Dueling Network Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Unreasonably Banned.

+4
andy_nyj
Key
snow
BongoBongo
8 posters

Go down

Unreasonably Banned. Empty Unreasonably Banned.

Post  BongoBongo 2011-06-28, 16:25

I was playing a series of matches today and came across multiple users who were trying to cheat, make up their own rulings, or just A.S.S'd me for no other reason than losing.

I was playing in-game with someone who activated gravekeeper's spy while I had Rai-Oh on the field. I said to negate the summon but he said I couldn't do that.

I went to check the ruling, realized he was right and came back after telling him I would check. I tabbed back in to find that he had A.S.S'd me for no apparent reason, other than me checking a ruling.

I was then banned for a day for some unknown reason. How are you supposed to report for A.S.S or play properly when you decrease your own stature for reporting players for cheating? You get into trouble when people are being unsportsmanlike, it just seems that this system is far too volatile for people who are actually playing fairly against short-tempered people.

BongoBongo

Back to top Go down

Unreasonably Banned. Empty Re: Unreasonably Banned.

Post  snow 2011-06-28, 16:27

well all i can say is maybe you could of set something to him or he thaught that you were trying to cheat because you did say he was right all i can say is that if it ever happens again just screen if you havent did so - hope this helps-
snow
snow

Birthday : 1992-06-22

Back to top Go down

Post  Key 2011-06-28, 17:33

You are banned for wrongfully using the ASS button.
Key
Key
←↓Ruling Scrubbie↑→
←↓Ruling Scrubbie↑→

Birthday : 1994-11-29

Back to top Go down

Post  andy_nyj 2011-06-30, 12:23

I was banned after i repeatedly asked my opponent to check up Royal Oppression ruling (I chain MST to the activation of his paid 800 Royal Oppression, so my summoned monster SHOULD survives, he disagrees). I think using an A.S.S. button at this time is fair - then I got banned
andy_nyj
andy_nyj

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Wright 2011-06-30, 12:50

Take screencaps of unfair assings and PM them in game to Mods
Phoenix Wright
Phoenix Wright

Birthday : 1993-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post  Key 2011-06-30, 17:27

andy_nyj wrote:I was banned after i repeatedly asked my opponent to check up Royal Oppression ruling (I chain MST to the activation of his paid 800 Royal Oppression, so my summoned monster SHOULD survives, he disagrees). I think using an A.S.S. button at this time is fair - then I got banned

Ruling issues should never lead to press the ASS, call an admin in.
Key
Key
←↓Ruling Scrubbie↑→
←↓Ruling Scrubbie↑→

Back to top Go down

Post  andy_nyj 2011-06-30, 20:47

Key, if A.S.S. can't be used when an opponent argues on a simple ruling - i.e. a royal oppresion - cost & continuos trap aspect. & he delays the game for >10 minutes seeking for an admin. & also refuse to look up any other wikia sources etc; I don't know what to say...

May be I should have offered a draw - coz my only other options were to quit OR admit defeat, or wait for another 10 minutes. I wanted to play more duels - againt players who know their rulings.

Besides, the admin did come in - & apparently my opponent DID show him a scan for the duel (I think) - I still got the banhammer.

Conclusion: no penalty for delaying game using ruling issues; banning can happen despite no foul language used; banning can occur w/o proper investigation; DON't use the A.S.S. button - EVER!; Admin's ruling is ALWAYS correct,surpassing even wikia rulings (not sure about this one)
andy_nyj
andy_nyj

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Wright 2011-06-30, 21:42

andy_nyj wrote:Key, if A.S.S. can't be used when an opponent argues on a simple ruling - i.e. a royal oppresion - cost & continuos trap aspect. & he delays the game for >10 minutes seeking for an admin. & also refuse to look up any other wikia sources etc; I don't know what to say...

I do, ask a mod for help, look up/show the ruling yourself, and if both of those things fail, THEN you warn them they will be assed if they don't accept the link from the reputable site, then screencap the incident, then A.S.S. then PM a mod the screencap
Phoenix Wright
Phoenix Wright

Back to top Go down

Post  Notorious Nt 2011-06-30, 22:15

A.S.S. button equals completely useless if your just gonna have to call an admin in.
Notorious Nt
Notorious Nt

Birthday : 1993-10-19

Back to top Go down

Post  andy_nyj 2011-06-30, 22:29

Pox, your suggestion is completely valid. However, the sheer amount of time taken to do what you suggested - takes away the fun from dueling itself.

I'm not here to prove / teach rulings to a player... frankly like I say - maybe A.S.S. button should never be used even when the opponent is XXX
andy_nyj
andy_nyj

Back to top Go down

Post  CJUeda 2011-06-30, 23:53

What does A.S.S. mean, I never understood it, looked it up, and I still dunno. bounce
CJUeda
CJUeda

Birthday : 1996-01-26

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Wright 2011-06-30, 23:56

Anti Sportsman Spirit

if your opponent is cheeting/trolling and you can't get a mod, use it as a last resort only
Phoenix Wright
Phoenix Wright

Back to top Go down

Post  Key 2011-07-01, 01:43

andy_nyj wrote:
Besides, the admin did come in - & apparently my opponent DID show him a scan for the duel (I think) - I still got the banhammer.

Conclusion: no penalty for delaying game using ruling issues; banning can happen despite no foul language used; banning can occur w/o proper investigation; DON't use the A.S.S. button - EVER!; Admin's ruling is ALWAYS correct,surpassing even wikia rulings (not sure about this one)

If the admin did attend the duel, then there should have been no reason you are allowed to press the ASS unless the admin did not take care of the situation.

If the admin did not solve the situation, call in another one.
Key
Key
←↓Ruling Scrubbie↑→
←↓Ruling Scrubbie↑→

Back to top Go down

Post  andy_nyj 2011-07-01, 02:55

If we consider time-efficiency, quitting there & then and lose a few points is a better option. We can get more wins with the time saved from having to get admin OR waste time waiting for the opponent who getting admin
andy_nyj
andy_nyj

Back to top Go down

Post  andy_nyj 2011-07-03, 21:20

Just battled a player called "Yuseifudo90" with 1000+ rating. When for high rating players thinking that they probably are playing the right way. Unofortunately after I summoned by Scrap Dragon he started repeatedly rolling dice & tossing coins. This slows down the game making me difficult to click my commands (due to repeated entry of command). Afterwards I summon another boss monster (which would soon cost him the game, & I didn't ask him to stop his tossing to save time & not to get into a crappy conversion) - in which he A.S.S. me claiming I was too slow...

Moral of the story - I could have get an admin in to ban him or something, or print screen - but I really can't afford that time. Besides - I believe that Yusei90 doesn't even care if banned.
andy_nyj
andy_nyj

Back to top Go down

Post  The DetonatorCOPY 2011-07-04, 02:20

andy_nyj wrote:Just battled a player called "Yuseifudo90" with 1000+ rating. When for high rating players thinking that they probably are playing the right way. Unofortunately after I summoned by Scrap Dragon he started repeatedly rolling dice & tossing coins. This slows down the game making me difficult to click my commands (due to repeated entry of command). Afterwards I summon another boss monster (which would soon cost him the game, & I didn't ask him to stop his tossing to save time & not to get into a crappy conversion) - in which he A.S.S. me claiming I was too slow...

Moral of the story - I could have get an admin in to ban him or something, or print screen - but I really can't afford that time. Besides - I believe that Yusei90 doesn't even care if banned.

Not exactly sure what your point is here.

If you don't have time to call a staff member why do you have time to sit there and wait for him to roll the dice and coin multiple times?

Why would you bother wasting time trying to continue a slow duel when you could use that time to call a staff member?

The DetonatorCOPY
The DetonatorCOPY

Birthday : 1991-02-10

Back to top Go down

Post  andy_nyj 2011-07-04, 03:35

Detonator;

That's the thing: calling an admin to intervene takes even more time. Whereas i can still enter a command (e.g. activate a spell) in btw his 2 coin flips... so eventually after 10 coin flips I would have made 5 moves which is not bad... (also the BIG coin flip actually blocks the field a bit making it difficult to click on card options on field)

Again, I like to play the game (and complain and wardn tiehrs about bad players on forum) but really not the type who gets admin to ban people... Maybe that's why he gave me an A.S.S. I guess?
andy_nyj
andy_nyj

Back to top Go down

Post  The DetonatorCOPY 2011-07-04, 05:14

andy_nyj wrote:Detonator;

That's the thing: calling an admin to intervene takes even more time. Whereas i can still enter a command (e.g. activate a spell) in btw his 2 coin flips... so eventually after 10 coin flips I would have made 5 moves which is not bad... (also the BIG coin flip actually blocks the field a bit making it difficult to click on card options on field)

Once again, if the big coin flip is making it difficult and time consuming, why not use this time to contact staff?

My point is, staff is there for this very reason. If you are not going to use us to assist you then you many as well just play unrated games so you can leave at your will when this happens.

The problem you are having falls on your failure to ask for assistance when it is needed, and i or anyone else cannot help you if you are not asking.

At the end of the day, if you find calling staff to be a waste of time, play unrated, that way you never need to involve us in your games and you have complete control of duels that wont affect your stats.
The DetonatorCOPY
The DetonatorCOPY

Back to top Go down

Post  andy_nyj 2011-07-04, 05:58

Conclusion:

Players who doesn't want to spend time contacting staffs - play unrated games, so that quitting from bad players won't cost us rating (which is 100/0 to begin with since never play rated)

Players who consider contacting staffs as part of the game (upholding ruling, fair play-wise) - are welcomed to play rated games (even though contacting staffs means staring at ur screen without gaming facing a supposedly bad player whom u can ban if your plead is successful)

In that case I'm forced to take option 3: play rated games against mostly cool players, insulted/trolled/A.S.S./banned by the few bad players and put stories of them on forum.
andy_nyj
andy_nyj

Back to top Go down

Post  The DetonatorCOPY 2011-07-04, 06:18

andy_nyj wrote:Conclusion:

Players who doesn't want to spend time contacting staffs - play unrated games, so that quitting from bad players won't cost us rating (which is 100/0 to begin with since never play rated)

Players who consider contacting staffs as part of the game (upholding ruling, fair play-wise) - are welcomed to play rated games (even though contacting staffs means staring at ur screen without gaming facing a supposedly bad player whom u can ban if your plead is successful)

In that case I'm forced to take option 3: play rated games against mostly cool players, insulted/trolled/A.S.S./banned by the few bad players and put stories of them on forum.

Now you just sound like you are complaining about staff and their actions. If you wish to do that then take it to PM to the appropriate person(s). Keep drama and these unnecessary complaining stories out of the forum.

Locked.
The DetonatorCOPY
The DetonatorCOPY

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down