What is worse, Quitting or Waiting for a Mod??

Go down

What is worse

30% 30% 
[ 7 ]
70% 70% 
[ 16 ]
 
Total Votes : 23

What is worse, Quitting or Waiting for a Mod??

Post  GanNing on 2012-02-26, 04:46

You know when your dueling a noob and he doesn't understand basic yugioh rules and he won't listen to your explanation?

What is worse, the 10 min wait for a mod? or Quitting the duel?
avatar
GanNing


Posts : 4
Join date : 2011-09-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What is worse, Quitting or Waiting for a Mod??

Post  PerseusStoned on 2012-02-26, 15:21

I'm glad everyone has been in agreement about this so far.

PerseusStoned


Posts : 16
Join date : 2012-02-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What is worse, Quitting or Waiting for a Mod??

Post  MrJokster on 2012-02-26, 15:50

Tough call. I personally think waiting for a mod is worse because on all the occasions I have personally done it it's taken at least a half hour. I've had my opponents quit while we're waiting more often than having a mod show up beforehand. I know that the mods are busy and can only get to people so fast, and I myself don't mind waiting, but as I just said there are many people who want speed over efficiency.
avatar
MrJokster


Posts : 65
Join date : 2011-06-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What is worse, Quitting or Waiting for a Mod??

Post  95apocalypse on 2012-02-26, 16:47

Personally what I like to do is call an admin, then mess with the noobs head to make them quit, if not I just wait
avatar
95apocalypse


Posts : 98
Birthday : 1994-07-02
Join date : 2011-11-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What is worse, Quitting or Waiting for a Mod??

Post  The Predator32 on 2012-02-26, 16:49

I'll always wait for the mod. If it gets the the point where my opponent cannot be reasoned with and I have nothing more to say to him/her i'll just chat in public chat to pass the time.
avatar
The Predator32


Posts : 196
Birthday : 1988-04-18
Join date : 2011-12-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What is worse, Quitting or Waiting for a Mod??

Post  [EP] Irate on 2012-02-26, 17:11

It's a great pass-time to just watch a YT-Video or something like that when waiting for an admin (even us admins use the Call Admin Button once in a time).
avatar
[EP] Irate
Irate God
Irate God

Posts : 539
Birthday : 1996-02-02
Join date : 2011-09-17

View user profile https://www.youtube.com/user/SkarmoryHunter

Back to top Go down

Re: What is worse, Quitting or Waiting for a Mod??

Post  DuelKing on 2012-02-26, 17:26

Wait definitely. I don't think it's worth the points and loss to avoid waiting for a mod and dealing with a noob. While I wait, I try to keep explaining to them in multiple ways why they're wrong. If I can't make it any simpler, then I just go on the forums, but alternate between pages in case the mod comes while I'm browsing the forums.
avatar
DuelKing


Posts : 324
Birthday : 1997-03-25
Join date : 2011-06-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What is worse, Quitting or Waiting for a Mod??

Post  FrozenFire on 2012-02-26, 18:22

Mod usually takes ten minutes when I see it used. I'm willing to wait as I don't see the benefit of quitting.
avatar
FrozenFire


Posts : 26
Join date : 2011-12-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What is worse, Quitting or Waiting for a Mod??

Post  The Predator32 on 2012-02-26, 18:44

FrozenFire wrote:Mod usually takes ten minutes when I see it used. I'm willing to wait as I don't see the benefit of quitting.

the wait is totally dependant on how many admin calls there are and how many admins are actively answering them at the time. I've pressed the button once and an admin was there in less than 5 mins. I was shocked. And i've had times the button was pressed and it'd be like 30 mins. Either way I'm a calm guy so I don't get angry and just make jokes in public chat till i see a wild admin appear. Unfortunately they repel master balls Sad
avatar
The Predator32


Posts : 196
Birthday : 1988-04-18
Join date : 2011-12-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What is worse, Quitting or Waiting for a Mod??

Post  xXkillitwiththefireXx on 2012-02-26, 18:57

i rather loose some rating then my nerves explaining that Scrap-Iron Scarecrow cannot be activated unlimited times during one turn


https://i.imgur.com/jQY60.jpg
avatar
xXkillitwiththefireXx


Posts : 31
Birthday : 1996-12-12
Join date : 2011-09-27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What is worse, Quitting or Waiting for a Mod??

Post  DefiniteOtaku on 2012-02-26, 23:38

The real question is Do I want to wait patiently or quit because I have no patience?
avatar
DefiniteOtaku
Chaotic Stupid
Chaotic Stupid

Posts : 1088
Birthday : 1992-10-28
Join date : 2011-07-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What is worse, Quitting or Waiting for a Mod??

Post  PerseusStoned on 2012-02-27, 00:51

The way I see it, its not so much about the ratings/rankings (since there's a good chance I can win enough games fast enough to compensate for that), so much as its the principal of the thing. I always post rulings/etc first before calling an admin, but if they don't listen to reason or continue playing in a poor manner I see it as my duty to correct them and let them know they can't just troll for free wins. Trying to do my part for the community, right?

PerseusStoned


Posts : 16
Join date : 2012-02-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What is worse, Quitting or Waiting for a Mod??

Post  Tcbskater on 2012-02-27, 09:25

MrJokster wrote:Tough call. I personally think waiting for a mod is worse because on all the occasions I have personally done it it's taken at least a half hour. I've had my opponents quit while we're waiting more often than having a mod show up beforehand. I know that the mods are busy and can only get to people so fast, and I myself don't mind waiting, but as I just said there are many people who want speed over efficiency.

If people really expect us to cut our efficiency and how well we do our job in exchange for getting the calls done faster, then are absolute idiots.
avatar
Tcbskater


Posts : 472
Birthday : 1994-03-10
Join date : 2011-08-15

View user profile http://www.clocktowergaming.com

Back to top Go down

Re: What is worse, Quitting or Waiting for a Mod??

Post  MrJokster on 2012-02-27, 22:14

Tcbskater wrote:
MrJokster wrote:Tough call. I personally think waiting for a mod is worse because on all the occasions I have personally done it it's taken at least a half hour. I've had my opponents quit while we're waiting more often than having a mod show up beforehand. I know that the mods are busy and can only get to people so fast, and I myself don't mind waiting, but as I just said there are many people who want speed over efficiency.

If people really expect us to cut our efficiency and how well we do our job in exchange for getting the calls done faster, then are absolute idiots.

I agree and yet the amount of people in that category is quite numerous. On average these days people tend to be highly impatient.
avatar
MrJokster


Posts : 65
Join date : 2011-06-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What is worse, Quitting or Waiting for a Mod??

Post  FrozenFire on 2012-02-27, 23:45

could not alot of problems be solved by having DN endorse some well-known sites with reputed rulings. yugioh.wikia and pojo have decent explanations of cards, but so many people refuse to accept what they say!
avatar
FrozenFire


Posts : 26
Join date : 2011-12-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What is worse, Quitting or Waiting for a Mod??

Post  Tcbskater on 2012-02-27, 23:50

FrozenFire wrote:could not alot of problems be solved by having DN endorse some well-known sites with reputed rulings. yugioh.wikia and pojo have decent explanations of cards, but so many people refuse to accept what they say!

If people don't understand that yugioh.wikia has sources to where the rulings come from and Pojo is full of people who know what they're talking about, a DN endorsement won't help with that at all.
avatar
Tcbskater


Posts : 472
Birthday : 1994-03-10
Join date : 2011-08-15

View user profile http://www.clocktowergaming.com

Back to top Go down

Re: What is worse, Quitting or Waiting for a Mod??

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum