Dueling Network Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Multiple Rulings

+5
Mewtwo
Magicknight94
BlackwingRa
Tcbskater
Barricade
9 posters

Go down

Solved Multiple Rulings

Post  Barricade 2011-12-03, 15:21

instead of just repeatedly making topics for small rulings many know, im just gonna keep using this one for questions i have (Im hoping)

1.Elemental Hero Prisma, you can target E-hero AZ to send any HERO to the grave, but not the attribute it needs?

2. If diamond dude sends a normal spell to the grave, but is also send to the grave before the next turn, i do get the spell effect?

3. Light And Darkness Dragon, how many times can it negate? will it stop losing atk/def if he cannot take the -500?

Opp field= Facedown "Six style - Dual wield" "Dimensional prison" and face up "Six Samurai: Kamon"

My Field= (Faceup)Harvest, Angel of Wisdom + Sanctuary in the sky. Facedown Divine Punishment. In hand Van'Dalgyon.

Harvest attacks, he used prison, i use punishment, and with the counter i summon VD. Once VD uses its effect, is this part of the chain? or hiding somewhere in the middle? or does it start a new chain once the first (Between counter and non counter) is finished?

5. can Spell Striker S.S itself from the grave?

6. Laval Lady of Burning lake: If there are 3 or more different "Laval" monsters in your Graveyard, Does this mean just the number of lavals? or the actual name of them, like tender : When this card is sent to the Graveyard while a "Laval" monster other than "Tender of the Laval Volcano"

7: When flamvell firedog destroys a card like TIKI SOU/CURSE, does it still get an effect?

8: I have Slifer the Sky Dragon on the field, with Safe zone on it. Opp has Quasar out. When quasar negates slifers eff, does Safe zone protect it from destruction?

9: Can a trap monster (Tiki Soul / Curse) be flipped face down with a card like book of the moon?

10: Fossil Dyna Vs Stardust assault /OR assault mode.

SD assault attacks Dyna, doesnt dyna flip eff activate during the damage step?

11: Gladiator Beast Sector was S.Sed by a different monster, if it goes to the grave, does it's effect still activate? Sector is not a Return to deck Gladiator.

12: Cards like Hidden Armory + PoD. My opponent normal summoned and then used hidden armory, can he do that? or special then pot of duality

Last edited by Barricade on 2011-12-24, 20:25; edited 8 times in total
Barricade
Barricade

Birthday : 1995-07-17

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Multiple Rulings

Post  Tcbskater 2011-12-03, 15:27

1. You cannot use reveal Absolute Zero using Prisma's effect since it does not have any specific monster requirements.

2. You can utilize Diamond Dude's effect to activate a Normal Spell Card you sent to the graveyard even if he is no longer on the field.

3. Light and Darkness Dragon can negate 4 times until his DEF becomes 400, where he can no longer negate effects. However, when he hits this point, this effect will still activate, but will resolve without effect.
Tcbskater
Tcbskater

Birthday : 1994-03-10

http://www.clocktowergaming.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Barricade 2011-12-03, 16:12

Thank you, i knew i was always doing something wrong with Prisma and Zero
Barricade
Barricade

Back to top Go down

Post  BlackwingRa 2011-12-03, 20:20

For question #2, this is additional info, if the Spell Card that Diamond Dude mill no longer in the grave BEFORE the timing to activate its effect by Diamond Dude is met, you can't activate that Spell Card's effect anymore, even if that Spell Card manage to return to grave later on.
BlackwingRa
BlackwingRa

Birthday : 1991-10-02

Back to top Go down

Post  Barricade 2011-12-05, 15:58

Bumped for new Q
Barricade
Barricade

Back to top Go down

Post  Magicknight94 2011-12-05, 19:16

Van'Dalgyon will active AFTER the current chain (not chain link, nothing can be actived while another effect is resolving) resolve.
Magicknight94
Magicknight94

Back to top Go down

Post  Barricade 2011-12-10, 11:20

Bumped for New Q's
Barricade
Barricade

Back to top Go down

Post  Mewtwo 2011-12-10, 16:31

4. Vandalgyon's effect starts a new chain; nothing lower than spell speed 3 can be chained to a counter trap.
I think it happens in this order: Judgement resolves, Summon Vandy, Harvest attack completes, enter damage step.

