Dueling Network Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

i need a professional opinion

3 posters

Go down

i need a professional opinion  Empty i need a professional opinion

Post  poloventus 2011-07-15, 19:04

i summon sandman from hand. i had sandman and gurdian and a face down on the field he had three face downs and meklord army of granel. its my turn i go into the battle phase i attack with gurdian, he activates dimensional prisn trap card and i activates sandman's abilityto negate dimensional prisn the atk went through and he ativates destruct potion... he cant do that, the atk was not repeated and he cant chain cuz it misses its timing can u help with this and i got A.S.S.ed for this and i want to know if i am in the good for this or not?

poloventus

Back to top Go down

i need a professional opinion  Empty Re: i need a professional opinion

Post  Slim 2011-07-15, 19:13

I'm pretty sure you're right, since the last thing to happen was Granel being destroyed by battle... Plus if that is wrong, you would get a replay since both monsters aren't there for the damage step.
Slim
Slim

Birthday : 1995-08-01

Back to top Go down

Post  The DetonatorCOPY 2011-07-15, 19:28

You are incorrect. This is how your situation works using the relevant steps of the battle phase.

Battle Step:
1. Start/Attack Declaration
- Player 1 declares an attack with Koaki Gaurdian
*Attack response chain begins
Chain Link 1: Dimensional Prison.
Chain Link 2: Sandman (tributing itself as a cost)
**Both players agree to activate no other cards, attack response chain ends**
--- Chain resolves backwards ---
Chain Link 2: Sandman negates Dimensional Prison.
Chain Link 1: Negated

Under the rulings of replay, no replay occurs, attack continues

2. Before the Damage Step
- Cards that don't need to be activated in direct response to the attack declaration, but before the Damage Step, can/may be activated here. Note, that several different chains can be created before both players agree to enter Damage Step.

Chain Link 1: Destruct Potion.

It is important to realize that the battle phase is more complicated than just an attack response chain.
The DetonatorCOPY
The DetonatorCOPY

Birthday : 1991-02-10

Back to top Go down

Post  Slim 2011-07-15, 19:44

But if both monsters aren't there for the damage step, He gets a replay right?
Slim
Slim

Birthday : 1995-08-01

Back to top Go down

i need a professional opinion  Empty to the detonater

Post  poloventus 2011-07-15, 20:23

i know all of that but i was using sandman and guardian he activated dimensional prison and i negated it via sandman eff. does my attack go through with guardian? and if my atk does go through, can he activate destruct potion to gain life points...

i thought that if the atk goes through u cant activate any more cards except the ones that happen during damage calculation?

poloventus

Back to top Go down

Post  The DetonatorCOPY 2011-07-15, 20:37

Slim wrote:But if both monsters aren't there for the damage step, He gets a replay right?
After Sandman resolves both monsters are still there. No replay.

Once Destruct Potion resolves (assuming he targets meklord) then yes you get a replay.

@Poloventus
I just explained what happened in my previous post.

The only time you get a replay is if the attack target on your opponents side of the field changes, or the number of possible targets changes, OR if the attacking monster is removed from the field. If other monsters you control are removed, or new monsters are summoned to your side of the field you get NO replay.

In this case no replay occurs since sandman is not the attacking monster.

Yes he has a timing to activate Destruct Postion as i stated before both players agree to entering the Damage Step, but after the attack response chain is over.

poloventus wrote:i thought that if the atk goes through u cant activate any more cards except the ones that happen during damage calculation?

This is incorrect, you have a timing between the resolution of an attack response chain and before entering the Damage Step to activate cards.
The DetonatorCOPY
The DetonatorCOPY

Birthday : 1991-02-10

Back to top Go down

Post  poloventus 2011-07-15, 20:57

thanks for clearing that up i really appreciate it now i know i am in the wrong and i can apologize now.

poloventus

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down