Dueling Network Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Not quite a storyteller

Go down

Not quite a storyteller Empty Not quite a storyteller

Post  storyteller 2011-09-11, 21:52

Hi. I'm storyteller. Real name's Cong Hui, but then again, I've been called Kei Sou in Japan , and here in the US I'm Tom, so... yeah. Have your it your way.

Born October 25th (on which I will have a differential equations quiz :/) in Beijing, China, I have little recollections of my life until I'm roughly... 4, I think, by which time I'm in Japan (moved there at two and a half). This is around the time when I am playing piano and singing in a Sound of the Music show thing my piano teacher put together. Hard to imagine from the way I am now.

I had a friend in kindergarten who came from Europe (Hungary, I think) and had a pokemon deck, which is where I first got to know about trading card games, but I never gathered enough cards to ever really play. Besides, I had my gameboy pocket which i traded out for skeletal-purple gameboy color and pokemon yellow/medabots 2. I sucked as a kid, seeing as it wasn't until several years after I moved to US that I managed to complete medabot 2.

Anyways, third grade. I move to another district, transfer schools, and there yugioh's all the rage. So, naturally, I get into it too. First time I bought cards, it was out of one of those gacha-pon like things that give out 3 cards. I remember Megirus Light being one of them. I will for the rest of my life remember it as a lv 3 dark fiend vanilla with 900 attack. No, I did not have to look that up, and the art will stay with me, too. Then I decided to buy a LoB pack, and the first card I pull out of my first pack is, what do you know, blue-eyes white dragon (Japanese packs, at least those of this time, came with 5 cards per pack, just so you know).

I continue to play with crappy cards. I do manage to pull a Thousand Dragon from Metal Raiders pack (Blue-Eyes and Thousand Dragon. Go figure). As crappy a card as it is, it IS a secret rare. At nine and half years of age, I move to the US, where I get back into Pokemon. Oh, how I sucked. I had a deck which basically went 1:1 in basic pokemon to corresponding evolution pokemon, stuffed with pokemon of every which type. Amazingly enough, this deck won me a lot of games. I don't get back into yugioh until... i don't know, 6th grade or something. I play bit by bit until roughly 10th grade. Those were the days of pretty much plain beat down. I quit roughly when DB2 came out. Later, I play a DS game, where I learn a bit about lightsworns and Twilight. Then I quit again.

A month or so ago, my friend shows me a site called DN. And so since then I have been playing. So far I've played: a dark synchro deck (netdecked), Montage OTK, Evil Hero Rock Stun, Fire Princess OTK, Machinatown Gadgets, Ojamachine gun, and experimental Agent Zombie. I really don't like to play straight-up meta, do I? So far Ojamachine gun's the most fun, but Evil Hero Rock Stun's my fav.

Well, that's pretty much it. If any of you cared enough to read all that, I thank you for your patience. If not, oh, well. I'm up to chatting with any Japanese people, too, so send me a pm or something if any of you Japanese members get the urge to... I don't know, converse with a stranger in Japanese or something.
storyteller
storyteller

Birthday : 1991-10-25

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum