Dueling Network Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fire Deck and Cards out of play

2 posters

Go down

Fire Deck and Cards out of play Empty Fire Deck and Cards out of play

Post  DemonCatLord 2012-02-21, 02:56

That was basically what my deck was looking like and since its been a while since I've last played seriously, so i was hoping to get some help "repairing" my deck, so to speak.

Would anyone with experiene with Fire Cards or strategies about cards removed from play be my coach for a little bit?

I'm sorry if this is the wrong place to put this thread, I'm still looking around.
DemonCatLord
DemonCatLord

Birthday : 1990-08-02

Back to top Go down

Fire Deck and Cards out of play Empty Re: Fire Deck and Cards out of play

Post  MrChillmatic 2012-02-21, 03:20

There are some FIRE-based decks in the game :

- Laval : Focus on Synchro summoning by filling themselves in the grave. They have one of the best support cards in the game in "Rekindlking" that lets theml do crazy synchros if they have good graveyard setup.
- Flamvell : Can mix with Laval. Also a synchro deck at heart that can use "Rekindling" as well. They can also XYZ and are a fast deck.
- Evol : Composed of Reptiles/Dinosaurs/Dragons. They rely on special summoning (the Reptiles are used to SS the Dinos) and XYZ summon (The Dinosaurs turn into Dragons..).
- Jurrac : An all Dinosaur FIRE deck. They have effects that deal with destruction and can Synchro/XYZ efficiently. They also can mesh well with the Evol monsters.
- Volcanic : You may have seen them in te GX anime (used by Axel Brodie). They're weaker than the other archetypes and they rely on destroying cards and inflicting burn damage.

I don't know if you intend to pick a themed deck or play a deckk that relies on FIRE monsters as a whole rather than an archetype. I'm not sure about a remove from play strategy to be honest, Infernal Flame Emperor can help in that, but it's not exactly a really good card.
MrChillmatic
MrChillmatic

Birthday : 1990-01-09

Back to top Go down

Post  DemonCatLord 2012-02-21, 14:17

Ok well I played a few duels, using a modified structure deck (replacing the cards that were forbidden with others) and there is a lot more to this game than i remember, so i'm sort of making this up as a i go along. I dont know what any of that list even is, i'm watching the whole series on hulu as a half decent refresher course. i haven't seen much past tthe main series. i stopped being able to watch yugioh by the time gx came out.
DemonCatLord
DemonCatLord

Back to top Go down

Post  MrChillmatic 2012-02-21, 15:00

Same here, haven't watched the series since like the 1st season or so of GX. Heard 5ds was good tho.

Well if you're talking about that fire structure deck that date from 05-06, then you'll need to change lots of things. The game has changed drastically since that it's impossible for a deck like that to keep up with the faster one.
MrChillmatic
MrChillmatic

Back to top Go down

Post  DemonCatLord 2012-02-21, 17:32

"blaze from destruction" from 08 i think. im only using it to practice.
DemonCatLord
DemonCatLord

Back to top Go down

Post  MrChillmatic 2012-02-22, 03:39

It is the structure deck I was talking about, with Infernal Flame Emperor. It was released in 2005. I know it cuz the structure was available in those GX GBA games made in 2006.

The structure deck wasn't that good for it's time and isn't now since the game changed so much in the last 6-7 years since this deck was made.

Other than the now banned cards (Snatch Steal, Pot of Greed and Premature Burila), it has a lot of monsters/cards that are outdated.

The cover monster, Infernal Flame Emperor, is crap nowadays. It can't be special summon so you need 2 tributes for it and it's effect is just subpar. Nowadays, players don't set a lot of traps and the traps set are there to counter summons anyways, so that makes Infernal Flame Emperor bad. Plus it ries to do a lot of things at once : burn, direct attack, stall... Fox Fire the monster that can comeback each turn can't even be used as a tribute for Flame Emperor/Fire Monarch.

If you need to make this deck viable in this age, you'll need to pretty much change it all. I'd say the WATER structure deck that came after this is more viable, but I digress.
MrChillmatic
MrChillmatic

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum