Dueling Network Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What is worse, Quitting or Waiting for a Mod??

+7
DuelKing
[EP] Irate
The Predator32
95apocalypse
MrJokster
PerseusStoned
GanNing
11 posters

Go down

What is worse

What is worse, Quitting or Waiting for a Mod?? Vote_lcap30%What is worse, Quitting or Waiting for a Mod?? Vote_rcap 30% 
[ 7 ]
What is worse, Quitting or Waiting for a Mod?? Vote_lcap70%What is worse, Quitting or Waiting for a Mod?? Vote_rcap 70% 
[ 16 ]

Total Votes : 23

What is worse, Quitting or Waiting for a Mod?? Empty What is worse, Quitting or Waiting for a Mod??

Post  GanNing 2012-02-26, 04:46

You know when your dueling a noob and he doesn't understand basic yugioh rules and he won't listen to your explanation?

What is worse, the 10 min wait for a mod? or Quitting the duel?
GanNing
GanNing

Back to top Go down

What is worse, Quitting or Waiting for a Mod?? Empty Re: What is worse, Quitting or Waiting for a Mod??

Post  PerseusStoned 2012-02-26, 15:21

I'm glad everyone has been in agreement about this so far.

PerseusStoned

Back to top Go down

What is worse, Quitting or Waiting for a Mod?? Empty Re: What is worse, Quitting or Waiting for a Mod??

Post  MrJokster 2012-02-26, 15:50

Tough call. I personally think waiting for a mod is worse because on all the occasions I have personally done it it's taken at least a half hour. I've had my opponents quit while we're waiting more often than having a mod show up beforehand. I know that the mods are busy and can only get to people so fast, and I myself don't mind waiting, but as I just said there are many people who want speed over efficiency.
MrJokster
MrJokster

Back to top Go down

Post  95apocalypse 2012-02-26, 16:47

Personally what I like to do is call an admin, then mess with the noobs head to make them quit, if not I just wait
95apocalypse
95apocalypse

Birthday : 1994-07-02

Back to top Go down

Post  The Predator32 2012-02-26, 16:49

I'll always wait for the mod. If it gets the the point where my opponent cannot be reasoned with and I have nothing more to say to him/her i'll just chat in public chat to pass the time.
The Predator32
The Predator32

Birthday : 1988-04-18

Back to top Go down

Post  [EP] Irate 2012-02-26, 17:11

It's a great pass-time to just watch a YT-Video or something like that when waiting for an admin (even us admins use the Call Admin Button once in a time).
[EP] Irate
[EP] Irate
Irate God
Irate God

Birthday : 1996-02-02

https://www.youtube.com/user/SkarmoryHunter

Back to top Go down

Post  DuelKing 2012-02-26, 17:26

Wait definitely. I don't think it's worth the points and loss to avoid waiting for a mod and dealing with a noob. While I wait, I try to keep explaining to them in multiple ways why they're wrong. If I can't make it any simpler, then I just go on the forums, but alternate between pages in case the mod comes while I'm browsing the forums.
DuelKing
DuelKing

Birthday : 1997-03-25

Back to top Go down

Post  FrozenFire 2012-02-26, 18:22

Mod usually takes ten minutes when I see it used. I'm willing to wait as I don't see the benefit of quitting.
FrozenFire
FrozenFire

Back to top Go down

Post  The Predator32 2012-02-26, 18:44

FrozenFire wrote:Mod usually takes ten minutes when I see it used. I'm willing to wait as I don't see the benefit of quitting.

the wait is totally dependant on how many admin calls there are and how many admins are actively answering them at the time. I've pressed the button once and an admin was there in less than 5 mins. I was shocked. And i've had times the button was pressed and it'd be like 30 mins. Either way I'm a calm guy so I don't get angry and just make jokes in public chat till i see a wild admin appear. Unfortunately they repel master balls Sad
The Predator32
The Predator32

Birthday : 1988-04-18

Back to top Go down

Post  xXkillitwiththefireXx 2012-02-26, 18:57

i rather loose some rating then my nerves explaining that Scrap-Iron Scarecrow cannot be activated unlimited times during one turn

https://i.imgur.com/jQY60.jpg
xXkillitwiththefireXx
xXkillitwiththefireXx

Birthday : 1996-12-12

Back to top Go down

Post  DefiniteOtaku 2012-02-26, 23:38

The real question is Do I want to wait patiently or quit because I have no patience?
DefiniteOtaku
DefiniteOtaku
Chaotic Stupid
Chaotic Stupid

Birthday : 1992-10-28

Back to top Go down

Post  PerseusStoned 2012-02-27, 00:51

The way I see it, its not so much about the ratings/rankings (since there's a good chance I can win enough games fast enough to compensate for that), so much as its the principal of the thing. I always post rulings/etc first before calling an admin, but if they don't listen to reason or continue playing in a poor manner I see it as my duty to correct them and let them know they can't just troll for free wins. Trying to do my part for the community, right?

PerseusStoned

Back to top Go down

Post  Tcbskater 2012-02-27, 09:25

MrJokster wrote:Tough call. I personally think waiting for a mod is worse because on all the occasions I have personally done it it's taken at least a half hour. I've had my opponents quit while we're waiting more often than having a mod show up beforehand. I know that the mods are busy and can only get to people so fast, and I myself don't mind waiting, but as I just said there are many people who want speed over efficiency.

If people really expect us to cut our efficiency and how well we do our job in exchange for getting the calls done faster, then are absolute idiots.
Tcbskater
Tcbskater

Birthday : 1994-03-10

http://www.clocktowergaming.com

Back to top Go down

Post  MrJokster 2012-02-27, 22:14

Tcbskater wrote:
MrJokster wrote:Tough call. I personally think waiting for a mod is worse because on all the occasions I have personally done it it's taken at least a half hour. I've had my opponents quit while we're waiting more often than having a mod show up beforehand. I know that the mods are busy and can only get to people so fast, and I myself don't mind waiting, but as I just said there are many people who want speed over efficiency.

If people really expect us to cut our efficiency and how well we do our job in exchange for getting the calls done faster, then are absolute idiots.

I agree and yet the amount of people in that category is quite numerous. On average these days people tend to be highly impatient.
MrJokster
MrJokster

Back to top Go down

Post  FrozenFire 2012-02-27, 23:45

could not alot of problems be solved by having DN endorse some well-known sites with reputed rulings. yugioh.wikia and pojo have decent explanations of cards, but so many people refuse to accept what they say!
FrozenFire
FrozenFire

Back to top Go down

Post  Tcbskater 2012-02-27, 23:50

FrozenFire wrote:could not alot of problems be solved by having DN endorse some well-known sites with reputed rulings. yugioh.wikia and pojo have decent explanations of cards, but so many people refuse to accept what they say!

If people don't understand that yugioh.wikia has sources to where the rulings come from and Pojo is full of people who know what they're talking about, a DN endorsement won't help with that at all.
Tcbskater
Tcbskater

Birthday : 1994-03-10

http://www.clocktowergaming.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down