Dueling Network Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lance vs Limiter Removal

+7
Miror B.
Phoenix Wright
[EP] Irate
dest
kyros
Tcbskater
Unorthodoxical-Princ
11 posters

Go down

Solved Lance vs Limiter Removal

Post  Unorthodoxical-Princ 2012-01-04, 17:27

I attack directly with Machina Gearframe and activate Limiter Removal in the damage step, and my opponent chains Forbidden Lance. Now I know Gearframe doesn't get a boost by Limiter removal, and actually goes to 1000, but will limiter removal destroy Machina Gear Frame? No, right? Because I pass priority to them and then Lance resolves, but Limiter has already been passed.

Last edited by Unorthodoxical-Princ on 2012-01-04, 22:28; edited 1 time in total
Unorthodoxical-Princ
Unorthodoxical-Princ

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Lance vs Limiter Removal

Post  Tcbskater 2012-01-04, 17:35

Let me make sure, all the cards in this scenario are Forbidden Lance, Machina Gearframe, and Limiter Removal.

Going off of this ruling:

Metallizing Parasite - Lunatite: If you equip "Metallizing Parasite - Lunatite" to a monster that has been affected by "Limiter Removal", the monster is still destroyed during the End Phase by "Limiter Removal's" effect.

I'd say Machina Gearframe is still destroyed. I may be wrong, as that ruling leaves ambiguity as to when Metallizing Parasite was equipped; before or after Limiter Removal's activation.
Tcbskater
Tcbskater

Birthday : 1994-03-10

http://www.clocktowergaming.com

Back to top Go down

Post  kyros 2012-01-04, 17:44

Tcbskater wrote:Let me make sure, all the cards in this scenario are Forbidden Lance, Machina Gearframe, and Limiter Removal.

Going off of this ruling:

Metallizing Parasite - Lunatite: If you equip "Metallizing Parasite - Lunatite" to a monster that has been affected by "Limiter Removal", the monster is still destroyed during the End Phase by "Limiter Removal's" effect.

I'd say Machina Gearframe is still destroyed. I may be wrong, as that ruling leaves ambiguity as to when Metallizing Parasite was equipped; before or after Limiter Removal's activation.

That rule says if you equip it to a creature that's already affected by limiter removal, which means limiter removal was used on him then later they were equipped with the parasite. It does illustrate how the situation would work though.

If lance was chained to limiter removal (or activated some time before it and you still used limiter removal anyway) then you shouldn't have anything to worry about. Your monster won't get boosted since it's immune to spells, and limiter removal only destroys monsters that were affected by its first effect.
kyros
kyros

Back to top Go down

Post  Unorthodoxical-Princ 2012-01-04, 18:13

Limiter removal effects Gearframe. I mean which is first to end, Lance or Limiter Removal, that is the question.
Unorthodoxical-Princ
Unorthodoxical-Princ

Back to top Go down

Post  dest 2012-01-04, 18:35

limier doesn't affect gearframe at all. Lance prevents that. So it isn't destroyed.
dest
dest
Boneash
Boneash

Birthday : 1987-07-30

Back to top Go down

Post  [EP] Irate 2012-01-04, 18:39

As dest said.
Gearframe never was affected by Limiter.
[EP] Irate
[EP] Irate
Irate God
Irate God

Birthday : 1996-02-02

https://www.youtube.com/user/SkarmoryHunter

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Wright 2012-01-04, 18:46

Lance makes you unaffected by spells, period.

And your monster would go to 2000, not 1000, but I assume that was a typo
Phoenix Wright
Phoenix Wright

Birthday : 1993-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post  dest 2012-01-04, 18:48

Phoenix Wright wrote:Lance makes you unaffected by spells, period.

And your monster would go to 2000, not 1000, but I assume that was a typo
Laughing
Never have met someone contradicting himself in such a short post^^
dest
dest
Boneash
Boneash

Back to top Go down

Post  Unorthodoxical-Princ 2012-01-04, 18:50

dest wrote:limier doesn't affect gearframe at all. Lance prevents that. So it isn't destroyed.

I have so many people telling me the opposite, o.o. Well if Lance was chained to Limiter removal, Lance can't save Gearframe since it's a condition of Limiter removal? Arrrg so confusing lol.

http://www.pojo.biz/board/showthread.php?t=932522
Unorthodoxical-Princ
Unorthodoxical-Princ

Back to top Go down

Post  [EP] Irate 2012-01-04, 18:52

The ATK would go down to 2000, not to 1000

OBJECTION!

Seriously, learn how to count and not to contradict yourself.
[EP] Irate
[EP] Irate
Irate God
Irate God

Birthday : 1996-02-02

https://www.youtube.com/user/SkarmoryHunter

Back to top Go down

Post  dest 2012-01-04, 18:55

ok, step by step:

Chain Link 1: Limiter - Text:
Double the ATK of all face-up Machine-Type monsters you control, until the end of this turn. During the End Phase, destroy all monsters that were affected by this effect.
Chain Link 2: Lance - Text:
Select 1 face-up monster on the field. Until the End Phase, it loses 800 ATK, but is unaffected by the effects of other Spell/Trap Cards.

You know, Lance resolve before Limiter. So Limiter can't affect it. And as you can see, limiter can only destroy monsters that were affected by it...
dest
dest
Boneash
Boneash

Back to top Go down

Post  Miror B. 2012-01-04, 18:57

Gearframe would get his attack decreased by lance, then Limiter Removal would resolve without affecting Gearframe. During the End Phase, Gearframe was not affected by Limiter Removal, so Gearframe is not destroyed by it.
Miror B.
Miror B.

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Wright 2012-01-04, 18:58

WOW, I thought it was machina fortress, (and that fortress had 2800 attack)

double brain fart all the way
Phoenix Wright
Phoenix Wright

Birthday : 1993-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post  Tcbskater 2012-01-04, 19:01

dest wrote:ok, step by step:

Double the ATK of all face-up Machine-Type monsters you control, until the end of this turn. During the End Phase, destroy all monsters that were affected by this effect.
Select 1 face-up monster on the field. Until the End Phase, it loses 800 ATK, but is unaffected by the effects of other Spell/Trap Cards.

You know, Lance resolve before Limiter. So Limiter can't affect it. And as you can see, limiter can only destroy monsters that were affected by it...

As I had suspected. I had originally saw it this way, but when I went to look up Limiter Removal rulings, I ended up second guessing myself. >.> That's the 4th time today (I missed like 3 questions on a quiz today) I've made myself wrong because of second guessing.
Tcbskater
Tcbskater

Birthday : 1994-03-10

http://www.clocktowergaming.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuvillo 2012-01-04, 19:45

Limiter Removal puts a condition on a monster, which was never put on a monster that is affected by Forbidden Lance.
Tuvillo
Tuvillo

Birthday : 1990-07-29

http://www.nintendostudio.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Key 2012-01-04, 19:57

First of all, the topic says Chalice
Next, the Pojo thread has a different scenario, which is what happens if you target a monster with Lance that has already been affected by Limiter Removal

In this case, Limiter Removal has not affected the monster yet, so it won't destroy it in the end phase
Key
Key
←↓Ruling Scrubbie↑→
←↓Ruling Scrubbie↑→

Birthday : 1994-11-29

Back to top Go down

Post  Joenen 2012-01-04, 20:34

Unorthodoxical-Princ wrote:I attack directly with Machina Gearframe and activate Limiter Removal in the damage step, and my opponent chains Forbidden Lance. Now I know Gearframe doesn't get a boost by Limiter removal, and actually goes to 1000, but will limiter removal destroy Machina Gear Frame? No, right? Because I pass priority to them and then Lance resolves, but Limiter has already been passed.
priority has nothing to do with this scenario (since it hasn't been said).

Gearframe will not be affect by limited, aand thus cannot be destroyed by limited at the end phase.

If forbidden lance is activated at the end phase (or any time after limiter removal has resolved), the ocg says the monster will still die.
Joenen
Joenen

Birthday : 1992-04-08

Back to top Go down

Post  BlackwingRa 2012-01-04, 21:42

Priority exists in every move you made in a duel. Forgot the link to Key's topic, so I will let him post it.
BlackwingRa
BlackwingRa

Birthday : 1991-10-02

Back to top Go down

Post  Unorthodoxical-Princ 2012-01-04, 22:22

Key wrote:First of all, the topic says Chalice
Next, the Pojo thread has a different scenario, which is what happens if you target a monster with Lance that has already been affected by Limiter Removal

In this case, Limiter Removal has not affected the monster yet, so it won't destroy it in the end phase

My bad I meant lance rofl. So what is it people? Will the monster die yes or no? I thought lance can't stop conditions placed on cards. A condition is that the monster must die. I also thought effects that end which linger can't be negated. Like you cannot negate doom lord effect after two turns.
Unorthodoxical-Princ
Unorthodoxical-Princ

Back to top Go down

Post  Joenen 2012-01-04, 22:26

BlackwingRa wrote:Priority exists in every move you made in a duel. Forgot the link to Key's topic, so I will let him post it.
Of course it does, but priority is not the reason behind whether or not Lance protects your monster from Limiter removal's destruction.

Joenen
Joenen

Birthday : 1992-04-08

Back to top Go down

Post  Unorthodoxical-Princ 2012-01-04, 22:29

Key wrote:First of all, the topic says Chalice

Could you explain if it was already targeted by limiter removal what would happen if someone lance'd it? Still confused on that.

Ok nevermind I understand if Lance resolved first the monster doesn't die that makes complete sense. But how about if Lance was used after limiter resolves..

Tcbskater wrote:
dest wrote:ok, step by step:

As I had suspected. I had originally saw it this way, but when I went to look up Limiter Removal rulings, I ended up second guessing myself. >.> That's the 4th time today (I missed like 3 questions on a quiz today) I've made myself wrong because of second guessing.

What "quiz"?

Last edited by Unorthodoxical-Princ on 2012-01-04, 22:31; edited 1 time in total
Unorthodoxical-Princ
Unorthodoxical-Princ

Back to top Go down

Post  BlackwingRa 2012-01-04, 22:31

If you chain Lance to Limiter Removal, Lance will resolves 1st and prevent Limiter Removal to affect the monster, thus the monster will not be destroyed by Limiter Removal.
BlackwingRa
BlackwingRa

Birthday : 1991-10-02

Back to top Go down

Post  kyros 2012-01-04, 22:32

Okay so here's the outcome based upon what happened.

1) lance was chained to limiter: lance will resolve first so the monster does not get the atk boost and does not die at end phase

2) limiter was activated then lance was used later (simply put his atk went up then opponent later used lance): he dies at end phase
kyros
kyros

Back to top Go down

Post  Unorthodoxical-Princ 2012-01-04, 22:32

BlackwingRa wrote:If you chain Lance to Limiter Removal, Lance will resolves 1st and prevent Limiter Removal to affect the monster, thus the monster will not be destroyed by Limiter Removal.

Ok thanks.
Unorthodoxical-Princ
Unorthodoxical-Princ

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum