Dueling Network Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The wicked avatar

4 posters

Go down

Solved The wicked avatar

Post  Galkin 2011-09-23, 15:42

This card cannot be Special Summoned. This card cannot be Normal Summoned or Set except by Tributing 3 monsters. Your opponent cannot activate Spell or Trap Cards until the end of their 2nd turn after this card is Normal Summoned. The ATK and DEF of this card are each 100 points higher than the highest ATK on the field (except "The Wicked Avatar").

The bolded part is important.
So I was wondering, what would happen if -theoretically- I had 2 Wicked avatars on my side of the field and used 2 hero masks to change their names? What would happen to their ATK points?

Galkin

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: The wicked avatar

Post  kangtuji 2011-09-23, 15:45

Then The Wicked Avatar will raise 100 atk higher than that elemental hero since it is not treated as wicked avatar anymore
kangtuji
kangtuji

Back to top Go down

Post  Galkin 2011-09-23, 15:51

Indeed, but thats saying I use 1 hero mask. I'm asking about using 2, changing both their names to something else, so the "restriction" on their ATK is lifted from each other.

Galkin

Back to top Go down

Post  kangtuji 2011-09-23, 16:17

Mmhm..

My best bet is infinite loops aren't allowed so you cannt use 2nd hero mask

I'll let the judge answer that
kangtuji
kangtuji

Back to top Go down

Post  Key 2011-09-23, 19:08

The Wicked Avatar recognizes itself so it won't continue gaining.
Key
Key
←↓Ruling Scrubbie↑→
←↓Ruling Scrubbie↑→

Birthday : 1994-11-29

Back to top Go down

Post  Galkin 2011-09-23, 22:00

I don't quite understand. The wicked avatar only recognizes the name "The wicked avatar" not the card itself.

So if I changed both their names, they would not recognize each other by the name of "The wicked avatar", so their effects shouldn't be limiting each other.

Galkin

Back to top Go down

Post  Key 2011-09-23, 22:06

To prevent continuous loops, they would recognize their own names.
Key
Key
←↓Ruling Scrubbie↑→
←↓Ruling Scrubbie↑→

Birthday : 1994-11-29

Back to top Go down

Post  Galkin 2011-09-24, 00:14

So a specific ruling was made, that The wicked avatar would recognize another wicked avatar, even if its name was changed?

Galkin

Back to top Go down

Post  Magician of Black Chaos 2011-09-24, 02:49

Here two similar situations, perhaps with this I can solve your doubts.

Situation:

2 The Wicked Avatar on my side of the field with 2900 ATK (opponent has Goyo Guardian).
I play two times Hero Mask sending two times Elemental Hero Avian to the Graveyard, so one on each The Wicked Avatar. Now their

Question:

Will their ATK raise until infinity?
Is having infinit ATK legal in Yu-Gi-Oh!?
Or is this even an endless Situation thats illegal in Yu-Gi-Oh! because of The Wicked Avats can't calculate their ATK?

You're not allowed to activate a card that will create an uncontrolled infinite.

LORE: Your opponent cannot activate Spell or Trap Cards until the end of their 2nd turn after this card is Normal Summoned. The ATK and DEF of this card are each 100 points higher than the highest ATK on the field (except "The Wicked Avatar"). This mean the other Wicked Avatar too ;D ---> OCG rulings: If multiple copies of "The Wicked Avatar" are on the field, their ATKs become 100 + the ATK of the highest monster on the field which is not named "The Wicked Avatar".

2nd Situation:

OK I have a Wicked Avatar face up on my side of field
I activate Hero Mask, sending a E. Hero to grave and choose Avatar
So what happened to Avatar's ATK?
It says The ATK and DEF of this card are each 100 points higher than the highest ATK on the field (except "The Wicked Avatar").
But its name is no longer The Wicked Avatar, so increase by 100, and then a higher ATK E-Hero face up, so increase by 100, another higher, increase by 100, and to infinity
So what is the ruling about this?

Wicked avatar will always recognize himself as a "Wicked Avatar". So there's no infinite loop.

Basically you'll waste the Hero mask.

Source: http://www.pojo.biz/board/showthread.php?t=599234

Magician of Black Chaos
Magician of Black Chaos

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down