Dueling Network Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Decoy Dragon... continuous effect?

+3
T3RCX
BlackwingRa
exiled_force
7 posters

Go down

Decoy Dragon...  continuous effect? Empty Decoy Dragon... continuous effect?

Post  exiled_force 2011-12-31, 20:20

Decoy Dragon...  continuous effect? 300px-DecoyDragonSDRL-EN-C-1E

I was just wondering... Is this effect continuous? Not like it would happen, but if you had a graveyard full of dragon-type monsters, and somehow you have attached ring of magnetism to it so they could only attack this card(just an example, if you want you can go into detail about ring of magnetism and decoy dragon, but you don't have to)would decoy dragon's effect activate and special summon until you could special summon no more? And when you do special summon, do the dragons stay on the field(until they get destroyed/banished/returned to hand of course)? It doesn't say whether or not they go back to the graveyard.

Thanks for all your help in advance!!!!!
exiled_force
exiled_force

Back to top Go down

Decoy Dragon...  continuous effect? Empty Re: Decoy Dragon... continuous effect?

Post  BlackwingRa 2011-12-31, 20:36

Decoy Dragon's effect start a chain, and I don't think Decoy Dragon's effect gonna activates again and again in your situation. But I don't know for sure.
BlackwingRa
BlackwingRa

Birthday : 1991-10-02

Back to top Go down

Decoy Dragon...  continuous effect? Empty Re: Decoy Dragon... continuous effect?

Post  T3RCX 2011-12-31, 21:32

Ruling wrote:If you have a "Decoy Dragon" equipped with "Ring of Magnetism" and your opponent's monster declares an attack against it, the effect of "Decoy Dragon" is still activated and your opponent's attacking monster must still battle with the Level 7 or higher Dragon-Type monster that you Special Summon from your Graveyard.

Decoy Dragon is a Trigger effect also.
T3RCX
T3RCX

Birthday : 1988-04-16

http://www.riddleofsteel.net

Back to top Go down

Post  BlackwingRa 2011-12-31, 22:20

Online with my iPod so I can't look up wikia for the rulings =.='
BlackwingRa
BlackwingRa

Birthday : 1991-10-02

Back to top Go down

Post  Gothic mess 2012-01-01, 01:53

Decoy dragon is going to summon 1 Dragon monster per attack, it does not matter how matter how many dragons you have in your grave, do remember that your opponent is not likely to declare an attack while the Ring is active.

To answer the second question, yes, you do get to keep the dragons on the field.
Gothic mess
Gothic mess

Birthday : 1986-12-04

Back to top Go down

Post  BeanMachine87 2012-01-01, 05:15

If you are asking if an opponent attacked Decoy Dragon with Ring of Magnetism equipped and you special summon a level 7 or higher dragon, would the attack get switched back to Decoy Dragon automatically because of Ring of Magentism...then the wikia says no.

"If you have a "Decoy Dragon" equipped with "Ring of Magnetism" and your opponent's monster declares an attack against it, the effect of "Decoy Dragon" is still activated and your opponent's attacking monster must still battle with the Level 7 or higher Dragon-Type monster that you Special Summon from your Graveyard."
BeanMachine87
BeanMachine87

Birthday : 1987-01-09

Back to top Go down

Post  Phraxure 2012-01-01, 07:19

Decoy Dragon has a (mandatory) Trigger effect.

If it was equipped with Ring of magnetism and your opponent declares an attack, rulings state your opponent must still battle with the Special Summoned Dragon.
Phraxure
Phraxure

Birthday : 1997-05-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Miror B. 2012-01-01, 10:29

The reasoning behind this is that Magnetism says that the opponent can only attack the equipped monster. Since Decoy Dragon only redirects the battle and doesn't actually make the monster declare a second attack, it's effect goes through.
Miror B.
Miror B.

Back to top Go down

Post  exiled_force 2012-01-01, 17:24

I was just trying to emphasize the whole idea being attacking only decoy dragon, so I used ring of magnetism as an emphasizing point. But thanks for all your help!!!!
exiled_force
exiled_force

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down