Dueling Network Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Absorb Jar

4 posters

Go down

Absorb Jar Empty Absorb Jar

Post  SmilesAlot 2012-02-22, 17:38

Not sure whose end this falls on, wikis or Dueling Networks but here it is anyways. Absorb Jar is different on yugioh-wiki and Dueling Network.

DN = Destroy all Set Spell/Trap Cards on the field. The controller(s) of the destroyed cards draw 1 card for each of their cards destroyed by this effect. You cannot Set cards during this turn.

Wiki = Destroy all Set Spell and Trap Cards on the field. Then, each player draws cards equal to the number of their cards destroyed by this effect. This turn, you cannot Set cards.

The key difference here being the word "then". "Then" implies that the effects don't happen simultaneously but since Dueling Networks version says "destroy all set s/t. Both players draw cards" and not "destroy all set s/t. THEN each player draws cards" means that Dueling Networks version should work with geartown without it missing its timing. Which changes the card significantly.

Which sites wording is correct?
SmilesAlot
SmilesAlot

Back to top Go down

Absorb Jar Empty Re: Absorb Jar

Post  Lyoko15 2012-02-22, 18:08

A quick tranlation with Google Translate:

リバース:フィールド上にセットされた魔法 罠カードを全て破壊する。破壊されたカードのコントローラーは、破壊された数だけデッキからカードをドローする。このターン、自分はカードをセットできない。

Destroy all Spell or Trap card on the field is set to: Reverse. Controller card is destroyed, you draw a card from the deck only a few were destroyed. This turn, one can not set the card.
Google Translate doesn't give great translations in these cases, but I don't see 'then' or a similar word in the translation. So it looks like the wikia is wrong.
Lyoko15
Lyoko15

Birthday : 1996-01-29

Back to top Go down

Post  SmilesAlot 2012-02-22, 18:16

Lyoko15 wrote:A quick tranlation with Google Translate:

リバース:フィールド上にセットされた魔法 罠カードを全て破壊する。破壊されたカードのコントローラーは、破壊された数だけデッキからカードをドローする。このターン、自分はカードをセットできない。

Destroy all Spell or Trap card on the field is set to: Reverse. Controller card is destroyed, you draw a card from the deck only a few were destroyed. This turn, one can not set the card.
Google Translate doesn't give great translations in these cases, but I don't see 'then' or a similar word in the translation. So it looks like the wikia is wrong.

Gonna just wait for a mod answer. By the way your sig freaked me out for a moment until I checked my IP address. Shocked
SmilesAlot
SmilesAlot

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyoko15 2012-02-22, 18:23

Lol, never thought my sig would be this scary Razz
There is also one which knows where you live on Danasoft Twisted Evil
Lyoko15
Lyoko15

Back to top Go down

Post  Miror B. 2012-02-22, 18:34

Period implies a full stop. The period means the same thing as then essentially.

Neither version is simultaneous.
Miror B.
Miror B.

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyoko15 2012-02-22, 18:43

Hmm, I see. Thanks for helping out.
Lyoko15
Lyoko15

Back to top Go down

Post  SmilesAlot 2012-02-22, 18:53

A mod told me that Gryphon's featehr duster works with geartown without missing its timing. Unless the mod was wrong isn't the wording on gryphons the same difference? "destroy all s/t. Increase your life points."
SmilesAlot
SmilesAlot

Back to top Go down

Post  Neonian 2012-02-22, 22:42

Unless an effect says "and", then the effects do not resolve simultaneously. In either translation the same thing will happen.
Neonian
Neonian

Birthday : 1992-10-10

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down