Dueling Network Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Deck Review] The Fastest Ride to Victory!

+4
Gorz
Anzo
Miley Syrus +
EJ
8 posters

Go down

[Deck Review] The Fastest Ride to Victory! Empty [Deck Review] The Fastest Ride to Victory!

Post  EJ 2011-05-19, 11:34

P.S : If you haven't been familiar with my articles, the text in green found between quotes is by an imaginary character representing readers to make the articles more fun, Enjoy Very Happy

I guess it's about time...
"About time for what ?!!"
To Discuss the awesomeness ?!
"Me ?"
*._. Ignores* What i was saying is it's about time to cover an archetype which was once released in "Duel Terminal" Set and got backed up in a recent structure deck, YES !! I'm talking about Dragunities ! The term "Dragunity" comes from the words Dragon and Unity. Their effects mainly revolve around equipping any level 3 or lower Dragon-Type monsters in your Graveyard to your Winged Beast-Type monsters in play which is usually for fast and effecient -usually first turn- Synchro summons without losing much (if any) card presence.

Table of Contents :
I. The Rides
II. The Riders
i. Dragunity Riders
ii. Dragunity Armas
iii. Dragunity Knights
III. Synchro Climbing and Support

The Rides :
-----------------------------------------
[Deck Review] The Fastest Ride to Victory! Wlbwvp
Dragunity Aklys
WIND/Level 2/Dragon/Tuner/1000/800
When this card is Normal Summoned, you can Special Summon 1 "Dragunity" monster from your hand, then equip it with this card. When this card is sent to the Graveyard while equipped to a monster, select 1 card on the field, and destroy it.
This card is really good and multi-functional, So When this card is normal summoned you get to Special summon a "Dragunity" monster from your hand and equip it to this card (Not a very useful effect if you ask me), This is the boggartknight of dragunities with an extra ability which is to escape "Bottomless Trap hole" with its 1000 ATK, Its second effect is what actually makes it pretty useful, If it's sent to the Graveyard while equipped to a monster, you can destroy any card on the field. Or rather, you have to (it's a mandatory effect).
This card has a very combo with Dragunity Legionnaire that easily lets you pop off two of your opponent's monsters without breaking a sweat and it also got quite synergy vajryana as you can use this to clear the way for a direct attack worthy 3800 LPs.
Keep in mind its effect doesn't work when your equipped monster is sent to the graveyard or when it's flipped face down because by then Aklys is being sent to the Graveyard because it has no longer a correct equip target while it works if BOTH this card and the equipped monster are destroyed simultaneously (Judgment Dragon, Demise and Black Rose Dragon..etc)
[Deck Review] The Fastest Ride to Victory! Mj22rs
Dragunity Brandistock
WIND/Level 1/Dragon/Tuner/600/400
While this card is equipped to a monster, that monster can attack twice during each Battle Phase.
A decent card which is NOT used very often because of the space issues, While it can work well as a double-attacking 1900+ beater Vajryana/ Mystletainn/Layvaten will defenitely put your opponent through some hard time, Besides he's also a level one tuner.
[Deck Review] The Fastest Ride to Victory! Vn1chh
Dragunity Phalanx
WIND/Level 2/Dragon/Tuner/500/1100
Once per turn, while this card is equipped to a monster as an Equip Card by a card effect, you can Special Summon this card.
The core of the deck, the main tuner, the swarmer, Phalanx is what enables all of the other equipping effects to generate advantage in the form of powerful Synchro Monsters, It tunes with Legionnaire, Dux, Vajryana/Mystletainn/Layvaten and Barcha to get out Level 5,6,8 and 10 respectively without losing ANY card advantage.
"To Simplify things, run it in threes and no exceptions"

There're few other Dragunity tuners but we're talking about worthy ones, right ?

The Riders :
-----------------------------------------
i. Regular Riders
[Deck Review] The Fastest Ride to Victory! Zu01f4
Dragunity Dux
WIND/Level 4/Winged Beast/1500/1000
This card gains 200 ATK for each face-up "Dragunity" card you control. When this card is Normal Summoned, you can select 1 Level 3 or lower Dragon-Type "Dragunity" monster in your Graveyard, and equip it to this card as an Equip Card.
The star of the deck, No much explanation is needed because i can pretty much see the evil look on your face after reading Dux's effect, Yes! it's the Blizzard/Debris Dragon of the deck where it gets to revive a level 3 or lower dragunity tuner for an instant synchro summon and incase you've not noticed it's the base of the Synchro climb strategy which involves the Level 6 Dragunity Knight - Vajrayana and its own ability to re-equip and Summon Phalanx for any Level 8 Synchro Monster and all that again without losing ANY card advantage or field presence.
"Let's move on to the next rider"
Hold on !! You didn't recognize its attack gets boosted for each dragunity card you control including itself so it's not a bad beater itself as if its effect got through you got 1900 attacker willing to ram into rai-oh giving you +1 in term of card presence.
[Deck Review] The Fastest Ride to Victory! 532plu
Dragunity Legionnaire
WIND/Level 3/Winged Beast/1200/800
When this card is Normal Summoned, you can select 1 Level 3 or lower "Dragunity" Dragon-Type monster in your Graveyard, and equip it to this card as an Equip Card. You can send 1 "Dragunity" card from your Spell & Trap Card Zone to the Graveyard to select 1 face-up monster your opponent controls, and destroy it.
This is the level 3 version of Dragunity Dux tributing a star (1 level) for an awesome effect which can combo pretty well with the previously explained aklys giving you +2. This card is also your gateway to your level 5 synchro summons.

ii. Dragunity Armas
[Deck Review] The Fastest Ride to Victory! 14183ld
Dragunity Arma Mystletainn
WIND/Level 6/Dragon/2100/1500
You can Special Summon this card from your hand by sending 1 face-up "Dragunity" monster you control to the Graveyard. When this card is Normal or Special Summoned from the hand, you can select 1 Dragon-Type "Dragunity" monster in your Graveyard, and equip it to this card.
This card is often seen in competitive decks because it's just like cyber dragon a free 2100 beater which doesn't give you any loss in field presence with its second effect, So let's say you got Mystletaine and dux with phalanx in graveyard, You summon dux reviving phalanx from the graveyard then tribute it for the summon of Mystletaine and finally reviving it again for instant level 8 + Dux or Synchro Climb + 2100 beater.
You can also turn the table upside down with this card in very desperate situation where legionnaire seems useless, you summon legionnair for aklys and tribute for popping two cards then send legionnaire to the graveyard for the summon of Mystletaine reviving a Phalanx for level 8. This card has a very good synergy, swarming ability and can be abused pretty badly.
[Deck Review] The Fastest Ride to Victory! 2uj0fif
Dragunity Arma Layvaten
WIND/Level 8/Dragon/2600/1200
You can Special Summon this card from your hand or Graveyard by removing from play 1 face-up monster you control equipped with a "Dragunity" card(s). When this card is Normal or Special Summoned, you can select 1 Dragon-Type monster in your Graveyard, except "Dragunity Arma Leyvaten", and equip it to this card. When this card is sent to the Graveyard by your opponent's card effect, you can select 1 of the monsters that were equipped to this card when it was sent to the Graveyard, and Special Summon that monster from the Graveyard.
This card can be a fatal one, at the cost of removing one Dragunity monster equipped with Dragunity card (where the equipped card will go to graveyard allowing you to re-equip it to Layvaten) for an instant Trident Dragon, a 3000 attack nightmare who's able to attack 3 times in one turn raping your opponent's life points from 8000 to 0 !!

Layvaten's second use is the loop with Light and Darkness Dragon. You Summon this guy, and equip him with a Light and Darkness Dragon in your Graveyard. When Layvaten is killed, Light and Darkness Dragon is also destroyed with him and its effect activates, allowing you to re-Summon Layvaten who can then re-equip himself with Light and Darkness Dragon. There are ways for the opponent to play around this and it leaves you without much in the way of backup defense (since Light and Darkness Dragon blows up your field every time), but it's just another trick that Dragunity players can throw out

iii. Dragunity Knights
"I heard you mention synchroing alot while i'm not seeing any white cards in the list above"
Here we go..
[Deck Review] The Fastest Ride to Victory! Xprckm
Dragunity Knight - Gae Bulg
WIND/Level 6/Dragon/Synchro/2000/1100
1 Dragon-Type Tuner + 1 or more non-Tuner Wined Beast-Type monsters
If this card attacks or is attacked, during the Damage Step you can remove from play 1 (only) Winged Beast-Type monster from your Graveyard, to have this card gain the ATK of that monster until the End Phase.

The card itself got a low stats AND an effect which is almost not usable because your opponent would attack you knowing you could use it, and you wouldn't remove a dragunity from your graveyard just to beat a monster..I mean there're much better options.
[Deck Review] The Fastest Ride to Victory! 28859wj
Dragunity Knight - Gae Dearg
WIND/Level 6/Dragon/Synchro/2400/800
Once per turn, during your Main Phase, you can add 1 Level 4 or lower Dragon-Type or Winged Beast-Type monster from your Deck to your hand. Then discard 1 Dragon-Type or Winged Beast-Type monster.

This card is awesome, this card is magnificent, this card is a 2400 beater with such a great effect which makes you search your dragunities from Deck pretty easily.
BUT WAIT !!!! that card was mandatory BEFORE Ravine got released..Now it just takes up space in extra deck unnecessarily.
[Deck Review] The Fastest Ride to Victory! 28sok6v
Dragunity Knight - Trident
WIND/Level 7/Dragon/Synchro/2400/1700
Once per turn, you can send up to 3 cards you control to the Graveyard to look at your opponent's Extra Deck and send the same number of cards you sent to the Graveyard.
I kinda like the effect of this card, Imagine going against six samurais and then sending both Shi En to graveyard (same with Scraps, Nordics) BUT wasting 2-3 cards beside the 2-3 cards you wasted to synchro for Trident is just too much, Plus he's a level 7 which isn't really easy to get in a typical dragunity deck.

"Dude Why're you listing bullshit ? If listing is the case, add Gaia, The force of earth..the most useles synchro i've ever seen !!"
Hey Gaia is not bad !! it gets over stardust and that's quite offtopic, and hey like you're useful ! Anyway he's right but I promise that you'll find the next cards breathtaking
[Deck Review] The Fastest Ride to Victory! I2m45i
Dragunity Knight - Vajrayana
WIND/Level 6/Dragon/Synchro/1900/1200
When this card is Synchro Summoned, you can select 1 Level 3 or lower Dragon-Type "Dragunity" monster in your Graveyard and equip it to this card as an Equip Card. Once per turn, you can send 1 Equip Card equipped to this card to the Graveyard to double this card's ATK until the End Phase.
Vajrayana is just as important as Dux and Legionnaire in Dragunities, Vajryana's first effect is usually used for synchro climbing a.k.a synchroing for level 8 where phalanx is the obvious target.
Its second effect comes handy when combining it to Aklys, where Vajryana's turned into an enormous attacker who's almost head-to-head with Obelisk the Tormentor for a turn at the cost of sending an equip card to the graveyard where Aklys activates popping out a card off your opponent's field.
[Deck Review] The Fastest Ride to Victory! 16awrk8
Dragunity Knight - Barcha
WIND/Level 8/Dragon/Synchro/2000/1200
When this card is Synchro Summoned, you can select any number of Dragon-Type "Dragunity" monsters in your Graveyard, and equip them to this card. This card gains 300 ATK for each "Dragunity" card equipped to this card.
This card's effect is like the best ever, yet it doesn't see any play in a regular dragunity deck because of its requirements... Yes It requires a Dragon tuner, and a non tuner winged beast.
[color=ORANGE]"So what ? all other synchros require so as well"
If you haven't noticed There're no level 6 winged beast dragunity monsters as all Armas and Dragunity Knights are Dragons, So yeah you'll need to tech in cards like raiza to be able to use this card which overall brings down consistency of the deck.

Support :
-----------------------------------------------------------
"that archetype is bullshit, you're telling me i gotta wait for my tuners get into the graveyard then search my riders, Oh please"
This is where the new support shines, Dragunity Ravine! It just does both for you lazy potato bag !!
[Deck Review] The Fastest Ride to Victory! 11tx0s0
Dragon Ravine
Field Spell
Once per turn, during your Main Phase, you can discard 1 card to activate 1 of these effects:
? Add 1 Level 4 or lower "Dragunity" monster from your Deck to your hand.
? Send 1 Dragon-Type monster from your Deck to the Graveyard.
This card is the engine of the deck, it turns basically every card in your hand into a RoTA/Foolish Burial allowing you to start beating down your opponent like really early. This card is the reason why Dragunities jumped to tier 2 if not tier 1.
Also don't forget that this card being a field spell is a plus as it's searchable by the awesome Terraforming, I'd also like to tell ya that this card along with Necrovalley is the reason dust tornado became a side.
[Deck Review] The Fastest Ride to Victory! Sywin6
Cards of Consonance
Normal Spell
Discard 1 Dragon-Type Tuner monster with 1000 or less ATK to draw 2 cards.
Every dragunity tuner works with this card so it's quite a staple, it speeds up the deck and works pretty well with ravine where you search your phalanx-es/aklyne-s and dump them to graveyard for 2 draws.

Decklist :
Originally Posted by Konami
Frazier Smith (Dragunity)
Monsters: 13
3 Dragunity Phalanx
3 Dragunity Dux
3 Dragunity Legionnaire
2 Dragunity Aklys
2 Effect Veiler

Spells: 16
3 Terraforming
3 Dragon Ravine
2 Mystical Space Typhoon
1 Dark Hole
1 Giant Trunade
1 Book of Moon
1 Monster Reborn
1 Pot of Avarice
2 Cards of Consonance
1 Pot of Duality

Traps: 11
2 Seven Tools of the Bandit
2 Solemn Warning
2 Dimensional Prison
1 Mirror Force
1 Torrential Tribute
1 Royal Oppression
1 Trap Dustshoot
1 Solemn Judgment

Extra Deck: 15
3 Dragunity Knight – Vajrayana
2 Scrap Dragon
1 Brionac, Dragon of the Ice Barrier
1 Ancient Fairy Dragon
1 Ally of Justice Catastor
1 Black Rose Dragon
1 Red Dragon Archfiend
1 Thought Ruler Archfiend
2 Stardust Dragon
1 Trident Dragion
1 Magical Android

Side Deck: 15
2 Cyber Dragon
2 Electric Virus
2 Puppet Plant
2 Chain Disappearance
2 Dust Tornado
2 Royal Decree
1 Mask of Restrict
2 Banisher of the Radiance

This is the decklist which made it to top 32 at YCS Charlotte which did dump Mystletaine/Lyvaten to keep things quite simple and effective.
This format is a pretty aggressive one, So decks that win are decks that open big...and Dragunity deck is just one of the decks whose opening is the end of the game.

The Winning condition of this deck is straight and sharp, Dragunity Ravine for dumping Phalanx and giving you dux for instant synchro into Stardust Dragon/Scrap Dragon/Though Ruler Archfiend Or Event Trident Dragion, then keep pushing turn after turn with further synchro summons and Legionnaire into Aklys to clear the way for direct attacks backed up by a very good backrow.
Without further delay, I'll let you now test the decklist.

"The article is over, why're you reading what i'm saying??!! Instead of doing that leave us feedbacks & Comments below"
Oh and please vote if he shall accompany me in any of my following aritcles or not
"O Wtf ._."
EJ
EJ

Back to top Go down

[Deck Review] The Fastest Ride to Victory! Empty Re: [Deck Review] The Fastest Ride to Victory!

Post  Miley Syrus + 2011-05-19, 11:40

Nice article dude, keep them up.
Miley Syrus +
Miley Syrus +

Birthday : 1991-01-11

Back to top Go down

[Deck Review] The Fastest Ride to Victory! Empty Re: [Deck Review] The Fastest Ride to Victory!

Post  Anzo 2011-05-19, 13:21

decent stuff man , keep it up and show us more ^^
Anzo
Anzo

Back to top Go down

Post  Gorz 2011-05-19, 13:32

I think they should have had Foolish and the Future Fussion Engine instead. It runs so much faster and you can get out a Five-Headed.
Gorz
Gorz

Birthday : 1993-11-23

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 2011-05-19, 16:54

seems like a very well written article. Keep up the good work.

Back to top Go down

Post  zeroalejandro 2011-05-21, 00:16

awesome article I play dragunity and it's one hell of a deck, I always felt that ancient fairy dragon was "using" space though... but it works awesome against GK
zeroalejandro
zeroalejandro

Birthday : 1990-03-12

Back to top Go down

Post  Slim 2011-05-21, 00:37

Dragunities are definitely a nice deck to play. The structure deck was a great idea on Konami's part. Seeing as more and more players are trying to get into the tournament scene.

Seeing some of the dragunity decks fail where they could succeed is something sad to watch...
Slim
Slim

Birthday : 1995-08-01

Back to top Go down

Post  EJ 2011-05-21, 07:02

Thanks for Support everyone.
@ Gorz : Those are personal preferences as every duelist can come out with his own tech/single card choices. Anyway your picks serve serve speed and not consistency as against the most annoying tcg deck ; Gravekeepers. those would be the very first thing to side out as your dux plays are shut and descendant will always be targetting your future fusions.

@ Alejandro : Some cards shine not because they're too good but because the surroundings make them too good and since a meta deck and a partially bad matchup is Gravekeepers, this card shines.

Again thanks for comments everybody, you'll be reading of me very soon Smile
EJ
EJ

Back to top Go down

Post  Portal8229 2011-05-31, 15:05

I always side two Malefic Stardusts for round 2 and 3 'cause you know they sideded Dust Tornados and such. And they wait for you to pitch for Ravine but then your RFG'ing from your extra deck and dropping MSD and its over now those Tornados are dead draws.
Portal8229
Portal8229

Birthday : 1990-08-02

http://djzelion.bandcamp.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sasuke Uchiha 2011-06-09, 18:04

nice I like dragunities
Sasuke Uchiha
Sasuke Uchiha

Birthday : 1995-11-08

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down