Dueling Network Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dark Magicians

+2
No77u101
WrightJustice
6 posters

Go down

Dark Magicians Empty Dark Magicians

Post  WrightJustice 2011-08-14, 16:12

I just thought I'd post my newly created Dark Magician based cards here Very Happy

Dark Magician's Aide (DARK)
Level 3
Spellcaster/Effect
When this card is destroyed and sent to the Graveyard: You can add 1 "Dark Magician" to your Hand from your Deck.
1300/900

Magical Dark Wizard (DARK)
Level 4
Spellcaster/Effect
Whilst face-up on the field or in the graveyards, this cards name is treated as "Dark Magician". If you tribute summon "Dark Magician" by tributing this card, it gains 500 ATK and DEF.
1700/800

Dark Magic Apprentice (DARK)
Level 4
Spellcaster/Effect
Whilst you control this face-up card and a face-up "Dark Magician", this cards level is treated as 7 and you can use the following effect(s):
Once per turn: you can pay 800 life points; return 1 spell card in your graveyard to your Hand, if it is used this turn, it is banished instead of sent to the graveyard and this card loses 500 ATK and turned to ATK position and cannot have its battle position changed all until your next standby phase.
1500/1000

Young Dark Magician Girl (DARK)
Level 3
Spellcaster/Effect
If you control a face-up "Dark magician", you can special summon this card in face-up ATK position. This card gains 200 ATK for each "Dark Magician" face-up on the field or in either player's graveyard.
1000/850

Masterful Dark Magician (DARK)
Rank 7
Spellcaster/Xyz/Effect
2 level 7 monsters including 1 "Dark Magician".
Whilst this card is face-up on the field or in the graveyard, its name is treated as "Dark Magician".
Once per turn: You can detach 1 Xyz material from this card and target 1 Spell Card in your deck; add that target to your hand and reveal it your opponent, then you can banish up to 2 cards on the field.
If this card has no Xyz material, destroy it then at the end of your next turn's end phase you can special summon 1 "Dark Magician" from your graveyard in face-up DEF position.
2500/2000

WrightJustice

Birthday : 1991-08-21

Back to top Go down

Dark Magicians Empty Re: Dark Magicians

Post  No77u101 2011-08-23, 20:17

Finally another Magician Fan!
No77u101
No77u101

Birthday : 1989-11-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Occultdude17 2011-11-09, 18:16

I'm not a big fan of Xyz, but I can see myself running "Masterful Dark Magician". "Dark Magic Apprentice", however, is going to confuse people. We already have "Apprentice Magician".
Occultdude17
Occultdude17

Back to top Go down

Post  S.S.A. 2011-11-09, 19:49

not bad, cards are good but not to busted, xyz effect is alittle TO good, but not so much so that people would be seriously pissed
S.S.A.
S.S.A.

Back to top Go down

Post  jabber2033 2011-11-11, 22:16

Let me help you out with proper card text.

Dark Magician's Aide (DARK)
Level 3
Spellcaster/Effect
When this card is destroyed and sent to the Graveyard: You can add 1 "Dark Magician" to your Deck from your Hand.
1300/900

I think you meant to say add from Deck to Hand, right?

Magical Dark Wizard (DARK)
Level 4
Spellcaster/Effect
While this card is face-up on the Field or in the Graveyard, this card's name is treated as "Dark Magician". If you tribute summon "Dark Magician" by tributing this card, the "Dark Magician" you summoned gains 500 ATK and DEF.
1700/800

Just a couple of additions and grammar changes.

Dark Magic Apprentice (DARK)
Level 4
Spellcaster/Effect
While you control this face-up card and a face-up "Dark Magician", this card is treated as a Level 7 monster and you can use the following effect(s):
Once per turn: you can pay 800 life points to return 1 spell card in your graveyard to your Hand. If the Spell Card added to your Hand by this card's effect is used this turn, it is banished instead of being sent to the Graveyard and this card loses 500 ATK.
1500/1000

Again, a few grammar changes. I also don't think changing it to ATK position is a good effect. Mostly because this card will probably be summoned in ATK mode in order to use its effect. Just a thought.

Young Dark Magician Girl (DARK)
Level 3
Spellcaster/Effect
If you control a face-up "Dark Magician", you can Special Summon this card in face-up ATK position. This card gains 200 ATK for each "Dark Magician" face-up on the Field or in either player's Ggraveyard.
1000/850

Masterful Dark Magician (DARK)
Rank 7
Spellcaster/Xyz/Effect
2 level 7 monsters including 1 "Dark Magician".
While this card is face-up on the field or in the graveyard, its name is treated as "Dark Magician".
Once per turn: You can detach 1 Xyz material from this card and target 1 Spell Card in your deck. Add that target to your hand and reveal it your opponent, then you can banish up to 2 cards on the field.
If this card has no Xyz materials, destroy it. At the End Phase of your next turn after this card is destroyed by its own effect, you can Special Summon 1 "Dark Magician" from your Graveyard in DEF position.
2500/2000

That's a bit cleaner and more clearer.

All in all, nice cards! 8.5/10. Dark Magician really needs more stuff.
jabber2033
jabber2033

Back to top Go down

Post  storyteller 2011-11-11, 23:52

Retrieving Spells from Graveyard is actually a pretty OP effect. So much more so is searching for any 1 spell from deck (not to mention banishing 2 cards along with it).

The only cards that do the former, as far as I know, is a -2 spell card, a monster that likely will not see use, and a banned monster (Magical Stone Excavation, Ice Queen, and Dark Magician of Chaos). The one card that does the latter is ridiculously hard to summon (Dark Sage).

So, if you get Apprentice on field with Dark Magician, you can retrieve a spell card, then xyz into Masterful, detach to search for another spell card of your choice, and banish 2. Hmm. I'm loving the pluses there.

In short, I think your cards broken. Of course, there is the matter of actually summoning Dark Magicians, but with Black Curtain and whatnot, I'm sure there are more than a few ways. Magical Dark Wizard kinda kills the purpose of Skilled Dark Magician, too, although I suppose Prisma already accomplished that.

On a more technical note, cards in the Deck cannot be targeted. Or at least, the game has made it so that it's not "targeting" so far. Just so you know.
storyteller
storyteller

Birthday : 1991-10-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Occultdude17 2011-11-12, 17:08

storyteller wrote:Retrieving Spells from Graveyard is actually a pretty OP effect. So much more so is searching for any 1 spell from deck (not to mention banishing 2 cards along with it).

The only cards that do the former, as far as I know, is a -2 spell card, a monster that likely will not see use, and a banned monster (Magical Stone Excavation, Ice Queen, and Dark Magician of Chaos). The one card that does the latter is ridiculously hard to summon (Dark Sage).

So, if you get Apprentice on field with Dark Magician, you can retrieve a spell card, then xyz into Masterful, detach to search for another spell card of your choice, and banish 2. Hmm. I'm loving the pluses there.

In short, I think your cards broken. Of course, there is the matter of actually summoning Dark Magicians, but with Black Curtain and whatnot, I'm sure there are more than a few ways. Magical Dark Wizard kinda kills the purpose of Skilled Dark Magician, too, although I suppose Prisma already accomplished that.

On a more technical note, cards in the Deck cannot be targeted. Or at least, the game has made it so that it's not "targeting" so far. Just so you know.

That may be true normally, but not here. The text on "Masterful Dark Magician" specifically says "target", therefore it targets. Card text always trumps the rulebook.
Occultdude17
Occultdude17

Back to top Go down

Post  storyteller 2011-11-12, 17:46

Well, the rulebook doesn't actually specify that cards in the deck can't be targeted. It's just a general convention just about every card in the game follows, and there really is no reason not to follow it.
storyteller
storyteller

Birthday : 1991-10-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum