Dueling Network Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Holy Marked rulings

4 posters

Go down

Solved Holy Marked rulings

Post  Galkin 2012-01-19, 21:56

The new archtype, the holy marked dragons, interest me. However, I need to now a few rulings about them; I'm pretty sure I know them, but I want to confirm I got them right:

1) If Dragorado's effect is used on a "Holy mark", would their effects miss the timing?

2)If multiple "Holy mark" monsters are tributed at the same time; can only 1 holy mark" have its effect triggered?

3) If a "Holy Mark"'s tribute effect is triggered and it special summons Blue-eyes white dragon and turns it ATK and DEF to 0; would causing blue-eyes to temporarily leave the field or flip face-down; cause its ATK and DEF to restore to its default value?

4) If Ennead's effect is used and a "Holy mark" monster is tributed for his effect and it's effect resolves; can it special summon the XYZ material that was detached from Ennead if it meets the requirements to be special summoned?

5) "Holy Marker of Oblideration"'s tribute is a cost? If so, my monsters can still be tributed with Tyrant's temper face-up on my side of the field?

Galkin

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Holy Marked rulings

Post  Tcbskater 2012-01-19, 22:11

1. They seem to all be mandatory; they cannot miss their timing.

2. They'll form a chain.

3. It will restore to the proper value if it flips face-down or leaves the field.

4. Yes.

5. It is a cost; not quite sure on this, but I believe you can still pay the cost of Tributing.
Tcbskater
Tcbskater

Birthday : 1994-03-10

http://www.clocktowergaming.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Farls_Barkley 2012-01-20, 01:06

With regard to Tyrant's Temper, I think the blanket immunity to the effects of trap cards would be applied to the cost in this case.
Farls_Barkley
Farls_Barkley

Back to top Go down

Post  Miror B. 2012-01-20, 01:55

Farls_Barkley wrote:With regard to Tyrant's Temper, I think the blanket immunity to the effects of trap cards would be applied to the cost in this case.

Except that costs are not effects, as shown by Dark World rulings on costs.
Miror B.
Miror B.

Back to top Go down

Post  Farls_Barkley 2012-01-20, 04:52

Miror B. wrote:

I was using Archlord Kristya's interaction with Lava Golem as a basis, not an obvious printing on an old archtype Smile

After double checking with Wildheart vs Costs, you are right with this. Its a shame they put "unaffected" when "not effected" would make much more sense.
Farls_Barkley
Farls_Barkley

Back to top Go down

Post  Tcbskater 2012-01-20, 09:18

Farls_Barkley wrote:
Miror B. wrote:

I was using Archlord Kristya's interaction with Lava Golem as a basis, not an obvious printing on an old archtype Smile

After double checking with Wildheart vs Costs, you are right with this. Its a shame they put "unaffected" when "not effected" would make much more sense.

Archlord Kristya's functionality is different as she flat out disables your ability to perform a Special Summon. Tyrant's Temper does no such thing.
Tcbskater
Tcbskater

Birthday : 1994-03-10

http://www.clocktowergaming.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down