Dueling Network Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Question about sirocco

5 posters

Go down

Question about sirocco Empty Question about sirocco

Post  mystyle8642 2011-06-25, 06:41

So I played against my friend.
He had sirocco on his field and I had chaos sorccerer.
he used the effect of vayu to special summon armed wing,
then I chained book of moon to retun armed wing facedown.
He said he use priority so before armed wing turn facedown he can use sirroco to take it's atk.
I told him he can't do it because he chained speed spell one (sirocco) to my book of moon which is speed spell 2.

So who's right?

mystyle8642

Back to top Go down

Question about sirocco Empty Re: Question about sirocco

Post  raidou 2011-06-25, 10:23

If your opponent controls a monster and you control no monsters, you can Special Summon this card. Once per turn, you can select 1 face-up monster you control. It gains ATK equal to the total ATK of all face-up "Blackwing" monsters on the field except itself. Monsters other than the selected monster cannot attack the turn you activate this effect.

even if prio for igntion is used sirroco effect boosts by the att of FACE UP blackwing monsters

chain resolves like this

first book of moon flipping armed wing chain link 2 sirroco armed wing is face down now so its att wont be added to the blackwing with sirroco effect
raidou
raidou

Back to top Go down

Post  Pharaoh Atem 2011-06-27, 13:30

mystyle8642 wrote:So I played against my friend.
He had sirocco on his field and I had chaos sorccerer.
he used the effect of vayu to special summon armed wing,
then I chained book of moon to retun armed wing facedown.
He said he use priority so before armed wing turn facedown he can use sirroco to take it's atk.
I told him he can't do it because he chained speed spell one (sirocco) to my book of moon which is speed spell 2.

So who's right?

He is, and your explanation about Spell Speed completely misses the point your friend is making.

When the effect of Vayu resolves, Armed Wing is Special Summoned. Since Vayu was Chain Link 1, this means that a Chain has just finished resolving.

When a Chain resolves, players can respond to the resolution of that Chain by activating a Spell Speed 2/3 card or effect. The Turn Player has the right to respond first.

In the TCG, one can also respond to the resolution of a Chain by activating a monster's Ignition Effect, if the last thing done to resolve that Chain was Summoning a monster. That is what your friend wants to do - he wants to activate Sirocco's Ignition Effect.

When he mentioned Turn Player Priority, he's just saying that "the turn player has the right to respond to things first" - he's saying that you're not allowed to activate Book of Moon until he passes the right to respond to you.

In short: you were hasty, and in being hasty you broke the rules.
Pharaoh Atem
Pharaoh Atem

Birthday : 1988-07-05

Back to top Go down

Post  raidou 2011-06-27, 17:46

oops seems i misread something
raidou
raidou

Back to top Go down

Post  Slim 2011-06-27, 18:16

Priority pretty much meas he can activate a card effect before you're able to respond, thus he has the right to activate a card effect before you're able to activate Book of Moon. In this case he activates Sirocco's effect, which then gives Sirocco 4300. Then he passes the right to respond, to you. NOW you can activate Book of Moon's effect.
Slim
Slim

Birthday : 1995-08-01

Back to top Go down

Post  Badass_Bunny 2011-06-27, 18:36

Slim wrote:Priority pretty much meas he can activate a card effect before you're able to respond, thus he has the right to activate a card effect before you're able to activate Book of Moon. In this case he activates Sirocco's effect, which then gives Sirocco 4300. Then he passes the right to respond, to you. NOW you can activate Book of Moon's effect.

I'd rather if you didn't give wrong rulings to the people

Priority enables you to make sure that your effect will be put as chain link one but does not assure that the effect will resolve as someone else pointed this out already chain resolves backward so

Sirroco will be Chain Link 1
Now your opponent has a chance to respond he chains Book Of Moon which will be Chain Link 2

If no further links are added chain starts resolving(BACKWARD!) so Book Of Moon Resolves First and Flips Armed Wing face down than Sirroco Gains attack from all other Blackings Face up during the resolution of Sirroco effect Armed Wing ISN NOT face up so Sirroco won't gain the 2300 from Armed Wing
Badass_Bunny
Badass_Bunny
Smexy Duelist
Smexy Duelist

Birthday : 1996-04-17

Back to top Go down

Post  Slim 2011-06-27, 18:44

Then my mistake... -_____-

No need to flame. But thanks for correcting me.
Slim
Slim

Birthday : 1995-08-01

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down