Dueling Network Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All you need to know about Dragunities

3 posters

Go down

All you need to know about Dragunities Empty All you need to know about Dragunities

Post  Dan18 2011-06-10, 07:15

Hello fellow duelist. I just wanted to make a thread explaining all the weakness's and advantages of the Dragunity deck. First off I would like to show you my personal Deck list that has worked very nice for me. My win lose ratios *I have that phone app so everytime I duel it keeps track*

Six Sams 142/34 = 71%
X-Saber 100/40 = 60%
Frogarch 182/22 = 88%
GK's 214/13 = 94%
Plant debris 100/33 = 67%

This deck can go toe to toe with the main tier 1 decks.

Deck list
Monsters: 13
Dragunity Phalanx - 3
Dragunity Dux - 3
Dragunity Legionnaire - 3
Dragunity Aklys - 2
Effect veiler - 1
Morphing Jar - 1

Spells: 17
Dragon Ravine - 3
Terraforming - 3
Cards of Consonance - 2
Reborn monster - 1
Dark Hole - 1
Pot of Avarice - 2
Book of Moon - 1
Mystical Space typoon - 2
Giant Trunado - 1
Nobleman of Crossout -

Traps:
Bottomless Traphole - 1
Compulsory Evacution Device - 2
Call of the Haunting - 1
Solemn Judgement - 1
Solemn Warning - 2
Mirror Force - 1
Seven Tools of the Bandit - 1
Torrential Tribute - 1

Extra Deck: 15
Stardust Dragon - 2
Scrap Dragon - 2
Trident Dragon - 1
T.G Hyper Magian - 3
Dragunity Knight Vajrayana - 3
Brionac, Dragon of the Ice Barrier - 1
Mist Wurn - 1
Trishula, Dragon of the Ice barrier - 1
Colossal Fighter - 1

Side Deck: 15
Monsters: 10
Thunder King Ri-oh - 3
Kinetic Solider - 2
Puppet Plant -3
Snowman eater - 2

Spells: 2
Noblemen of the Crossout - 2

Traps: 3
Cursed Seal of the Forbidden Spell - 3

I will explain the whole deck later on. First off you need to know that Dragunities base themselves off equiping the dragon's on to the wing-beast. So you want your dragons in the graveyard and your wing-beast in your hand. Simple enough, but cards like GK's Necrovally, or Dimmisional Fissure can really stop you dead in your tracks. Which is the only real reason I run MST in main deck. And if I know pior to the duel that my oppenet is runing GK's i'd throw in the noblemen's and Forbidden curses.

Dragunities have 3 main combo's. Combo number one, Discard Phalanx *if he is in hand* to search for Dux. Or if Dux is in hand discard any card to put Phalanx in graveyard. Once in graveyard summon Dux equip Phalanx use Phalanx special ability to speical himself and Syncro for Dragunity Knight Vaj, equip phalanx once again use his effect and go into your eight star syncro. In almost every game I can open up with Stardust Dragon. Combo number two discard Aklys for Leg, Summon leg and use his special ability to destory one faceup monster, which triggers Aklys ability destroy any card on the field. This is an awesome combo. This keeps your oppenent on a card by card state. Or Leg equip phalanx syncro for T.G hyper. Which is awesome because now you will be getting an extra two cards per turn.

Other combos I use are, Dux in hand and Cards of Consonance in hand discard a card to bring phalanx to hand then use C of C with phalanx.

Also if I already have a beater out and my oppenet only puts a facedown monster. Leg and equip akyls use leg to kill himself and akyls to destroy face down monster.

There is really nothing to a Dragunity deck, other then actually obtaining the cards.

Dragunity weakness's:
GK's if you do not know you are playing GK's before hand and you go second chances are you will lose first round of that duel. Even thought I always have two mst's main decked I get my ass handed to me first round.

Cursed Seal of the Forbidden Spell, if used right takes Dragon ravine out of the game.

Chain dissapeanace, wait till Phalanx speicals himself and take him out of the game.

Mind crush easy to use agaisnt dragunitys, wait till the add a card to hand then call that cards name out. Who ever is playing those Dragunities will go like this affraid

Obtaining the cards:
Most of the cards in the normal deck are easy to get
24 Dollars * three starting Dragunity decks* will cover most of the staples.
Hidden Arsonal 3 will give you Phalanx
Star strikeblast will give you Vaj
and most of the other cards are under a dollar and can be easily traded for or bought at your local card shop.

Time to explain my deck.
Effect veiler ... why? Well Dragunities only need one turn to get a beater out and effect veiler can stop most decks from "piling" first turn.

Morphing jar . . .? Well Dragunities mill cards alot. Most of the time I find myself with no hand.

All the other monsters are staples for this deck.

Noblemen is mostly for GK's there Spy's and Gaurds win them the game most the time.Plant decks who use Ryko will also be devistated by this card.

Everything else is pretty self explainitory.
If you have any questions about this deck, or would like to share some information on how I can improve this deck comment cheers
Dan18
Dan18

Birthday : 1994-05-18

Back to top Go down

All you need to know about Dragunities Empty Re: All you need to know about Dragunities

Post  Adept VantageSP 2011-06-10, 21:44

Basically all you need to know about Dragunities are:

-Get Phalanx in grave
-Dux grabs phalanx from grave
-SS Phalanx and synch into Vaj
-Vaj equips Phalanx
-SS phalanx and synch into Stardust.
-Set traps

(which you explained)
This play is just awesome. It is both defensive and offensive and gives you some safety. This play is especially good because it can be done first turn with ease.

I have seen a player pull off two Stardust's in one turn doing this (First turn too with 3 backrow and Ravine). I forget how he managed to get the set up for the second Stardust, but he did it. That was a fun situation to get out of!

I would build Dragunities,but I just need Vajara-whatever. I managed to pull two Phalanx's out of 1 of those HA3 4 packs (other cards I got were Decisive Armor and that 3000 ATK Jurrac card). I was pretty happy about that.

Adept VantageSP
Adept VantageSP
Adept Swordsmaster
 Adept Swordsmaster

Birthday : 1992-05-08

http://yugiohgxforums.b1.jcink.com/index.php?

Back to top Go down

All you need to know about Dragunities Empty Re: All you need to know about Dragunities

Post  Notorious Nt 2011-06-10, 21:53

Vantage just summed up the whole deck right there. If your phalanx gets removed then your screwed. If you get get ravine then you are most likely screwed, but your deck will be very slow. Another weakness would be effect veiler. Stops your dux from fetching your phalanx.
Notorious Nt
Notorious Nt

Birthday : 1993-10-19

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum