Dueling Network Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Custom Structure Deck] X01: Alien Anarchy

+5
The Dubstep Dealer
nsanejokr
Phoenix Wright
DefiniteOtaku
Sheodon
9 posters

Go down

[Custom Structure Deck] X01: Alien Anarchy Empty [Custom Structure Deck] X01: Alien Anarchy

Post  Sheodon 2011-09-18, 21:46

Hey guys. Just decided to post some custom card ideas. But to make the things more interesting, while I'm posting some new cards, I'm also creating some fictionalized, custom Structure Decks too with some reprint ideas.

Let's see first the Structure Deck list:

MONSTERS
1 Intra-System Terraformer, Alien Weapon (*)
1 Alien Analyst (*)
1 Alien Miner (*)
1 Alien Mother
1 Alien Overlord
1 Alien Warrior
1 Alien Kid
2 Alien Dog
1 Alien Grey
2 Alien Ammonite
1 Alien Mars
1 Alien Skull
1 Alien Telepath
1 Alien Hunter
1 Alien Hypno
1 Alien Psychic
1 Evil Dragon Ananta

SPELLS
1 "A" Cell Morphoirradiation (*)
1 "A" Cell Incubator
1 "A" Cell Scatter Burst
1 Code A Ancient Ruins
1 Corruption Cell "A"
1 Mysterious Triangle
1 Mystical Space Typhoon
1 Heavy Storm
1 Pot of Duality
1 Viper's Rebirth

TRAPS

1 Close Encounter of the Third Kind(*)
1 Alien Brain
1 Damage = Reptile
1 Offering to the Snake Deity
1 Snake Whistle
1 Starlight Road
1 Planet Pollutant Virus
1 Cell Explosion Virus
1 Crop Circles
1 Threatening Roar
1 Brainwashing Beam

Now, let's see the custom cards:

Intra-System Terraformer
Monster/Effect
Reptile
DARK, LV8
ATK 2500
DEF 1950
Eff: Cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. Must be Special Summoned by removing 2 A-Counters from anywhere on the field. Once per turn: remove 1 A-Counter from anywhere on the field; send 1 card from the field to the Graveyard (if you activated this effect: this card cannot attack during the same turn). When this card is sent to the Graveyard, add 1 "Alien" monster from your Graveyard to your hand. (If a monster with an A-Counter battles an "Alien" monster, it loses 300 ATK and DEF for each A-Counter during damage calculation only.)

Alien Analyst
Monster/Effect
Reptile
LIGHT, LV4
ATK 1600
DEF 800
Eff: When this card is Normal Summoned: place 2 A-Counters on face-up monster(s) your opponent controls. Once per turn: remove 2 A-Counters from anywhere on the field; add 1 "Alien" monster from your Deck to your hand (except "Alien Analyst"). (If a monster with an A-Counter battles an "Alien" monster, it loses 300 ATK and DEF for each A-Counter during damage calculation only.)

Alien Miner
Monster/Effect
Reptile
EARTH, LV1
ATK 300
DEF 100
Eff: Once per turn: place 1 A-Counter on 1 monster OR 1 "Code A Ancient Ruins" on the field. "Code A Ancient Ruins" cannot be destroyed by card effects while this card is face-up. (If a monster with an A-Counter battles an "Alien" monster, it loses 300 ATK and DEF for each A-Counter during damage calculation only.)

"A" Cell Morphoirradiation
Spell/Normal
Eff: Activate only if there are any A-Counter on the field: Discard 1 "Alien" monster and remove 2 A-Counters from anywhere on the field; draw 2 cards. You can only activate 1 ""A" Cell Morphoirradiation" per turn.

Close Encounter of the Third Kind
Trap/Counter
Eff: Activate only when your opponent Normal or Special Summons a monster and you control any "Alien" monsters: remove 2 A-Counters from anywhere on the field; negate the Summon of the monster and destroy it.

PROMO
Alien Mothership Captain
Monster/Exceed
Reptile
EARTH, Rank 4
ATK 2400
DEF 2000
Eff: 2 "Alien" monsters
Once per turn: you can detach 1 Exceed Material Monster; place 2 A-Counters on face-up monster(s) your opponent controls. While this card is face-up on the field: monsters with A-Counters on them cannot attack or change their battle position.

Last edited by Sheodon on 2011-09-22, 15:36; edited 11 times in total
Sheodon
Sheodon

https://www.youtube.com/Sheodon

Back to top Go down

[Custom Structure Deck] X01: Alien Anarchy Empty Re: [Custom Structure Deck] X01: Alien Anarchy

Post  DefiniteOtaku 2011-09-18, 22:00

Wow, this seems pretty legit. Not to OPed, and it would give aliens a sudden meta edge they would need. Kudos bro.
DefiniteOtaku
DefiniteOtaku
Chaotic Stupid
Chaotic Stupid

Birthday : 1992-10-28

Back to top Go down

[Custom Structure Deck] X01: Alien Anarchy Empty Re: [Custom Structure Deck] X01: Alien Anarchy

Post  Phoenix Wright 2011-09-18, 22:03

Intra-system transformer would be banned, as would UFO and Annalist
Phoenix Wright
Phoenix Wright

Birthday : 1993-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post  DefiniteOtaku 2011-09-18, 22:06

Pox_Equestria wrote:Intra-system transformer would be banned, as would UFO and Annalist

Nah, I'd say Intra to 1, and UFO and Analist to 2.
Your over estimating Aliens power here
DefiniteOtaku
DefiniteOtaku
Chaotic Stupid
Chaotic Stupid

Birthday : 1992-10-28

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Wright 2011-09-18, 22:13

a no cost 2800 beater that sends cards to the grave? (not destroying)

yeah, not gonna last long
Phoenix Wright
Phoenix Wright

Birthday : 1993-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post  nsanejokr 2011-09-18, 22:16

Pox_Equestria wrote:a no cost 2800 beater that sends cards to the grave? (not destroying)

Also, Hyperion is probably better than this card. You don't see it getting the ban-hammer.
nsanejokr
nsanejokr

Birthday : 1990-09-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Sheodon 2011-09-19, 08:02

nsanejokr wrote:
Pox_Equestria wrote:a no cost 2800 beater that sends cards to the grave? (not destroying)

Also, Hyperion is probably better than this card. You don't see it getting the ban-hammer.

This. Hyperion can beat Stardust, then destroy a card. This card cannot deal with Stardust (and other huge monsters) in battle, so it need to destroy it first.

Hmm... added the condition for Intra-System that it cannot attack if it used its effect. With this card weakened, the others are also not so broken. Also, UFO got a bit criteric, so it's also a bit weakened, but not so much.
Sheodon
Sheodon

Back to top Go down

Post  The Dubstep Dealer 2011-09-19, 09:33

Nice Deck
The Dubstep Dealer
The Dubstep Dealer

Birthday : 1995-11-14

Back to top Go down

Post  Sheodon 2011-09-19, 09:34

Pineapplemonster wrote:Nice Deck

Thanks. I'm glad you like it.
Sheodon
Sheodon

Back to top Go down

Post  tester12342 2011-09-19, 09:42

No Cosmic Fortress on the Structure deck?

tester12342

Back to top Go down

Post  KaousFaustXIII 2011-09-19, 09:58

Intra-System Terraformer *i dont think this can get anymore balanced than it is, a bit weaker compared to other structure deck boss monsters, but they have golgar anyway so that's fine.

Alien Analyst *not cool, this + Ulimate Offering, you can instantly bring out 3 of these + 1 extra alien... sure gadgets can do that too, but this one, besides having a solid 1800 body, can also reuse its effect once per turn. As broken as Gate @ 3 i'd say. Needs nerfing or limiting... i'd suggest simply let it search an alien (except itself) upon normal summoning like gearframe (keep the A-counter placing)

Alien Miner *pretty much immortal with Code A. but i guess the stats balances it.

"A" Cell Morphoirradiation *balanced generic draw engine, just what aliens need

Unidentified Flying Object - U.F.O. *bad card name, effect is meh, coz you would normally want your opponent to summon monsters... so this is like those extra traps on structure decks that you dont really use. i'd still use warning personally.
KaousFaustXIII
KaousFaustXIII

Birthday : 1986-03-17

Back to top Go down

Post  Sheodon 2011-09-19, 11:46

tester12342 wrote:No Cosmic Fortress on the Structure deck?

Extra Deck materials are not added to the Structure Deck. The only exception is Structure Deck: Special Edition (OCG), where two copies of the Structure Deck added (or 1 copy), then 2 Special Edition cards added (these are usually Extra Deck materials, or new, booster-released monsters), and a few boosters sometimes too (if 1 copy was added).

