Dueling Network Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monarch question

+5
Key
redsmas
dest
Gorz
Tollhouse
9 posters

Go down

Monarch question Empty Monarch question

Post  Tollhouse 2011-06-30, 16:58

I summoned kuraz the light monarch and used its effect to destroy my battle fader to draw 1 card. I declared my target first to let my opponent respond. He didn't chain. So I sent fader to the grave and as soon as I did my opponent activated skill drain to negate kuraz's draw effect. I told him that the destruction and draw effect were all one effect and the destruction wasn't a cost so his timing wasn't correct, but he said something about kuraz having an obligatory effect or something like that. I'm not sure exactly what he meant but I'm pretty certain his move was BS. Anyway, can i get confirmation on whether I'm right or wrong?

Tollhouse

Back to top Go down

Monarch question Empty Re: Monarch question

Post  Gorz 2011-06-30, 17:03

Was he chaining to the destruction or your effect? If he chains to your monster being destroyed it maybe doesn't get the draw. I don't use Kuraz though since IMO he is the worst Monarch out there.
Gorz
Gorz

Birthday : 1993-11-23

Back to top Go down

Post  dest 2011-06-30, 17:04

what did he say? Never heard of that. As soon as an effect starts resolving you can't activate something in beetween the resolution. That can't be interupted by anything.
dest
dest
Boneash
Boneash

Birthday : 1987-07-30

Back to top Go down

Post  Tollhouse 2011-06-30, 17:15

Gorz wrote:Was he chaining to the destruction or your effect? If he chains to your monster being destroyed it maybe doesn't get the draw. I don't use Kuraz though since IMO he is the worst Monarch out there.

he chained to the drawing part. i didn't feel like arguing with him anymore about it so we played it out where fader was destroyed by kuraz but i didn't get the draw.

Tollhouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Gorz 2011-06-30, 17:16

I don't think they can do that. You need to chain to the summon.
Gorz
Gorz

Birthday : 1993-11-23

Back to top Go down

Post  redsmas 2011-06-30, 17:36

Gorz wrote:I don't think they can do that. You need to chain to the summon.

You can't chain to a summon only effects.

Its a little confusing the way I put things so basicly.

You don't draw and the fader is still destroyed.

Two things happen when a card is used:
Activation and resolution.

Some things happen when a card is played/activated (such as costs)

When they resolve in the chain any other effects are applied.

Kuraz destroys when it activates but draws when it resolves. This means his timing was correct.

redsmas

Back to top Go down

Post  Key 2011-06-30, 17:36

Gorz wrote:I don't think they can do that. You need to chain to the summon.

You can't chain to a summon. Because summon doesn't start a chain.

Since Kuraz's effect started to resolve, it's in mid-chain resolution. And you may not interrupt the chains from resolving.

redsmas wrote:

Kuraz destroys when it activates but draws when it resolves. This means his timing was correct.

That's simply not correct, no destruction has been made a cost yet. Therefore, it's not a cost.

Last edited by Key on 2011-06-30, 17:37; edited 1 time in total
Key
Key
←↓Ruling Scrubbie↑→
←↓Ruling Scrubbie↑→

Birthday : 1994-11-29

Back to top Go down

Post  KaousFaustXIII 2011-06-30, 17:37

Tollhouse wrote:
Gorz wrote:Was he chaining to the destruction or your effect? If he chains to your monster being destroyed it maybe doesn't get the draw. I don't use Kuraz though since IMO he is the worst Monarch out there.

he chained to the drawing part. i didn't feel like arguing with him anymore about it so we played it out where fader was destroyed by kuraz but i didn't get the draw.

You destroy card(s) and draw card(s) simultaneously. The "drawing" effect does not use another chain link

reference: http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Card_Rulings:Kuraz_the_Light_Monarch
KaousFaustXIII
KaousFaustXIII

Birthday : 1986-03-17

Back to top Go down

Post  redsmas 2011-06-30, 17:39

KaousFaustXIII wrote:
Tollhouse wrote:

You destroy card(s) and draw card(s) simultaneously. The "drawing" effect does not use another chain link

reference: http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Card_Rulings:Kuraz_the_Light_Monarch

I did not know that ruling please disregard what I said about it.

redsmas

Back to top Go down

Post  BlackwingRa 2011-06-30, 21:41

The opponent can only chain SD when you activate Kuraz's effect and target card(s) that you want to destroy. So if your opponent didn't response when you targeted, then they cannot response anymore until you finish resolving Kuraz's effect.
BlackwingRa
BlackwingRa

Birthday : 1991-10-02

Back to top Go down

Post  zerods 2011-06-30, 22:01

BlackwingRa wrote:The opponent can only chain SD when you activate Kuraz's effect and target card(s) that you want to destroy. So if your opponent didn't response when you targeted, then they cannot response anymore until you finish resolving Kuraz's effect.

if you cancel an effect monster, you cancel the entire effect, so chain can only be at the start of the effect
zerods
zerods

Back to top Go down

Post  redsmas 2011-07-01, 02:11

zerods wrote:
BlackwingRa wrote:The opponent can only chain SD when you activate Kuraz's effect and target card(s) that you want to destroy. So if your opponent didn't response when you targeted, then they cannot response anymore until you finish resolving Kuraz's effect.

if you cancel an effect monster, you cancel the entire effect, so chain can only be at the start of the effect

But you have to remember even when you negate a card the costs for it must still be payed as they are payed on activation, then the effects are activated when the card resolves in the chain. In turms of Kuraz you don't have a cost of summoning so it ecomes chain link one then before anything happens skill drain must be activated.

redsmas

Back to top Go down

Post  zekthan32 2011-07-01, 02:58

basically what im seein here is that kuraz's destruction and draw happen simutaniously so activating skill drain when you remove the fader would just mean it goes back on the feild and they were late. otherwise the kid you were playing had no idea what he was a talking about
zekthan32
zekthan32

Back to top Go down

Post  BlackwingRa 2011-07-01, 06:54

zerods wrote:

The start of Kuraz's effect is when you targeting monster(s) on the field.
BlackwingRa
BlackwingRa

Birthday : 1991-10-02

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down