Dueling Network Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ancient City - Rainbow Ruins vs Dimensional Fissure

+2
Badass_Bunny
freecarl2011
6 posters

Go down

Solved Ancient City - Rainbow Ruins vs Dimensional Fissure

Post  freecarl2011 2011-08-06, 06:36

Okay, I'm pretty sure I know the ruling of this one.

Ancient City - Rainbow Ruins vs Dimensional Fissure Ragewq

so basically I was really going to lose until I drew card destruction. I activated it and my opponent (who shall remain nameless) wanted to negate it by sending a crystal beast monster to the graveyard with Rainbow Ruins' 3+ effect. The problem he has is that this is a cost and I have dimensional fissure on the field (it's been there for a long while just like the two soul absorptions and the messenger of peace). Now, when it is a cost to send a monster to the graveyard and dimensional fissure is on the field, the cost cannot be completed as the monster would not be sent to the graveyard. The same works with the effects of Thunder King Rai-Oh, Effect Veiler, etc; Gravekeeper's Servant even blocks the opponent from attacking if both it and dimensional fissure/macro cosmos is on the field (there is a way through this in dimensional fissure's case if Convulsion of Nature is on the field). I've been in similar situations before (since I keep Gravekeeper's Servant in my deck), but my opponent did not agree. I gave him whatever links available, even though there really are not any because the occasion is so rare. Since my opponent did not agree with me, he ragequit pretty bad since he would have given me at most 6000 life points if he had 6 monsters in his hand. He would have completely won if he had a mystical space typhoon, giant trunade, etc. within the next 6 cards he picked up, but he refused to go on.

edit: picture won't show so https://2img.net/r/ihimg/photo/my-images/84/ragewq.jpg

freecarl2011

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Ancient City - Rainbow Ruins vs Dimensional Fissure

Post  Badass_Bunny 2011-08-06, 06:44

You can't pay costs that require you to send monsters to graveyard while Dimensional Fissure is face-up on the field.

Sending 1 "Crystal Beast" monster to to graveyard is a cost

So he can not use effect of Ancient City - Rainbow Ruins to negate your Card Destruction
Badass_Bunny
Badass_Bunny
Smexy Duelist
Smexy Duelist

Birthday : 1996-04-17

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix 2011-08-06, 06:46

xD, tht is what i call overreacting!^.^
Phoenix
Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  LilyRainEve(TeWe) 2011-08-06, 07:19

The Crystal Beast monster in the backrow is considered as spell/trap, so yes you can.
Check the Dimensional Fissure Ruling in wikia vs Crystal Abundance if my memory serve me right, i'm lazy to check it.
LilyRainEve(TeWe)
LilyRainEve(TeWe)

Back to top Go down

Post  Badass_Bunny 2011-08-06, 07:23

LilyRainEve(TeWe) wrote:The Crystal Beast monster in the backrow is considered as spell/trap, so yes you can.
Check the Dimensional Fissure Ruling in wikia vs Crystal Abundance if my memory serve me right, i'm lazy to check it.

Ohh...the irony, if it's considered a spell card then you can't send it to grave since it's not a monster...
Badass_Bunny
Badass_Bunny
Smexy Duelist
Smexy Duelist

Birthday : 1996-04-17

Back to top Go down

Post  BlackwingRa 2011-08-06, 07:29

Badass_Bunny wrote:
LilyRainEve(TeWe) wrote:The Crystal Beast monster in the backrow is considered as spell/trap, so yes you can.

Ohh...the irony, if it's considered a spell card then you can't send it to grave since it's not a monster...
The 3+ effect of Ancient City - Rainbow Ruins say that you send a "Crystal Beast" monster you control, so you cannot use the Crystal Beast monsters in the backrow to pay cost for the effect. So the 1st answer Bunny gave is correct.
BlackwingRa
BlackwingRa

Birthday : 1991-10-02

Back to top Go down

Post  TamACOPY 2011-08-06, 15:40

What Badass_Bunny and BlackwingRA say is correct.

For further understanding of this card's rulings, check it's rulings on: http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Card_Rulings:Ancient_City_-_Rainbow_Ruins

Solved & closed.
TamACOPY
TamACOPY

Birthday : 1991-07-07

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down