Dueling Network Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum Translation!

+4
Adept VantageSP
Key
{EX} TheVoid
The DetonatorCOPY
8 posters

Go down

Forum Translation! Empty Forum Translation!

Post  The DetonatorCOPY 2011-09-13, 20:56

Most of you use the toolbar available to you below the scrolling announcements. It has become such a core navigation unit for members allowing them you use these forums to their full potential. Unfortunately there was something these forums could not cater for; different languages.

Due to many many requests to have forums for different languages, I decided to take it one step further. I have now replaced the system time tab with a translator. This translator will completely translate the board into a language of your choice. This translation will continue to operate on every page you visit so long as you do not close the tab that appears just at the top of the page. This powerful tool will now allow those with an English speaking language barrier to use this forum to the best of their ability.

The translator is of course Google powered and no this does not mean it will translate the forum 100%. Translation will depend entirely on Google's capabilities.

If at anytime you wish to revert back to the original English version of this board you can do so by clicking "show original" in the google translate tab shown at the top of your browser.

Happy browsing!
The DetonatorCOPY
The DetonatorCOPY

Birthday : 1991-02-10

Back to top Go down

Forum Translation! Empty Re: Forum Translation!

Post  {EX} TheVoid 2011-09-13, 21:11

So does this mean if someone posts in spanish, itll translate to English for everyone else?
{EX} TheVoid
{EX} TheVoid
Cuddlez's Biscuit
Cuddlez's Biscuit

Birthday : 1992-02-29

Back to top Go down

Post  Key 2011-09-13, 21:19

It literally translate the whole forum, try it >__________>
Key
Key
←↓Ruling Scrubbie↑→
←↓Ruling Scrubbie↑→

Birthday : 1994-11-29

Back to top Go down

Post  Adept VantageSP 2011-09-13, 21:56

Pretty cool. Great job once again.
Adept VantageSP
Adept VantageSP
Adept Swordsmaster
 Adept Swordsmaster

Birthday : 1992-05-08

http://yugiohgxforums.b1.jcink.com/index.php?

Back to top Go down

Post  Yea,what eva 2011-09-13, 22:55

Nice Joob Detonador Very Happy
Yea,what eva
Yea,what eva

Birthday : 1994-06-10

Back to top Go down

Post  The DetonatorCOPY 2011-09-13, 23:55

TheVoid wrote:So does this mean if someone posts in spanish, itll translate to English for everyone else?

Not quite.

The forum "as is" is untranslated. What you see is what you get. However these is an option to translate the current board into English. It will kind of mess up a lot post and topic data because of translating English to English, some words may be swapped around etc. But if someone was to post "as is" in Spanish or similar, translating the forum to English will translate those posts.
The DetonatorCOPY
The DetonatorCOPY

Back to top Go down

Post  {EX} TheVoid 2011-09-14, 00:11

The Detonator wrote:
TheVoid wrote:So does this mean if someone posts in spanish, itll translate to English for everyone else?

Not quite.

The forum "as is" is untranslated. What you see is what you get. However these is an option to translate the current board into English. It will kind of mess up a lot post and topic data because of translating English to English, some words may be swapped around etc. But if someone was to post "as is" in Spanish or similar, translating the forum to English will translate those posts.
So lets say, for example, you don't speak English, and therefore you change the language to Spanish. You read this topic, respond in Spanish, everyone else will see it in Spanish then?

Rereading my post it sounds almost like I am mad, but Im not so dont take it that way. Just making sure I understand. Very Happy
{EX} TheVoid
{EX} TheVoid
Cuddlez's Biscuit
Cuddlez's Biscuit

Birthday : 1992-02-29

Back to top Go down

Post  Key 2011-09-14, 00:18

Whatever language you post will be whatever language the others will see.
Key
Key
←↓Ruling Scrubbie↑→
←↓Ruling Scrubbie↑→

Birthday : 1994-11-29

Back to top Go down

Post  dest 2011-09-14, 07:15

as good as that tool is meant, the translation is just horrible. Can't expect something else from the google translator^^

I'd only use it if you really can't understand anything what is written here, but if you have the slightest idea of english the original board is really much better.
Seriously, I read the start post of this topic with and without translator: With translator I didn't understand a word^^
dest
dest
Boneash
Boneash

Birthday : 1987-07-30

Back to top Go down

Post  Goddess nX 2011-09-14, 09:08

Yeah, The Japanese text is wrong most of the time.. :/
Goddess nX
Goddess nX
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Birthday : 1993-11-09

https://facebook.com/ladydaree

Back to top Go down

Post  KaousFaustXIII 2011-09-14, 13:45

oh that annoying thing that keeps telling me to translate this "Romanian" page to English, i cant remember how i got rid of it '')/
KaousFaustXIII
KaousFaustXIII

Birthday : 1986-03-17

Back to top Go down

Post  The DetonatorCOPY 2011-09-17, 18:56

You can remove the translation from the page by clicking the options tab next to the x on the far right. From here click on "turn off translation for this site"

The translation bar will now not come up until you use the translation tool again.
The DetonatorCOPY
The DetonatorCOPY

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down