Dueling Network Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ruling Question I have sources.

+6
Miror B.
BlackwingRa
Ultimate lol
RareHunter
Thanax42
Seirenae
10 posters

Go down

Solved Ruling Question I have sources.

Post  Seirenae 2011-11-20, 02:40

So, I have two D.D. Scout Planes in my grave. I have royal decree on the field. I have Light Barrier on the field. I draw a card and then on my stand by phase I toss a coin for Light Barrier's effect. The result of the toss is "Heads". I have a monster on the field. I activate Dark Hole, I destroy my monster, and my opponent destroys all of his /her monsters. I then activate Valhalla, hall of the fallen and use its effect to special summon Arcana Force XXI - The World and with Light Barrier's effect active because the result this turn was "Heads" I choose the "heads" version of Arcana Force XXI - The World's effect. Then I normal summon Bazoo the Soul-Eater. I then active his effect (i.e. Bazoo's effect) and I remove from play the two D.D. Scout Planes that are in my graveyard. I then go to the End Phase and I special summon the two D.D. Scout Planes with their effects. Still the End phase I send them both to the graveyard with Arcana Force XXI - The World's effect thus skipping my opponent's turn. (Note: since my opponent hasn't had a turn Bazoo still continues to have +600 attack from his effect that states this; "Once per turn, you can remove from play up to 3 Monster Cards from your Graveyard. This card gains 300 ATK for each card removed, until the end of your opponent's next turn.") Since it is then my draw phase I draw a card. I then use Bazoo's effect again yet again increasing his attack while also removing from play the two D.D. Scout Planes. I then attack him directly and go to the End Phase whereby I repeat the process of special summoning and tributing for The World's effect and skipping my opponent's turn. It is then my turn again, I draw, attack and repeat the process of skipping his turn till I have reduced his life points to zero. Now, the problem is that not many people understand this process or The World effect so once during a game whist I was using the process stated above my opponent didn't believe that that was how The World's effect actually worked instead thinking that I would only get his effect during the turn he was summoned. Now there is a misleading piece of text on The World that might cause some to see it this way but read it carefully and you will see that his "heads" effect indeed even his "tails" effect apply during every one of my turns (during my End Phase to be exact) not just during the turn he is summoned. I will now show you his card text and you can see for yourself: "When this card is Summoned, toss a coin. ● Heads: During your End Phase, you can send 2 monsters you control to the Graveyard to skip your opponent's next turn. ● Tails: During your opponent's Draw Phase, add the top card of their Graveyard to their hand.". As you can see his card text does indeed say "when this card is Summoned" but this portion only applies to the coin toss meaning when you summon this card you toss a coin (or use an effect to select his "heads" effect without tossing a coin [I.e. with the effect of Light Barrier]) and whichever result you get is applied for as long as he remains face-up on the field. According to an admin which was called on me by the opponent stated above I am incorrect however I strongly disagree. If you would be so kind as to respond to this argument with your constructive criticisms I would kindly thank you for your efforts. I will now list my sources: ●http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/World_Lock#D.D.Scout_Plane.2FStrike_Ninja_Method
●http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Arcana_Force_XXI_-_The_World
●http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Bazoo_the_Soul-Eater
●http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/D.D._Scout_Plane
●http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Light_Barrier
●http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Royal_Decree

Thank you very much for taking the to read and verify for yourself this arduously long argument. I appreciate your help with me on this.

Seirenae

Birthday : 1992-09-27

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Ruling Question I have sources.

Post  Thanax42 2011-11-20, 03:10

Oh god this reminds me of the yaata lock... I knew the World arcana had this kind of potential... on a side note, try to keep your posts shorter, just an advice.
If it works like that, and Isee no reason why it shouldnt, then it´s unbeliable.
Thanax42
Thanax42

Birthday : 1988-11-12

Back to top Go down

Post  Seirenae 2011-11-20, 03:13

I'm sorry about the length of the post I tend to explain things in detail. I wanted it to have as much detail and support as it was able. Thank you for your reply, Thanax!

Seirenae

Back to top Go down

Post  RareHunter 2011-11-20, 03:38

XXI lock need luck nothing wrong in ur post Smile
I know Konami will make more broken card to make duelist forget bout XXI lock or World Lock Evil or Very Mad

an old World Lockdown
Spoiler:
RareHunter
RareHunter

Birthday : 1992-08-16

Back to top Go down

Post  Ultimate lol 2011-11-20, 04:47

The lock is familiar to me except for the Bazoo part so I will not comment on that.
You can indeed build the chain in the endphase for the worlds upkeep. And the worlds skip turn effect is not only the turn is summoned (clear by all the other variant on the world lock).

Where did the mod think you where wrong?
Ultimate lol
Ultimate lol

Birthday : 1990-12-16

Back to top Go down

Post  BlackwingRa 2011-11-20, 05:23

Which dumb mod didn't agree on this? This is perfect lock, and it is perfectly legal.
BlackwingRa
BlackwingRa

Birthday : 1991-10-02

Back to top Go down

Post  Seirenae 2011-11-21, 19:27

Thank you all for commenting on my post and for your criticisms. The name of the admin was "! yh" although I'm not sure on the exact amount of spaces that he/she used. I'm not really mad or anything. I just wanted things to be clear so that the next time I use that deck and an admin is called on me that that admin will know that this strategy is wholly legal. And also that "The World" effect does work every one of my turns not just the turn he is summoned.

Seirenae

Back to top Go down

Post  BlackwingRa 2011-11-21, 20:11

Most of the green admin on DN is ... quite stupid! There are only few that I trusts.
BlackwingRa
BlackwingRa

Back to top Go down

Post  Miror B. 2011-11-22, 02:33

BlackwingRa wrote:Most of the green admin on DN is ... quite stupid! There are only few that I trusts.
Stupid post.
Don't go insulting mods for 1 instance of getting the wrong ruling. Nobody ever talks about when they get a right one, so you don't know how many they've done correctly for the one wrong one.
Miror B.
Miror B.

Back to top Go down

Post  DefiniteOtaku 2011-11-22, 02:40

Miror B. wrote:
BlackwingRa wrote:Most of the green admin on DN is ... quite stupid! There are only few that I trusts.
Stupid post.
Don't go insulting mods for 1 instance of getting the wrong ruling. Nobody ever talks about when they get a right one, so you don't know how many they've done correctly for the one wrong one.

Finally, someone understands how this works.
We bust our humps all day giving rulings, and people crawl up our arses as soon as we make one wrong ruling, but brush off all the others, no matter how good and consistent they are.
+ Reped
DefiniteOtaku
DefiniteOtaku
Chaotic Stupid
Chaotic Stupid

Birthday : 1992-10-28

Back to top Go down

Post  LuzCeleste 2011-11-22, 02:46

Umm... your grammar makes... me want to say soemthing....

But really you shouldn't criticize the mods... I've been a mod myself in a few forums... no one ever says anything about all the right decisions and as soon as we make a bad one it becomes a big deal x_x ....

I'm sure they got picked to be mods for a good reason, everyone makes mistakes.

On topic: My friend has locked me down with the world before, it's legit.
LuzCeleste
LuzCeleste

Birthday : 1990-01-14

Back to top Go down

Post  RareHunter 2011-11-22, 03:58

not most of them but few of them..
exm my case: when duel w/ "Geartown" 2 times (1 from Call Admin Button, 2nd from CAPSLOCK in Public Chat) i call Mod (Green one is Moderator, not Admin (look on DN FAQs)). Both of them didn't believe w/ Pojo's link and wikia's ruling that i gave.. finallty i call Grey ID one (It's not Chief nor Miley Syrus+) by Private Chat.. Thank God, all of them (2 Mods and my opp)could understand Ruling Question I have sources. 2859867778

if u have Ruling's problem just PM Grey ID
if others? just click Admin Button Smile
RareHunter
RareHunter

Birthday : 1992-08-16

Back to top Go down

Post  kangtuji 2011-11-22, 04:15

The problem is.... I am colorblind (no kidding)
I cann't see which one is green, which one is grey...

Either way... I prefer forum because its publicity access, everyone can particpate unlike in-game, unless somehow we got a separate channel for rulings, they're doing in privately. Some of them even ended with ban according to forum posts few days ago. Public Chat = AutoBan, esp if you have a strike, wrong or not

So... always ask rulings in forum, even it slower, but it more fair
kangtuji
kangtuji

Back to top Go down

Post  BlackwingRa 2011-11-22, 05:01

I'm not criticized, but you guys make more mistakes than you know it, and for Kangtuji, maybe you can try to remember some mod that usually on at the time you're on.
BlackwingRa
BlackwingRa

Back to top Go down

Post  Key 2011-11-22, 10:13

LuzCeleste wrote:
But really you shouldn't criticize the mods... I've been a mod myself in a few forums... no one ever says anything about all the right decisions and as soon as we make a bad one it becomes a big deal x_x ....

Mods on the forums are quite different than admins in game
Mods on the forums are not elected because how powerful their ruling knowledge are, however in-game, it's completely opposite.

And yes, some admins are picked without a good reason ...
Key
Key
←↓Ruling Scrubbie↑→
←↓Ruling Scrubbie↑→

Birthday : 1994-11-29

Back to top Go down

Post  LuzCeleste 2011-11-22, 12:15

Key wrote:
LuzCeleste wrote:

Mods on the forums are quite different than admins in game
Mods on the forums are not elected because how powerful their ruling knowledge are, however in-game, it's completely opposite.

And yes, some admins are picked without a good reason ...
no I know they are different I was just comparing the situations ... Also I don't ever do ranked matches ... So I've only had the pleasure of dealing with 1 admin in the game, which was a really fun duel and he was really nice, so I can't speak for all of them, but so far I have had a good experience... I was simply saying I can empathize with the mods and admins as honestly this game is very very confusing and I'm sure that they got picked for admins for some reason ... Whatever reason that might be... I'm not sure who picks, but there had to be a reson.... Obviously you could just dismiss me as guessing, as I said I haven't had much experience with them ._.

Sorry I didn't mean to derail the thread either even Though it's mostly done anyway.
LuzCeleste
LuzCeleste

Birthday : 1990-01-14

Back to top Go down

Post  Seirenae 2011-11-22, 19:44

I didn't mean to insult any admin. All I wanted is for this to be cleared up so I can continue using my deck. I thank you all for your help.

Seirenae

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down