Dueling Network Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Don Alfredo-Running Clowns in today's Meta

+9
whysoserious
Chiaki
OverlordMMM
Smokay
snow
Broken_Soul
Roxzen
Nemic
Phoenix Wright
13 posters

Go down

Don Alfredo-Running Clowns in today's Meta Empty Don Alfredo-Running Clowns in today's Meta

Post  Phoenix Wright 2011-06-29, 21:18

Hello! If your reading this, then you want to know how to run Clowns in today's meta, now lets start with, what clowns are

Clowns are a deck that revolve around Dream clown, this is dream clown

Don Alfredo-Running Clowns in today's Meta Dreamclown

Dream Clown/Warrior/Level 3/1200 atk/900 def

When this card is changed from Attack Position to Defense Position, select and destroy 1 monster on your opponent's side of the field.

Now dream clown has a partner, Blade Rabbit, which pretty much has the same effect, but is a 400/300 beast, remember that now

the object of the clown deck is to destroy monsters with your clowns, and protect them with stall as they poke or 1200

now Dream Clown and Blade Rabbit are the only ESSENTIAL parts of a clown deck, almost the entire rest of the deck can be made as you please, I'm going to show you some cards that have worked well for me with a Clown Deck

Don Alfredo-Running Clowns in today's Meta SpiritBurnerANPR-EN-C-1E

Once per turn, you can change the battle position of the equipped monster to Defense Position. When the equipped monster is returned from the field to the hand and this card is sent to the Graveyard, inflict 600 damage to your opponent. If this card is in the Graveyard, you can add it to your hand instead of conducting a normal draw during your Draw Phase.

Now of this entire effect, we only care about 2 things
-It can change the battle position of your Clown
-You can add it to your hand instead of drawing

This means you can destroy a monster per turn with clowns instead of 1 per 2 turns. It effectivly doubles the speed of this deck

IT IS ALWAYS WORTH GETTING A SPIRIT BURNER FROM YOUR GRAVE IF YOU HAVE A CLOWN WITHOUT ONE ON THE FIELD

theres one more card that is very important for most clown decks (but not essential for all of them)

Don Alfredo-Running Clowns in today's Meta StumblingDR2-EN-C-UE

Any monster that is Normal Summoned, Flip Summoned or Special Summoned is changed to Defense Position.

this card is the king of stall in my mind, No matter what the card, synchro effect, ritual or otherwise, Unless your a Horus the Black Flame Dragon runner, this card will stop all your monsters

question-But wait, won't that also affect your monsters as well

Answer-No

what is the objective of any clown deck? To get your clowns into defense mode as many times as possible

when I normal summon my Dream Clown with this on the field, my opponent's monster is destroyed right away

Now I will show you my deck list for REGULAR CLOWN CONTROL, from there, we will talk about what the meta throws at us, and how clowns can counter it

3 Dream Clown
3 Samurai of the Ice Barrier
2 Blade Rabbit
2 Marauding Captian
2 Giant Rat
1 Sangan

3 Spirit Burner
3 Pot of Duality
3 Stumbling
2 Hidden Armory
2 Messenger of Peace
2 Mystical Space Typhoon
1 Dark Hole
1 Giant Trunade
1 Level Limit Area B
1 Monster Reborn
1 Reinforcement of the Army

2 Solemn Warning
1 Fiendish Chain
1 Gravity Bind
1 Royal Oppresoin
1 Solemn Judgement
1 Mirror Force

Sideboard:
2 Gozen Match
2 Rivalry of the warlords
2 Compulsory Evacuation device
2 Thunder King Rai-Oh
2 Fossil Dyna Pachycephalo
2 Necrovalley
1 Super Polymerization
1 Elemental HERO Gaia
1 Mirror of Oaths

Now lets talk about my non-staple card choices, these are cards that not all clown decks run, but are in this deck

Samurai of the Ice Barrier
-Samurai is pretty much just draw power in this deck, but it can also be a beater if you have no stall

Fiendish Chain-I just like this card as a tech, it is a little better that effect veiler since it can negate effects that activate on your turn as well

Marauding Captain-I'll be the first to admit that this deck is a little slow, Marauding Captain pretty much doubles the speed of this deck

Hidden Armory-The best spell in this deck is spirit burner, its worth skiping a normal summon to add it to your hand

The rest is pretty self explanitory, On to the decks you will commonly see

Six Sams-Otherwise know as 666samurai, samigays, and other derogatory names, I actually respect people who would run such a blatantly hated deck this is one of the tougher match-ups for clowns, here's some advice

-Play any Stall/Spell cards you get as soon as possible, Samurai are notorious for first turn Shi ens and they WILL mess you up
be sure to destroy/solemn Hands as soon as possible, they will completely bypass the stall you have built, since they have 3 stars and can destroy monsters
-Watch Shogun Shiens, the 1 s/t effect will slow you down drastically
-Grandmasters will get their effect when destroyed by clowns, try and attack them in defense mode (when you have sumbling out)

Sideboard-
add 2 TKR, 2 Gozen Match, and 2 Fossil Dyna

Dragunities- Dragunities will give you one huge problem, Stardust Dragon, its negation effects completely wreck your strategy there aren't as many things to watch out for, but be wary of legionare aklys combos that wreck your field

Sideboard-Add 2 Rivalry of the warlords, 2 Fossil Dyna, 2 Compulsory Evacuation Device. and 2 TKR, and 2 Necrovalley

GK-GK are actually not bad with clowns, since they rely little on the graveyard, just be wary of Decendent's wrecking your field

You don't really need to side against GK, but if you do, side in Fossil Dyna and TKR

Hero Beat- Heros don't represent much of a problem either, but be careful, some people will kill you with the second effect of stratos, and absolute zero will be a problem when destroyed by your clowns, so save your solemns for them

side in your super polymerizations and your E-HERO gaia, Gozen match works well as well

Dark World-Dark World will be completely unable to get past your locks, but Grapha will wreck you

side in Fossil Dynas against the dark world decks

Tengu Synchro-The only card that will shaft you in Tengu Plants is scrap dragon, and it will shaft you hard, get it off the field as soon as possible

Add your Fossil Dynas and Necrovalley to your deck against them, as well as gozen match and rivalry of the warlords

Gladiator Beasts-Theres a lot to watch out for from GBs, Murmillo/Secutor walk all over your stall, Gyzarus kills everything, Bestiari kills your backrow, etc. Besides six sams, GBs will be your worst matchup

side in your fossil dynas, Gozen match, rivalry of the warlords, and mirror of oaths and hope for the best

WEAKNESSES

-this deck is monster light-PROTECT YOUR MONSTERS, they can die no matter how much protection you have

-know that at any time your stall can be taken by trunade/mst/decree/a whole host of things, save some stall for later (unless your playing sams)

-Try and keep some stall out at all times, otherwise your monsters will be steamrolled

I know, I know tl;dr, but if you read through all of this, you will surely be a master of Clowns

thanks for reading

-Pox_Equestria

Last edited by Pox_Equestria on 2011-06-30, 09:43; edited 4 times in total
Phoenix Wright
Phoenix Wright

Birthday : 1993-12-14

Back to top Go down

Don Alfredo-Running Clowns in today's Meta Empty Re: Don Alfredo-Running Clowns in today's Meta

Post  Nemic 2011-06-30, 00:32

Oh this is neat. I might consider tweaking this a bit to make my own deck. I really like the idea though, some old cards can still be put to good use.
Nemic
Nemic

Birthday : 1993-06-11

Back to top Go down

Don Alfredo-Running Clowns in today's Meta Empty Re: Don Alfredo-Running Clowns in today's Meta

Post  Phoenix Wright 2011-06-30, 00:37

Thanks, feel free to tech on this/whatever, I've been perfecting it for a while
Phoenix Wright
Phoenix Wright

Back to top Go down

Post  Roxzen 2011-06-30, 00:49

I like the article. Good job.

Is it possible to have a Machine Imperial variant? Chaos Infinity can switch Dream Clown to ATK, before Level Limit change it to DEF again. Granel Ein is a build in Shrink, plus you can run 3 Chaos Infinity and 1 Granel Ein and get away with it.
Roxzen
Roxzen

Birthday : 1992-04-04

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Wright 2011-06-30, 00:51

Thanks!

Wow I actually never thought about machine emperors

but the nice thing about clowns is its usually 3 dream clown 2 blade rabbit 2/3 spirit burner 32/33 whatever you want

edit: made it, posted it http://forum.duelingnetwork.com/t2026-meklord-clowns-controling-the-swarms#23757
Phoenix Wright
Phoenix Wright

Back to top Go down

Post  Nemic 2011-06-30, 01:18

Kinda just browsing through various cards. I found that Earthquake works really well in this deck, since you can simultaneously use multiple clowns with it.
Nemic
Nemic

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Wright 2011-06-30, 01:20

Zero Gravity is better if thats what your looking for

stops attacks as well
Phoenix Wright
Phoenix Wright

Back to top Go down

Post  Nemic 2011-06-30, 01:21

Good point.
That and "No Entry!!" trap card.
Nemic
Nemic

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Wright 2011-06-30, 01:22

I found No Entry to be a little slow, and Zero Gravity does the same thing but the position doesn't matter
Phoenix Wright
Phoenix Wright

Back to top Go down

Post  Nemic 2011-06-30, 01:25

I'm gonna rid myself of the ice barrier samurai and switch 'em out for these. samurai's kinda useless to me if it takes up a normal summon.
Nemic
Nemic

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Wright 2011-06-30, 01:35

The samurais give this deck draw power, but also, if you have no stall, its a nice beater to hold off your opponent's monsters
Phoenix Wright
Phoenix Wright

Back to top Go down

Post  Roxzen 2011-06-30, 04:58

Typo. Dream Pierrot is Lvl 3, not 4.
Roxzen
Roxzen

Back to top Go down

Post  Broken_Soul 2011-06-30, 07:51

liked it +10 and is great to see original decks this days since all we see today are meta
Broken_Soul
Broken_Soul

Birthday : 1988-01-09

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Wright 2011-06-30, 09:43

Thanks to both yas
Phoenix Wright
Phoenix Wright

Back to top Go down

Post  snow 2011-06-30, 09:55

i like this deck its relly solid XD
snow
snow

Birthday : 1992-06-22

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Wright 2011-06-30, 09:56

Thanks a lot

I'm just happy people are reading this
Phoenix Wright
Phoenix Wright

Back to top Go down

Post  Nemic 2011-06-30, 10:29

5-1 win-lose so far from using this. That's a high record for me lol. Unrated duels btw.
Nemic
Nemic

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Wright 2011-06-30, 10:30

Good job, glad I could help xD

just added a new clown variant

http://forum.duelingnetwork.com/t2043-macro-clowns-the-slightly-meta-clown-deck#23988
Phoenix Wright
Phoenix Wright

Back to top Go down

Post  Nemic 2011-06-30, 11:07

Looks good, but there's no Stumbling! I'll stick with this, lol.
Nemic
Nemic

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Wright 2011-06-30, 11:17

Not when running monarchs Razz

its a very light stall deck, all I have to stall with is GK servant
Phoenix Wright
Phoenix Wright

Back to top Go down

Post  Nemic 2011-06-30, 13:29

What would you think about adding:
  • A/D Changer
  • Warrior Lady of the Wasteland
  • Neo-Spacian Grand Mole

A/D to either negate an attack or change a clown to def.
Warrior lady as an extra searcher
Grand Mole for some extra locking and trolling.
Nemic
Nemic

Back to top Go down

Post  Smokay 2011-06-30, 13:33

i just love how he says clowns and the only clown is dream clown. xD
Smokay
Smokay

Birthday : 1997-07-07

Back to top Go down

Post  Nemic 2011-06-30, 14:07

He's technically correct, since there are 3 of 'em. Razz
Nemic
Nemic

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Wright 2011-06-30, 19:31

Crass Clown-Goes against the flow of the deck, since it changes from defense to attack, which throws off the deck
Ryu Kishin Clown-Waste of a summon and is Dark, so can't be searched by Rat
A/D Changer, dead in the hand, but good in the right mill deck
Warrior Lady, Rat does her job better
Grand Mole, not tested, but I would rather destroy a monster with dream clown then attack
Phoenix Wright
Phoenix Wright

Back to top Go down

Post  OverlordMMM 2011-06-30, 22:47

Pox_Equestria wrote:Crass Clown-Goes against the flow of the deck, since it changes from defense to attack, which throws off the deck
Not really. It going from defense to attack allows you to return their monster before you attack, guaranteeing a free attack with him. Then use Spirit Burner to change him to defense again.

If you were to add him, I'd only put two as his effect doesn't work automatically like Blade and Dream with Stumbling. But it makes for an amazing first turn set with Stumbling since you can use its effects two turns in a row without the use of anything else.

Try it with this:
-1 Samurai of the Ice Barrier
-1 Fiendish Chain

+ 2 Crass Clown
OverlordMMM
OverlordMMM

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Wright 2011-06-30, 23:11

I'm sorry, I will never run crass clown, Compulsory does its job so much better
Phoenix Wright
Phoenix Wright

Back to top Go down

Post  OverlordMMM 2011-06-30, 23:19

Pox_Equestria wrote:I'm sorry, I will never run crass clown, Compulsory does its job so much better
Compulsory is also one time use as opposed to once per turn.

But thats neither here nor there. You simply do not like the card. Its a preference choice.
OverlordMMM
OverlordMMM

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Wright 2011-06-30, 23:29

Thats pretty much the idea, I just never liked the idea of crass clown, you could run it if you want, but I just never cared for it in this kind of deck
Phoenix Wright
Phoenix Wright

Back to top Go down

Post  Roxzen 2011-07-01, 09:29

My take on Meklord Clown.
Roxzen
Roxzen

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Wright 2011-07-01, 22:04

Haha its better than mine xD
Phoenix Wright
Phoenix Wright

Back to top Go down

Post  Chiaki 2011-07-03, 21:29

Because this archetype suffers from mass destruction, my build is not very standard. I've posted it in the Deck section for any interested.

Cards to consider for the main and side are:

Forbidden Chalice
Effect Veiler
Fossil Dyna Pachycephalo
Lava Golem
Royal Decree
Kaiser Colosseum
Flip Flop Frog
Messenger of Peace

The first two stop any effects that can harm you. Lava Golem is a great side for Swarm decks like Samurai if you are running Messenger of Peace, Level Limit - Area B, etc. Kaiser + Frog is great stall until you can lock in your combos and draw defense cards.

I hope this helps a bit.
Chiaki
Chiaki

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Wright 2011-07-03, 21:48

Chalice seems useful, its a pro card that is overlooked
Veiler is pretty good, just don't like him in clowns
I side dyna since I run maruading captain
golemn is good, I just never liked him, to easy to kill
I like my traps in this, fiendish chain is my effect veiler, so no decree
kaiser is good, how could I overlook this?
flip flop does what clowns do better
I run messenger already Razz

thanks for the tips though
Phoenix Wright
Phoenix Wright

Back to top Go down

Post  Chiaki 2011-07-03, 22:10

I have to run both Veiler and Chalice because my build relies on certain cards before I can lock everything in. In this time, they may attempt to use Black Rose Dragon or something else that causes mass devastation. Both cards prevent this from ever doing damage.

I do think Kaiser and Clowns have been together since they were introduced, going by the name Kaiser Clowns.
Chiaki
Chiaki

Back to top Go down

Post  whysoserious 2011-07-26, 16:17

Ahh... this was the other deck I was looking forward to build. Not the real physcial one, but it just one of those decks that absolutely suits or fits me.

I heard of it one time back in 2007 but never really had the time and overlooked this.
whysoserious
whysoserious

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Wright 2011-07-26, 16:23

Yeah I have been running it since about 2006...
Phoenix Wright
Phoenix Wright

Back to top Go down

Post  Chiaki 2011-07-26, 16:26

You forgot to mention Zero Gravity as a good main deck card.
Chiaki
Chiaki

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Wright 2011-07-26, 16:32

Zero Gravity was kind of slow in this to me
Phoenix Wright
Phoenix Wright

Back to top Go down

Post  LeDuelPlox 2011-08-10, 22:00

Nice

LeDuelPlox

Back to top Go down

Post  LilSno 2011-08-13, 11:42

If you brought Stumbling, it might a good idea to use Gravity Axe-Grarl.
But I do afraid to create unbalance to your clown deck. It might be slower too, but it creates stall.
LilSno
LilSno

Birthday : 1981-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post  Leohoh 2011-08-15, 00:03

You can have some terrible opening hands with all those spells.

I would do this:

-2 Hidden Armory
-1 Giant Trunade or Spirit Burner

+3 Tour Guide (Combo with sangan XYZ)

I love clown decks.

Leohoh
Leohoh

Back to top Go down

Post  {EX} TheVoid 2011-08-15, 00:15

Must... Make... CLOWNS
{EX} TheVoid
{EX} TheVoid
Cuddlez's Biscuit
Cuddlez's Biscuit

Birthday : 1992-02-29

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Wright 2011-08-22, 23:46

@Leohoh, this was made before tour guide Razz

also, those cards are vital to the deck

as for you and thevoid, yes, clowns are great
Phoenix Wright
Phoenix Wright

Back to top Go down

Post  Chiaki 2011-10-15, 22:13

I was wondering if you'd mind if I make my own Clown Control guide. I'll happily link this as a resource within it.
Chiaki
Chiaki

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Wright 2011-10-15, 22:21

If you want, I know you make good articles
Phoenix Wright
Phoenix Wright

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum