Dueling Network Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Shien's Chancellor

5 posters

Go down

Solved Shien's Chancellor

Post  Sentinelstrike 2012-02-15, 11:18

So, since I do not know anything about spell speeds or priority, I just wanted this answered.
The eff of chancellor, similar to BLS and Chaos Sorcerer that removes a face up monster from the field, can be activated in chain to a trap card? this of course being your own turn, and after summoning has been completed.

only reason why I got confused is not too sure if they changed ruling now but BLS could chain priority and remove someone before being destroyed.

thx Smile

Sentinelstrike

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Shien's Chancellor

Post  Badass_Bunny 2012-02-15, 11:26

No you can't chain it to Anything. You don't chain with priority.

Priority is game mechanic that lets the turn player place his certain effect as Chain Link 1.

Shien's Chancellor, effect is an ignition effect and you may activate it before your opponent responds just like BLS.
Badass_Bunny
Badass_Bunny
Smexy Duelist
Smexy Duelist

Birthday : 1996-04-17

Back to top Go down

Post  Sentinelstrike 2012-02-15, 11:27

ok but technically if they have something face down to use I won't be able to use it lol, I've seen so many people chain sorcerer and BLS in locals wow hahaha assholes

Sentinelstrike

Back to top Go down

Post  poemi 2012-02-15, 11:59

read above, you can activate chancellor on CL1 before opp respond with their s/t.
poemi
poemi

Birthday : 1983-12-10

Back to top Go down

Post  Sentinelstrike 2012-02-15, 12:11

ok poemi, i can summon chancellor and activate eff right away, but the opponent can just chain to the summon lol, unless thats how the rules work.... (as soon as I put chancellor down I should say use eff?) thats a little annoying since if anyone who summoned an effect unit would do that then why would anyone run bottomless trap hole... you get what i mean?

the ruling should not work that the player who flips their card fastest gets priority lol...

Sentinelstrike

Back to top Go down

Post  Dragonknight1991 2012-02-15, 15:14

Sentinelstrike wrote:ok poemi, i can summon chancellor and activate eff right away, but the opponent can just chain to the summon lol, unless thats how the rules work....
That's right you can claim priority to activate your effect before someone can respond (you Don't chain to a summon). This is however when you play TCG, OCG has now remove the priority.
Sentinelstrike wrote:
(as soon as I put chancellor down I should say use eff?) thats a little annoying since if anyone who summoned an effect unit would do that then why would anyone run bottomless trap hole... you get what i mean?
Yes, you should and this is the reason why BTH is played far less then before.
Sentinelstrike wrote:
the ruling should not work that the player who flips their card fastest gets priority lol...
As you see, it doesn't work that way.

Dragonknight1991

Back to top Go down

Post  Sentinelstrike 2012-02-15, 15:16

well, this will work in my favour then.. given that people on DN follow TCG? what about local tournaments and such? im not even sure what the difference between OCG and TCG is.

Sentinelstrike

Back to top Go down

Post  Magicknight94 2012-02-15, 19:13

Sentinelstrike wrote:well, this will work in my favour then.. given that people on DN follow TCG? what about local tournaments and such? im not even sure what the difference between OCG and TCG is.
1) TCG is English Yugioh. OCG is Asian Yugioh.

2) Priority is a right allow player do something in the game. It just like a ball in soccer, 22 players with 1 ball. It is given to turn player (master of the turn). You can only activate an effect if you have priority. So when you summon a mons in your turn, you are keeping priority, so you can activate your effect first. After that, you can pass priority to oppponent so he can activate his effect. It is really simple.
Magicknight94
Magicknight94

Back to top Go down

Post  Sentinelstrike 2012-02-15, 19:15

Magicknight94 wrote:
Sentinelstrike wrote:well, this will work in my favour then.. given that people on DN follow TCG? what about local tournaments and such? im not even sure what the difference between OCG and TCG is.
1) TCG is English Yugioh. OCG is Asian Yugioh.

2) Priority is a right allow player do something in the game. It just like a ball in soccer, 22 players with 1 ball. It is given to turn player (master of the turn). You can only activate an effect if you have priority. So when you summon a mons in your turn, you are keeping priority, so you can activate your effect first. After that, you can pass priority to oppponent so he can activate his effect. It is really simple.

that makes perfect sense, the only thing that would negate my priority is a counter trap correct? such as solemn warning/judgement because the monster itself was never summoned

Sentinelstrike

Back to top Go down

Post  Magicknight94 2012-02-15, 19:20

When you summon a monster, there is 2 timings to activate an effect to respond that summon. "Before the mons hit the field" and "after the mons hit the field".

In "before the mons hit the field" window, only effects that negate summon can be activated at chain link 1, like Royal Oppression, Solemn Warning, Thunder King Raioh. But in this timing, turn player still has priority to negate his own summon with those cards, but nobody do that, so it is look like Counter Trap steal priority, which is not true.

The only way can steal priority from turn player is using a Trigger Effect. Because Trigger Effects can automatically activate, it can activate even if turn player is keeping priority.
Magicknight94
Magicknight94

Back to top Go down

Post  Sentinelstrike 2012-02-15, 19:23

ok thanks magic knight, that also tells me that leg six enishi will have less presence than i thought during my opponents turn (they will be given priority) so that is definetly something to think about.
Learning more stuff everyday
cheers! Smile

Sentinelstrike

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum