Dueling Network Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Local master of madness

2 posters

Go down

Local master of madness Empty Local master of madness

Post  shigoshi 2011-08-14, 00:24

well my title is more given by myself but hey, wouldn't be a master of madness if I didn't self-proclaim things now!

Anyway, moving on into my interests and other things suchlike and various assortments of random information that will serve you in no way or form. Living in scotland is a pain for getting games of yugioh mainly because most cases there isn't a single Debunking card shop or suchlike around that I can go to to play. So DN gives me a chance to actually play yugioh with other people. So far my IRL deck is made on it (my attempt at uniqueness via my Nordic-doppel-plants) but now rarely sees duels because of other things I am testing and suchlike.

On a more unrelated note: I came back to yugioh from 2 events leading to it. My arrival at college let me meet a friend I knew from high school and find out he likes yugioh. This spurred me back into yugioh since the games workshop in falkirk changed it's times to being extremely unhelpful (nothing to do with the manager, basically it was top end idiots). So I came back and began playing an old deck I had made on the day of my last day of high school because before I left one of my other dueling friends there gave me a stack of cards he said I would like: They were the ancient gears I was hunting for! So An ancient gear deck was made and thus began me and my other friend having duels and for near on 2 months these duels were back and forth slug fests between my ancient gears and his dragons.

However a convention rolled around (called D-con) and a yugioh tournament was held there so I thought I bring my latest creation to their (which had won a recent tournament my friend held) and it did ok. However the exposure to competitive players and some extremely powerful decks left me driving to get better.

This led to my adoption of synchros. At this time I hated them (and was eagerly awaiting Xyzs, now it's vice-versa because Xyzs are broke! Irony)however saw their incredible power. So I threw a few decks together to get used to synchroing then my biggest thing happened for my first real powerhouse deck.

Sitting on a bus with my friend, we had bought a few packs of ragnarok and I managed to pull out a vanadis. So began my nordic deck.

The deck was by all means jeff jones list but with a few tweaks in my favour. The deck proved rather hard to stop for my friends who then soon took this as a chance to get better. Over the course a barely a month or so, we starting creating some rather good decks however my nordic gods were still using their monsters are toilet roll! However overtime they started to get better and soon the gods were getting matched.

Time wore on and eventually I felt my nordic deck was getting slow. In all truth is was slow, it required the opponent to attack me to work properly and in all truth my friends soon wisened up to this and developed new tactics to beat me so I needed to bring something new to the dueling mats! This came about my experiments which involved the idea that engines in yugioh, while used to drive a deck can be used in unison to keep a deck going no matter the scenerio so thus came the Nordic-doppel deck. The deck improved greatly and with more independent power to synchro and do things without having to wait my friends also had to speed up their game. In all truth, everytime I get better they get better as well as they get exposed to some of the most powerful stuff there is (I am the only one who has solemn warnings).

Again though, they began to develop tactics to counter me and this time directing again at the nordic part of the deck. Don't attack blindly and pick targets carefully and prepare for when he drops his big stuff. This had to stop.
Thus a third driving engine was obtained by mean to give the deck it's current and right now most stable power. The plant engine.

Now a days though while my progression has also progressed my friends, I feel we are now more aware and better duelists than we were half a year ago. While this is sad our progression is slowed greatly, we keep making some truly golden moments in duels (like our 'who goes first game', you call a card name then your opponent counters it with another card but must represent it with an item. So it went: Dark hole, dark bribe (chocolate treat), solemn judgement (a toy hammer, ban hammer XD), dark bribe (he had a box of them ok!), dark bribe (fire with fire?), dark bribe (last one!) then finally I look around and pick up an xbox charger cable that constantly 'MALFUNCTION!'. By far one of the most humourous things ever done. He was in stitchs too bad to counter back!).
(however another moment of 'ouch' was when I trished my friend and slammed his 3 vayus, 1 on field (face-down), 1 in hand (1 out of 3 in his hand) and one in his grave!)

Anyway, I'll leave you this minor life story for you to read.

Oh and those 2-4 minutes of your life aren't refundable, muahahahaha!

shigoshi

Back to top Go down

Local master of madness Empty Re: Local master of madness

Post  KaousFaustXIII 2011-08-14, 00:47

played before
stopped
played again
denying synchros
started using synchros
understanding speed and card advantage
understanding how to counter the meta (local)
keep improving and trying out new stuff

exactly what happened to me. hope we're on the right track Wink
KaousFaustXIII
KaousFaustXIII

Birthday : 1986-03-17

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum