Dueling Network Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Herald of Perfection Question

3 posters

Go down

Solved Herald of Perfection Question

Post  Sephiroth D2k 2011-09-13, 01:19

Ive been playing yugioh since start. Im pretty much aware of most ruling (if not all) but I never got a straight answer on this one. So I ask the DN community/other Judges out there...

Is the card "Herald of Perfection" multi-trigger? Can I activate it's effect multiple times during the same chain?

Example:
Chain Link 1: Player 1 Activates "Dark Hole"
Chain Link 2: Player 2 Activates "Herald of Perfection" effect with proper cost.
Chain Link 3: Player 1 Activates "Compulsory Evacuation Device"
Chain Link 4: Player 2 Activates "Herald of Perfection" effect with proper cost.

I know its effect would still go through even if it left the field through card effect. But I just want to know if you can use its effect multiple times during a chain or only once like "Light and Darkness Dragon".

Also is "Gladiator Beast- Heraklinos" multi trigger as well?

I ask because I know Light and Darkness dragon is not multi-trigger, but both Heraklinos and Herald have different wording.
Sephiroth D2k
Sephiroth D2k

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Herald of Perfection Question

Post  tester12342 2011-09-13, 01:53

You can use it multiple times in the same chain so in your case Compulsory gets negated and Herald stays on the field.

tester12342

Back to top Go down

Post  Sephiroth D2k 2011-09-13, 02:49

What about Herakilnos?

Is there any way (maybe text-wise) on the card that you can tell if it is multi-trigger?
Sephiroth D2k
Sephiroth D2k

Back to top Go down

Post  dest 2011-09-13, 03:02

1. It is quick, not trigger
2. You can tell when the card doesn't say "once per turn" or doesn't have a special rule like LaDD (which would try to negate himself in an infinite loop otherwise^^), as long as you can pay the cost and no counter trap is within that you can negate infinite times in the same chain.
It applies to all cards of that kind, Herald, Horus, Naturia Beast/Barkion/Exterio, Heraklinos, etc. At least I don't know any exceptions, just state one if you find one...
dest
dest
Boneash
Boneash

Birthday : 1987-07-30

Back to top Go down

Post  Sephiroth D2k 2011-09-13, 04:44

Thank you! That about sums up my question(s). Very Happy
Sephiroth D2k
Sephiroth D2k

Back to top Go down