Note that you cannot summon Vandy in the damage step, so if your opponent had used shrink, forbidden lance, etc. during the damage step and you negated it with the counter, you would not be able to summon Vandy.

5. No. Whenever a card doesn't specify where you can SS it from, it means you can only do it from your hand.

6. It means they have to have different names.
Mewtwo
Mewtwo

Back to top Go down

Post  Barricade 2011-12-12, 16:33

New Questionn
Barricade
Barricade

Back to top Go down

Post  DragonMaster99 2011-12-12, 16:43

7. No because it doesn't work with Embodiment of Apophis nor Metal Reflect Slime
(Trap Monsters in general)

Last edited by DragonMaster99 on 2011-12-12, 16:46; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added additional info)
DragonMaster99
DragonMaster99

Back to top Go down

Post  Magicknight94 2011-12-12, 19:08

7 ) No, it doesn't. But if something like Nova Master attack and destroy a Trap Monster, Nova Master's effect will active.

8 ) Yes, that is SZ's effect, you know.
Magicknight94
Magicknight94

Back to top Go down

Post  Barricade 2011-12-13, 07:37

Bumped, but also my question is (On Cool will slifer's attack drop to 0? seeing how its continuous eff to keep its attack up?
Barricade
Barricade

Back to top Go down

Post  BlackwingRa 2011-12-13, 07:44

9. A Trap Monster that is flipped face-down by Book of Moon will return to S/T Zone as a Set S/T card.
BlackwingRa
BlackwingRa

Back to top Go down

Post  Barricade 2011-12-14, 17:37

Next Q
Barricade
Barricade

Back to top Go down

Post  Magicknight94 2011-12-14, 18:45

Yes, it will, after damage calculation, and Stardust can negate it. (btw, it is not flip effect, it is trigger effect active when it is flipped.)
Magicknight94
Magicknight94

Back to top Go down

Post  Barricade 2011-12-18, 19:20

Next one
Barricade
Barricade

Back to top Go down

Post  Tcbskater 2011-12-18, 19:26

If “Gladiator Beast Secutor” attacks or is attacked and it is flipped face-down or removed from the field before the end of the Battle Phase, it will not be able to activate its effect to Special Summon 2 “Gladiator Beast” monsters from the Deck, even if it is returned to the field or flipped face-up before the end of the Battle Phase.

http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Card_Rulings:Gladiator_Beast_Secutor
Tcbskater
Tcbskater

Birthday : 1994-03-10

http://www.clocktowergaming.com

Back to top Go down

Post  MrChillmatic 2011-12-19, 03:33

1. You cannot target any monster in this case since ABZero doesn't have specific names as it's fusion material. You can't reveal it using Prisma's eff.

2. Diamond's Dude description says you can :

Once per turn: You can reveal the top card of your Deck, and if it is a Normal Spell Card, send it to the Graveyard, otherwise place it on the bottom of your Deck. During the Main Phase of your next turn, you can activate the effect of that Spell Card in your Graveyard (even if you no longer control this face-up card).
http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Diamond_Dude

3. It can negate 4 times (till it has 800/400 stats). It'll try to negate but can't pay the cost, so card effects won't be negated but it still lose points.

4. Van'Dalgyon will start a new chain, however, it can't be summoned during the damage step.

5. No. General rule is monster SS from the hand unless stated otherwise.
Monsters like Machina Fortress & Dark Simorgh can SS from the grave because it is stated in their descriptions.

6. 3 different names, just like Judgment Dragon.

7: I assume Flamvell can't SS any monster in this case, since it's the rulings used for other trap monsters like "Embodiment of Apophis" & "Metal Reflect Slime".

8: Slifer's eff will be negated, however Safe Zone protect your monster from any form of destruction, so Slifer will be "safe" Razz .

9: It returns to the S/T zone face-down and count as a newly set trap that can't be activated during the same turn.

10: It's eff will activate after damage calculation, but SD can stop it (since it destroys) & destroy Fossil.

11: Secutor's ef activate at the end of BP, so if it was destroyed during the BP, it can't activate it's effect. For it's effect to activate, Secutor must be involved in a battle and survive it.

All of them have been answered previously, just a recap.
MrChillmatic
MrChillmatic

Birthday : 1990-01-09

Back to top Go down

Post  inpachi 2011-12-20, 20:29

Barricade wrote:instead of just repeatedly making topics for small rulings many know, im just gonna keep using this one for questions i have (Im hoping)

1.Elemental Hero Prisma, you can target E-hero AZ to send any HERO to the grave, but not the attribute it needs?

2. If diamond dude sends a normal spell to the grave, but is also send to the grave before the next turn, i do get the spell effect?

3. Light And Darkness Dragon, how many times can it negate? will it stop losing atk/def if he cannot take the -500?

Opp field= Facedown "Six style - Dual wield" "Dimensional prison" and face up "Six Samurai: Kamon"

My Field= (Faceup)Harvest, Angel of Wisdom + Sanctuary in the sky. Facedown Divine Punishment. In hand Van'Dalgyon.

Harvest attacks, he used prison, i use punishment, and with the counter i summon VD. Once VD uses its effect, is this part of the chain? or hiding somewhere in the middle? or does it start a new chain once the first (Between counter and non counter) is finished?

5. can Spell Striker S.S itself from the grave?

6. Laval Lady of Burning lake: If there are 3 or more different "Laval" monsters in your Graveyard, Does this mean just the number of lavals? or the actual name of them, like tender : When this card is sent to the Graveyard while a "Laval" monster other than "Tender of the Laval Volcano"

7: When flamvell firedog destroys a card like TIKI SOU/CURSE, does it still get an effect?

8: I have Slifer the Sky Dragon on the field, with Safe zone on it. Opp has Quasar out. When quasar negates slifers eff, does Safe zone protect it from destruction?

9: Can a trap monster (Tiki Soul / Curse) be flipped face down with a card like book of the moon?

10: Fossil Dyna Vs Stardust assault /OR assault mode.

SD assault attacks Dyna, doesnt dyna flip eff activate during the damage step?

11: Gladiator Beast Sector was S.Sed by a different monster, if it goes to the grave, does it's effect still activate? Sector is not a Return to deck Gladiator.

4. Here is how it would go I think. You attack and then your opponent responds with D-Prison you respond with Divine Punishment. It would resolve and then you could special summon Van,Dalgyon and then you would destroy 1 card your opponent controls. The reason for this is that Van,Dalgyon requires you to negate the activation or effect of another card before he can be special summoned if he was part of the chain then he would resolve first and then the trap card would resolve and that would make no sense.

5. Spell Striker can ONLY be special summoned from the hand. They just forgot to add that part on the card text. Unless it says you can special summon it from the grave then it can ONLY be specialed from the hand.

6. Yes they have to all be different names.

7. Firedog does not get his effect because he has to send the monster to the graveyard and when the trap monster is sent to the graveyard it is no longer considered a monster.

8. Yes it will protect it. But I am not sure if you can even Quasar on Slifers effect because I believe it is continuous and you cannot chain to continuous effects. I believe his second effect that destroys a monster is not continuous tho so you could use Quasar on that effect.

9. Once they are flipped face down it goes back to the S/T zone.

10. Stardust can negate Fossil Dynas effect if you attack a face down Fossil Dyna since Stardusts effect can be used in the damage step.

11. Secutor has to be on the field at the end of the battle phase he attacked or was attacked to use his effect. Also he has to have been special summoned by a gladiator beast first.
inpachi
inpachi

Birthday : 1991-09-25

Back to top Go down

Post  BlackwingRa 2011-12-20, 21:07

SLifer's effect that Decrease ATK and destroy the monster if the ATK drop to 0 is Trigger Effect, it can be chained.
BlackwingRa
BlackwingRa

Back to top Go down

Post  inpachi 2011-12-20, 21:10

BlackwingRa wrote:SLifer's effect that Decrease ATK and destroy the monster if the ATK drop to 0 is Trigger Effect, it can be chained.
It looks like it is worded like a continuous effect tho. Thanks for clarifying that. I guess what gave it away was the "When". Now that I read it again yea it is a trigger effect.
inpachi
inpachi

Birthday : 1991-09-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Barricade 2011-12-24, 20:23

Hiddern Armory q
Barricade
Barricade

Back to top Go down

Post  Miror B. 2011-12-24, 20:29

Cards like Hidden Armory and Duality say "You cannot do x action the turn you activate this card". As such, if you do x action, you cannot activate the card that turn.
Miror B.
Miror B.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down