgot about Lucky Cloud will add.
Master Jordan
Master Jordan

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down