Dueling Network Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

XX-Saber Faultroll

4 posters

Go down

Solved XX-Saber Faultroll

Post  76Cent 2011-11-29, 11:07

XX-Saber Faultroll's card text is as follows:

Cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. This card cannot be Special Summoned except while you control 2 or more face-up "X-Saber" monsters. Once per turn, you can Special Summon 1 level 4 or lower "X-Saber" monster from your Graveyard.

Based on my understanding of the English language XX-Saber Faultroll can only be special summoned when you control 2 or more face-up XX-Saber monsters but his card text fails to mention of an ability that says that he can special summon himself.

As I reference I chose the card: Cloudian - Storm Dragon

Who's card text is as follows:

This card cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. This card can only be Special Summoned by removing from play 1 "Cloudian" monster from your Graveyard. This card cannot be destroyed by battle. If this card is in face-up Defense Position, destroy it. Once per turn, you can place 1 Fog Counter on 1 monster on the field.

In this specific card, there is a phrase here which cannot go misinterpreted: Special Summoned by

Please correct my understanding of this card by responding back with an explanation of why my thought process of the manner is incorrect. Thank you.

- 76Cent
76Cent
76Cent

Birthday : 1993-10-04

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: XX-Saber Faultroll

Post  Jfc993 2011-11-29, 12:05

The difference is that the cloudian is summoned with a cost. Faultroll has no cost so it is just like syncros, JD, DAD/// Etc.

If Faultroll said "This can only be special summoned by its effect." then it would be the issue of changing the card entirely. "I declare the activation of faultroll.", Opponent flips mind crush and crushes it. I refer you to Fabled Chawa vs Mind crush.

Jfc993

Back to top Go down

Post  XVI 2011-11-29, 12:49

Faultroll drops himself the exact same way Cydra drops himself to the field. You do not need to declare anything.

XVI

Back to top Go down

Post  storyteller 2011-11-29, 18:21

I think he's more referring to the fact that the card text seems to only mean that you can use other effects to special summon faultroll "while you control 2 or more "X-saber" monsters", no that the card itself has the effect (or rather a condition) that allows itself to be special summoned.

Just remember it that way. "This card cannot be Special Summoned except ~" is the standard text for a Nomi monster's summoning condition, and means that you can special summon the card (from the hand) when the conditions are met, without aid from any other cards.
storyteller
storyteller

Birthday : 1991-10-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Jfc993 2011-11-30, 00:54

XVI wrote:Faultroll drops himself the exact same way Cydra drops himself to the field. You do not need to declare anything.
I know that.... That is because just like every other card like him self He has a condition... not an effect...

What he is stating is that you ss it by an effect... If that was the case then you would have to declare it... And inturn changing that little text he wants to change would cause a complete change in summoning..

Jfc993

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum