Dueling Network Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chained Macro Cosmos VS Cost discarding

+11
poemi
The Predator32
Exiled
PerseusStoned
Badass_Bunny
skielinfiniti
dest
kangtuji
MrChillmatic
Nelo Angelo
Codebreaker V
15 posters

Go down

Chained Macro Cosmos VS Cost discarding Empty Chained Macro Cosmos VS Cost discarding

Post  Codebreaker V 2012-02-19, 11:39

Alright, I've played this game since the beginning of things, and I've paid attention fairly well to changes, So I'm a little confused about something here.

In the past, and I have several older links backing it up, When You chain macro Cosmos to the activation of a card like Solar Recharge or One for One, the Discard cost for the card is Removed from Play. Since the old days of magic Jammer and so on, its always been established that you flip the card face up, or play the spell card from your hand, THEN discard to pay the cost. But Now I am hearing from random new people who never played the game in the past, that the cost goes to the graveyard. This confuses me, considering Ive always played macro so Ive always been up on rulings. So if its true that the cost is discarded to the grave, and not out of play, could someone please explain WHEN this changed? And dont try the line "its always been this way", because its not always been that way.

BTW, I have searched things like wikia and netrep and so on, and theres no mention of this ruling like there used to be. THe ruling is on other sites, including online stores that sell the cards.
Codebreaker V
Codebreaker V

Birthday : 1985-01-30

Back to top Go down

Chained Macro Cosmos VS Cost discarding Empty Re: Chained Macro Cosmos VS Cost discarding

Post  Nelo Angelo 2012-02-19, 11:45

Since you chain Macro, it resolves first so I think it does get removed. Not entirely. Sure though :/
Nelo Angelo
Nelo Angelo

Birthday : 1992-12-04

Back to top Go down

Chained Macro Cosmos VS Cost discarding Empty Re: Chained Macro Cosmos VS Cost discarding

Post  MrChillmatic 2012-02-19, 11:50

You discard/pay cost before activating the card so I think they go to the grave.
MrChillmatic
MrChillmatic

Birthday : 1990-01-09

Back to top Go down

Post  Nelo Angelo 2012-02-19, 11:57

MrChillmatic wrote:You discard/pay cost before activating the card so I think they go to the grave.

Yeah I just checked since it is a cost it goes to the grave first before macro activates
Nelo Angelo
Nelo Angelo

Birthday : 1992-12-04

Back to top Go down

Post  kangtuji 2012-02-19, 12:00

Sprit reaper doesn't get destroyed immediately when got targetted

But when you flip solemn warning/judge you immediately pay the cost
kangtuji
kangtuji

Back to top Go down

Post  Codebreaker V 2012-02-19, 12:01

Im wondering, WHEN this supposed ruling CHANGED. Since ive never seen this before O.o and old duelists ive played, automatically banish the cost to discard, and new duelists argue with me.
Codebreaker V
Codebreaker V

Back to top Go down

Post  MrChillmatic 2012-02-19, 12:07

http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Cost

1. Costs are paid before the activation of a card, not after.
MrChillmatic
MrChillmatic

Back to top Go down

Post  Codebreaker V 2012-02-19, 12:10

Ive played the game since the beginning, WE NEVER paid 800 LP before putting Premature Burial on the field, and we never paid 1000 LP before flipping over 7 tools of the bandit. So when did that change?
Codebreaker V
Codebreaker V

Back to top Go down

Post  dest 2012-02-19, 12:13

1. Place the card on the field
2. pay costs
3. It is considered activated and you may chain

it was never changed, it was always like that
dest
dest
Boneash
Boneash

Birthday : 1987-07-30

Back to top Go down

Post  skielinfiniti 2012-02-19, 12:24

The main thing to take note of, as indicated above, is that costs are paid BEFORE any other card can chain to it. This is why you wont get a "refund" if the card is negated.

So if you use a card like Lightning Vortex, you discard for the cost. Then, your opponent can chain Macro Cosmos or whatever. Since the cost was already paid and sent to the Graveyard, it wont be banished when Macro Cosmos resolves.
skielinfiniti
skielinfiniti

Back to top Go down

Post  Badass_Bunny 2012-02-19, 12:25

Codebreaker V wrote:Ive played the game since the beginning, WE NEVER paid 800 LP before putting Premature Burial on the field, and we never paid 1000 LP before flipping over 7 tools of the bandit. So when did that change?

Sorry to disappoint you but you were playing it wrong
Badass_Bunny
Badass_Bunny
Smexy Duelist
Smexy Duelist

Birthday : 1996-04-17

Back to top Go down

Post  Codebreaker V 2012-02-19, 12:29

Badass_Bunny wrote:
Codebreaker V wrote:Ive played the game since the beginning, WE NEVER paid 800 LP before putting Premature Burial on the field, and we never paid 1000 LP before flipping over 7 tools of the bandit. So when did that change?

Sorry to disappoint you but you were playing it wrong

*rolls eyes* Then so were over 1000 other duelists years ago before you started playing.

anyways. Im obviously not going to get an answer around here.
Codebreaker V
Codebreaker V

Back to top Go down

Post  MrChillmatic 2012-02-19, 12:39

We've showed you enough proof as to why costs are paid before activation. You can ask anywhere else and get the same answer.

You can do whatever you want, you asked us a question and we gave the answer, it may not be to your liking but w/e.
MrChillmatic
MrChillmatic

Back to top Go down

Post  Codebreaker V 2012-02-19, 12:41

The question I have asked multiple times wasnt answered. But its fine. Im over it. There are other sites.
Codebreaker V
Codebreaker V

Back to top Go down

Post  PerseusStoned 2012-02-19, 12:42

Codebreaker V, several people here have you given you the exact answer you're looking for. Get on Duelingnetwork and look at (way) over 1000 duelists play wrong as we speak. The majority does not change the objective and in this occasion several people have gone out of their way to give you the correct answer. Just because it is not the one that you're comfortable with doesn't mean you should be rude.

You say you have several older links to back up your claim, would you share?

PerseusStoned

Back to top Go down

Post  Exiled 2012-02-19, 12:45

The answer to your question is that it never changed. You just never knew the ruling, you were playing the game incorrectly.
Exiled
Exiled

Back to top Go down

Post  The Predator32 2012-02-19, 13:00

Lawl. I played back when starter deck yugi and kaiba came out too. True OG status. And I can tell you 90% of people myself included playing back then were playing wrong lol. Granted I was like 13 at the time lol. Btw back then Macro Cosmos wasn't even released yet lol. Infact Macro came out in 06. I hope 06 isn't what you call playing since the beginning. If so i think you missed 4 years.
The Predator32
The Predator32

Birthday : 1988-04-18

Back to top Go down

Post  kangtuji 2012-02-19, 13:05

OP must be new to this gameâ„¢

kangtuji
kangtuji

Back to top Go down

Post  poemi 2012-02-19, 13:30

@OP
Rather than how the cost paid, I think you're forgetting the fact that the chain is always resolved backwards.
You paid the cost when activating the card. it was way before macro resolved, thus it won't be banished.

CL1 activation of some card, discarding a card for cost to grave
CL2 activation of macro cosmos
resolve
CL2 macro cosmos now resolved, anything sent to the grave beyond this point got banished instead
CL1 some card resolved
poemi
poemi

Birthday : 1983-12-10

Back to top Go down

Post  Codebreaker V 2012-02-28, 18:38

The Predator32 wrote:Lawl. I played back when starter deck yugi and kaiba came out too. True OG status. And I can tell you 90% of people myself included playing back then were playing wrong lol. Granted I was like 13 at the time lol. Btw back then Macro Cosmos wasn't even released yet lol. Infact Macro came out in 06. I hope 06 isn't what you call playing since the beginning. If so i think you missed 4 years.

This is what I was looking for. Im glad someone finally understood where my question was coming from. I still have my first edition kaiba and yugi starter decks from the day I bought them. I still own my 1st edition exodia set from back then. When macro Came out, it was never questioned that the cost of the discard went out of play. The many people i played with, believed the same thing. I just recently ran into this business with the cost being discarded first, which sounds odd because ive basically played every week since the beginning.

thanks predator.
Codebreaker V
Codebreaker V

Back to top Go down

Post  Occultdude17 2012-02-28, 18:54

Why do people ask rulings questions when all the want is to have their actions/beliefs justified? If you're not asking with the intent of getting the correct answer, no matter what it might be, then you're better off just rage-quitting every time the issue comes up in a game.
Occultdude17
Occultdude17

Back to top Go down

Post  S.S.A. 2012-02-28, 19:00

Codebreaker V wrote:
The Predator32 wrote:Lawl. I played back when starter deck yugi and kaiba came out too. True OG status. And I can tell you 90% of people myself included playing back then were playing wrong lol. Granted I was like 13 at the time lol. Btw back then Macro Cosmos wasn't even released yet lol. Infact Macro came out in 06. I hope 06 isn't what you call playing since the beginning. If so i think you missed 4 years.

This is what I was looking for. Im glad someone finally understood where my question was coming from. I still have my first edition kaiba and yugi starter decks from the day I bought them. I still own my 1st edition exodia set from back then. When macro Came out, it was never questioned that the cost of the discard went out of play. The many people i played with, believed the same thing. I just recently ran into this business with the cost being discarded first, which sounds odd because ive basically played every week since the beginning.

thanks predator.

predator did not say a single thing about the ruling that was not said before, all he said was that he played since the beginning, which many other people here have as well...

all he said was that he played it wrong too...
S.S.A.
S.S.A.

Back to top Go down

Post  Codebreaker V 2012-02-28, 19:04

its fine if you neither of you understand.

anyways, matter closed. BOTH my questions were answered
Codebreaker V
Codebreaker V

Back to top Go down

Post  thehostplayer 2012-02-28, 19:08

1. Make new thread asking question
2. Get answer. Bitch about not liking answer.
3. ??????????????
4. PROFIT!!!
thehostplayer
thehostplayer

Birthday : 1990-12-04

http://thehostplayer.jimdo.com

Back to top Go down

Post  S.S.A. 2012-02-28, 19:08

i dont get why your thanking preditor and scoffing at bunny and the other people who posted before him
S.S.A.
S.S.A.

Back to top Go down

Post  raidou 2012-02-28, 19:12

i dont get why is he thanking predator either

The Predator32 wrote: And I can tell you 90% of people myself included playing back then were playing wrong lol. Granted I was like 13 at the time lol.
<<<< predator learned how costs works long time ago

you didnt , you been playing this game wrong for years!(some people learn way slower than others )

codebreaker V just now finds out after all this time costs arent effects (thinking macro would remove the cost means he thought it was an effect)

raidou
raidou

Back to top Go down

Post  thehostplayer 2012-02-28, 19:24

I really don't understand what is SO difficult about this...
thehostplayer
thehostplayer

Back to top Go down

Post  Occultdude17 2012-02-28, 19:27

S.S.A. wrote:i dont get why your thanking preditor and scoffing at bunny and the other people who posted before him

Because the original poster is a patronising noob with no understanding of how the game works, despite having "played for so long".
Occultdude17
Occultdude17

Back to top Go down

Post  Codebreaker V 2012-02-28, 19:30

If you simpletons are done being hostile, thatd be nice. You dont understand what i was looking for. Im so tired of the new generation thinking they know everything.
Codebreaker V
Codebreaker V

Back to top Go down

Post  raidou 2012-02-28, 19:31

dont blame predator he never said he still think the cards work like codebreaker said he just said that he played the cards wrong when he started a long time ago

codebreaker wants so badly to someone to say hes right he misread what predator posted
raidou
raidou

Back to top Go down

Post  Occultdude17 2012-02-28, 19:32

Codebreaker V wrote:If you simpletons are done being hostile, thatd be nice. You dont understand what i was looking for. Im so tired of the new generation thinking they know everything.

New? Me? Why, what month and year did you start playing?
Occultdude17
Occultdude17

Back to top Go down

Post  raidou 2012-02-28, 19:35

for what he posted he been playing this game for over 10 years ....and just now finds out post are paid at activation and arent effect

must be hard to admit he never checked a rulebook and been playing this game wrong for 10 years
raidou
raidou

Back to top Go down

Post  thehostplayer 2012-02-28, 19:36

Codebreaker V wrote:If you simpletons are done being hostile, thatd be nice. You dont understand what i was looking for. Im so tired of the new generation thinking they know everything.

HAHAHAH. Brilliant.

This thread is solid gold.
thehostplayer
thehostplayer

Back to top Go down

Post  The Predator32 2012-02-28, 20:05

WTF!? My face right now ----> o_O

How does me saying I used to play wrong spawn like 6 posts referencing my name?

Anyway OP says both his question were answered. Time to lock now, yes?
The Predator32
The Predator32

Birthday : 1988-04-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Occultdude17 2012-02-28, 20:15

Yes, PLEASE!!!
Occultdude17
Occultdude17

Back to top Go down

Post  kangtuji 2012-02-28, 20:16

raidou wrote:for what he posted he been playing this game for over 10 years ....and just now finds out post are paid at activation and arent effect

must be hard to admit he never checked a rulebook and been playing this game wrong for 10 years

Speaking of wrong play... I've been playing Necrovalley wrongly for... uh I dunno... over the years definitely

Previously I never ask my opp, now after I learn on DN.. I have to ased my opp everytime for not getting back their monster reborn from grave when necro active on field, Laughing

kangtuji
kangtuji

Back to top Go down

Post  Occultdude17 2012-02-28, 20:51

kangtuji wrote:Speaking of wrong play... I've been playing Necrovalley wrongly for... uh I dunno... over the years definitely

Previously I never ask my opp, now after I learn on DN.. I have to ased my opp everytime for not getting back their monster reborn from grave when necro active on field, :lol

Yeah, we know. You've already made a huge deal out of it.
Occultdude17
Occultdude17

Back to top Go down

Post  S.S.A. 2012-02-28, 22:44

then be right once and a while and we wouldnt think that...also im not "new generation" i bought my own starter deck yugi just like everyone else
S.S.A.
S.S.A.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum