Dueling Network Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ice Barrier

+2
T3RCX
Soph
6 posters

Go down

Ice Barrier Empty Ice Barrier

Post  Soph 2012-02-04, 16:39

Some time ago it was my main deck. Oh, man. I just threw it aside and began working on my old school warrior (which is finished now. thanks god). So, i read somewhere on the forums that a nice way to improve is editing old decks. Oh, god. When i first looked the first thing that came at my head was "oh, what a weak deck." then i edited. Really, i improved a lot, so, i'll post here and ask some help. Its still slow, but... testing this deck is helping me a lot with strategy. Really. Decklist:

Monsters: 20

1x Cryomancer of the Ice Barrier
2x Crystal Seer
1x Dai Sojo of the Ice Barrier
1x Dance Princess of the Ice Barrier
2x Defender of the Ice Barrier
2x Genearl Gantala of the Ice Barrier
1x General Grunard of the Ice Barrier
2x General Raiho of the Ice Barrier
1x Medium of the Ice Barrier
1x Pilgrim of the Ice Barrier
3x Prior of the Ice Barrier
1x Samurai of the Ice Barrier
1x Spell Striker

Spells: 17

1x Dark Hole
2x Degenerate Circuit
1x Double Summon
1x Heavy Storm
3x Triangle of the Ice Barrier
2x Medallion of the Ice Barrier
1x Monster Reborn
2x Moray of Greed
1x Pot of Duality
3x Salvage

Traps: 3

3x Royal Decree (lol)

--------------

I think its a bit too ofensive. I need more defensive play. Quick-play spell cards to take the place of the traps, maybe. Faster summoning too. Some hints? Ill give cookies.

Random Stuff: I like writing random stuff.
Random Stuff²: Ice barriers are very underrated

Soph
Soph

Birthday : 1996-11-26

Back to top Go down

Ice Barrier Empty Re: Ice Barrier

Post  T3RCX 2012-02-04, 18:04

I should look at my old Ice Barrier deck again...

One tactic for summoning is to get Gantala in the grave (Strategist of the Ice Barrier?) and then Reborn/CotH him. Also, Medallion should be maxxed out.
T3RCX
T3RCX

Birthday : 1988-04-16

http://www.riddleofsteel.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Soph 2012-02-04, 18:27

Yeah, its a nice idea. Strategist is a nice way fill the grave with ice barriers to gantala, without card waste. COTH wont work bc i use royal decree. Ill try it, whatever. Since my strategy is basically a high level rush on the field (man, the ice barriers high level have extremely troll effects) ill try more ways to summon them. Strategist is nice.

edit:

Ill try maxx c too.
Soph
Soph

Back to top Go down

Post  Sho.M.the.Money 2012-02-04, 19:31

I think you would benefit greatly from putting in some d-heroes.

Diamond dude benefits greatly with all those delicious targets

Malicious makes easy stardust or scrap dragon.

Dasher could be used to bring some big ice barrier monsters out.

D-Draw and Stratos to make it smoother. Maybe even Reinforcement of the Army as it benefits some IB monsters too.

And while at it, plaguespreader because it can make some nice combos with dasher or diamond dude.

And of course miracle fusion because Absolute zero is awesome
Sho.M.the.Money
Sho.M.the.Money

Back to top Go down

Post  Soph 2012-02-04, 20:32

Hm, ill try the DH. When i finish testing, ill post here the result.

Edit:

Results? Maximum fail. Sorry, but yeah, fail. The amount of dead draws was freaking me out on the 3 test duels, and (believe me) i couldnt activate their eff even once. Maybe on a deck based on those combinations, but d-heroes arent going to help me on this deck. They arent splashable on my strategy.
Soph
Soph

Back to top Go down

Post  Heimdall 2012-02-05, 00:43

Ice Barriers, as you already know, work best when they swarm the field. Here's where Mother Grizzly comes in. Smile She lets you search a Water monster below 1500 ATK (and lots of Ice Barriers are searchable from her). Searchers are welcome in any deck, IMO.

Gantala could be your star monster here, so you might at least consider 1 Legendary Ocean, reducing his Lv on the field AND hand by one. Instead of using two tributes for him, you'd use one. However, just note it would screw up your Synchro/Xyz Summoning, so use it at your own risk.

Your one Cryomancer is useless unless you throw in some Dewdarks and low Level Water monsters, in which case you'd have to edit the whole thing out for some Wetlands and other spells. If you're going for the Ice Barrier theme, just add cards crucial for Water decks (Mother Grizzly, for one Smile )

So pretty much max out Medallion, Moray of greed, and Salvage. If you got Moray of Greed in your hand, that's when Salvage is most useful. If nothing else, it'll add some monsters you don't need (at that moment) and you pretty much draw for free with Moray of Greed.

And finally, throw a Book of the Moon in there. Odds are you'll need it more than you won't.

Heimdall
Heimdall

Birthday : 1990-11-07

Back to top Go down

Post  MrChillmatic 2012-02-05, 05:34

Why don't you play 3 Medaillon of the Ice Barrier ?

Surface to bring back Prior to the field ?

Why the 2 Degenerate Circuit and the Double Summon ?
MrChillmatic
MrChillmatic

Birthday : 1990-01-09

Back to top Go down

Post  MadnessLord 2012-02-05, 10:52

Yeah...y u no max medallion? 3 rota for no cost or level restrictions? mmm...
Ice barriers are slow thats why u must bring the meta to ur own speed (Ignore this lol, except the part that they are slow)
I think the key number in ice barriers should be 16-18, 3 medallions act like 3 monsters.

-1 Cryomancer IMO, there too many ways to destroy her without battling, also ur opp can always synch into a monster whit different attribute and that sucks....I see her only working against malefics.
-2 Crystal seer not worth if u dont run app magician.
-1 Dai-sojo good but unless u focus on ice spellcasters, gantala is the only tribute monster u should run, if u want to run him then do it.
-2 Raiho -1 Grunard, Grunard eats ur hand and raiho is good but u should run a build around him whit solidarity and inmortal bushi.
-1 Pilgrim If he had 1800 or something...
-1 Medium Kinda situational.

Add:
1-2 Cryomancer i think he is the best lv2 ice barrier tuner, if u add 2 take out spell striker
3 Mother grizzly, yeah Heimdall is right, and the fact that ice barriers are slow this searcher is welcome.
1 Skreech, instant dump gantala and prior, then use salvage/surface to recover prior and summon gantala.
2-3 Strategist, this guy/gungir, brionac/skreech are the main source to dump gantala and other icebarriers.

Spells: If u run more than 14 spells in ice barriers is ok because they need support.

-2 Degenerate circuit, the only way i see this working is whit brionac and dance pricness? still too situational.
-1 Double summon not necessary.
-2 Moray, this card looks good but then u notice.....pot of duality does a better job, still...this card is good for replacing the ice barriers u show to ur opp whit triangle.
-1 or -3 Triangle: This card should be played ONLY if prior didnt exist but this card is not necessary anymore. Still if u run it try 2.
2 more Pot of duality: Good opening whit strategist dumping gantala.
-2 or -1 Salvage, i know, this card is a plus 1 but the only worth target should be prior and may be dead sometimes (below)
Add 3 Surfaces...this whit prior turn into monster reborn for ice barriers so u running 4 monster reborns now...Run 2 or 3. If u run 2 try 2 salvages too.

Also u lacking some staples like dark hole and mystical space typhoon.

Whit all that cards i suggested u to remove u should have space for traps for defending urself.
I recommend:
2 Calls.
Solemn brigade
Starlight road
Mirror Force
Staples traps....

MadnessLord
MadnessLord

Back to top Go down

Post  Soph 2012-02-05, 11:25

MadnessLord wrote:Yeah...y u no max medallion? 3 rota for no cost or level restrictions? mmm...
Ice barriers are slow thats why u must bring the meta to ur own speed (Ignore this lol, except the part that they are slow)
I think the key number in ice barriers should be 16-18, 3 medallions act like 3 monsters.

-1 Cryomancer IMO, there too many ways to destroy her without battling, also ur opp can always synch into a monster whit different attribute and that sucks....I see her only working against malefics.
-2 Crystal seer not worth if u dont run app magician.
-1 Dai-sojo good but unless u focus on ice spellcasters, gantala is the only tribute monster u should run, if u want to run him then do it.
-2 Raiho -1 Grunard, Grunard eats ur hand and raiho is good but u should run a build around him whit solidarity and inmortal bushi.
-1 Pilgrim If he had 1800 or something...
-1 Medium Kinda situational.

Add:
1-2 Cryomancer i think he is the best lv2 ice barrier tuner, if u add 2 take out spell striker
3 Mother grizzly, yeah Heimdall is right, and the fact that ice barriers are slow this searcher is welcome.
1 Skreech, instant dump gantala and prior, then use salvage/surface to recover prior and summon gantala.
2-3 Strategist, this guy/gungir, brionac/skreech are the main source to dump gantala and other icebarriers.

Spells: If u run more than 14 spells in ice barriers is ok because they need support.

-2 Degenerate circuit, the only way i see this working is whit brionac and dance pricness? still too situational.
-1 Double summon not necessary.
-2 Moray, this card looks good but then u notice.....pot of duality does a better job, still...this card is good for replacing the ice barriers u show to ur opp whit triangle.
-1 or -3 Triangle: This card should be played ONLY if prior didnt exist but this card is not necessary anymore. Still if u run it try 2.
2 more Pot of duality: Good opening whit strategist dumping gantala.
-2 or -1 Salvage, i know, this card is a plus 1 but the only worth target should be prior and may be dead sometimes (below)
Add 3 Surfaces...this whit prior turn into monster reborn for ice barriers so u running 4 monster reborns now...Run 2 or 3. If u run 2 try 2 salvages too.

Also u lacking some staples like dark hole and mystical space typhoon.

Whit all that cards i suggested u to remove u should have space for traps for defending urself.
I recommend:
2 Calls.
Solemn brigade
Starlight road
Mirror Force
Staples traps....

Well, listen...

- About traps i just took them out to place royal decree. I dont like traps... really.

- Dai sojo is a beast. Saving me all time.

- Crystal Seer is a "anti dead draw" that keeps saving me from double royal decrees and helping triangle.

- Pilgrim got a nice blocking effect. Trust me. Plus, is a ice barrier, thats gonna help activating effects.

- Grunard? Oh, well. Hes a attack beast, that can help with some field swarm. Btw, maybe hes gonna give room to other guys

- 1 Cryomancer and then + 1-2 cryomancer? Lol.

- 3 Mother grizzly. Well... nice point I didnt noticed her.

- Skreech... strategist does a better job. Avoid some dead draws and yadda yadda.

- Strategist ill try one more

- Degenerate circuit is already out

- Double summon helps with tributing

- Moray + salvage > duality. Plus, i have one duality already

- Salvage / Surface... well, ill try 1 salvage and 2 surfaces. Salvage is still a +1.

- MST: i didnt found room

- Dark Hole: forgot. lol, plus, its already in. Updating decklist...

- Spell striker: instant tribute.

-------------------

Btw, since i posted this thread i edited my deck a bit.

https://imgur.com/uf4XM

This way is better. Ill test.
Soph
Soph

Back to top Go down

Post  MadnessLord 2012-02-05, 15:42

Misread...geomancer, cryomancer...whats the difference? lol...
MadnessLord
MadnessLord

Back to top Go down

Post  Soph 2012-02-05, 21:51

MadnessLord wrote:Misread...geomancer, cryomancer...whats the difference? lol...

I think he isnt the best tuner. Defender does a better job with all the monsters on field
Soph
Soph

Back to top Go down

Post  MadnessLord 2012-02-06, 12:00

I said cryo as the best ice barrier lv2 tuner, of course defender is the best ice barrier tuner stopping even xyz...but no gladiator beasts Sad
MadnessLord
MadnessLord

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum