Dueling Network Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wulf, Lightsworn Beast

5 posters

Go down

Wulf, Lightsworn Beast Empty Wulf, Lightsworn Beast

Post  dragwingkeeper88 2011-06-19, 11:31

I milled myself using the effect of Ryko, Wulf was milled to the graveyard and then I special summoned him. My opponent activated Solemn warning negating the summon. I then activated a Monster reborn to special summon Wulf again. My opponent said I could not special summon Wulf again because he negated the first special summon (through Wulf's own effect)and therefore Wulf's summoning conditions were not met.(these are my opponents words not mine)The question is, can Wulf be special summoned through other means(i.e. Monster reborn, call of the haunted) besides his own effect? hope this makes sense, thanks!
dragwingkeeper88
dragwingkeeper88

Back to top Go down

Wulf, Lightsworn Beast Empty Re: Wulf, Lightsworn Beast

Post  Hyaweh★kawa 2011-06-19, 11:39

Q:is wulf a special summon-only monster?
A:No
Conclusion:
You can special summon wulf even if his effect to summon himself was negated by solemn warning.
//please google special summon-only monster if you're not familiar with it.
only special summon-only monster need to be succesfully summoned before it can be special summoned by another effect after being public knowledge.
Hyaweh★kawa
Hyaweh★kawa

Back to top Go down

Post  Key 2011-06-19, 17:23

dragwingkeeper88 wrote:I milled myself using the effect of Ryko, Wulf was milled to the graveyard and then I special summoned him. My opponent activated Solemn warning negating the activation of Wulf. I then activated a Monster reborn to special summon Wulf again. My opponent said I could not special summon Wulf again because he negated the activation of Wulf (through Wulf's own effect)and therefore Wulf's summoning conditions were not met.(these are my opponents words not mine)The question is, can Wulf be special summoned through other means(i.e. Monster reborn, call of the haunted) besides his own effect? hope this makes sense, thanks!

Fixed ...
Wulf is not yet summoned, so Solemn Warning doesn't negate its summon, rather activation of the effect
Key
Key
←↓Ruling Scrubbie↑→
←↓Ruling Scrubbie↑→

Birthday : 1994-11-29

Back to top Go down

Post  Hyaweh★kawa 2011-06-19, 18:10

to get rid of any wrong interpretation.
After the special summon of cyber dragon is negated by solemn judgment/warning, he can still be special summoned by another card effect because cyber dragon isn't a special summon-only monster.
Hyaweh★kawa
Hyaweh★kawa

Back to top Go down

Post  dragwingkeeper88 2011-06-19, 20:57

Thanks, thats what I thought but the guy just wouldn't listen. At least I didn't lose a duel because of this nonsense, my opponent just got pissed and quit!
dragwingkeeper88
dragwingkeeper88

Back to top Go down

Post  DOCTORSTUPID 2011-06-19, 21:15

Let me clarify the types of special summons:
"Only" - If a card says specifically says "only" in the card text the the monster must be summoned through the summoning conditions stated on the card, but if that card gets removed from play or sent to the grave after being properly summon it, you can special summon through another card effect like "Return from the Different Dimension" or "Monster Reborn". Although, if the summon is negated, the card counts as not being properly summoned and it cannot be summon through another cards effect, like if you use "Royal Oppression" on "Chaos Sorcerer" you will not be able to "Monster Reborn" it. The other card types that are like this but do not have "only" explictly written on the text are "Synchro", "Fusion", "Exceed" and "Ritual" cards.
"Except" - If a card specifically says "except" in the card text the monster can and only can be summoned through the summoning conditions on the card such as most of the "Elemental Hero" fusion monsters.
Everything else - If a card does not have the specific words "only" or "except" in the card text, it does not matter when the card is summoned if it is summoned through another card's effect like "Call of the Haunted"
DOCTORSTUPID
DOCTORSTUPID

Back to top Go down

Post  Hyaweh★kawa 2011-06-20, 02:57

there's no such thing as only-tipe monster or except-type monster.
the existing one is Special Summon-Only Monster, and Nomi monster.
there are also another card that can't be special summoned like Overdrive Teleporter/LaDD.
Extra-Deck Monster is a Special Summon-Only monster, so they can't be special summoned from graveyard, or after banished. They however can still be special summoned from extra-deck without performing Synchro-Shokkan, or Fusion-Summon unless stated otherwise.
Hyaweh★kawa
Hyaweh★kawa

Back to top Go down

Post  DOCTORSTUPID 2011-06-20, 03:11

I am not sure what you are referenficng as a source, but I have explaned how a monster can be summoned by deciphering specific card text and what it means if it says "only", "except", or nothing at all. What I have stated has no explict card "type" or name associated with it but can be referenced as a rule of thumb when reading most, if not all, monster card text(s).
DOCTORSTUPID
DOCTORSTUPID

Back to top Go down

Post  Miley Syrus + 2011-06-20, 03:21

Main point is that Wulf can be brought back when negated.

/Locked.
Miley Syrus +
Miley Syrus +

Birthday : 1991-01-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down