Dueling Network Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Brionac vs Torrential Tribute (Timing Question)

2 posters

Go down

Solved Brionac vs Torrential Tribute (Timing Question)

Post  Thrillhouse 2012-02-21, 07:24

Hello everyone.

If i summon my Brionac to use its effect and discard fabled cerburrel (it returns to the field, when discarded - no matter if as a cost or not), would cerburrel return first and then brionacs effect resolves?

because if so, my opponent could chain torrential tribute to clear the field easily.

another question: if i use brionacs effect three times on three different trap/monster/spell cards of my opponent, and i discard three copies of fabled cerburrel, do they activate at the same time (just like playing card destruction) or do they start a chain, in which they all are summoned one after another?

Thrillhouse

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Brionac vs Torrential Tribute (Timing Question)

Post  Miror B. 2012-02-21, 07:26

1. No. Cerburel starts a chain after Brionac's effect resolves and happens after the current chain. So Brionac will bounce, then Cerburel will activate.

2. If you're using Brio's effect 3 different times they each summon in between the chains. If you're discarding all 3 at once, they chain to each other.
Miror B.
Miror B.

Back to top Go down

Post  Thrillhouse 2012-02-21, 07:42

Miror B. wrote:

2. If you're using Brio's effect 3 different times they each summon in between the chains.

meaning i return one card to the hand, than cerburrel pops out of the graveyard.
brionac returns another card, than another cerburrel pops, etc..
right?

very helpful so far! thanks!

Thrillhouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Miror B. 2012-02-21, 13:32

Thrillhouse wrote:
Miror B. wrote:

2. If you're using Brio's effect 3 different times they each summon in between the chains.

meaning i return one card to the hand, than cerburrel pops out of the graveyard.
brionac returns another card, than another cerburrel pops, etc..
right?

very helpful so far! thanks!

Lemme explain cuz I'm not sure you're understanding.

If you activate brio once, you choose to discard any number of cards, then return that number of monsters.

The way you said it sounded like you used the effect 3 different times, each time discarding one Cerburrel. Hence the example.

So basically, you activate Brio, discard any number of cards, return that number of card to the hand, then any effects that go off when discarded chain together in a new chain.
Miror B.
Miror B.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum