Dueling Network Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What else do you guys want?

+4
Kyosuke
Miley Syrus +
Dog King
DanceJonDanceCOPY
8 posters

Go down

What else do you guys want? Empty What else do you guys want?

Post  DanceJonDanceCOPY 2011-05-19, 21:35

Hi guys,

We've just finished adding the topics most of you have been asking for such as video games, gfx, teams, etc.

Some of these topics will remain locked for a bit until we've posted the rules, such as the team area, but I assure you everything is coming. We'd like to know what else you guys want to see. Would you guys like to see the banners back? or do you prefer the forum to have no images? Please let us know what you guys want since after all this is your forum.

DJD
DanceJonDanceCOPY
DanceJonDanceCOPY

Birthday : 1990-03-13

http://forum.duelingnetwork.com

Back to top Go down

What else do you guys want? Empty Re: What else do you guys want?

Post  Dog King 2011-05-21, 06:03

Clubs & Orginazations Forum
Dog King

Birthday : 1990-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 2011-05-21, 06:18

Clubs? like Anime Club or Music Club? What can a Club produce?

Back to top Go down

Post  Miley Syrus + 2011-05-21, 06:23

Trading thread imo: Nearly every site has it so why not.

Chatbox: This just because when people are on the site and they see a nice convo, they can just join in. I always enjoy talking to people when the server tires me out. Cbox on the server is mainly for yugioh purposes for rules, judges, ect. On the site it can be for anything, just have a nice time.

Metagame: Talk about top decks as a whole
Example: 1 thread for sams, 1 thread for Plant variants, ect. Talk about the deck, how it runs, what you tech or run in it, how to play it better, what is coming out that might improve it.

Deck of the month: I'm guessing what we could do is turn the forum we post decks in already into this and people can still comment on the deck and ect, every week/month we choose 2 decks that stood out and looked nice and we post the decklist.

Agent thread: For the war section, for the people who don't have a team or are looking for a last member. Mainly just a place where someone posts they can join a team or that there team needs 1 more, ect.

Mafia: People like mafia, I don't know anything about it though.
Miley Syrus +
Miley Syrus +

Birthday : 1991-01-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Kyosuke 2011-05-21, 12:06

Miley Syrus + wrote:Trading thread imo: Nearly every site has it so why not.

Chatbox: This just because when people are on the site and they see a nice convo, they can just join in. I always enjoy talking to people when the server tires me out. Cbox on the server is mainly for yugioh purposes for rules, judges, ect. On the site it can be for anything, just have a nice time.

Metagame: Talk about top decks as a whole
Example: 1 thread for sams, 1 thread for Plant variants, ect. Talk about the deck, how it runs, what you tech or run in it, how to play it better, what is coming out that might improve it.

Deck of the month: I'm guessing what we could do is turn the forum we post decks in already into this and people can still comment on the deck and ect, every week/month we choose 2 decks that stood out and looked nice and we post the decklist.

Agent thread: For the war section, for the people who don't have a team or are looking for a last member. Mainly just a place where someone posts they can join a team or that there team needs 1 more, ect.

Mafia: People like mafia, I don't know anything about it though.

Yes, and a chatbox will bring more activity to this forum as well. For the deck of the month we can have like poll competition or something. Maybe add article writers or something. As for the Agent Thread. Thumbs up. Glad you agree with it as well.
Kyosuke
Kyosuke

Birthday : 1993-05-04

Back to top Go down

Post  Minako 2011-05-21, 12:09

Chat box and I love the banners. Bring them back please and thank you.
Minako
Minako
The Cardcaptor
The Cardcaptor

Birthday : 1993-10-22

http://www.worldduelingacademy.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  KingMP94 2011-05-21, 12:23

A place to post video uploads would be cool Smile
KingMP94
KingMP94

Back to top Go down

Post  Miley Syrus + 2011-05-21, 14:08

KingMP94 wrote:A place to post video uploads would be cool Smile

I'm sure we can allow a post your videos in a general thread. Or in yugioh general discussion.

Yugioh General:
Post your duel videos

General Discussion:
Post awesome or funny videos
Miley Syrus +
Miley Syrus +

Back to top Go down

Post  vem123 2011-05-21, 14:15

Agree on trade section and chatbox
vem123
vem123

Birthday : 1997-07-02

Back to top Go down

Post  DanceJonDanceCOPY 2011-05-21, 18:00

I plan on adding the chatbox to the portal so just give me time with that. A trading section would be a bit complicated given the fact that we can't be held responsible for scammers. I prefer to use tradecardsonline.com, but if you guys really want a trading section perhaps you can help me work on one miley. The banners are not something everyone liked, but if i have high enough demand for them I'll bring them back.

Deck of the month and such can be added as competitions in the competition section. I'll get to work on that.

As far as videos, like Miley said, you can post those in off topic. They don't need a whole section for them.
DanceJonDanceCOPY
DanceJonDanceCOPY

Back to top Go down

Post  Miley Syrus + 2011-05-21, 19:17

DanceJonDance wrote:I plan on adding the chatbox to the portal so just give me time with that. A trading section would be a bit complicated given the fact that we can't be held responsible for scammers. I prefer to use tradecardsonline.com, but if you guys really want a trading section perhaps you can help me work on one miley. The banners are not something everyone liked, but if i have high enough demand for them I'll bring them back.

Deck of the month and such can be added as competitions in the competition section. I'll get to work on that.

As far as videos, like Miley said, you can post those in off topic. They don't need a whole section for them.

Yeah, no site is ever held responsible. It's just something people will have to deal with. However we can encourage mod trades for those who have cards of higher value.

For those who don't know what a mod trade is it's where both parties send cards to a given mod and then upon receiving both ends the mod sends the cards to the given users. This would only be for high end stuff or for whoever wants a mod trade.

I can write up a dedicated rule guide for online trading to be posted in the newly assigned section for trading. Basically will just go over refs, we aren't responsible for any lost cards, certain rules to be followed, ect. My friend is a trade admin on another site so I can also get some outside input if needed, but I'm find just working with you until we feel we need higher help. We most likely wont though, it's pretty simple to maintain as long as someone is actively watching, and I'm on mon-fri like 24/7. So it shouldn't be too hard to keep up.

As for the banners, I loved them. They were neat. If we were able to keep the design we have right now then implement the banners that would be beautiful. I know we worship BLS but the banner for BLS looked a little choppy. All the others were nice.

Everything else, good.
Miley Syrus +
Miley Syrus +

Back to top Go down

Post  DanceJonDanceCOPY 2011-05-21, 19:20

Alright well I can put you in charge of the trade section if you're up for it. Also, the war section is open for team registrations.
DanceJonDanceCOPY
DanceJonDanceCOPY

Back to top Go down

Post  Slim 2011-05-21, 20:21

Well. If you lay down strict rules for the trade section, you can prevent scammers. I could help with that since I'm quite active on another forum with a Buy/Sell/Trade section. (It's a paintball forum) and they've only ever had ONE scammer get away with an attempt.

One of their rules is to have a white sheet of paper with your username, the forum name, and date on it along with the equipment you're selling in the picture as proof you have it. You could do the same thing in the trade section?
Slim
Slim

Birthday : 1995-08-01

Back to top Go down

Post  Miley Syrus + 2011-05-21, 21:26

Slim wrote:Well. If you lay down strict rules for the trade section, you can prevent scammers. I could help with that since I'm quite active on another forum with a Buy/Sell/Trade section. (It's a paintball forum) and they've only ever had ONE scammer get away with an attempt.

One of their rules is to have a white sheet of paper with your username, the forum name, and date on it along with the equipment you're selling in the picture as proof you have it. You could do the same thing in the trade section?

I appreciate your thoughts and concern, but me and Jon should have this. I've completed the rules and sections, just has to be read.

What you suggested can be a rule of a thread that members can request prior to trading, it's commonly done on pojo.
Miley Syrus +
Miley Syrus +

Back to top Go down

Post  Slim 2011-05-22, 13:04

Miley Syrus + wrote:
I appreciate your thoughts and concern, but me and Jon should have this. I've completed the rules and sections, just has to be read.

What you suggested can be a rule of a thread that members can request prior to trading, it's commonly done on pojo.

Alright! Do a great job. And that requested rule isn't bad either. Maybe make a tips thread to suggest what steps the trader should do in order to keep from getting scammed?
Slim
Slim

Birthday : 1995-08-01

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down