Dueling Network Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Make-'em Balanced! - Plant Engine

3 posters

Go down

Make-'em Balanced! - Plant Engine Empty Make-'em Balanced! - Plant Engine

Post  Sheodon 2011-08-03, 18:54

Hey guys. I just started a totally new project, where I just try to make already existing cards' "reincarnation", whiches are a way more balanced version of current, broken cards.

Imagine the current cards as banned cards, but all of the reincarnations are unlimited.

This time, my choice is "Plant Engine". This engine is really creative and popular, however, most of its cards are really broken. So, I try to make them balanced.

The first choice is Lonefire Blossom. It originally wasn't broken, however, with expanding of Debris Dragon and Dandylion, it became really broken, thankfully to the cards like Spore and Glow-up Bulb.

Prolific Weed

Make-'em Balanced! - Plant Engine ProlificWeed

Spoiler:

As you can see, I made this card similar to the original one. However, instead of Tributing, it Banishes itself, which is way harder to recycle with Pot of Avarice, and the most important thing: even if it's LV1, it cannot be Special Summoned, so Summoning more copies is just not available now.

Lily Dragon

Make-'em Balanced! - Plant Engine LilyDragon

Spoiler:

This card is a balanced counterpart of Dandylion. It's also a Dragon-Type monster on the field and in the Graveyard since its appereance, but not originally to make it Summonable by Prolific Weed. Now it's effect only works if it was sent to the Graveyard from the field (like Sangan), and also banishes itself, so Debris Dragon and Pot of Avarice is not useable with them anymore. Also the Token is Summoned in Attack Position (so not stall anymore), and neither Monarch-friendly. These weakenings are okay, since this card is now Unlimited along with Prolific Weed (however, imagine Lonefire and Dandy as banned cards).

More to come...
Sheodon
Sheodon

https://www.youtube.com/Sheodon

Back to top Go down

Make-'em Balanced! - Plant Engine Empty Re: Make-'em Balanced! - Plant Engine

Post  Sheodon 2011-08-04, 18:19

The set is updated with Lily Dragon.
Sheodon
Sheodon

https://www.youtube.com/Sheodon

Back to top Go down

Post  XIVcaliber 2011-08-10, 15:46

Banishing Lily Dragon after using its effect seems kind of like overkill...but, hey, why am I complaining, we have Leviair!

*fireworks*

I really like Prolific Weed, though. I would run three (if it was real) in a FIRE monster-based Plant build I'd like to run based around Seed of Flame and Goka, the Pyre of Malice.
XIVcaliber
XIVcaliber

Birthday : 1993-10-31

http://www.dreamaniacgame.freeforums.org

Back to top Go down

Post  Gyroh 2011-08-10, 21:58

I hardly see people using Tribute Summons anymore, so allowing Lili Dragon's tokens to be used for a Tribute Summon doesn't make a difference, what would really make a difference is if these tokens weren't usable as Synchro materials. I like both cards by the way.
Gyroh
Gyroh

Birthday : 1990-04-10

Back to top Go down

Post  XIVcaliber 2011-08-20, 11:54

By the way, these cards are no longer needed (though I would still love Prolific Weed). The list did pretty much everything it could to balance the engine. It's incredibly manageable now.
XIVcaliber
XIVcaliber

Birthday : 1993-10-31

http://www.dreamaniacgame.freeforums.org

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down