Dueling Network Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Special summoning Conditions. Only way?

+3
Magicknight94
Zero2Hero
DuelKing
7 posters

Go down

Solved Special summoning Conditions. Only way?

Post  DuelKing 2011-12-06, 10:39

There is a ruling that always confuses me. It's the ruling that you can't SS from the grave/banished zone if it wasn't summoned properly (excluding monsters that are from the main deck and have no summoning conditions, assuming I'm correct)

Cards like Chaos Sorceror: You have to banish a light monster and a dark monster to SS.

I'm in a duel with a person and after Summoning Sorceror properly, it's later destroyed and brought back with LaDD. We call a mod in to answer the question and I'm told that he can if it's SS'd correctly first.

Some I can understand, such as Meklord Emperors and Supremacy Sun (can only be special summoned by it's own effect). They're very clear.

But what about cards like Sorceror, DAD and Dark Creator?
DuelKing
DuelKing

Birthday : 1997-03-25

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Special summoning Conditions. Only way?

Post  Zero2Hero 2011-12-06, 10:43

This card can only be Special Summoned by...

This places a restriction on how the card must be first Special Summoned. The card cannot be Special Summoned by an external effect until the summoning condition has been properly fulfilled, after which, the monster in question may be Summoned with cards such as "Monster Reborn". If the card was sent to the Graveyard before being Summoned correctly, it cannot be Special Summoned; likewise, if the card was Special Summoned correctly the first time, but is then sent from the field or the Graveyard back to the Deck, the summoning conditions are then reset. These cards are referred to as Special Summon-only monsters or sometimes incorrectly referred to as Semi-Nomi monsters.

That is just copy paste from the Yugioh Wikia, still explains it very well.
Zero2Hero
Zero2Hero
Hidden Genius
Hidden Genius

Birthday : 1994-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post  DuelKing 2011-12-06, 10:47

Thanks for clearing that up.
So if I SS DAD properly, I can SS it from the grave with Dark Creator?
DuelKing
DuelKing

Back to top Go down

Post  Zero2Hero 2011-12-06, 10:53

The differences between Chaos Sorcerer and Dark Armed Dragon is that DAD says he cannot be special summoned except by his own effect and no other ways.

Dark Armed Dragon is a Nomi monster, they can't be normal summon, set, or special summoned, and can only be special summoned by their own effect in the hand.

Chaos Sorcerer says he can only be special summoned by his effect, and once that is done, he is free to be special summoned because he has no restrictions like DAD.

http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Special_Summoning_Conditions
Zero2Hero
Zero2Hero
Hidden Genius
Hidden Genius

Birthday : 1994-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post  Magicknight94 2011-12-06, 10:54

No. DAD say "Cannot be special summon except by", not "Can only be special summoned by".
Magicknight94
Magicknight94

Back to top Go down

Post  Ceteruler2 2011-12-06, 10:57

Some of the new card text helps with understanding these rules, like in the case of DAD. The new text for the Elemental HERO Fusion monsters helps as well; "Must be Fusion Summoned and cannot be Special Summoned by other ways."

One way to distinguish between the conditions that aren't worded like above is the text which says:

"This card can only be Special Summoned by..."
and
"This card cannot be Special Summoned except by...".

"This card can only be Special Summoned by..." is as Zero said above; once you've Special Summoned the monster correctly, it can be Special Summoned by other effects like monster Reborn.

In the case of "This card cannot be Special Summoned except by...", however, this is not true. Monsters with this condition can only be Special Summoned by the effect(s) in their text, and after that, nothing else.

Ceteruler2
Ceteruler2

Birthday : 1994-08-29

Back to top Go down

Post  Badass_Bunny 2011-12-06, 11:22

Someone didn't read the rulebook? Answer to many of your questions such as this one are in rulebook. I suggest you read it you can find it here http://www.yugioh-card.com/en/rulebook/
Badass_Bunny
Badass_Bunny
Smexy Duelist
Smexy Duelist

Birthday : 1996-04-17

Back to top Go down

Post  Red_Chaos 2011-12-06, 11:37

Badass_Bunny wrote:Someone didn't read the rulebook? Answer to many of your questions such as this one are in rulebook. I suggest you read it you can find it here http://www.yugioh-card.com/en/rulebook/

just because you can read the rule book doesn't mean you can comprehend it
Red_Chaos
Red_Chaos

Birthday : 1990-12-30

Back to top Go down

Post  dest 2011-12-06, 13:03

dest
dest
Boneash
Boneash

Birthday : 1987-07-30

Back to top Go down

Post  DuelKing 2011-12-08, 10:35

Okay, thanks to you all for the help.

DuelKing
DuelKing

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down