For this Deck's Special Edition, I'd add Cosmic Fortress (of course) and 1 totally new Exceed monster.

KaousFaustXIII wrote:Intra-System Terraformer *i dont think this can get anymore balanced than it is, a bit weaker compared to other structure deck boss monsters, but they have golgar anyway so that's fine.

Alien Analyst *not cool, this + Ulimate Offering, you can instantly bring out 3 of these + 1 extra alien... sure gadgets can do that too, but this one, besides having a solid 1800 body, can also reuse its effect once per turn. As broken as Gate @ 3 i'd say. Needs nerfing or limiting... i'd suggest simply let it search an alien (except itself) upon normal summoning like gearframe (keep the A-counter placing)

Alien Miner *pretty much immortal with Code A. but i guess the stats balances it.

"A" Cell Morphoirradiation *balanced generic draw engine, just what aliens need

Unidentified Flying Object - U.F.O. *bad card name, effect is meh, coz you would normally want your opponent to summon monsters... so this is like those extra traps on structure decks that you dont really use. i'd still use warning personally.

Thanks for the comments. Changin' the Analyst, so it cannot search out itself. And make Intra-System Terraformer a bit stronger: it's always treated as an "Alien" monster.

EDIT: Fixed some grammar errors.
Sheodon
Sheodon

Back to top Go down

Post  nsanejokr 2011-09-19, 12:02

I think UFO was fine as it was. The card was maybe just a bit more flexible than Saber Hole.
nsanejokr
nsanejokr

Birthday : 1990-09-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Sheodon 2011-09-19, 12:08

nsanejokr wrote:I think UFO was fine as it was. The card was maybe just a bit more flexible than Saber Hole.

I still hesitating about that card. Maybe having A-Counter on the field would be enough, but maybe it'd be a bit broken without them. I want to test these cards out, but I don't have a chance for it at the moment, since I couldn't find anyone who could help me in that.
Sheodon
Sheodon

Back to top Go down

Post  TyagoHexagon 2011-09-19, 12:32

Good ideas there. The only one I think is a bit weak is Miner, it would last on the field more than one turn. Maybe add an effect when destroyed? Also, why Flying Saucer Muusik'i, Cosmic Horror Gangi'el, Mars, Hunter and other useless monsters on the deck?
TyagoHexagon
TyagoHexagon

Birthday : 1996-05-03

Back to top Go down

Post  KaousFaustXIII 2011-09-19, 13:03

TyagoHexagon wrote:Good ideas there. The only one I think is a bit weak is Miner, it would last on the field more than one turn. Maybe add an effect when destroyed?
you sound like you never played aliens:
1. Summon Alien Miner
2. Put counter on Code A
3. When Miner is destroyed, Code A gains a counter (A-Counter: 2)
4. Activate Code A, remove 2 counters, target Alien Miner
5. Repeat 1
hence i said its pretty much immortal with Code A. Now imagine if you have 2 copies of either miner or code A...

to make it more pro, maybe he should add a standard field searching effect text like those of harpie queen or ehero captain gold, except this one would search Code A :/ but personally i think its already balanced as it is.

Also, why Flying Saucer Muusik'i, Cosmic Horror Gangi'el, Mars, Hunter and other useless monsters on the deck?
same reason why you have useless dragunities on the dragunity structure deck or useless fairies on agent structure deck. :/
KaousFaustXIII
KaousFaustXIII

Back to top Go down

Post  Sheodon 2011-09-19, 13:08

I think KaousFaustXIII answered everything, but I'm also commenting them too.

TyagoHexagon wrote:Good ideas there. The only one I think is a bit weak is Miner, it would last on the field more than one turn. Maybe add an effect when destroyed?
I also realized also that Miner is a bit weak, but it's potential to protect the Ruins makes it useable, especially in a backrow hate format. Originally, I wanted to add the line that it cannot be destroyed by battle with a monster A-Counters on it, but if it's targeted by a card's effect, it immediately destroyed (like Spirit Reaper). But then I changed it to protect the Ruins, which is a really important card for Aliens (it's like a Gateway for Six Sams, but at 3).

TyagoHexagon wrote:Also, why Flying Saucer Muusik'i, Cosmic Horror Gangi'el, Mars, Hunter and other useless monsters on the deck?

Because it's an imitation of original Structure Decks, and because Aliens were printed long time ago, I added all Aliens to the Structure Deck to collect all monsters, since some of the collectors maybe'd be interested in these cards - just like Konami usually do.
Sheodon
Sheodon

Back to top Go down

Post  Sheodon 2011-09-20, 06:10

Changes:

- 1 Flying Saucer Muusik'i
- 1 Cosmic Horror Gangi'el

+1 Alien Ammonite
+1 Alien Dog

Also, changed the ATK of Analyst to 1600.
Sheodon
Sheodon

Back to top Go down

Post  TyagoHexagon 2011-09-20, 09:30

KaousFaustXIII wrote:
you sound like you never played aliens:
1. Summon Alien Miner
2. Put counter on Code A
3. When Miner is destroyed, Code A gains a counter (A-Counter: 2)
4. Activate Code A, remove 2 counters, target Alien Miner
5. Repeat 1
hence i said its pretty much immortal with Code A. Now imagine if you have 2 copies of either miner or code A...

to make it more pro, maybe he should add a standard field searching effect text like those of harpie queen or ehero captain gold, except this one would search Code A :/ but personally i think its already balanced as it is.

Also, why Flying Saucer Muusik'i, Cosmic Horror Gangi'el, Mars, Hunter and other useless monsters on the deck?
same reason why you have useless dragunities on the dragunity structure deck or useless fairies on agent structure deck. :/

I played aliens and I did and article about them (which may sound bad), but actually there aren't my main deck and right now I'm not in a "Yu-Gi-Oh phase", so I don't detect combos as fast as I would any other time. I simply forgot about Ruins' 2nd effect.

The part about the Deck: Marik's didn't bring all the Gravekeeper's and there are numerous other examples. This is a fan deck, so there isn't need to be so Konami-like when making the decks.
TyagoHexagon
TyagoHexagon

Birthday : 1996-05-03

Back to top Go down

Post  Sheodon 2011-09-20, 09:37

TyagoHexagon wrote:The part about the Deck: Marik's didn't bring all the Gravekeeper's and there are numerous other examples. This is a fan deck, so there isn't need to be so Konami-like when making the decks.

I've already modified the Deck: the most useless supports (whiches are also not Aliens) were dropped for multiple copies of useable Aliens (like Ammonite and Dog).
Sheodon
Sheodon

Back to top Go down

Post  robyschlager 2011-09-20, 09:46

hmm have u tried play testing it
robyschlager
robyschlager

Back to top Go down

Post  Sheodon 2011-09-20, 10:03

robyschlager wrote:hmm have u tried play testing it

I wanted to, but still couldn't find an opponent/was too busy for a testing duel.
Sheodon
Sheodon

Back to top Go down

Post  KaousFaustXIII 2011-09-20, 10:09

Instead of treating Intra-System Terraformer as an Alien, simply name it "Alien Intra-System Terraformer"
KaousFaustXIII
KaousFaustXIII

Back to top Go down

Post  Sheodon 2011-09-20, 10:11

KaousFaustXIII wrote:Instead of treating Intra-System Terraformer as an Alien, simply name it "Alien Intra-System Terraformer"

"Intra-System Terraformer, Alien Weapon", maybe ? But you're right, I'll fix it.

EDIT:

Also, the trap card is renamed (Close Encounters of the Third Kind)
Sheodon
Sheodon

Back to top Go down

Post  KaousFaustXIII 2011-09-20, 10:20

Sheodon wrote:
love that name, i think it would be cool if you can make all six types of close encounters (the seventh may not be suitable for a children's card game)
KaousFaustXIII
KaousFaustXIII

Back to top Go down

Post  Sheodon 2011-09-20, 10:27

KaousFaustXIII wrote:
Sheodon wrote:
love that name, i think it would be cool if you can make all six types of close encounters (the seventh may not be suitable for a children's card game)

Thanks. And yeah, would be cool, but a Structure Deck design is a bit limited for it. For the seventh, Konami'd release it uncensored in OCG, but in TCG it would be some kind of fight between a man (woman) and an alien. Then the effect would be something like this: "Send 1 "Alien" monster from your side of the field and 1 monster from your opponent's side of the field: Special Summon 1 "Alien Hybrid" from your Deck or hand."
Sheodon
Sheodon

Back to top Go down

Post  Sheodon 2011-09-22, 15:37

Aliens got their promo card for Special Edition Structure Deck.
Sheodon
Sheodon

Back to top Go down

Post  Sheodon 2011-09-24, 19:20

Bump.
Sheodon
Sheodon

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum