Dueling Network Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gadgets for YCS part 2

+2
Ultimate lol
nimmons
6 posters

Go down

Gadgets for YCS part 2 Empty Gadgets for YCS part 2

Post  nimmons 2012-02-02, 00:41

Gadgets for YCS part 2 Gadgetsd

The main issue I have been having is winding up with a hand of all monsters 2-3 turns into a game. Other than that it seems to be running great. Pretty basic Gadget deck. Any suggestions or ideas are welcome as long as you GIVE A REASON for the change.

Last edited by nimmons on 2012-02-02, 19:10; edited 2 times in total
nimmons
nimmons

Back to top Go down

Gadgets for YCS part 2 Empty Re: Gadgets for YCS part 2

Post  nimmons 2012-02-02, 11:09

Bumpy bump bump
nimmons
nimmons

Back to top Go down

Post  Ultimate lol 2012-02-02, 11:25

What do you intend to achieve with reckless greed? draw into more gadgets. If you don't get ultimate offering or it gets stopped I can see you getting some dead gadget draws.
I would prefer some more 1 for 1 cards instead. Since that is what gadgets where all about in the first place. That’s just personal preference though.
Pot of avarice can be dead sometimes as you don't get many monsters in grave fast. The only way you do that quickly is with ultimate offering and usually you have game, or close to game then.
Ultimate lol
Ultimate lol

Birthday : 1990-12-16

Back to top Go down

Post  BlackShadowX 2012-02-02, 12:23

I think gold sacro would be better than reckless greed also might as well get rid of all 3 and add 2 gold sacro and main heavystrom.Also wheres tragodia ? side some effect vielers if not maining since its your IRL deck idk what cards you may not have so i wont be suggesting anything for the extra deck
BlackShadowX
BlackShadowX

Back to top Go down

Post  nimmons 2012-02-02, 12:51

BlackShadowX wrote:I think gold sacro would be better than reckless greed also might as well get rid of all 3 and add 2 gold sacro and main heavystrom.Also wheres tragodia ? side some effect vielers if not maining since its your IRL deck idk what cards you may not have so i wont be suggesting anything for the extra deck

I really don't like gold sacr for this deck just because it slows it down wayyy to much. Just not worth it to me. Also I cut effect vielers a while back for fiendish chains which are IMO a much better card. Tragodia was also another card that I cut. I cut him because more times than not he was a dead draw. I will think about putting him back in though.

Ultimate lol wrote:What do you intend to achieve with reckless greed? draw into more gadgets. If you don't get ultimate offering or it gets stopped I can see you getting some dead gadget draws.
I would prefer some more 1 for 1 cards instead. Since that is what gadgets where all about in the first place. That’s just personal preference though.
Pot of avarice can be dead sometimes as you don't get many monsters in grave fast. The only way you do that quickly is with ultimate offering and usually you have game, or close to game then.

Reckless was put in the deck just to speed it up and so far has been doing a great job of it. I do see what your saying I just can't think of any other draw power cards that don't have a down side that rules them out for me.
nimmons
nimmons

Back to top Go down

Post  Ultimate lol 2012-02-02, 13:01

Considered Monster Slots for a possible +1 (special gadget)
Ultimate lol
Ultimate lol

Birthday : 1990-12-16

Back to top Go down

Post  nimmons 2012-02-02, 13:13

Ultimate lol wrote:Considered Monster Slots for a possible +1 (special gadget)

Hmmm... No. Just no. That is just a bad card all around.
nimmons
nimmons

Back to top Go down

Post  Joco 2012-02-02, 13:51

nimmons wrote:
BlackShadowX wrote:I think gold sacro would be better than reckless greed also might as well get rid of all 3 and add 2 gold sacro and main heavystrom.Also wheres tragodia ? side some effect vielers if not maining since its your IRL deck idk what cards you may not have so i wont be suggesting anything for the extra deck

I really don't like gold sacr for this deck just because it slows it down wayyy to much. Just not worth it to me. Also I cut effect vielers a while back for fiendish chains which are IMO a much better card. Tragodia was also another card that I cut. I cut him because more times than not he was a dead draw. I will think about putting him back in though.

Ultimate lol wrote:What do you intend to achieve with reckless greed? draw into more gadgets. If you don't get ultimate offering or it gets stopped I can see you getting some dead gadget draws.

Reckless was put in the deck just to speed it up and so far has been doing a great job of it. I do see what your saying I just can't think of any other draw power cards that don't have a down side that rules them out for me.

-3 diva
-lv3 sea serpent
-Plaguesperader
-3 reckless
+1 Striker
+1 Warwolf
+1 duality
+1 MST
+2 Smashing
+1 Solmne J
+1 Mirror Force

And u could try running veilers: Tuner option and same as fiendish chain. Cause if u face with inzectorz u will need more protection from monster effects.

So far this edit is necessary.
Joco
Joco

Back to top Go down

Post  nimmons 2012-02-02, 14:42

Joco wrote:
nimmons wrote:

-3 diva
-lv3 sea serpent
-Plaguesperader
-3 reckless
+1 Striker
+1 Warwolf
+1 duality
+1 MST
+2 Smashing
+1 Solmne J
+1 Mirror Force

And u could try running veilers: Tuner option and same as fiendish chain. Cause if u face with inzectorz u will need more protection from monster effects.

3 duality for a deck that specials this much is just a no-no from the start. That will be staying at 2. I like the ideas but you just killed my draw power with that fix. As far as inzectors, I am sided for them so they are not a big worry for me. I will play around with some of the ideas though.
nimmons
nimmons

Back to top Go down

Post  Miror B. 2012-02-02, 17:01

nimmons wrote:
3 duality for a deck that specials this much
Don't use Duality if you wanna Special. Enough said.
Miror B.
Miror B.

Back to top Go down

Post  nimmons 2012-02-02, 17:05

Miror B. wrote:
nimmons wrote:
3 duality for a deck that specials this much
Don't use Duality if you wanna Special. Enough said.

Word.

nimmons
nimmons

Back to top Go down

Post  nimmons 2012-02-02, 17:19

Gadgets for YCS part 2 Gadgetsv

Updated
nimmons
nimmons

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Wright 2012-02-02, 18:13

Drop the dark bribes for 2 caius

drop the fiendish chains for Maxx "C"

Drop one of your MST's for book of moon

Drop Lost blue breaker for mind control

drop 3 reckless greed for 3 pot of duality
Phoenix Wright
Phoenix Wright

Birthday : 1993-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post  nimmons 2012-02-02, 19:08

Phoenix Wright wrote:Drop the dark bribes for 2 caius

drop the fiendish chains for Maxx "C"

Drop one of your MST's for book of moon

Drop Lost blue breaker for mind control

drop 3 reckless greed for 3 pot of duality

I can kinda see droping the dark bribes but I think I would still rather have them over the Caius.

Fiendish chain is not getting cut. Period. It's just too good. Also there is no way in hell that I can afford Maxx "C" even though I would like it.

I will think about adding book of moon cause that might actually be better.

I would like to keep the lost blue breaker because it is nice to be able to bring out a instant level 5 with diva and using him is also the only way I have to summons my Mist Wurm.

PoD will NOT work at three in this deck and I would rather not run it at all just because I special summon so much.
nimmons
nimmons

Back to top Go down

Post  Joco 2012-02-03, 12:31

nimmons wrote:
Joco wrote:
nimmons wrote:

-3 diva
-lv3 sea serpent
-Plaguesperader
-3 reckless
+1 Striker
+1 Warwolf
+1 duality
+1 MST
+2 Smashing
+1 Solmne J
+1 Mirror Force

3 duality for a deck that specials this much is just a no-no from the start. That will be staying at 2. I like the ideas but you just killed my draw power with that fix. As far as inzectors, I am sided for them so they are not a big worry for me. I will play around with some of the ideas though.

Well u will rarely special summon. Duality is best in ur first turn, what usually will be summon gadget search set traps. Ur deck only using few special summon cards and if u really want to special summon then u can always keep ur dualities for later use. And the main reason for use duality instead or reckless greed that u will have a bigger chance to get ur Ultimate Offering, what makes the deck worth to run or u can just grab a good trap, but with reckless u will just have to much deaddraws and if the opponent breaks ur combopeaces then u are probably dead (u cant draw for 2 turns is really not worth it).
Joco
Joco

Back to top Go down

Post  nimmons 2012-02-03, 13:21

Joco wrote:
nimmons wrote:
Joco wrote:
nimmons wrote:

-3 diva
-lv3 sea serpent
-Plaguesperader
-3 reckless
+1 Striker
+1 Warwolf
+1 duality
+1 MST
+2 Smashing
+1 Solmne J
+1 Mirror Force

Well u will rarely special summon. Duality is best in ur first turn, what usually will be summon gadget search set traps. Ur deck only using few special summon cards and if u really want to special summon then u can always keep ur dualities for later use. And the main reason for use duality instead or reckless greed that u will have a bigger chance to get ur Ultimate Offering, what makes the deck worth to run or u can just grab a good trap, but with reckless u will just have to much deaddraws and if the opponent breaks ur combopeaces then u are probably dead (u cant draw for 2 turns is really not worth it).

This deck should be special summoning ever other turn at the least (Syncs and ZYX's count as specials you know)and that will make duality at 3 the dead draw. Also, I don't use reckless right away most of the time. 9 times out of 10 it will be sitting in the back field for a few turns until I have 2-3 set (giving me 4 draws and only costing me 2) or I am about go for big play and want to see what else I can get to help it. For this deck I have no found anything that would be better than them and it is NOT a third duality.
nimmons
nimmons

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum