Dueling Network Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Concerns over the new "Call Admin" button

3 posters

Go down

Concerns over the new "Call Admin" button Empty Concerns over the new "Call Admin" button

Post  Mechajaeyun 2011-10-02, 06:49

Im not sure where to put this thread, so don't hate me for it ._.

Although like most people(or just about everyone who wasn't a rage quitter) we are all very glad the A.S.S button was removed. Although this new system tends to concern me a bit too. While its only a few minor issues, they would still need to be brought up.

How long will it take for a mod to respond
Normally, one issue that bothers me is some mods don't really "do their jobs". Prior to the A.S.S button, I had issues with mods responding for help. In fact, every time I ever asked a mod for help in my room, they would simply not respond, or log off. The questions I would ask were not too big of a deal and only took a second to answer. Understanding that the mods were busy, I gave some time for them to respond, it was very disappointing that after many minutes, they still would not respond, and instead I would go unanswered. Now that I think about it, the only time my questions would get asked, it was a friend that was online who happened to be a mod. I am aware of the new hire/ Drop in most mods, but a lot of the moderators who never replied, are still indeed moderators.

Lack in the Bi-lingual Mods
Late night, there are many people from over seas online. I found many players who speak little to no English, Although I have been using a whole lot of google translator for users who do not speak English and Spanish its still very difficult when the translator translates horribly wrong. I realize its very difficult to find moderators who speak multiple languages, but having a link to the translator in the front page or somewhere around the duel room should become very useful and can reduce the "Call admin" Button being pressed multiple times since a lot of people can use the second language as an excuse for loosing. I dont want o rule out putting "English/spanish speakers" only because I like to find out different players from other country's decks and play styles and I'm sure others do too.

Lack in late night/Early Morning Moderators
Although I am aware that most people do sleep (I am not one of those people lol) there are many people online at night over seas. And around 4am-7amish there is little to around 0-1 moderators online. And yes, I have seen No mods online. And usually, that is when most of the derpness comes along. My concern is without the ass button and no mods online, will more anti sportsmanship rise and how do we go along this?

Although it may seem like I am rambling at this point, I really enjoy this program and I am only looking for the best gaming experience for everyone Very Happy
Mechajaeyun
Mechajaeyun

Birthday : 1992-05-28

https://www.youtube.com/mechajaeyun

Back to top Go down

Concerns over the new "Call Admin" button Empty Re: Concerns over the new "Call Admin" button

Post  kangtuji 2011-10-02, 07:02

This is why, now I mostly almost always put on my duel note "English Only ! No stupid espanol"

They cann't even read english, how do you expect they will following the rules / knowing their cards effect

Don't get me wrong, I am not hater or spanish hater. I Only hate the stupid ones, but lately too much of them...
kangtuji
kangtuji

Back to top Go down

Concerns over the new "Call Admin" button Empty Re: Concerns over the new "Call Admin" button

Post  Badass_Bunny 2011-10-02, 07:04

You do bring up a good point, but what is your suggestion on dealing with the problems that may ensue
Badass_Bunny
Badass_Bunny
Smexy Duelist
Smexy Duelist

Birthday : 1996-04-17

Back to top Go down

Post  Mechajaeyun 2011-10-02, 07:21

Badass_Bunny wrote:You do bring up a good point, but what is your suggestion on dealing with the problems that may ensue

I....realized I typed all that and didnt put my suggestions XDD

Well..I don't think people would just accept the fact that it just happends everywhere(Ive dealt with a big number of rage quitters on xbox live lol) I dont know if DN has a penalty on bad sportsmanship or if their going to rewrite the A.S.S button punishment rule and consequence. Proving the opponent is abusing the game is hard to prove with a screen shot(even with the A.S.S buttons anti sportsman ship message) its going to be difficult to find butt hurt players from telling a mod something made up with a screen shot. Reporting players with a screen shot, brief 1-2 sentence explanation button could be in place when mods aren't not responding or not online. Or there could be a frowny face button like on MVC3 (lol) since neg rep would be hard to determine now. Although that would seem like too much work.

While my suggestions arent great, there something lol I'm hopping for a better suggestion from someone else since..im not all that imaginative XD
Mechajaeyun
Mechajaeyun

Birthday : 1992-05-28

https://www.youtube.com/mechajaeyun

Back to top Go down

Post  kangtuji 2011-10-02, 07:36

If you ask me My suggestion would be something to do with chat room....

Enlarge it
kangtuji
kangtuji

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum