Dueling Network Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Would an "Undo" function for posts be impossible?

4 posters

Go down

Would an "Undo" function for posts be impossible? Empty Would an "Undo" function for posts be impossible?

Post  DuelKing 2011-12-27, 19:00

2 weeks ago, I wanted to send my ruling tutor a message. I end it with a smiley, and everything disappears and I have to restart (at a later time). It took me forever to research all of the cards and advanced rules to answer the questions. The undo feature would allow one to undo an action on their post. This could make a great convenience if in a somewhat longer-than-normal post and you would have to redo so much of what you wrote. The undo feature would be either undo the last action or a tiny menu asking what you'd like to undo.
DuelKing
DuelKing

Birthday : 1997-03-25

Back to top Go down

Would an "Undo" function for posts be impossible? Empty Re: Would an "Undo" function for posts be impossible?

Post  Tcbskater 2011-12-27, 19:33

I'm guessing Ctrl + Z didn't work in this situation.
Tcbskater
Tcbskater

Birthday : 1994-03-10

http://www.clocktowergaming.com

Back to top Go down

Would an "Undo" function for posts be impossible? Empty Re: Would an "Undo" function for posts be impossible?

Post  3E-hero neos 2011-12-27, 19:50

It was probably typed directly into the forum, so no, it didn't work.
Anyway, while you're typing, your post isn't into the server yet(if I'm correct), making this either extremely hard to program or just simply impossible. If you write big texts, just try to type it in Word first and then copy/paste into the DN Forums. Word does have a undo function and it's easier then to program it all into this forums.
3E-hero neos
3E-hero neos

Birthday : 1995-06-08

Back to top Go down

Post  LuzCeleste 2011-12-27, 19:55

If you're typing a huge post, either constantly copy so you won't lose a huge amount of info or use the drafts feature to edit and save.
LuzCeleste
LuzCeleste

Birthday : 1990-01-14

Back to top Go down

Post  DuelKing 2011-12-28, 15:21

Okay, thanks you all for the info.
And I never heard of Ctrl+Z. I'll keep that in mind
DuelKing
DuelKing

Birthday : 1997-03-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum